Mock Cuncher
Charlie Wood
Tringreen
Old Timer
Freathy
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Season Ticket in the Conference? Empty
PostSubject: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:46 am

Who would carry on going? Who would buy a ST?

I would expect and hope for prices to be slashed in half, if not more.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:49 am

I couldn't afford this year's ST, but still bought one. If we're relegated, and if my financial situation hasn't improved, I definitely wouldn't get one. Just go to selected matches and pay on the day.

Which would feel really sad, like the end of a love affair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:52 am

I'm away from Plymouth every other weekend and when I'm home it's not always easy to attend owing to other commitments, but if I could attend on a regular basis I probably would buy a season ticket as long I was convinced that the owners had their heart in the right place. Ask me again on Tuesday after the January transfer window closes!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:53 am

Conference ST??? Not on your f****ing nelly!
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:58 am

May get one but not if Carl Fletcher is still the manager.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:02 am

I would have gone to HP and followed a reborn club owned by the fans trying to claw it's way back up through the non league.
I won't turn up to HP to support a rich banker owning Argyle in the Conference ... while his main interest in building hotels.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:11 am

penzancepirate wrote:
I would have gone to HP and followed a reborn club owned by the fans trying to claw it's way back up through the non league.
I won't turn up to HP to support a rich banker owning Argyle in the Conference ... while his main interest in building hotels.

Exactly how I feel PP. Trouble is, a reborn club would almost certainly be in the hands of the local Avivas currently waving flags, signed shirts and no doubt parading giant pasties round the ground when we draw a big club like Exeter in the cup ! Rolling Eyes jocolor
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:13 am

No, I didn't get one this year because of the Riddlers presence and what a liberating experience it's proved to be. The decision whether to go now is totally mine and not influenced by being a tight git and having to go because I'd paid for it. The next ST will be when there's some glory to be seeked.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:15 am

I'd seriously have to re-consider following a football team at all.

It is hard enough as an exile following Argyle, confused looks from anyone who asks, lack of knowledge about any of our players (I wouldn't even be able to tell you what colour skin Jake Cole has), financial (screw the replica shirt, screw travelling long distances to games to watch Conference football) and time constraints (how much of my time do I waste on here?).

After the last 4 years we've had, I just want a break.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:23 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I'd seriously have to re-consider following a football team at all.

It is hard enough as an exile following Argyle, confused looks from anyone who asks, lack of knowledge about any of our players (I wouldn't even be able to tell you what colour skin Jake Cole has), financial (screw the replica shirt, screw travelling long distances to games to watch Conference football) and time constraints (how much of my time do I waste on here?).

After the last 4 years we've had, I just want a break.

Ha ha ! This is the worst it has ever been MC but whether you like it or not, it is a fatal addiction. It's with you for life. You just have to learn to control it, so it doesn't hurt too much.
If you're an Aviva, where there's no sense, there's no feeling, you simply enjoy the ride ! Geddon yuh Janner !

I view the pics on GOS and it's increasingly becoming a repetitive freak show. Right Big Dave ? Right burrrrd ?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:24 am

I'd seriously struggle to raise enough interest to tune into Sparksy in the conference. And even more unbearable would be comments from Avivas after a loss saying "But Ebsfleet are mid-table! Given our current position we can't expect to go to places that like and get a result" "We will stay up!" jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
a39er

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:33 pm

If I was staying, then yes. To be honest, I'd find non-league football quite a laugh. The way the game in general has gone since 1992, being a football fan just makes me feel dirty. The best times I've had at football this year were at Stranraer for a Scottish League III game v Alloa and Bodmin in the cup tie against Godalming. As it is, we'll try and get down three or four times a season, take in the northern away trips, whether its Gateshead or Morecambe and explore the Scottish options...
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Freathy wrote:
I'd seriously struggle to raise enough interest to tune into Sparksy in the conference. And even more unbearable would be comments from Avivas after a loss saying "But Ebsfleet are mid-table! Given our current position we can't expect to go to places that like and get a result" "We will stay up!" jocolor jocolor

Would the BBC have the rights to the Conference?

No season ticket for me, Not only for the football but CW and his side kick as a big part in it for me to fine other things to do. As a old union rep you follow the will of the workers not force it on them. Trying to be the mouthpiece of management on one day and the workers of the Post Office another. Who pays his expensive? The union, Argyle or Post Office.

Last edited by Tgwu on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:04 pm

This really pains me to say,but if argyle are in the footballing equvillant of a black hole-the conference,I will be travelling down less from Newton Abbot.Watched Torquay for a couple of seasons in the blue Square,at best there are 5 or 6 quality teams the rest are pretty shit.Coming down watching Stockport on a rainy night with 20 or 30 away supporters does not appeal particularly if the Gulls are in league 1.I'm Argyle through and through but my loyalty will be severely tested if it's non league fare.unfortunately as the games remaining dwindle the above scenario looks more of a realty.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 7:56 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
No, I didn't get one this year because of the Riddlers presence and what a liberating experience it's proved to be. The decision whether to go now is totally mine and not influenced by being a tight git and having to go because I'd paid for it. The next ST will be when there's some glory to be seeked.

Exactly the same for me, I'd had one for 11 seasons up to this. I toyed with the idea of getting the half season ticket, but totally inept performances from the management and team persuaded me otherwise. There were some (thinking about it it, it may have been a lot of) games (in the last 3 years) where I'd rather have been somewhere else than freezing my bollocks off, watching dire football at Home Park.

I get the feeling that no-one will be signed today- maybe I should be listening to Saint James on Sparksy!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 6:29 pm

Two new signings-I will be there on Saturday (no doubt freezing my bollocks off).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 pm

God forbid anyone should give some of you a puppy for Christmas.......... Yes I would buy one for me and one for my son who I have forced to endure Argyle since he was 6. No ifs or buts just call me Aviva and I look forward to the giant pasty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season Ticket in the Conference?   Season Ticket in the Conference? Empty

Back to top Go down

Season Ticket in the Conference?
Page 1 of 1