Mock Cuncher
Chemical Ali
Pete1886
Dougie
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 pm

Quote :
Without blowing my own trumpet, I think I had a lot to do with it.

lol!
He's obviously a God.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:16 pm

I forgot how young he still is. I don't think he will, but he still has time to have a decent career elsewhere.

It seems like 10 years ago we signed him, but he's still only 24 and he had a pretty nasty injury for a long while as well. Maybe being closer to his family will help him so I'm hoping we have a sell on clause and one for any International caps he might win Razz
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I forgot how young he still is. I don't think he will, but he still has time to have a decent career elsewhere.

It seems like 10 years ago we signed him, but he's still only 24 and he had a pretty nasty injury for a long while as well. Maybe being closer to his family will help him so I'm hoping we have a sell on clause and one for any International caps he might win Razz

GJ, he's not eligible for Scotland rabbit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Apologies firsty as I appear to have missed something, This Harry Corbett reference, presumably to Brent. How & why did it come about ?

As regards Walton, possibly the crowning turd on the disastrous 2nd Sturrock reign, I always thought given his length of contract that once we were shot of him we would be well on the way to normality in league one or higher. Wrong !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Ffarquhar wrote:
Apologies firsty as I appear to have missed something, This Harry Corbett reference, presumably to Brent. How & why did it come about ?

As regards Walton, possibly the crowning turd on the disastrous 2nd Sturrock reign, I always thought given his length of contract that once we were shot of him we would be well on the way to normality in league one or higher. Wrong !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shonbo, Hartlepools practically Scotland, but without the class, and I can't remember him being capped for England.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:42 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Ffarquhar wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Shonbo, Hartlepools practically Scotland, but without the class, and I can't remember him being capped for England.

Actually Hartlepool has quite a pleasant marina

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I still think he has more chance of being capped by Scotland than England Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Cheers Jock. Very good Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:43 pm

He should be careful in Hartlepool. Aren't they known as "monkey hangers".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 am

Ffarquhar wrote:

Brent's got a couple of puppets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:52 am

One thing I find strange with Walton leaving for Hartlepool is that if it is for family reasons, I take it he has family in Yorkshire, but his daughter lives with the mother in London, and you couldn't really move further away from London than Hartlepool.

If he's going to be playing for Hartlepool and making long trips to London in midweek to see his daughter, that will soon take it's toll.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:09 pm

Brilliant post on the farm about fans views of Walton, ending with:

having read most of the posts on here regarding Simon recently it's pretty clear that some people are still on the lower rungs of the evolutionary chain.

Can we invite Argyle-Sy over to join us?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Argyle-Sy...he hasn't posted on there for ages so good to see him back.He would make very good ATD material.He is very supportive of Simon Walton I believe he knows Simon's sister.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Grovehill wrote:

Brilliant post on the farm about fans views of Walton, ending with:

having read most of the posts on here regarding Simon recently it's pretty clear that some people are still on the lower rungs of the evolutionary chain.

Can we invite Argyle-Sy over to join us?
Did I see a post from you on Pasoti yesterday Grocehill or did I dream it. Has your ban been lifted?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Must have dreamt it.

After the way I got banned I won't be posting on there again.

Unless the Mods and The President issue a public apology.

(not for banning me, just for being who they are)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walton to Hartlepool?   Walton to Hartlepool? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walton to Hartlepool?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2