Rickler
Tgwu
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tcm

tcm

Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 am

Penz wrote:
Each to their own.

Inside the ground:

seller: Er Mike, I've got two sorts of pasties, large steak for £3 ... or large steak for £10.

mike: I'll have the £10 steak pasty please. drunken
eating and cider, noooooooooooooooo,thats a sin,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 am

Penz wrote:
Each to their own.

Inside the ground:

seller: Er Mike, I've got two sorts of pasties, large steak for £3 ... or large steak for £10.

mike: I'll have the £10 steak pasty please. drunken

You mean.............

Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:29 am

do you get up the match gob?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:37 am

talk about what are you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:37 am

tcm wrote:
i think we will do well this season,thats my opinion,there are a certain group on here that arnt happy with anything,the sort that are sat at the end of the bar on there own looking slightly angry that the cheese and onion crisps have run out,,,,,,,,havnt read the brent thing,for me its more about going to the match having a laugh meeting up with freinds a day out on the lash and enjoying it win loose or draw,again a very difficult concept for some,

Ok so the scenario in Mike's Totnes utopia is either he's hit the scrumpy early or he ran out of scrumpy last night and is on a huge come down so has sniffed every bottle in his garage.

So Mike is there any basis for your confidence for this season with the same team as last season? Did you keep off the pitch last season for fear of missing out on a new striker? And although you are totally against money in principal, when you venture out to Plymouth, surely they don't accept your offer of cutting the landlords grass in exchange for a flagon of cider like you get in Totnes, and then at the turnstiles I doubt they accept a brace of pheasant poached that very morning from squire Brents top field.

Once you have bartered you way into your seat it must be a club owners paradise seeing you in the ground. Argyle score yay. Argyle concede yay. Boring goalless draw yay. Back to Totnes for a hog roast.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:47 am

in no defence of anybody here, bartering works a feckin treat, in my experience.

'how do you pay the bills?' i dont- nobody disconnects anybody anymore, they just get the dco's on the case and theyre about as effective as our strikeforce ...

3 months later - 'we are willing to write off this debt...'
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:04 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:
in no defence of anybody here, bartering works a feckin treat, in my experience.

'how do you pay the bills?' i dont- nobody disconnects anybody anymore, they just get the dco's on the case and theyre about as effective as our strikeforce ...

Which is fine until you need to get into the game and unless Jim on the turnstile is a poaching buddy, you're not going to be able to get to your seat and then refuse to pay.

Mike really is one of the "Just glad to still have a club brigade". If you have no expectations, you can't be disappointed eh Mike? Just a day out on the lash, so doesn't matter if it's Manchester City, York City or Truro City you're watching. If anything playing Truro City is better for you so it takes less time to queue up and you don't have to hand over so many carrots to get in.

Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:24 pm

[quote="Greenjock"]
tcm wrote:
i think we will do well this season,thats my opinion,there are a certain group on here that arnt happy with anything,the sort that are sat at the end of the bar on there own looking slightly angry that the cheese and onion crisps have run out,,,,,,,,havnt read the brent thing,for me its more about going to the match having a laugh meeting up with freinds a day out on the lash and enjoying it win loose or draw,again a very difficult concept for some,

Ok so the scenario in Mike's Totnes utopia is either he's hit the scrumpy early or he ran out of scrumpy last night and is on a huge come down so has sniffed every bottle in his garage.

So Mike is there any basis for your confidence for this season with the same team as last season? Did you keep off the pitch last season for fear of missing out on a new striker? And although you are totally against money in principal, when you venture out to Plymouth, surely they don't accept your offer of cutting the landlords grass in exchange for a flagon of cider like you get in Totnes, and then at the turnstiles I doubt they accept a brace of pheasant poached that very morning from squire Brents top field.

Once you have bartered you way into your seat it must be a club owners paradise seeing you in the ground. Argyle score yay. Argyle concede yay. Boring goalless draw yay. Back to Totnes for a hog roast.[/quote)no basis jock,its like when you cross the road,i might get run over by a horse but then again i might not,still cross the road though,iam not able to barter my way in to HP as yet (that will come),and again its about the day,if its a hour and a half of shite so be it ,i dont realy notice half the time,i dont realy understand what some of you get out of being argo fans,?whats with all the anger?why bother?,if thats what it dose for ya,stress is a killer you know and that is a fact,,,,,,,,and any way jock barting ,,,,,,it works for me in all kinds of ways,makes life a lot less complicated,ive even got sex for turning over a veggie patch ,now you gata be happy with that,allthough a bit dissapointed with the breakfast,(lentols!!!!!!!!!why ?)ive had sofas,a car,a trip to spain,cider,and the list goes on,so i would recomend it ,,,,,,,so jock ,what have you got that you dont want and we will see what we can do for you,(no sex though)
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:24 pm

[quote="Greenjock"]
tcm wrote:

Once you have bartered you way into your seat it must be a club owners paradise seeing you in the ground. Argyle score yay. Argyle concede yay. Boring goalless draw yay. Back to Totnes for a hog roast.[/quote)no basis jock,its like when you cross the road,i might get run over by a horse but then again i might not,still cross the road though,iam not able to barter my way in to HP as yet (that will come),and again its about the day,if its a hour and a half of shite so be it ,i dont realy notice half the time,i dont realy understand what some of you get out of being argo fans,?whats with all the anger?why bother?,if thats what it dose for ya,stress is a killer you know and that is a fact,,,,,,,,and any way jock barting ,,,,,,it works for me in all kinds of ways,makes life a lot less complicated,ive even got sex for turning over a veggie patch ,now you gata be happy with that,allthough a bit dissapointed with the breakfast,(lentols!!!!!!!!!why ?)ive had sofas,a car,a trip to spain,cider,and the list goes on,so i would recomend it ,,,,,,,so jock ,what have you got that you dont want and we will see what we can do for you,(no sex though)
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:25 pm

[quote="Greenjock"]
tcm wrote:

Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:28 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Sneinton Green wrote:

Which is fine until you need to get into the game and unless Jim on the turnstile is a poaching buddy, you're not going to be able to get to your seat and then refuse to pay.

Mike really is one of the "Just glad to still have a club brigade". If you have no expectations, you can't be disappointed eh Mike? Just a day out on the lash, so doesn't matter if it's Manchester City, York City or Truro City you're watching. If anything playing Truro City is better for you so it takes less time to queue up and you don't have to hand over so many carrots to get in.

it was only five carrotts a truro last ime i went,worth every carrott though
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:30 pm

and and sorry gob,,,,,,,,,,,,,do you still go to HP on match days,as in do you contribute to brent as i do ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 12:39 pm

That was scary enough reading it the first time Mike Shocked

Ok so know we know that you don't really care about the standard of football on offer, and that you will do gardening jobs for sex with hippy women, then you are not the average Argyle fan, unless the whole of Totnes walk around with a condom in one pocket and a pair of secateurs in the other and all of them pissed on farmyard scrumpy drunken.

It sounds like you have an idyllic lifestyle and are not trapped by the strains of the greedy consumer driven world most of us are stuck in, and immune from the disappointment of the last few years in Argyle world.

I would venture that you are in the minority in this lifestyle though and so most of what we talk about doesn't apply to you.

If I ever need any gardening done Mike, I'll don my best dress and make-up and give you a shout.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:05 pm

I actually have no problem with the suggestion that the more money we spend at the turnstiles the more money there is to spend on the team. Isn't that obvious and totally non-contentious? No owner of any club will dismiss income from bigger crowds from the equation!

Mr Brent has always said that his aim was to make the club self-supporting. Money on the turnstiles is one way to achieve this. Advertising is another.

I do have a problem with people who seem to want a fairy godmother to come along and put shed-loads of money into our club. I stopped believing in fairy-stories a long time ago.

I do have a problem with people who say we should 'bend the rules' (substitute 'cheat') and then rightly complain about politicians, banks and other companies who have done the same. You can't have it both ways.

Mr Brent made a big thing about his intention to run the club with - and I quote - "integrity, honesty & financial stability". If he achieves this in today's game I think we should all be grateful and admiring of the bloke.

I do have an increasing problem with:
his apparent haste to make money from his purchase of the club (viz 'buying' the land to develop his pension fund vision) contrasted against his limited investment;
his so far ungenerous and exploitative offer to the Trust of £400,000 to buy a small part of the club (with no seat on the board) contrasted with his avowed intent to put the fan at the centre of the club;
his so far apparent 'inability' to find other people to add to the board with further investment;
his espousal of PASB at the apparent expense of the Trust (he apparently has stepped back from its setting up - I think this is eminently a good thing. Who would want the owner playing a more central role in such a body? He would rightly get substantial stick if he was more involved. The fact that it has so far been a fiasco of epic proportions should not be laid at his door);
businesses usually invest in order to accumulate. If the owner doesn't do that then punters won't come through the turnstiles and advertising won't come in. I see little evidence that the current owner is actually investing where this will ultimately be achieved - on the team!

In my view, it remains early days to make a full judgement of the current stewardship of our club. There are good things that have been said. He has delivered lots on what he promised. The final judgement can only be made some way down the road - sad but true. He has owned the club for less than a year and we are coming out of an almost terminal situation. I am getting more worried though.

I hate cheese & onion. I'm a salt&vinegar man myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:13 pm

You ought to go to the next senior greens meeting with all your increasing problems.James Brent is the guest speaker.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:14 pm

oddball wrote:
You ought to go to the next senior greens meeting with all your increasing problems.James Brent is the guest speaker.

I may be 60 now but I'm not yet old enough to be Senior Green. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:43 pm

I agree with most of Knecht's post, but the problem I have with this buy more memberships and I'll increase the budget for a promotion push is that Chris Webb stated last season something along the lines of stay off the pitch if you want a new striker, and yet earlier this month he had already stated that Fletcher had the budget for a promotion push.

Fletcher has spent the "competetive budget" on re-signing the same team that were god awful last season, and now Argyle fans have to stump up the cash for a striker now, on the eve of our first pre-season friendly. This should have been the priority all along. It's not as if scoring goals wasn't an issue last season, yet the very same players who couldn't find the net last season were the first ones Fletcher spent the budget on. Now a striker is an expensive treat that Brent himself won't be putting his hand in his pocket for, even though his business empire is doing very nicely thank you out of his purchase of the club.

The messages coming from the owner and manager don't match either. Fletcher says he is missing out on targets because of the budget, Brent says he has the funds already. If Fletcher has tied it all up in the dross of last season then he's an idiot.

Anyone with a brain cell could see we needed attacking options first and foremost. So we've taken a punt on someone from 2 leagues below Division 4, not even the BSP, so that is hardly guaranteed to get results, when an attacking midfielder and goalscorer should have been signed and with whatever was left, then re-sign the Robbie Williams et al. The kids we already had on the books wouldn't do much worse with the backbone of the side we already had, plus the attacking midfielder and striker he should've signed first.

Also Brent's statement that Fletch has a "competetive budget" was made long before Waltons departure, so with those wages freed up he should have an outstanding budget, yet still no striker unless x amount of people go and buy a green membership!

It doesn't add up, and unless the manager and owner start singing from the same hymnsheet, I don't see how we are going forward.

In June I posted oddschecker prices for Argyle to win the league, and 25-1 was availble at a couple of bookies, but the general price was around 16-1. At the time some people quite rightly were expecting a few signings and thought it best to back Argyle now, as their odds would tumble as the big signings were announced. Now on Oddschecker, 25-1 is the general price for Argyle, and you can actually get 28-1 with Betfair, although you have to pay 5% commission with them, and bookies very very rarely get it wrong. Coincidentally Argyle are only 14-1 to get relegated, so the bookies think that more likely now!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Greenjock on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:43 pm

In fairness I don't really care about making the match day experience better, there are currently renovations going on at HP both to the pitch, and to the concourses. The people of Plymouth have proved time and time again that we can't even get 15 000 people when tickets are free, so surely logic would suggest it is better to spend all the money on the playing side of things, because people DO pay to see a successful side winning football matches.

Sounds simple to me, and I am sure you agree, lets save making the match day experience better for when we have a new stand and we are a league higher.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Buy a Season Ticket or no new players says Harry

"So, as we start the second part of the membership drive, I can say to the fans that the more money we get through sales will go directly to helping Carl improve the quality of football on the pitch, and us improving the experience at Home Park for the supporters on match-days.

"It's what I would call a virtuous circle in that the better funded we are by our membership scheme, the more likely we are to succeed.

if you cut out all the bullshit, what has actually been said is:

"If you want a better team, you can pay for it 'cos I'm not!"

How I long for the good old days when a new Chairman (like Dan) would take over and pump his own money into the club!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:26 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Buy a Season Ticket or no new players says Harry

"So, as we start the second part of the membership drive, I can say to the fans that the more money we get through sales will go directly to helping Carl improve the quality of football on the pitch, and us improving the experience at Home Park for the supporters on match-days.

"It's what I would call a virtuous circle in that the better funded we are by our membership scheme, the more likely we are to succeed.

if you cut out all the bullshit, what has actually been said is:

"If you want a better team, you can pay for it 'cos I'm not!"

How I long for the good old days when a new Chairman (like Dan) would take over and pump his own money into the club!

And thats a very valid point Grovey.

But, it was not the basis that Brent came to the club and he said so from the outset.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:32 pm

I suppose it's becoming apparent how little wriggle room there is in Brent's honourable intentions.

I also queer how he said he doesn't need the Trusts money surely it would help a bit if he doesn't want to personally (aside the fact he's already snapped the hands off two directors who put their hands in their pocket)
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:42 pm

As greenjock alludes, in order to initially sell season tickets the 'we've got a competitive budget' line was spun. Obviously nobody told CF who mentioned his failure to get targets (against rivals- but not sure whether divisional, regional etc). Harry then announced we have a budget for a side capable of promotion and this appeared to oppose CF's comments.

We give away Walton, whose wages would, I guess, cover 2 decent League 2 players (if not more).

Now Harry is saying that more STs need to be sold in order to sign more players, but if we already had a budget for a promotion challenging side and minus Walton shouldn't the funds already be in place?

Harry's statements are conflicting and yesterday's PR own goal does not help in selling more ST's. It is a chicken and egg situation, but fans have been pumping money into a declining club for the last 3 - 4 years and that hasn't been reciprocated in decent signings and performances.

In my opinion the admin/ ridsdale period allowed fans the decision to give up their ST's because of the direction of the club. Many who followed that option last season are probably relieved that they could pick and choose games and thus the club needs to pull out all the stops to regain their interest- so far the PR has been terrible and many will keep on waiting. The club need to sign at least 2 decent players (even if its loans) and maybe that will attract the floaters back. Unfortunately the club needs to act first, and Harry can't really blame the fans after his early pre-season statements about promotion challenging budgets.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:48 pm

I suspect that some of the problem might be in the 'membership' figures that have been quoted. It's begining to look like full season tickets which are the only ones with much value in the scheme of things right now are not up to scratch.

4000 plus memberships if they were full season tickets would be good enough for any club and the envy of many.

p.s the "very readable and encouraging James Brent interview" has only just been linked on Paosti.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 3:59 pm

\"This is a big club and we will provide the financial support that it needs to get it back to the level at which it should perform\". James Brent,on takeover of the club.

Whatever Rolling Eyes

Same old. He thought he could get away with it by handing out silly hats to those he presumed were representative of the fanbase. Think again Harry, your boys are taking one hell of a beating.......................... as predicted Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 4:07 pm

It would appear that the "competitive budget" wasn't a "competitive budget" as it didn't allow room for Argyle to sign a decent striker or two to allow the club to compete on an equal footing with all the other clubs in this division.Possibly whoever worked out the budget forecasts got it wrong somewhere along the line,although with anticipated crowds of 6000-7000 this season and over 4000 memberships in the bag already it seems remarkable that we are unable to compete and still need to sell even more memberships if we are able to sign this elusive striker to wear the number 10 shirt.Now I may be completely wrong but that is my take on things after reading the article.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buy a Season Ticket   Buy a Season Ticket - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Buy a Season Ticket
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next