mouldyoldgoat
Dougie
Tringreen
Mr President
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:42 am

And still not a word from Mr President on the matter!

I think the PASB elections are compromised if the allegations against Tony Cholwell are true, and his chances of success are hampered if Newell has lied about him.

This PASB thing has been a farce since it was announced and now there is something dodgy going on with one candidate.

Everything about Argyle has stunk over the last few years, and it carries on now with the owners PASB idea. Would like the Club President's view on it all, but he's only the Club President for his mates, or if it involves a gang of young boys and a big flag it would seem.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:10 am

I'd vote for Hairy J
a) If he was standing
b) If I wasn't disenfranchised
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:17 am

i thought the idear behind the gas board was to observe the running of the club with a view to reporting back to the fan base any signs of missmanagment?,thats what it for isnt it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sit higher up the stands if you dont wont people standing up infront of you,get a pasty before you go in the ground,or maybe moe your lawn on a saturday afternoon if its all a bit much for you hariy,
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:33 am

tcm wrote:
i thought the idear behind the gas board was to observe the running of the club with a view to reporting back to the fan base any signs of missmanagment?,thats what it for isnt it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,sit higher up the stands if you dont wont people standing up infront of you,get a pasty before you go in the ground,or maybe moe your lawn on a saturday afternoon if its all a bit much for you hariy,

You really think that's going to happen TCM, with the lack of transparency about competitive budget etc. ?
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:42 am

pointing out what its supposed to be for ,and yes if there seems to be something going wrong i thin k it will be pointed out, you obviuosly dont,hay ho,
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:56 am

tcm you make a good point, but the PASB is making such little impact, folks like me & hairy J are already forgetting what its purpose was and indeed in my case, what its value will be.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:08 am

well as far as i know thats what its there for,to observe and point out any perceived missmanagment,dont think it there for the pastys ,people standing up,and so on,at least i hope not,
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 9:36 am

No, now that you've reminded you;re right, just I am starting not to believe. If one looks at how the whole thing has been played out and organised (if that can be a term that can be used to describe the process), I have little faith in it achieving it stated goals and as others have said, if Harry moves on, it continues at the whim of the next owner.

I believe the Trust is the way to go and I like the idea of the Trust being the main contributor to the PASB, at least that way they can't be sidelined by Harry's diversion (if that's what it is). Strange coincidence the the Prez was suddenly concerned about the PASB direction, once the Trust organised itself to get as many Trust Members on board. I don't pretend to understand all the politics down at HP but something is going on that we are not meant to know about, or spun in such a way as to misrepresent the facts from the supporters.

At least in Mac999's day you knew it was his way or the highway, there was no talk of transparency. Maybe a little more honest?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:36 am

The most verbose candidate has already called the Trust nominees puppets and waifs and strays hardly a ringing endorsement of what will be follow GasBoard members.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 10:55 am

Can anyone explain why TC has chosen to give up the fight on ATD ?
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:04 am

He gave his reasons on the PI thread. Stated its temporary, not permamnent
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:08 am

shonbo wrote:

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:11 am

shonbo wrote:

Although it probably doesn't help being to ATD when your trying to get a plug on Vital Argyle
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:22 am

Dougie wrote:
shonbo wrote:

Although it probably doesn't help being to ATD when your trying to get a plug on Vital Argyle

lol!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 11:32 am

The postcode lottery strikes again.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:01 pm

shonbo wrote:
tcm wrote:

You really think that's going to happen TCM, with the lack of transparency about competitive budget etc. ?
and i think knowing what the budget is in £££ and pence is unrealistic,no one dose that in football,your leaving your self open, for me looking at how the club is run should the aim of the gas board,
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 pm

tcm wrote:
shonbo wrote:
tcm wrote:

and i think knowing what the budget is in £££ and pence is unrealistic,no one dose that in football,your leaving your self open, for me looking at how the club is run should the aim of the gas board,

Indeed I agree with you on that. However, Harry saying one thing and CF saying another does not give me the vibe that we are being told anything at all.
Back to top Go down
tcm

tcm

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:37 pm

i think its probably a case of CF finding a 2 grand a week man then at the last minute the 2 grand a week mans agent saying we want 3 and CF saying ok well thats the end of that,and that being interpreted by some as we havnt got money to spent,,,,,,,,and on the compedative budget,no one can say if it is or it isnt with knowing what it is,so for those saying it isnt ,your guesing,
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:50 pm

tcm wrote:
shonbo wrote:
tcm wrote:

Yes we don't need to know figures etc. but we do need some honesty regarding the 'competitive' budget which Harry has said is worthy of a side challenging for promotion. That does not seem to be the case.

Tony Chowell has said on pasoti's PASB board that th biggest issue for supporters is the signing of new players. At this point our budget does not seem to allow us to bring in many more players (unless CF is waiting for the loan market) and our squad is lacking in quality- mainly in the creative midfield dept and attack. Some see the trial of Rhys Griffiths as a backward step? It could be, but then again he could be our top scorer for he next couple of seasons (although he wouldn't have much competition).

My other concern regarding PASB is its lack of independence and it can be withdrawn at any time. Ex vocal leaders appear to have been bought and won't criticise the club, even when performances on and of the field are poor. I know Some of these people have a glass half full perspective and may be critical privately but to the great unwashed the club is defended even when criticism is warranted- will the PASB act in the same way when awarded with their silly hats?

I can imagine all the PASB meetings taking place at an Akkeron Hotel and the committee getting wined and dined. Are they going to question Harry on the lack of signings/ poor league performance or will they be asking James for another glass of free wine and discuss pasty flavours instead?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 1:30 pm

tcm wrote:
i think its probably a case of CF finding a 2 grand a week man then at the last minute the 2 grand a week mans agent saying we want 3 and CF saying ok well thats the end of that

Like after hearing the words 'competitive budget' you mean?. I'm sure you're not suggesting Harry deliberately scuppered any deal involving a potential £2k a week signing lol!

This whole competitive budget malarkey has been misleading since day one, I'm sure PASB will disagree with me though once they're finally elected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:40 pm

I don't understand the point of the PASB elections. Just let the Pasoti shiteratti decide who they want because if their "men" don't get in they will just slur and smear those who were democratically elected.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Perhaps that shot across TC's bows via the phone call was enough to warn him off here.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:02 pm

seadog wrote:
Perhaps that shot across TC's bows via the phone call was enough to warn him off here.

It seems that way. "Bin the freaks and get the backing of the super fans!".
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 3:15 pm

Worth looking into..............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 4:47 pm

Sleep

Sorry Webby but nobody cares
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supporters Board Election Update   Supporters Board Election Update - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Supporters Board Election Update
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next