Tringreen
Mr President
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
JonB

JonB

Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 5:53 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
seadog wrote:
Perhaps that shot across TC's bows via the phone call was enough to warn him off here.

It seems that way. "Bin the freaks and get the backing of the super fans!".

I'm standing on a joint Pasoti & ATD-based campaign.

"Freaks & Geeks R Us" is my strap line.

Vote for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:01 pm

JonB wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:
seadog wrote:
Perhaps that shot across TC's bows via the phone call was enough to warn him off here.

It seems that way. "Bin the freaks and get the backing of the super fans!".

I'm standing on a joint Pasoti & ATD-based campaign.

"Freaks & Geeks R Us" is my strap line.

Vote for me.

I must protest, I thought there was no electioneering allowed.... affraid

This is typical of JonB coming on here, bending rules, creating divisions, who needs someone to appeal to ATD and Pasoti, its disgusting.

Besides, I can't be arsed to electioneer or provide a bon mot m'self...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:14 pm

It speaks volumes that Tony is the only candidate to actually state something at all.

JonB might have done but I've missed it if he has.

I wouldn't stand for it as I don't agree with it. If I felt that way inclined - I might do one day once my family is grown up and I have more spare time - I'd look to get involved with the Trust.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Thing is there is nothing to say. Watch out for nominees listing their areas of expertise. Only test is whether any of them spotted signs of Argyles financial meltdown.

Vote for None of the Above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:53 pm

I did challenge Chris Webb on this and said that 1,000 would be quite a low turnout. I'd be surprised, given none of the candidates can be bothered, to see more than 500 people voting.

Perhaps that's the plan - canvass votes amongst the usual pasoti suspects over PM, keep it all hush, hush and the 'right people' get in - then it's drinks in the boardroom and "dining at the top table" as someone once put it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:41 pm

shonbo wrote:
I'd vote for Hairy J
a) If he was standing
b) If I wasn't disenfranchised

Damn, I'd have got one vote. That would possibly be enough to get on the PASB at this rate Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 1:06 pm

Tony Cholwell this morning on the PASB elections.

"I appreciate that this will necessitate some publicity, but I won't however, be participating in an X-Factor stylee election campaign"

Now Tony has decided to temporarily stop posting on ATD following the disclosing of Newell's allegation that he was the PI hired by Lee Jameson to track me down, still don't know what for, yet is quite happy to keep Newell's company at the Yeovil game and continue posting on Newell's mouthpiece Pasoti.

This could almost be construed as a deal had been struck between Newell and Tony, where Tony stops posting on here and says nothing about being named, in exchange for Newell throwing his weight behind Tony's PASB campaign, forgive the pun.

Why else would Tony give up posting on a site where he has had some great debate recently and was making progress with winning over some people who may well have voted for him, and carry on hanging out with Newell and his gang over on Pasoti, where the stick he used to get for not supporting The Trust seems to have ended suddenly?

And as for Mr President joining in on there again but conveniently still not getting back to me with my enquiry, well thanks Mr President, I can see that you definitely only the Club President for certain fans.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm

Interestingly he also chooses to say 1000 votes would represent 30% of the membership totally missing the point that the Gasboard was set up to 'better' represent the 20,000 Argyle stakeholders.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 1:17 pm

Jock,

The X Factor comment was mine.....

I've also responded to TC's criticism of my stance on the above thread, in addition to reiterating my belief that the boundaries between the Trust & the PASB shouldn't be blurred further (which is what I am certain a popularity contest will bring about).
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:11 pm

I think TC ought to be asked the question why he has temporarily walked away from ATD (after no abuse and it seems due to being asked about statements made by his friend IJN). Disappointingly it shows a weakness of character and not really someone who should represent the fan base.

Similarly the London Branch should be contacted regarding the allegations made against its chairman (?), Lee Jameson, from IJN. Jock has said Lee has not responded to the allegations and if they are true, again the person shouldn't be a fans' representative.

The club should also be made aware of the allegations made by IJN to Saltash Green and Frank Bullitt.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:

The club should also be made aware of the allegations made by IJN to Saltash Green and Frank Bullitt.

ATD had a chance to make "the club" aware about IJN at the ATD Q & A but totally bottled it as far as I can make out. Although I can't make out that much as Andy Symons and Cowdery never did the write up they promised us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:59 pm

James Brent's first comment at that meeting was that he was not going discuss any matters regarding the argyle internet football forums.He made that quite clear right from the off.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:20 pm

oddball wrote:
James Brent's first comment at that meeting was that he was not going discuss any matters regarding the argyle internet football forums.He made that quite clear right from the off.

And everyone just tugged their forelock and said, "Ok Boss."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:48 pm

JonB wrote:
Jock,

The X Factor comment was mine.....

I've also responded to TC's criticism of my stance on the above thread, in addition to reiterating my belief that the boundaries between the Trust & the PASB shouldn't be blurred further (which is what I am certain a popularity contest will bring about).

Sorry Jon. I've re-read the thread now and can see the bits where Tony is whoring himself out on Pasoti and I apologise that I attributed your comments to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:59 pm

Rickler wrote:
oddball wrote:

It would have been a waste of time because Brent openly adores Newell and Webb, and it seems they have free reign to do and say as they wish. Jameson is another and like CA says, Tony Hooper should be quizzed on recent events and if he wishes to take the 5th, then I hope potential votes are lost because it is all rather strange.

Likewise Jameson. If he is representing Argyle fans in any context at all, then he should be made to confirm or deny whether he hired or asked a Private Investigator to track me dwon. If he confirms it then I for one would be very interested to know what he wanted the information for.

If they both deny Newells allegations then that should be broadcast all over Pasoti that their spiritual leader, not content with the various nefarious activities of the past, is now besmirching fellow Argyle fans to harm a candidate in the PASB elections.

Maybe someone who has a Pasoti account could ask these questions of Tony Cholwell and Chris Webb on the PASB section, and if it gets removed then there will be the proof that certain people in the Argyle fraternity can do and say as they please with the blessing of James Brent.

Right now Mr Brent and Mr Jones, I'm not really getting the customer service I feel I should be, can't purchase Player as I've done for years, having threats made against my family from fellow Argyle fans who are being protected, and having Private Investigators hired by so called Superfans, friends of the Club President.

Oh and Chris, don't ever text or PM me again asking me not to be so hard on you on here. You read this site dilligently and know all of the details of my gripe, but despite you saying 10 days ago you would speak to Newell and get back to me, you can't be fecked or he is too big for even the President to touch. Same with your other great mate Jameson.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:16 pm

Would be interesting to hear what the nominees have to say about the unique first in football positioning of the family area? Moreover how they would have dealt with such a proposal if it was put before them as idea? Speak out, roll over or propose an alternative?

Also love to know how the supporter groups would represent the views of their members?

Then there is the knotty problem of what the main Argyle board would do if the GasBoard opinion was manifestly against the proposal.

Then again as The President has said very few people are interested in club politics which begs the question - what's the point?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:45 pm

So my constant hounding of the Pasoti control group and certain individuals for their nefarious activities, is ok again now ?

Just think, had the result of the first election been different, all mention of Pasoti and the puppets/poodles etc would probably have been banned by now and we'd all be joining in with pointless dribble, led by boring bloke n merv ffs ! [sorry girls]

Love, the broken record. lol!

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:50 pm

No it wouldn't Tringy because there are enough people on here with our own minds.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Greenjock wrote:
No it wouldn't Tringy because there are enough people on here with our own minds.

Well, I can imagine some members being as bored of your constant griping as you were of my battle with Cerbs.

Go to the frikkin police ffs !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 7:07 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

Well, I can imagine some members being as bored of your constant griping as you were of my battle with Cerbs.

Go to the frikkin police ffs !

Ooh touched a nerve. You can imagine Tring, but that's all it is.

You just want to tar everyone with this same brush and it isn't the case. You thought a couple of people were too liberal, fair enough, but it wasn't the whole site and you know it Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Two things:-

i) Speculating about the size of the voting constituency and the percentage that turn out to vote is pointless.

National and local elections are routinely decided with turnouts below 50%, with the winners generally getting no more than 40-45% of that subset of the electorate. Why should the PASB be any different?

ii) Any candidate that engages in negative campaigning, or seeks to criticise another candidate on a personal basis, will not see my X in their box.

I've long since warned about the retrograde effects of the personalisation of debate on these forums - the PASB process deserves better, and so does the club, the fans and the community it seeks to represent.

I'd hope that others would agree with me and also adhere to that principle.

Campaign on issues, not personalities.

End.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:46 pm

I usually agree with much of what you say John not so much here. The size of the vote is important to give it any sense of legitimacy not least because of JBs avowed intent that the GasBoard has been set up to be more representative than the Trust.

Also the GasBoard will have a hard job moving away from personalities. The goings on have made personalities front and centre. TC has already absented himself from here which says alot about his personality. His subtle negative campaigning against Trust sponsored nominees - puppets and waifs and strays - is just as destructive as more blatant attacks.

As for your last statement there are no issues to campaign on. Pasty choice, toilets and ticket prices are simple matters at the end of the day and easy for the Board to understand just by looking at your end of season survey.

We also have individuals who have the ear of Brent. I wonder what would happen if the GasBoard suggested the President was purely ceremonial and to leave things to the court of public opinion. The family area which the President can't see the slightest issue with being a case in point. How is that dynamic going to work if the GasBoard advised it was a dumb idea. Who would Brent listen to and how would he convey his decision making process.

And after all the GasBoard is the bastard of the Trust legitimised only at the whim of the present owner.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Cracking post dougie
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:56 pm

Says it all Dougie! cheers

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 11:01 pm

Rickler wrote:
oddball wrote:

I did try to raise the issue in a quiet half time chat over the sarnies, the reply I received was I'm not interested in internet squabbles but Ian and Chris are my good friends. I think I probably replied with a polite hmm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Supporters Board Election Update
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next