GreenWhiteBlack
Freathy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Ffarquhar wrote:
swampy wrote:
He didn't say it made it alright to be fair. Even the Aviva as you call him shows signs of having doubts over Fletcher as does Greengenes and a few others who always had 100% faith in him. It seems to be only the green blinkered Briangreen and naive Ollieargyle who remain 100% in the Fletcher camp.

To be fair to Greensam he always goes to the trouble of explaining his reasoning. those other two mentioned re-define "Aviva" entirely. clown clown

Yeh be fair to him, he holds his own and isnt afraid to say what he thinks which i respect alot. No personal jibes like that should be allowed to members who do contribute alot to discussions imo.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:57 pm

I didn't lump Sam with the other 2, I stuck up for him actually, I merely referred to Tring naming him an Aviva. I always find Sam's postings some of the best on both boards and most reasoned and more often than not I agree with most of what he says. If I had to find any fault with him and it's not a fault really it would be that he gets far too wrapped up in various formations or his perception of formations. It is a simple game really, no need to complicate it, it is played on grass by 22 men, not on a chess board.

Last edited by swampy on Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 7 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Not very good with all the quoting! My comment was directed at him, sorry!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 12:38 am

Greenjock wrote:
Not being at the game I have to content myself with the Player commentary, which is so stupidly biased towards Argyle it does no-one any favours, and read match reports in newspapers or online.

There will always be a fair amount of crap posted on here which is overly critical, but if you sift through it all you will get the real picture from posters like Hairy J, Knecht, Greenskin and Andy Symonds who were at the match.

On Pasoti it is usually the opposite with too many posters still in the mindset that we are lucky to have a club to support, or this time last season we only had 1 point so far so we are on the up, with a few posters daring to question Fletcher or Brent who then get shouted down.

The situation on Pasoti is definitely changing though, and the overwhelming majority of posters are criticising the team and manager following yesterdays game, although James Brent is still getting an easy ride. Certain dissenting voices still get rounded on though, like Hairy J for the simple reason that he is now a well known ATD poster as well.

Even Ian Newell is having a pop at Pasoti posters now for complaining, calling it Pratsoti, and not posting anymore other than to arrange auctions, or at least under his well known username IJN anyway Wink

Having a good read of all the match reports and various threads on Pasoti earlier, it is worrying how many people are of the same opinion that under Carl Fletcher we are fecked.

Sure there's still OllieArgyle9 skipping merrily along in love with everything Argyle, Brent and Fletcher, who can take positives from our start to the season?

There's still Postey who questions Hairy J's statistics for Carl Fletcher as manager, by countering that he should only take the statistics since Purse, Wotton and Chadwick were signed! What the feck!

Why is it only relevant since those 3 were signed? Stop all this 50 odd points would be enough for safety bullshit Postey. I can imagine him hunched over his computer looking for any statistic to make our situation look anything other than total shit. What next Postey? Only take statistics that include when Rhys Griffiths has played?

Carl Fletcher's much vaunted tight defensive attitude, making us hard to beat bollox, is just that, total bollox.

We have played 3 league games this season and shipped 7 goals. How the feck is that a tight defence? And we have played the might of Aldershot, Northampton and Port Vale, none of which will be near the top come the end of the season.

We play a defensive 4-5-1 at home and are still leaking goals. We got away with it against Northampton by accident rather than design, when injuries forced Fletcher to change the formation and personnel.

I can't be bothered looking up how many points it would usually take to reach the play-offs in League 2, but it will be at least 20 more than the 50-55 Fletcher is averaging in charge.

Drawing away games is fine, and so is setting up more defensively, but we do the same at home and home wins for us are as rare as rocking horse shit.

We need to start winning home games and quickly, or we will be sucked into another relegation battle and the fans who were loyal last season because they knew it was a backs to the wall dogfight brought on by coming out of administration. This season Fletcher has been handed a decent budget and continues to sign crap players, but lots of them!

Posters praise things like, "we've only lost 3 out of our last 10 home games" but in reality we've only won 1 and drawn 6, which gives us a grand total of 6 points out of 30 and a minus goal difference.We might as well go for it and win 2, draw 2 and lose 6. It's winning games that makes the big difference when it's 3 points for a win.

Somebody somewhere needs to point this out to Carl Fletcher. We can go 5 unbeaten and lose ground because he sets up playing for a point.

It's not moaning for moaning's sake as Alannotivvy says on Pasoti, and incidentally Alan, it's ATD not ADT.

ADT was the spoof website set up by the Pasoti overlord Ian Newell along with Daz and Dane Bunney, plus others too afraid to admit it because it portrayed Peggy as a whore, and several other posters on here, Paedophiles, Junkies and into Gay Bondage. Funnily enough whoever's hatred it was of Peggy, and Ian Newell called her a witch as well on twitter, they took it further and to the club so that she was removed from her free of charge excellent club history piece in the matchday programme.

So get it right please Alannotivvy, ADT was the result of a bunch of scumbags putting their heads together and anonymously attacking people, ATD is a site that sponsors none other than Robbie Williams and is frequented by several season ticket holders, lots of POTD fans and a large number of exiles like myself, a fan of nearly 30 years who has been to hundreds of Argyle games in various leagues, who want to know the actual truth about what is going on at the club, not spoonfed shit like "Brent saved the club", or "We're better off than at the same stage last season" or "There were positives to be taken from the 3-1 home defeat against a team in administration"

I get the horrible feeling that a "Presidents Progress" tubthumping speech about getting behind the team on Tuesday night is imminent.

I hope to feck we beat Bristol Rovers on Tuesday, as I hope we beat all of our opponents and would love to be proved wrong about Carl Fletcher, but sadly the best I can see us getting is a draw, because we have much harder games to come this season and if our big hope is Lowry returning from injury sometime near Christmas, then he had better be 10 times the player he has been for the rest of his career, because he's Ok and could be useful, but isn't going to single-handedly turn our fortunes around.

Nor is Rhys Griffiths if he actually manages to play a few games. I think he will score goals if he gets a decent run in the team, but he isn't going to be dribbling around 6 players from the halfway line and busting the net every ten minutes, and lets face it the supply to the frontman is virtually non existent.

If Fletcher goes he needs to be replaced with an experienced manager with a great team of backroom staff. Romain Larrieu deserves a place on the mural for everything he has done for Argyle, but there is no room for sentiment in football anymore.

James Brent and Peter Jones, prove Argyle is more than a vehicle for making money from property deals and outside ventures, and get the club running like a football club again please.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That ^^^^^^^^^ in bold is relegation form in anybody's book
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:24 am

Tringreen wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
After yesterday, has anyone got any confidence we will beat Rovers on Tuesday?

At the moment, I don't have confidence that we could beat anybody.
Rovers fans are probably saying the same to be fair.

That makes it alright in the eyes of an Aviva. How village.
Oh stop being so militant for once in your life.

I'm just pointing out that despite the fact that we're shit (and yes I agree we are shit) that Rovers are shit as well.

I was alluding that neither set of fans will feel they're good enough to win the game and shock, neither team did. All the purpose of that post served was to look at the wider picture, look at it from a different point of view and highlight that there were two shit teams competing in this game, not just one. It wasn't saying it made things alright at all.

Trouble with you is Tring, you're so determined to flush people out as Aviva's that you've become exactly what you claim to oppose. Shouting down differing points of views to your own and dismissing them with silly names. Isn't that what you disliked about Pasoti? Just food for thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 7 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:05 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
After yesterday, has anyone got any confidence we will beat Rovers on Tuesday?

At the moment, I don't have confidence that we could beat anybody.
Rovers fans are probably saying the same to be fair.

That makes it alright in the eyes of an Aviva. How village.
Oh stop being so militant for once in your life.

I'm just pointing out that despite the fact that we're shit (and yes I agree we are shit) that Rovers are shit as well.

I was alluding that neither set of fans will feel they're good enough to win the game and shock, neither team did. All the purpose of that post served was to look at the wider picture, look at it from a different point of view and highlight that there were two shit teams competing in this game, not just one. It wasn't saying it made things alright at all.

Trouble with you is Tring, you're so determined to flush people out as Aviva's that you've become exactly what you claim to oppose. Shouting down differing points of views to your own and dismissing them with silly names. Isn't that what you disliked about Pasoti? Just food for thought.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle vs Port Vale
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7