Freathy
Tringreen
Rickler
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
crickeypafc

Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:26 pm

I still go along with Webb is alright

But Newell is a tosser you should hear what people say about him in lounge and stuff its rather funny
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 12:29 pm

crickeypafc wrote:

But Newell is a tosser you should hear what people say about him in lounge and stuff its rather funny

Guilty by association. They're joined at the hip, a pair of Windsor Boys.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:23 pm

crickeypafc wrote:

It's all very well calling him a tosser and other funny stuff but are people in the lounge getting to grips with more serious issues?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Serious question but what would there be to gain if Chris Webb posted on pasoti that the team were playing badly? Would it damage the club if the President stated that or would it galvanise the fanbase a little?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:03 pm

I dont see what the issue is ??? When they posted people didnt like it , now there not posting people dont like it!!!!

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Saltash green wrote:
I dont see what the issue is ??? When they posted people didnt like it , now there not posting people dont like it!!!!

It's because they do not tolerate any criticism. Now that the hens are coming home to roost they're ducking out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:24 pm

One thing you cannot deny Tring (or anyone else), both of them are supporters of this club. you cannot deny (no matter how much you personally hate the guy) that Ian Newell has raised a lot of money for the club, organised a host of events and initiatives for the fans and has supported the team with gusto when the club has needed support the most. You cannot deny that. Ian is just a normal fan although I do find it odd he sits in the directors box on match days and I don't think he's sneeking in there without James Brent noticing.

I don't want to talk about him though.

Chris Webb is a different matter though. If he came on here, you'd give him a load of abuse and hound him out of a thread with the usual "your head is up James Brent's arse" and any form of discussion would cease and the thread would be over. If he posted on pasoti, he'd be sniped on here for doing so. I do think however that Chris Webb is just as concerned as all of us (the fans collectively) and I do believe he cares that we aren't performing on the pitch.

I'd like to see his view on the matter but isn't he in a lose/lose position if he does?

Is Chris Webb absent because of the abuse?

Oh and I'm not a poodle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:39 pm

hairy j wrote:
One thing you cannot deny Tring (or anyone else), both of them are supporters of this club. you cannot deny (no matter how much you personally hate the guy) that Ian Newell has raised a lot of money for the club, organised a host of events and initiatives for the fans and has supported the team with gusto when the club has needed support the most. You cannot deny that. Ian is just a normal fan although I do find it odd he sits in the directors box on match days and I don't think he's sneeking in there without James Brent noticing.

Chris Webb is a different matter though. If he came on here, you'd give him a load of abuse and hound him out of a thread with the usual "your head is up James Brent's arse" and any form of discussion would cease and the thread would be over. If he posted on pasoti, he'd be sniped on here for doing so. I do think however that Chris Webb is just as concerned as all of us (the fans collectively) and I do believe he cares that we aren't performing on the pitch.

I'd like to see his view on the matter but isn't he in a lose/lose position if he does?

Oh and I'm not a poodle.

didnt a poster want his account deleted because of abuse you gave him? think hard on that before you preach again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Renegade wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Oh and I'm not a poodle.

didnt a poster want his account deleted because of abuse you gave him? think hard on that before you preach again

I did that in private by PM and it was for entirely personal family reasons - not because I disagreed with his opinion on something.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:47 pm

hairy j wrote:

Don't, then.

Oh ok then, if we have to, given that *you* started a thread about him...what money he has raised has gone towards Brent's debt rather than the club. Regardless of this, is it really fair to attribute the funds raised to Newell when one bloke has won every auction and simply pays whatever he wants to pay? I remember Newell creeping up to Stapleton, I remember him creeping up to Todd...I even remember his immortal line "Sir Roy simply does not 'do' failure"...and now Brent is in charge, we have his slobbery grinning mug sat in the director's box, whilst Argyle get worse and worse. Is he an Argyle fan or a chairman fan? He's creepy, either way. Certainly not normal, and that's even without looking at his online behaviour.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:49 pm

hairy j wrote:
Renegade wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Oh and I'm not a poodle.

I did that in private by PM and it was for entirely personal family reasons - not because I disagreed with his opinion on something.

Chris Webb screams abuse when anyone disagrees with him whether its in a constructive way/ a direct way or in a nice way i have never seen one post on here or pasoti that is openly abusive towards him and if there was i am sure the mods on here and there would take action.

He simply doesn't post on here because not everyone agrees with him and his ego simply cant accept that, If he argued his point with posters instead of being aggressive towards them solutions would be reached. You can do a little research on here and pasoti you will see what i mean.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:49 pm

Bollox, there's no evidence Chris Webb is a fan any more than Keith Todd was. Nobody knows him aside from his recent past.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Renegade wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Renegade wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Oh and I'm not a poodle.

Chris Webb screams abuse when anyone disagrees with him whether its in a constructive way/ a direct way or in a nice way i have never seen one post on here or pasoti that is openly abusive towards him and if there was i am sure the mods on here and there would take action.

He simply doesn't post on here because not everyone agrees with him and his ego simply cant accept that, If he argued his point with posters instead of being aggressive towards them solutions would be reached. You can do a little research on here and pasoti you will see what i mean.

I didn't have to look far.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:09 pm

hairy j wrote:
Renegade wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Renegade wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Oh and I'm not a poodle.

what i saw was some asking legit question he ignored them and a few posting zzzzzz and then it tailed off (only read 5 pages im not a geek) not really what i call abuse myself but there again im not sensitive. i still can't see how you can justify posting threats to a user on here via pm that makes you any better then anyone else that posts zzzzz to Chris Webb because you are suddenly becoming his spokesman on here after creeping up to him on pasoti
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:34 pm

I was accused of giving CW abuse after calling him a noob (newbie). I'll go further and call him a complete tosser now.

I saw him last Tuesday carrying the back end of the 'fans united' flag. He blinked and turned away from anyone who might have said anything (block 13). Shy or sly?, wanker!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:39 pm

Renegade wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Renegade wrote:
hairy j wrote:
Renegade wrote:
hairy j wrote:

Oh and I'm not a poodle.

what i saw was some asking legit question he ignored them and a few posting zzzzzz and then it tailed off (only read 5 pages im not a geek) not really what i call abuse myself but there again im not sensitive. i still can't see how you can justify posting threats to a user on here via pm that makes you any better then anyone else that posts zzzzz to Chris Webb because you are suddenly becoming his spokesman on here after creeping up to him on pasoti

I'm not claiming superiority and I'm not creeping up to Chris Webb either. I feel sorry for him in a way but I'm not going to back him up on the internet as he's a grown man and can do that himself; he's not exactly a shrinking violet.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:45 pm

hairy j wrote:
I was going to post this on pasoti but would probably just get it deleted under their flaming rules.

Since the club is being criticised publicly on pasoti by more than "the usual suspects", they've disappeared from posting on there other than the announcements and auctions that don't constitute discussion.

If Mr Webb is a fan, surely he's deeply worried with what we are doing on the pitch. I also note that Mr Newell, since he has become a resident directors box attendee on matchdays isn't posting in threads defending the club and the management any longer.

Is this nearly the end of the super-fan and getting behind the team/club/James Brent?

I'm sure they're just maintaining a undignified silence.

Until they get their orders obviously.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:31 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Bollox, there's no evidence Chris Webb is a fan any more than Keith Todd was. Nobody knows him aside from his recent past.

I've heard the same Coxside. Its pretty inconceivable that no fans knew of or had heard of such an "ardent fan" as Webb from attending Argyle - pre war, but that seems to be exactly the case. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was a plant to steer the fans in Brent's direction.

When exactly did he rock up anyway ? As I recall he was first seen after Graham Clark ballsed up at the Pavilions meeting with Ridsdale & Guilfoyle.
If it can be proved that Webb isn't a "real" fan at all where would that leave him ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:35 pm

Ffarquhar wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:

I've heard the same Coxside. Its pretty inconceivable that no fans knew of or had heard of such an "ardent fan" as Webb from attending Argyle - pre war, but that seems to be exactly the case. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he was a plant to steer the fans in Brent's direction.

When exactly did he rock up anyway ? As I recall he was first seen after Graham Clark ballsed up at the Pavilions meeting with Ridsdale & Guilfoyle.
If it can be proved that Webb isn't a "real" fan at all where would that leave him ?

Maybe a trawl through the club's historical data bases on ticket sales and merchandise will reveal when his 'interest' began ? Even I'm on there.

Although personally, I doubt anyone would go to such lengths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 7:45 pm

They're still friends, I've seen proof.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Are you suggesting they aren't proper fans Tring?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Looking forward to Newell and Webb attending the City game in their official capacities. I am not sure it is safe for Newell at SJP to attend after everything he has done.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:08 pm

The Red Star wrote:
Looking forward to Newell and Webb attending the City game in their official capacities. I am not sure it is safe for Newell at SJP to attend after everything he has done.

What is Newell's official capacity?

Are you suggesting he has been given a club position but that the club haven't announced it?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Rickler wrote:
The Red Star wrote:

What is Newell's offal capacity?

Are you suggesting he has been given a club position but that the club haven't announced it?

Sorry Rickler but that looks a lot better now Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Is the suggestion now that Webb isn't an Argyle supporter really? I have attended Argyle for donkey's years but I bet not more than a handful of people know me there or that I go to matches. Is the litmus test being known by the masses? I have seen no evidence whatsoever to suggest he wasn't a supporter prior to Brent anywhere. What is the basis for this suggestion.

Renegade, if you don't think that Webb is abused in any way on here then how do you know, given your own interpretation of abuse, that the PM sent by hairyj was abusive? Abuse is in the eye of the beholder. In hairyj's case the Mods deemed it was but others might think it not. I don't know what the PM said and he is my son. Do you know? I have criticised Webb for his Presidential role and how he conducted it quite publicly. I am neither a fan of his or otherwise. But, to say he doesn't get stick for posting here is being rather blinkered. You only have to look at page one of the thread highlighted to see the number of put down posts. Not abuse but not exactly welcoming of him imparting something to the site. Previously he was criticised for not including all sites and that is what generally happens when he does. There is hardly anything from him that doesn't end up with a "Have you remembered your IP address yet" for example. Nothing to do with the subject but just thrown in at every opportunity.

Newell is another matter altogether. He has whether people like it or not helped to raise a good deal of money for whatever benefit people deem it to be for. Heart in the right place is what I would call that and I doubt it is simply for Brent's benefit alone. However, it is pretty clear that he plays games and seeks publicity in the wrong way. I draw that conclusion from the many complaints and the basis that they cannot all be wrong by laws of averages alone. Maybe he is about to receive his Knighthood for services to whatever but in his case I see no reason for his absence from anywhere unlike Webb which I can.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 8:36 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Is the suggestion now that Webb isn't an Argyle supporter really? I have attended Argyle for donkey's years but I bet not more than a handful of people know me there or that I go to matches. Is the litmus test being known by the masses? I have seen no evidence whatsoever to suggest he wasn't a supporter prior to Brent anywhere. What is the basis for this suggestion.

I think the 'presidents own rule' is being applied by certain posters...

The one that says 'what was good for Todd' is good for Chris Webb?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent   Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Webb and Ian Newell are absent
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next