Freathy
Tringreen
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:39 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Is the suggestion now that Webb isn't an Argyle supporter really? I have attended Argyle for donkey's years but I bet not more than a handful of people know me there or that I go to matches. Is the litmus test being known by the masses? I have seen no evidence whatsoever to suggest he wasn't a supporter prior to Brent anywhere. What is the basis for this suggestion.

I can smell bullshit from a different country, is that proof enough?. Of course not.

Go to GOS and spot him on the pitch during the Darlo-Argyle promotion match. He was there (like feck). He has no clue about Argyle or its supporters. No I can't prove it but I've a good scent for something rotten.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:43 pm

The Pompey incident was a good indicator of lack of history/background/common sense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:50 pm

So what you are suggesting is that rather than him being a fan he was hired in as some sort of heavy gang of one to set the real supporters on Heaney to scupper him and open the door for Brent allegedly. Wow, and that Mr Brent had such an angelic look about him.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:17 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
So what you are suggesting is that rather than him being a fan he was hired in as some sort of heavy gang of one to set the real supporters on Heaney to scupper him and open the door for Brent allegedly. Wow, and that Mr Brent had such an angelic look about him.

He can be quoted either here or on pasoti as saying he was one of the 1st on the pitch at Darlo when we got promoted (and screened on GOS). If you can spot him I'll happily concede. Until then he's a complete utter James Blunt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:18 pm

To Suggest Webb isn't a fan of Argyle is Ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Saltash green wrote:

There's plenty of evidence to suggest he isn't in this thread alone. You prove he's a fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:28 pm

I still don't see the argument for him not being a fan. The only picture of me, ever, at Argyle was in the Herald (I think) or could have been the WMN. They used to do a picture of the crowd and put a circle around one person who then won some prize or other. I was stood next to that person in one photo. Does that mean I am not a fan really and I have only made my attendance up? As I said, if he didn't do anything out of being a fan in the war then you must be suggesting Brent allegedly hired him in to do a number on Heaney and get his foot in the door. That is a little Deck of Cards for me. No proof he is a fan of course but then again you have no proof he isn't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Saltash green wrote:

There's plenty of evidence to suggest he isn't in this thread alone. You prove he's a fan.

Total crap , the bloke is argyle through and through !!! so what if what he does is against the grain, i dont agree with everything webb says or does but im sure everything he does that is argyle related is meant with good intentions !!!
Back to top Go down
fridgey

fridgey

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Saltash green wrote:

Course he's not. He is here for the glory and glamour. Rolling Eyes FFS
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I still don't see the argument for him not being a fan. The only picture of me, ever, at Argyle was in the Herald (I think) or could have been the WMN. They used to do a picture of the crowd and put a circle around one person who then won some prize or other. I was stood next to that person in one photo. Does that mean I am not a fan really and I have only made my attendance up? As I said, if he didn't do anything out of being a fan in the war then you must be suggesting Brent allegedly hired him in to do a number on Heaney and get his foot in the door. That is a little Deck of Cards for me. No proof he is a fan of course but then again you have no proof he isn't.

Behave.

Chris Webb made a reference to GOS and the Darlo match, being one of the 1st on the pitch, we can see it etc, can't remember the topic or subject. What I do remember is looking and there was no way I could even find my BFF, let alone a younger Webby. He's full of bullshit but I'm happy for you to check that pic and prove me wrong.

It really doesn't compare to you being in some one-off spot-the-ball or whatever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:43 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

That's your claim to fame Razz being next to the person who won £100 in the Herald spot the fan lol!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:52 pm

ref CW :
my hunch is he had been a floating fan (like quite a few thousand as it happens) for many years, turning up for games when club on a good run (say Reading home 1994 3-1) or a big relegation crunch game (blackburn 1992 or burnley 1998). maybe even going regualr during sturrocks 1st reign.

he saw on oppurtunity to 'help' when staff went without pay but i would say he has been shown is brents way or bankrupcy & has elected for the former.

a fan yes but i would guess not a regular, judging by his pompey 'idea' i would say he hadnt been to many games pre 1989.

maybe like many others he read fever pitch & fell in love with the game. lol!

i can hand anyone a list of every game i have attended home & away (yes im that much of a geek) could he do the same ?

its impossible to know every fan but for someone so vocal it would be difficlt to hide - for exmaple how many on here know of Loud or knew noddy ???
ps im not saying he has too but it would be of interest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:57 pm

I notice you keep ignoring the second part of my posts which I've made twice now. Why would he turn up at the baracades if he had no interest in Argyle? If you don't think it was as a fan then what was the reason.

I try not to brag about it jock but tonight I just had to.

I couldn't name half the games I've been to and have no idea who Loud is but I did know of Noddy as he used to frequent the side of the ground I did and often ran up and down shouting or singing "Argyoooo". I also stood next to Umbrella Vi for a while but that is no reason to doubt or proof anyone is a fan or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:59 pm

I can vouch that my old Dad has been going for a very long time. He also forced me into attending. The first game he took me to was Blackpool at home in 1986. I haven't got a picture on GOS from that day. I have however been featured in an away match against Barnsley as I took some pictures up there but I can't find them - August 25th 2007 if anyone else can - the search on there is pretty pointless as Barnsley came up with no pages.

The suggestion Chris Webb isn't a fan is ridiculous - absolutely ridiculous.

The reason he became so public was because he saw an opportunity to put his professional skill forward in support of what he thought was right at the time - whether that was good, bad or indifferent is beside the point as the fact is, he's a fan.

It fits the conspiracy theories though.

I think Ian Newell is just having a nice time to be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Papa Smurf...You want to go to an away game or two,when LOUD is right behind you. You'd soon know who he was.But then you dont so you wont have.Hairy J Barnsley's got a big away end,although a nice social club at the top of the hill.Must have missed you.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Sensible, since when did this thread turn into 'about you'?

It's about Nool & Webb. Nobody is questioning your credentials. Why are you looking for an argument about you?

I try hard to stay out of your spats with others but you make it difficult.

As for those who say my claims that Webb isn't a fan/supporter is ridiculous, prove I'm wrong, I've told you where to look!

Last edited by Coxside_Green on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:

It's about Nool & Webb. Nobody is questioning your credentials. Why are you looking for an argument about you?

As for those who say my claims that Webb isn't a fan/supporter is ridiculous, prove it!

Prove he isn't.

I can prove he is.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Quote :
This recent honour is the second Argyle accolade for Chris. In 1980, when he was just three hours old, his Dad sent a photo of him to the club programme and it was printed. He was named the club's youngest ever supporter. Now he is the president - "chuffed to bits is an understatement" - he wants to be the club's conscience.
"I am a working class boy with strong beliefs and values. I will carry these features into the role as president and will never change what I am or what I stand for," added Webb.
"I am proud to be the club president but I feel that I am there not as an individual but on behalf of the whole Green Army."
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:17 pm

hairy j wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

As for those who say my claims that Webb isn't a fan/supporter is ridiculous, prove it!

Prove he isn't.

I can prove he is.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Quote :
This recent honour is the second Argyle accolade for Chris. In 1980, when he was just three hours old, his Dad sent a photo of him to the club programme and it was printed. He was named the club's youngest ever supporter. Now he is the president - "chuffed to bits is an understatement" - he wants to be the club's conscience.
"I am a working class boy with strong beliefs and values. I will carry these features into the role as president and will never change what I am or what I stand for," added Webb.
"I am proud to be the club president but I feel that I am there not as an individual but on behalf of the whole Green Army."

Sorry, I edited the same time you posted. Check the pic on GOS, Darlo-Argo 2002. He was one of the 1st on the pitch allegedly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:18 pm

This is at risk of turning into the "who's got the biggest willy" game. Messrs Webb & Newell are Argyle fans - undeniably (my brother says he thinks he can remember Mr Newell in his hooligan days a long time ago).

How does someone demonstrate they are a fan? If, like GregCampbell, you can provide written evidence I suppose that will do. But most of us (me) can hardly remember last season let alone when started going over 50 years ago. Do you have to provide your season tickets from years gone by? Do you have to open your wardrobe of replica shirts? Do you have to cut yourself and bleed green?

Who's the biggest fan? It's all a bit .... pasoti!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:21 pm

PS I've never had my picture in the programme or in the Herald at Argyle - though I did make a guest appearance on Greens-on-Screen. And a damned handsome fellow I looked too.

I bet I'm better looking than anyone who posts on here - including Webb and Newell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 pm

It isn't about me for christ sake. I am simply pointing out that there is no documentary proof that I even attend as an example of others not being able to approve it either. Answer the question Coxside. Are you suggesting Webb was a plant to give Brent control allegedly? You are the one who made a statement about Webb not being a fan so what exactly is wrong with questioning that statement. I may not like somethings Webb does but there must be plenty of other things to stick a knife in about than that suggestion. To try to turn this around is evading the point.

I don't enter "big willy" competitions knecht to save my ego and dignity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Was Webby anywhere near Leeds or Bradford back in the 1970s?

With regard to Newell being a hooligan...he admitted as much on exeweb a couple of years ago and bragged about wading into the Cowshed back in the day. I think this after Newell left the police force. Allegations on Exeweb suggested he was sacked, he says if I recall that he left of his own accord.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Top left... he has that look about him.

Darlington away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:32 pm

Knecht your brother is right,biggest hooly of the lot in his day...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:32 pm

Yeah I go along with Hairy J on this one. I don't believe for one minute he hasn't been a long time fan.

I do believe in UFO's though. I reckon the world governments have loads of evidence they've kept from us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next