Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
GreenWhiteBlack
Freathy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Renegade wrote:
Who wants to have a wager that when the time comes for Fletcher to leave Darren Purse will be given teh job?

you don't need mystic meg to predict thats probably on the cards.

Nailed on Sad
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Anyone get the crowd number?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:03 pm

Dougie wrote:

6,080, which surprised me, it looked like a lot less from where we were sitting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Anyone know what fletchers record is since taking over? it must be truly shocking, we never bloody win.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Dougie wrote:

6,080, which surprised me, it looked like a lot less from where we were sitting.

My season ticket card wasn't scanned again today.It wasn't for the Aldershot game either but at all the other games scanning took place.How can an accurate figure be reached without scanning-is there a back up automated system in place based on clicking of the turnstiles or whatever?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Crowds holding up at the moment then. Interesting to see how the punters view a bottom of the table clash on a Tuesday night. Attendance figures are hugely important to the way the club operates.

As for the published figures and the perception of numbers - how do Argyle count season ticket holders, are they included only if they are at the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:18 pm

Greenskin wrote:
It was indeed a kick in the bollocks today.The first half was actually quite good-Argyle were in control for long periods but Vale started to get into the match towards the break and after 5 minutes of the second half it seemed obvious from my admittedly laymans opinion that changes needed to be made to get more support to Feeney and Bhasera,who,time after time,broke away only for the attacks to peter out.Equally obvious was that,under those circumstances,the midfield and defence were going to come under increasing pressure and that proved to be the case-like a knife through butter for the second and third goals.Looking at Argyle's team,it's just impossible to see where an adequate amount of goals is coming from-not just the strikers but midfield and defenders chipping in as well-Williams can't be relied upon every week.Curiously tentative performance from MacDonald today,Bhasera MOM probably.Back to square one,i'm afraid.

I agree with most of that. Not sure I'd give MoM to Bashera but not sure who else to give it to. He certainly had his moments but then so did Hourihane and MacDonald. But nobody had any consistency. In the end, I think I would give it to Robbie Williams - without any hint of bias. He not only scored but had a real handful of a winger to deal with, often on his own, especially in the first half. The forza chant of "We've got the best Robbie Wiiliams was a highlight of a poor performance from them. We yet again lacked a mid-filed with incisive passes or runs. Neither did we have an attack that challenged, offered or created.

I have no idea what Feeney could do for us but with not a shadow of doubt on my part does he have anything to offer as a lone holding centre-forward. I was impressed with Young last season but at present all he has to offer is, like Feeney, working his socks off. He needs a rest. Who to replace him?!

We have Lecointe and Madjo who could have provided some challenge alongside Feeney up front but chose not to use them in any meaningful way. I gather Griffiths should be back next weekend - I hope he manages to be there for Tuesday because he looked a class act in his 20 minute cameo.

A good first half that I thought we just shaded but the second half was poor - very poor.

A final word about Port Vale - a reasonable side with a degree of both skill and tenacity. They got a penalty and two incisive breakaways. But some of them are niggly, cheating bastards. That's all.
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:43 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Anyone know what fletchers record is since taking over? it must be truly shocking, we never bloody win.

This was lifted from Soccerbase, so hopefully it's up-to-date! He's close to a full year in charge and the record reads:

P 47 W 12 D 19 L 16

That is a win percentage of 26%.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Warny wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

This was lifted from Soccerbase, so hopefully it's up-to-date! He's close to a full year in charge and the record reads:

P 47 W 12 D 19 L 16

I think he thrives on the games that we never lost, ok last season struggling for survival this was acceptable but in this season a club like Argyle could and should be at least competing for the play offs...anything else is just not acceptable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 7:37 am

I left before the final whistle and one bloke said to me outside the ground, "that's what you get for playing half a man up front". I must admit, it made me laugh.

30 minutes in and we looked like championship contenders - the final hour was utterly clueless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 8:32 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Do they always include season ticket holders if they are there or not ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:25 am

Warny wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

P 47 W 12 D 19 L 16

So over a full season that's relegation form. Or in our case being thrown out of the football league form. And still they say he must be given more time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:29 am

For once I agree with Freathy. It's time for a change and time to get someone in, with a backroom staff, that realises that this is a professional, competitive sport rather than a place for nice guys who 'try very hard'.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 9:58 am

I did'nt go yesterday as I was working, but I would'nt have gone yesterday anyway, I considered briefly yesterday, driving down after work next Tues. But then the reality is it will probably be a dire game, I would save about £35 (incl petrol, food and drink) and do I really want to see Feeney as lone striker? (great at holding the ball up) but feck all else. I wish Brent could look at what is being posted on here, because I for one am fed up with being taken for a mug by the Argyle board as a loyal fan, who will accept any old football dross. Good as the Tribute is, I don't go for decent beer, pasties or better toilets just a decent standard of football. FLETCHER OUT (please).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:16 am

Freathy wrote:
Warny wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

P 47 W 12 D 19 L 16

So over a full season that's relegation form. Or in our case being thrown out of the football league form. And still they say he must be given more time.

Maths obviously isn't your strong point.

46 matches in a season. he's been in charge for 47 games. 12 wins = 36 points. 19 Draws = 19 points. That's a total of 55 points. Even subtracting 3 points for the one game he's been in charge over and above the 46 of a full season, thats 52 points, comfortably avoiding relegation. Should we be doing better? For sure. But once again your blind prejudice against Argyle has led you to making yet another dumb, innaccurate statement which dents the credibility of anything genuinely worthwhile that you might say. Still, 'twas ever thus...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:28 am

If we ended last season with 55 points, we'd have been sandwiched between Morecambe and AFC Wimbledon.

AFC Wimbledon?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That isn't a village green, that's their stadium. The row of semi-detached houses have a bigger capacity.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:33 am

My point, hairy, was that yet again Freathy has jumped in with another statement which misses the truth and the facts by a country mile.

No-one I know is happy about where we are, but to try and paint Fletch's record as one that would see us in the Blue Square is just bollocks.

We need to improve, changes need to be made, but the bare facts are that, over a season, Fletch's record is nowehere near as bad as ATD's very own Chuckle Brother tries to paint it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:44 am

I agree with hairy that for half hour we looked good. It's the rest of the game that bothers me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 am

knecht wrote:
I agree with hairy that for half hour we looked good. It's the rest of the game that bothers me.

If only games were 29 minutes long. We'd have won yesterday. The entire crowd applauded the team off the pitch as it was a 1-0 lead and we were playing some great stuff. I counted 18 consecutive passes in the first half in one move - when was the last time that happened?

Then, they came out for the second half and played like the St Augustines Cub Scout Group under 11 team and got booed off.

I loved and hated football yesterday in the space of an hour and a half.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:04 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Warny wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

P 47 W 12 D 19 L 16

Maths obviously isn't your strong point.

46 matches in a season. he's been in charge for 47 games. 12 wins = 36 points. 19 Draws = 19 points. That's a total of 55 points. Even subtracting 3 points for the one game he's been in charge over and above the 46 of a full season, thats 52 points, comfortably avoiding relegation. Should we be doing better? For sure. But once again your blind prejudice against Argyle has led you to making yet another dumb, innaccurate statement which dents the credibility of anything genuinely worthwhile that you might say. Still, 'twas ever thus...

Whatever Freathy says you have to look at it, remember he says things like "1-0 down after 10 minutes means we'll lose 9-0" and disregard a lot of what he says, but take on board how pissed off he is.

Whether it is averaging 52 or 55 points a season it's shit. And it's not good enough to be keeping your job when according to the owner you have a budget capable of getting promotion.

Our squad is big on numbers and very small on quality, and it's largely of Fletcher's making.

An ageing Paul Wotton goes off injured yesterday and there is no-one on the 7 man bench to replace him? Simon Walton, who was a similar player but years younger was let go to free up wages I guess, and never replaced, despite our manager being a former Premier League, International midfielder.

But Lowry is injured people are saying! He was injured during pre-season and the extent of his injury was known at the time. It was going to be months and yet no replacement has been signed. I would have thought that Blanchard stepping into midfield and Nelson going into the centre of defence would have made more sense, but Fletcher is the tactical genius who put Nelson on as a striker against Northampton, which won the game. I think we can safely say that masterstroke was a complete fluke now, rather than Fletcher demonstrating his tactical nous.

He's outthought by every opposing manager, and that's why you only ever see Argyle having one decent half at most. If we set up and start playing well, it takes a half decent manager 30 minutes to suss it out and change their tactics and Fletcher is lost. He has no plan B and hasn't got the assistants to help him in that regard.

Somebody somewhere has obviously told Fletcher that wingers win matches, as he plays a decent striker in Macdonald there, Bhasera, an international full-back there, although I do think Bhasera is better going forward than defending, and has Lennox, Gurrieri and Gorman sat on the bench for the entire 90 minutes. Even Paris Cowan-Hall can play as a winger!

Our budget has been used up on players who Fletcher then doesn't play.

Matt Lecointe, a promising young striker who represents England in his age group, is now being used as another lightweight midfielder because needs must.

We play 4-5-1 at home with a hard working but ultimately goal shy striker, who is about 5'8 and usually up against two 6 ft + centre-backs who must think Christmas has come early. The only time anything changes is due to injuries during the game, or once we are two goals down.

Carl Fletcher is not a manager. He may well become a decent manager in a few years by being an assistant or a coach under an experienced manager, but right now he is out of his depth in the bottom division and all of this is not seen by an owner who has his eyes firmly on property development and money making schemes that are of no benefit to the football club whatsoever, who admits he knows nothing about football and is in awe of Exeter Chiefs "matchday experience" and wants to replicate it at Home Park.

Other than that, we're in good shape.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:09 am

55 points for probably the biggest team in the division is feckin embarrassing!

Also why sign Lowry a day after he failed a medical at Crewe? It's stupidity at its finest
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:19 am

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
55 points for probably the biggest team in the division is feckin embarrassing!

Also why sign Lowry a day after he failed a medical at Crewe? It's stupidity at its finest

Yes but clearly he is the man to lead us near bottom of L2 glory. It seems some don't want it any other way. Argyle narrowly escaping expulsion from the football league for being too shit again is a small price to pay for their beloved fletcher being able to play at being football 'manager' for another season.
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:25 am

Hey now, at least we have a club to support!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 11:27 am

GreenWhiteBlack wrote:
Hey now, at least we have a club to support!

true? what did you do in the war Basketball
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle vs Port Vale   Argyle vs Port Vale - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle vs Port Vale
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next