Dougie
Freathy
Tringreen
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent Empty
PostSubject: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:16 am

I was going to post this on pasoti but would probably just get it deleted under their flaming rules.

Since the club is being criticised publicly on pasoti by more than "the usual suspects", they've disappeared from posting on there other than the announcements and auctions that don't constitute discussion.

If Mr Webb is a fan, surely he's deeply worried with what we are doing on the pitch. I also note that Mr Newell, since he has become a resident directors box attendee on matchdays isn't posting in threads defending the club and the management any longer.

Is this nearly the end of the super-fan and getting behind the team/club/James Brent?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:19 am

Are you joking?

The end? Neither is it the beginning of the end... This isn't even the beginning!

Newell hasn't even been named Associate Director yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:27 am

Rickler wrote:
Are you joking?

The end? This isn't even the beginning!

Newell hasn't even been named Associate Director yet.

I think so as the fans who once seemed to be OK with fan involvement are mightily annoyed about what's happening on the pitch and all the non-football stuff we're being force fed via 'fan engagement'. Even Forza Thingy Ma Bob are getting a slating this season and they were generally encouraged last season, the PASB is falling apart (nobody posts in that folder other than 3 or 4 people and most of those are candidates) and people are generally annoyed at most things the club is doing on and off the pitch - last season people weren't happy with the results but there was a lot of "good on yer Chris" and "keep it up Ian" posts on pasoti - they are no longer there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:05 am

It get's more difficult to praise an initiative off the pitch when things are awful on the pitch, even for the staunchest supporter.

You can have as many testimonials as you want about about how Mr Smith and his two kids from Aldershot loved the new family area, that kept the nippers entertained while Mr Smith watched his team walk away with 3 points, as long as in the programme you also show the home fans comments about lack of commitment, tactics, skill and anything else needed to win the odd game in Division 4.

I would think that the fans need another first in football, or another Nikkk sponsored morale boost to paper over the cracks again to take people's minds off of a trip to an Oxford team who could well be promotion contenders, rather than a game against two of Divisions 4's lesser lights.

Still I'm sure Carl has found some positives to take from the first two league games, all about fitness and gelling as a team at the moment!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:30 am

I reckon the twisted control freak has already been anointed by Brent Sahib.

PAFC completely VILLAGE !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:32 am

It's encouraging to hear that not everyone is going to sit by and put up with the utter shit that's being served as the 'offering' on the pitch. Brent will soon realise that not all janners are cap doffing, servile, just happy to still have a club, happy clappy avivas and that all the spin and any attepts at silencing dissent by his goons and hangers on won't work. After we get thoroughly mauled by Oxford I want "BRENT OUT!!!" ringing VERY loudly in his ears at the next home game!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:39 am

I think they've withdrawn to a place of safety both the directors box, commentary box and twitter are for likeminds and sycophants (add to that trying to cut off dissent by asking to not read or quote said publicly accessible twitter) and it's the internet equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going la la la can't hear you.

Now Brent has been watching football for a year whilst I've heading towards 40 and I wouldn't know how to get out of this mess, a mess of the clubs own making, so who is he going to trust and listen to. I would be almost impossible for him to make his own judgement.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:49 am

Dougie wrote:
I think they've withdrawn to a place of safety both the directors box, commentary box and twitter are for likeminds and sycophants (add to that trying to cut off dissent by asking to not read or quote said publicly accessible twitter) and it's the internet equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and going la la la can't hear you.

Now Brent has been watching football for a year whilst I've heading towards 40 and I wouldn't know how to get out of this mess, a mess of the clubs own making, so who is he going to trust and listen to. I would be almost impossible for him to make his own judgement.

There is one director who should know better but he is behaving like a control freak too.

What the f*ck are these clowns doing to the club?
Back to top Go down
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:56 am

The club will continue on a downward spiral until Brent rids himself of the "wannabe Boss Hogg style superfan trying to be a big player in a small town" types and surrounds himself with proper football people. The kind of people who know how to run a club.

Fletcher needs to go too - now.

I still remember the 20 odd page thread when Warnock was available. Post your messages of encouragement here to get Warnock back. I will not listen to anyone who says Trust in Fletch but still posted on that thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:16 am

Newell in a PAFC suit spells it all out for me.

This club is fecked.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:24 am

Tringreen wrote:
Dougie wrote:

There is one director who should know better but he is behaving like a control freak too.

Interestingly,Peter Jones posted on PASOTI last night for the first time in ages.Wonder if that is significant?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:28 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Interestingly,Peter Jones posted on PASOTI last night for the first time in ages.Wonder if that is significant?

I've heard he likes viewing this website aswell, but for some reason won't become a member and join up.

Probably because the club gets a tough ride on here, but we aren't going anywhere despite the efforts of some control freak yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:29 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Sad to say, with some of the things I've heard from and about the guy, I've lost any belief in him.

If he has stood by and allowed Dumber and Dumber to gain influence, he is either afraid of losing his own position or has joined the dimwitted control freaks..
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:40 am

I see that down on the farm they are now realising that Fletch is a dimwit and that we have a very poor squad. No shit Sherlocks !

How frustrating is it to be able to see the endless shambles evolving at Home Park for what it really is, yet nobody listens until it's too late. I've been on the case for frikkin years !

Youuuum naaaaaaat a praaaaaaaper faaaaaan Tringy ! they cry.

I'm naaaaaaat a praaaaaaper f*ckin idiot either !

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:41 am

Disappointing that we have Webb & Newell types around our directors box.

What is necessary is well heel men with money who can do something positive financially for the club.

Newell just bullies those that are not in his gang and Webb has changed completely from the man who would walk that extra mile for the club....he has turned into a radio commentator who controls any feelings whilst on air....sad really.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:53 am

I think the realisation has now hit pasoti that Argyle is being run on the cheap, and cheap, tacky gimmicks are being promoted to take attention away from the god awful football team and management. As the team is so bad, criticism of everything is now increasing- I think this is in part down to the overhyping of trivialities and that everything is great at Argyle.

I mentioned it before that Brent seems to have mocked fans who have predicted a season of struggle (making quips about their crystal balls) in the Herald pre-season pull out when it was plain to see in pre-season.

Now the two cheerleaders have given up on pasoti, Postey fights a lonely battle which he is gradually losing.

I made the point in another thread, we are now 5 points worse off than last season (as we achieved 6 points from these fixtures). We gained 46 points last season, take 5 off that puts us on 41 points and 23rd place.

Until Brent and his board realise that Argyle will be relegated if things don't change, we are fukked.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:54 am

Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Sad to say, with some of the things I've heard from and about the guy, I've lost any belief in him.

If he has stood by and allowed Dumber and Dumber to gain influence, he is either afraid of losing his own position or has joined the dimwitted control freaks..

I have similar feelings Tring. Very disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 9:56 am

I still think that Brent believes these two to be representative of the fanbase. He probably genuinely believed they would motivate the latent fanbase and importantly, do it on the cheap whilst he got on with his real business. No wonder Web n Nool were so pro Brent, they knew from the start that they would get the keys to Home Park if they supported the fine gentleman.

He's in for a rude awakening. They are childlike, self promoting control freaks and have divided the potential fanbase. The constant bucket rattling and ill conceived initiatives will attract none but the dimwitted.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:48 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Dougie wrote:

What did Peter Jones post on Pasoti? Was he quelling the unrest with the promise of better matchday programme features now the unwanted ones have been cut out? Apologising for the shit Argyle fans are having to put up with again this season? Or just dipping his toe in the water before becoming a more regular poster on Pasoti?

Just imagine the enthusiasm that could be whipped up if PJ had his own feature, to go alongside the Presidents Progress! There could be alternate ones every day to remind us how great things are, and are going to be. Competitions like "Insert a phrase here" ............................, If you want a new striker. "Don't run on the pitch" and "buy more memberships" have already been used, but there are endless others available such as "Don't complain about the pasties" and "Don't ask why Peggys column has disappeared from the programme".

The suited and booted Ian Newell is confirmation that the club know all about any previous shenanigans that have gone on and they don't care. Peggy Prior's column being omitted from the matchday programme could be seen as punishment for being an ATD poster.

Carry on then, I'm sure it won't take long before other people the club don't want criticising them are inconvenienced or punished in any way you can, and you would rather cut out an itch that is annoying you, than try and find why there's an itch and prevent it.

If Plymouth Argyle Football Club are prepared to lose fans like Peggy Prior, then they don't care who else joins her. One or two season tickets not renewed, a few Player subscriptions cancelled, all worth it to silence any well warranted fears and criticsm of the club or it's manager.

Meanwhile back on Pasoti, PL2 3DQ is almost a folorn figure still trying to summon up enthusiasm for a point away from home.

At least we're consistently crap unlike Aldershot who took the 3 points from Home Park with barely a whimper on Saturday, and by Tuesday night are so crap they lose to Exeter!

And unless there's a complete miracle over the next week, we will be out of the C1 Cup and 1 point from 3 games in the league, as we host the mighty Northampton at Home Park, the 7k who turned up last week will be more like 5k
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:06 am

theyll be back once argyle win a game to tell us all how we should trust in CF & JB.
The club is run like a pub team off the pitch & like one on it.

The grateful to have a club theory is gonna be sorely tested this season, last season you could get away with it but not this season most were hoping for JB to mean business & get the club moving forwards once again.
at the moment it isnt.

run like a charity.

enjoy the ride ?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:45 am

Tringreen wrote:
I reckon the twisted control freak has already been anointed by Brent Sahib.

PAFC completely VILLAGE !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"In the director's box"

What's he wearing a box for? Hides it well though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 11:57 am

I've been thinking for sometime that the club is being run by a bunch of Internet power freak thugs and if Brent and Jones wish to be tarred with the same brush then so be it because if anyone is happy to be associated with some of the characters involved then they are classed as tw@ts in my book, owners or not!
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Webb & Nool wont be going anywhere soon. Webb's an Argo supporter as much as Keith Todd ever was and Nool's too comfy & arrogant to give up his position, in fact he's even on record as saying he wouldn't be bothered if we became non-league (or words to that effect).

At worst the current shite will continue and they'll be back blaming the supporters when they stop attending. I suspect somewhere in the near future we'll get an unexpected result from somewhere (my bet's on this Saturday when we park the proverbial bus and escape with a lucky 0-0) and the multis/Nool will be out in full force.

I suppose the real question should be how long does Brent need to tie up all his property development deals (inclusive of fecking off the new stand idea) and off-loading the club?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:11 pm

Isn't it the aim to become "non-league" so that the "unwanted" club can be handed over for the monkey's to run while dear old James makes another fortune from sweet little earning developments?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:17 pm

GOB wrote:
Isn't it the aim to become "non-league" so that the "unwanted" club can be handed over for the monkey's to run while dear old James makes another fortune from sweet little earning developments?

It's certainly coming across that way (although I'd like to think Brent would still want some sort of fee for the club which would price some people out). There's zero plan for professional league football beyond the end of this season.

Last edited by Coxside_Green on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next