shonbo
JonB
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JonB

JonB

GAS / Supporters Board - a request Empty
PostSubject: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 am

Hi all,

Firstly, I must apologise - this is something of an 'all about me' post & it's in relation to the oft-maligned GAS / Supporters Board.

I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about this initiative & more so, my potential involvement in it, particularly in view of much of the Internet-based commentary that has been published which has been thought-provoking.

I had more-or-less decided to stand back from this Board, having attended every set-up meeting so far but as I sit here on a train en route to a job interview (& yes, I should be preparing), I've come to the conclusion that irrespective of the pros & cons of this development, I think that I could work well if on it.

Having left it so late (& living in Bovey Tracey) I am going to find it near impossible to gain the 20 supportive signatures required so I wondered whether any of you posters on here would be prepared to lend me your names & addresses in support of my application - despite of course your misgivings.

Some of you know me a little, & know that personal integrity is a critical part of who I am so in making this request, I thought it important to say that I have met James Brent on a small number of occasions.  These have been largely through my work but also include an Argyle game a couple of months back.

It would be fair to say that I am impressed by the man that I've met, but equally, that this wouldn't prevent me performing a role on the Board with integrity &, when needed, with robustness.  Indeed, on occasions I perform a similar role on behalf of the Home Office with Police Forces, who I also have a good, close relationship with.

As I said, in asking for support, I know that the above will (& should) be considered by some before any decision is taken.

If any of you are content to lend me our virtual signature, I'd be delighted.  Alternatively if you want to keep away from this Board or indeed, me - I understand.

I'm not entirely sure I'll make tomorrow's deadline in any case, but will post something similar on Pasoti to try & gather the 20 names & addresses I require.

It's going to be tricky for me to keep tabs on this today, but if anyone's happy to pm me their details, I thank you in advance.

I'll try & pop back during breaks in my interview process.

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:16 am

pm sent. Whilst I am suspicious of the PASB, i think if its going to happen, having people like you on it would be a good thing.
GL
Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:40 am

As I've just this morning decided not to run myself, being a fat bastard who can barely walk, and not being able to find 20 people who will certify that I'm sane, I will also offer my signature Jon, for a small fee of course.

My thoughts are pretty much the same as Shonbo's, and although I'm pretty sure that IJN, Wozzer and Lee Jameson were also relying on my support, I have always admired people with incorrectly spelt names.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:43 am

shonbo wrote:
pm sent. Whilst I am suspicious of the PASB, i think if its going to happen, having people like you on it would be a good thing.
GL
Mike

I agree (and PM also sent).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:14 pm

PM sent.

Hope to see you for a beer or two next season. Will try to make sure my dear wife doesn't lock herself in the loo!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Pleased to support you Jon, although I still think the whole venture is misguided, actually I don't think I can as my status as a non membership supporter precludes me...I think, but stand to be corrected and if I can I will.

Other than that, if I get a vote at the turnstiles I'll vote for you.

Best of luck with the interview.
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Thank you to everyone so far - & for the interview best wishes!

I think that around 10 of the 20 have already been provided so enormous thanks.

I'll try & reply to each on the way home from a scorching London later this pm.

Jon
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Not sure if I can help you Jon but happy to give you my support.

Sending pm.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:09 pm

No disrespect Jon, my vote is with anyone who opposes such a wank project.

Good luck though, you'll need it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Well done Jon and welcome to the contest, last I heard there are 8(ish) contesting the 4 general places so should be a good contest.

Looking forward to a robust but honest campaign and hopefully some hustings.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:30 pm

Well done Jon indeed.

How many is 8(ish)? Is it 7(ish) without Jon? 6(ish) without Jon and Mr H? If we lose a couple more, is it 4(ish) or zero(ish)?

The last 2(ish) articles in the herald have provided 4(ish) comments.

Nobody cares about it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Well done Jon indeed.

How many is 8(ish)? Is it 7(ish) without Jon? 6(ish) without Jon and Mr H? If we lose a couple more, is it 4(ish) or zero(ish)?

The last 2(ish) articles in the herald have provided 4(ish) comments.

Nobody cares about it!

8 is 8 but could grow, simple, as those nominations are in the figure wont go down.

Im surprised any one comments in the Herald and people do care about the PASB otherwise they would not stand and the women and youth sections will also attract nominations as will the Supprorters clubs.

Im guessing "Nobody cares about it" is code for you do not. Thats the great thing, theres no compulsion either way.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 12:16 am

You're surprised by any comments in the Herald?. If there were more I'm sure you'd be there, either as yourself or deepthroat, deadly lampshade et al. I did stretch things here and I do accept you'd post as Tonycholwell and not as Tony Hooper (is that your real name even?, not that I care given the importance of this shambolic group).

Quite the opposite, I'm not surprised at the lack of comments in the Herald. Any information that has come out via other channels has needed google translation. It's a farce. You know it, I know, everybody else knows it.

'Nobody cares' was maybe poor wording on my part. Personally, I care enough to oppose it. Others just dont know anything or enough to make a decision. I'm sure that suits a few people though.

Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Just a quickie to thank everyone for their pm's - & Charlie, that was bloody clever.

I will use all of them on the application form.

Apols that I dodn't get back to you yesterday - it was a long day...

Cheers,

Jon
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 4:49 pm

Considering all the publicity and support that's been given to the farce that's the GASBoard, 8ish is a pretty feeble number of nominations whichever way you look at it. Maybe some fans have been put off after the numerous attacks on the Trust board.

James Brent seems to be making great headway in his plans for the development of the car park without the input of this group.

I applaud Tony for his enthusiasm, but like Coxside Green would vote against the formation of the GASBoard if that was an option.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Dingle wrote:
Considering all the publicity and support that's been given to the farce that's the GASBoard, 8ish is a pretty feeble number of nominations whichever way you look at it. Maybe some fans have been put off after the numerous attacks on the Trust board.

James Brent seems to be making great headway in his plans for the development of the car park without the input of this group.

I applaud Tony for his enthusiasm, but like Coxside Green would vote against the formation of the GASBoard if that was an option.

Simple fact is Dingle, Argyle do not own the car park the JB pension fund does, its something that saddens me as Ive said before.

The PASB will happen and engender much interest once it is operational, Im sure.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:16 pm

Dingle wrote:

Those who haven't declared on Pasoti already are missing a trick. Backing from the great and good coming in already. Will be very interesting to see how many of the 20000 stakeholders in Argyle or the 3000 club members or the ??? fan clubs members vote (any news of the fan club intentions yet - shouldn't be hard to reject nominating and go straight to a vote - no credibility whatsoever if they don't)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Mr Brent in the Cherry Tree cabal meeting gave as a reason (possibly the only reason...) for his support for the creation of the GASB that the Trust wasn't democratically representative. I wonder what he will do if the support for the GASB is less than that for the Trust?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:38 pm

knecht wrote:
Mr Brent in the Cherry Tree cabal meeting gave as a reason (possibly the only reason...) for his support for the creation of the GASB that the Trust wasn't democratically representative. I wonder what he will do if the support for the GASB is less than that for the Trust?

He'll do nothing. It's his gift. And he put his best men on the job The Professor and The President and it's what they came up with. It has his full backing. It needs to garner far bigger support than the Trust as it's been promoted by the club, there is no active opt in membership fee and it's been given space to start and breathe without being under sustained negative attacks (how many concerns have been raised about the carve up that is nomination - imagine if the Trust adopted such a procedure)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Jon - I think my views on the GASBoard (as it will ever be known) are well known. However, since we're going to get it whether we like it or not, I'm with those who think we need people like you on it. (It's a bit like having a staff committee imposed by the employer but making sure as many as possible of the members of the staff committee are also union representatives/members).

I have no idea whether, as a non-member, I can nominate you, but if I can and you're short of a name I'll be happy to support you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Any update Jon? I'm assuming that you received my PM on Tuesday?
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:49 pm

To everyone who sent me their details,

I will pm you personally with thanks, but I've just transferred all of your details to my form which (subject to final approval from the Social Secretary at home) I'll bring along to the Trust's agm tonight.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but candidates have had to supply 100 words stating 'why you would like to join the PASB' - I've had trouble being so succinct (it reads a bit too curt) but attach it below for info....

Anyway, genuine thanks to everyone again.... I do understand why many express concerns (at best) re the PASB, but what I would say to you is that this will go ahead - I am sure - & as I've said before, I think it would be better being inside the tent... etc.

I'll take no umbrage or offence to those that disagree!

Jon

"I am life-long fan, father of a young green (who sits with me every game!), season ticket holder, Fan’s Trust member and still occasionally shed a tear of joy when we score…..

I am also a Police Inspector of 23 years’ service and I undertake a similar role to that of the PASB on behalf of the Home Office, scrutinising the way in which police forces meet national standards; recommending sanctions as appropriate.

As a Board member, I will bring a set of skills and attributes suited to the role and will act in a fair, transparent yet robust manner……"
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:49 pm

PS - would this be better off on the Trust Board?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:10 pm

JonB wrote:
To everyone who sent me their details,

I will pm you personally with thanks, but I've just transferred all of your details to my form which (subject to final approval from the Social Secretary at home) I'll bring along to the Trust's agm tonight.

I'm not sure if you're aware, but candidates have had to supply 100 words stating 'why you would like to join the PASB' - I've had trouble being so succinct (it reads a bit too curt) but attach it below for info....

Anyway, genuine thanks to everyone again.... I do understand why many express concerns (at best) re the PASB, but what I would say to you is that this will go ahead - I am sure - & as I've said before, I think it would be better being inside the tent... etc.

I'll take no umbrage or offence to those that disagree!

Jon

"I am life-long fan, father of a young green (who sits with me every game!), season ticket holder, Fan’s Trust member and still occasionally shed a tear of joy when we score…..

I am also a Police Inspector of 23 years’ service and I undertake a similar role to that of the PASB on behalf of the Home Office, scrutinising the way in which police forces meet national standards; recommending sanctions as appropriate.

As a Board member, I will bring a set of skills and attributes suited to the role and will act in a fair, transparent yet robust manner……"

pig pig pig

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:19 pm

You'll go DAHN for that, Czar!

You slaaag ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAS / Supporters Board - a request   GAS / Supporters Board - a request Empty

Back to top Go down

GAS / Supporters Board - a request
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next