The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SEASON TICKET NEWS

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

SEASON TICKET NEWS Empty
PostSubject: SEASON TICKET NEWS   SEASON TICKET NEWS EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 12:55 pm

Plymouth Argyle 2021/22 season tickets will go on sale in early May, later than usual, chief executive officer Andrew Parkinson has confirmed.

Parkinson has also stated he is hopeful of at least ‘near enough full crowds’ at Home Park when the campaign gets under way in August.

He made both comments during a virtual fans’ forum which was broadcast on Argyle’s Youtube channel.

The club sold around 5,000 season tickets for the current campaign last summer despite all the uncertainty over attending games caused by the Covid-19 pandemic.

Despite two opportunities for fans to claim refunds, around 97 per cent did not request that.

Argyle officials have stated how important that has been to the club being able to cope with the worst of the financial crisis caused by playing behind closed doors this season.

The Pilgrims had three games at Home Park in December in front of restricted crowds of around 2,000.

All their other matches at the Theatre of Greens have been played without any fans, though.

A timetable for a return of fans to football grounds is not not clear so Argyle are delaying making 2021/22 season tickets available for purchase to see how the situation develops.

Parkinson said: “It’s going to be early May when we will go on sale for season tickets so not too long to go.”

He added: “Undoubtedly we need fans back and, in terms of that, I think we can all see that there is going to be some sort of test events in May.

“We are all very hopeful that will lead to crowds being in place. I think we will have to do a couple of test events ahead of a new season, so perhaps the pre-season games.

Taking from local media
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

SEASON TICKET NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON TICKET NEWS   SEASON TICKET NEWS EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 2:32 pm

Quite amazing that 97% didnt request a refund previously
Well done to all concerned
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

SEASON TICKET NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON TICKET NEWS   SEASON TICKET NEWS EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 3:14 pm

So, given that 97% of 5000 had paid for match day tickets, I'd be interested to know where the oft quotes "70% of match day income lost" figure comes from.

Even if an optimistic 10,000 average attendance was budgeted for, is the club suggesting that they take £50,000 on food, drinks and programmes at every home match?

In fact, having 5000 paying fans per match with seriously reduced match day costs, plus i-player income, I suspect Argyle were one of the clubs least affected by the fan ban.

Not accusing them of lying, but certainly manipulating the facts.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

SEASON TICKET NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON TICKET NEWS   SEASON TICKET NEWS EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 3:43 pm

Without using data anylitics well never know Groovy.
Back to top Go down

SEASON TICKET NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON TICKET NEWS   SEASON TICKET NEWS EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 5:51 pm

Grovehill wrote:
So, given that 97% of 5000 had paid for match day tickets, I'd be interested to know where the oft quotes "70% of match day income lost" figure comes from.

Even if an optimistic 10,000 average attendance was budgeted for, is the club suggesting that they take £50,000 on food, drinks and programmes at every home match?

In fact, having 5000 paying fans per match with  seriously reduced match day costs, plus i-player income, I suspect Argyle were one of the clubs least affected by the fan ban.

Not accusing them of lying, but certainly manipulating the facts.  

Not knowing any income figures whatsoever I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility, with the balance of the 10 k average being 5k that’s already 50% loss, which could be more as the 5k who POTD pay a higher ticket rate, not sure about Ifollow income as the ST holders get access for “free” so  does the club fund that access ? With the food, shop and programmes non sales i can see it’ll be around that %age
Back to top Go down

SEASON TICKET NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON TICKET NEWS   SEASON TICKET NEWS EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 7:40 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

im sure it would have been a tad lower had the goons not run a chris web like campaign shaming those who asked for refunds online.
Back to top Go down

SEASON TICKET NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON TICKET NEWS   SEASON TICKET NEWS EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 7:44 pm

Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

im sure it would have been a tad lower had the goons not run a chris web like campaign shaming those who asked for refunds online.

No matter what the club may or may not have said, there was never any chance i was asking for a refund and all fellow holders that I know where of the same mind.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

SEASON TICKET NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON TICKET NEWS   SEASON TICKET NEWS EmptyThu Mar 25, 2021 8:26 pm

Your sacrifices will not be forgotten, well not until August anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SEASON TICKET NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: SEASON TICKET NEWS   SEASON TICKET NEWS Empty

Back to top Go down

SEASON TICKET NEWS
Page 1 of 1