mouldyoldgoat
Dougie
Tringreen
Mr President
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I think there would be a fair bit of arm twisting behind the scenes to make sure at least a few people bother casting a vote.

Then at least it wouldn't be quite so embarrassing, but do the number of votes have to be revealed, or could the winning candidates be named and their share of the vote?

If Harry's true to his 'openness, transparency' mantra, then I don't see how he can get away with not revealing them.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:02 pm

Supporters group met at Home Park today to work out the carve up. Everyones talking about it #pasb

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Or maybe not.

Anyone heard anything?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:44 pm

In Campain News (going for a) Number Two we have the price of pasties and the need to get a decent training ground. Good job they are forming a GasBoard else no one would have thought of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:47 pm

Dougie wrote:
In Campain News (going for a) Number Two we have the price of pasties and the need to get a decent training ground. Good job they are forming a GasBoard else no one would have thought of that.

I read that, open mouthed. Apparently Tony seems to think that Britain's Universities are awash with cash to spend on sports training facilities. I wonder if any Atd posters who are actually involved in the Higher Education sector would care to offer their views?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:04 pm

He's a Brenter and no mistake ie get anyone else but the club to pay for things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:17 pm

I see the slimeball Jameson has popped his head up to declare his support for Miles Bidgood. I'm sure Miles is elated that such an esteemed person as Lee Jameson is onboard. I wonder if Lee took this decision by himself or if he had to ask permission from the two people he said he was sick of, as they kept telling him to shut up and calling him a drama queen.

What say you Chris? Was Lee allowed to make up his own mind who his casts his vote for, or do you and Ian make those decisions for him as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:27 pm

To be fair, Jock, I've just read Miles' statement on pasoti and it's more forward-looking, thoughtful and innovative than anything Tony or Jon has managed to come up with. Plus, Mr Bidgood clearly is a strong supporter of the Trust. He's certainly managed to put more good (realistic) ideas into one brief statement on pasoti than I've seen from the other candidates combined.

Although the fact that Jameson seem such an enthusiatic supporter of his is enough to give me pause for thought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Dougie wrote:

I read that, open mouthed. Apparently Tony seems to think that Britain's Universities are awash with cash to spend on sports training facilities. I wonder if any Atd posters who are actually involved in the Higher Education sector would care to offer their views?

Hi Andy and Dougie.

I remember Harpers Park opening at a time 2 grass pitches was considered by Argyle to be cutting edge, we have barely moved on the the intervening 40 years and in my opinion, we need to.

In CN2 I was using the example of Swansea Univesity who are investing £20million into facilities which Swansea City will use, including 8 training pitches plus 2 all weather pitches medical facilities and the like. I would'nt say that is awash, but pretty handy wouldn't you agree.

I am also reminded that about a third of the British olympic team also train at the fantastic sporting, and medical facilities provided at Bath Uniiversity not to mention those who train at Loughborough.

And even Friday night at Weston chatting to a Director who told be that Weston College fund their Academy and it cost them nothing.

Last year Argyle announced a tie in at MarJon, it is where Argyle eare training now I believe, it is hopefully a relationship I hope will flourish and grow.

So yes, there are good examples of higher education and football and sport generally working together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:46 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
To be fair, Jock, I've just read Miles' statement on pasoti and it's more forward-looking, thoughtful and innovative than anything Tony or Jon has managed to come up with. Plus, Mr Bidgood clearly is a strong supporter of the Trust. He's certainly managed to put more good (realistic) ideas into one brief statement on pasoti than I've seen from the other candidates combined.

Although the fact that Jameson seem such an enthusiatic supporter of his is enough to give me pause for thought.

I thought so to Andy. Very good statement he has released, and as far as I know he has not be tainted with association to any of the main perpetrators of mischief we know about, along with Jon B on that, but unfortunately having Lee Jameson throw his support behind Miles may well be a hinderance, if this thing ever actually gets off the ground that is Sleep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 2:52 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Hi Andy and Dougie.

I remember Harpers Park opening at a time 2 grass pitches was considered by Argyle to be cutting edge, we have barely moved on the the intervening 40 years and in my opinion, we need to.

In CN2 I was using the example of Swansea Univesity who are investing £20million into facilities which Swansea City will use, including 8 training pitches plus 2 all weather pitches medical facilities and the like. I would'nt say that is awash, but pretty handy wouldn't you agree.

I am also reminded that about a third of the British olympic team also train at the fantastic sporting, and medical facilities provided at Bath Uniiversity not to mention those who train at Loughborough.

And even Friday night at Weston chatting to a Director who told be that Weston College fund their Academy and it cost them nothing.

Last year Argyle announced a tie in at MarJon, it is where Argyle eare training now I believe, it is hopefully a relationship I hope will flourish and grow.

So yes, there are good examples of higher education and football and sport generally working together.

Tony, are you indicating that you are aware of some sort of investment from the Uni or MarJon and if so, where did you gain the information?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:01 pm

GOB wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Hi Andy and Dougie.

Tony, are you indicating that you are aware of some sort of investment from the Uni or MarJon and if so, where did you gain the information?

If any of the local HE institutions has £20 million in their coffers, I would suggest that spending it on training facilities for Argyle should be at the very bottom of their list of priorities; what you've come up with here is the sort of populist hogwash that will no doubt go down very well with those Argyle fans who don't stop and think about any issues that involve the club, but it just doesn't stand up to a moment's scrutiny.

For the record, and for those that are wondering, here's the article in it's entirety:

One final question, Tony. Why is Ian de Lar so enthusiastically plugging your candidature on Vital, to the exclusion of all other candidates? What's in it for him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
GOB wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Hi Andy and Dougie.

If any of the local HE institutions has £20 million in their coffers, I would suggest that spending it on training facilities for Argyle should be at the very bottom of their list of priorities; what you've come up with here is the sort of populist hogwash that will no doubt go down very well with those Argyle fans who don't stop and think about any issues that involve the club, but it just doesn't stand up to a moment's scrutiny.

For the record, and for those that are wondering, here's the article in it's entirety:

One final question, Tony. Why is Ian de Lar so enthusiastically plugging your candidature on Vital, to the exclusion of all other candidates? What's in it for him?

I was wondering that myself scratch As someone so anti-Trust it's a little strange, but then friends of friends and all that.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:23 pm

The main point is no one needs the GasBoard or it's candidates to point out this stuff. Said out an email and the club will get tens of dozens of good ideas. Look at the Trust survey to find out what fans are thinking. In any case I don't believe that James Brent who has been quite adept at sniffing out other people's money wouldn't have any pot of Uni in mind.

Just don't see how they are campaigning issues rather back of a fag packet ideas.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Populist hogwash is about right for a institution that is meant to be more than pasties they've been mentioned more than enough thankyou.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
GOB wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Hi Andy and Dougie.

Gob

I didnt say there is new investment, I clearly said they had a tie in, however, if you read the article MarJon released [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
You will clearly see it is the intention for Argyle to permanently use the facilities there at some unspecified time.

Andy.

You may consider it populist hogwash, but its what Swansea City and Uni are doind, it is a fact. I have not seen any negative press about it.

The deal between MarJon and Argyle will be similarly welcomed Im sure as there are benefits to both.

I met Ian and his wife last Saturday at Dorchester, he had a copy of my "News", Iasked if he would run it on Vital, he said Yes. I did the same this week. No big secret or mystery, just taking an opportunity and asking.

Right, back later, work to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Q"uick reply to Jock

Over half my nominees are Trust members including one member of the Trust Board.

No one says you have to stay in the same tent:)
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:29 pm

Any of your nonimees Deep Throaters or waifs and strays or puppets

Last edited by Dougie on Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:35 pm

tonycholwell wrote:
Q"uick reply to Jock

Over half my nominees are Trust members including one member of the Trust Board.

No one says you have to stay in the same tent:)

Like I said, friends of friends and all that. Anyone with The Trusts best interests at heart are hardly likely to vote for you or nominate you. Anyone with an agenda against The Trust however....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Tony, you're very good at twisting someone's views to suit yourself - like any local politician, I guess. At no point did I say that the Swansea City/Uni tie-up was populist hogwash. I was referring to the contents of your 'Campaign News'.

Kudos to you for trying this approach, but the fact that it's been met with a combination of suspicion, derision and indifference is, I believe, just a reflection of the general view of this whole fiasco.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Actually the only issue right now is the definition of competitive budget - how are the GasBoard members ging to address that. Will they go to JB to ask him to explain with evidence based reply.

(actually the other issue is to get Darren Purse off the mural)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:39 pm

I think Purse gets a slot on the Muriel because his image suits the image Salsa Verde would love to portray.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
GOB wrote:
tonycholwell wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Hi Andy and Dougie.

I have to agree Andy!

Quote :
Where there's a will there is always a way and Universities do appear to have funds right now.

I don't know where you are getting your facts from Tony, but it's total hogwash. MarJon are just about holding their head above the financial water and Plym Uni have been forced to make hundreds of redundancies within the past few weeks and will continue to make more.

If you are basing some sort of manifesto around this, then well.............
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:02 pm

The difference in tone (pardon the pun) if someone is going to campaign about training facilities should be "I'll use my place on the GasBoard to constantly nag/remind him what second rate training facilities Argyle have and constantly nag/remind him to do something about it"
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:05 pm

The direction this election has taken has in many ways met my fears & is why I've consistently said that an election of this sort is completely at odds with what I think the purpose of the PASB should be.

Because people need to be popular to get elected, they need to say things & find potential solutions to problems that don't necessarily exist to appeal to as many people as possible.

Resultantly, many of the PASB candidates wander - ney run - into the territory of the Trust's areas of responsibility; blurring the lines between the two & setting up problems for the future.

I thought long & hard about posting this as I don't want it to look like point-scoring, but whatever your views on the PASB, shouldn't candidates be describing what they think the PASB should actually do & how it will strategically mesh with the rest of the gears within the machinery of Plymouth Argyle (& it's fans) rather than telling the world what their view is on any given tactical &/or peripheral subject?

Or perhaps I've got it wrong.

Press the red button now if you disagree with me, the hundredth entrant wins a four pack of Scrumpy Jack & a Variety Bucket from KFC (normal terms & conditions apply).

Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Certainly with the GASBoard being set up to scrutinise the inner workings of the club, there needs to be from the candidates plenty of examples of how they feel they have the qualities, experience and qualifications necessary to do this. It's my view that, in terms of communication with the fanbase, feedback and so on, that needs to be a collective enterprise - we as supporters need to be able to contact reps as and when necessary, not in a way that an individual Board rep sees fit, but in a way that best suits the needs of the fans.

The problem is, Jon, that individual candidates are free to campaign however they see fit ( and for what it's worth I think you should be making more noise about the liaison work you mentioned that you did with the Home Office in a similar set up. Oh, and keep saying how you'd be happy to Chair the GAS board - that seems to get under the skin of at least one of your opponents) so when Tony posts some of his less well thought out schemes and plans, I think we, as potential voters, are entitled to pick his Campaign News bulletins apart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Supporters Board Election Update
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next