Chemical Ali
JonB
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JonB

JonB

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:04 pm

On OS

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:08 pm

As I said before, GOOD.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:17 pm

Was never his biggest fan in all honesty, and this is the chance to use his wages, and hopefully for somebody more creative to give the impression that this season won't be a mirror image of last year.

If we go out and sign another defensive midfielder, then that will tell it's own story.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:24 pm

I didn't mind him- he had some bad games and some fair games. One of the final Sturrock cash signings- I wonder if his transfer fee (from QPR) was £200k or £500k (I think the additional payment was scrapped as part of the Mackie deal?). To think we could have paid £750k if all the transfer criteria had been met affraid
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Draws the curtain on rather an unhappy episode for both Argyle and Simon Walton.I guess he was top scorer last season and played his part in the escape from the drop but can't honestly say that sorrow is the uppermost emotion that i'm feeling at the moment.Lets hope that the money saved is put to good use and good luck to SW,i've got nothing against the guy but his term at Argyle can't be described as successful.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 5:58 pm

Agree with above, is the best option for player and club. His captainancy was generally poor and his performances inconsistent. Gives an opportunity to make Wotton or Purse captain and strengthen the midfield, which would be appropriate - Purse for me.
Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:20 pm

Wotton returns as captain then I reckon.

Good decision to let him go, too expensive for league two.
Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Wotton returns as captain then I reckon.

Good decision to let him go, too expensive for league two.

I think Darren Purse will be captain, but couldnt argue if it was Woots.

I think Simon was a positive role model in the dressing room and certainly the younger players looked to him but as a player we are still waiting for him to find his level.

His heart will always be in the north and so this is a good move for both him and Argyle.
Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:00 pm

What a strange turn of events. Good luck to him oop north. As has been said, too inconsistent and it now enables us to find a genuinely creative mid-fielder who can also put his foot on the ball and direct players about him or her. Good luck to Walton.

I wonder who we will get in (if we can afford the wages of a seasoned pro who will do the job for us).

Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:05 pm

What we want is a midfield general,someone who can dictate the play from further up the park and spray the ball around.Whether we will get such a person,as all those fitting the bill will have already been snapped up,is another matter.
Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:25 pm

One teams gain is another teams poison. In this case I have to say I think it is our teams gain. This just about has to be his last throw of the dice because if he balls this one up then I can't see who would want to sign him given the reputation that goes before him. Probably one of the worst signings we have made apart from Taribo West that is. I have never rated him and could never see what football people saw in him. He did his part in keeping us up I suppose but to be honest I think he well owed us that. Thanks for parts of last season and goodbye.
Back to top Go down
happyvictor

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:40 pm

Unbelievable! Our only real footballer ditched, and a pensioner like Wotton put forward as the next captain. This club is on the road to ruin. If I could get a refund on my season ticket now ( season ticket holder for donkeys years) I would grab it. We have a mickey mouse club, with a mickey mouse manager and a complete prat as an owner (in football terms). The owner will make a fortune, and the avivas will support him all the way - pitiful. Meanwhile, we long suffering real supporters will pay with our green blood. Total and utter crap! We have been duped this year, but I will not fall for Harry's crap again.
Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:41 pm

Ring the bells ! Ring the bells, as one of the main reasons we plumetted to where we are today, has finally found somewhere to match the money he managed to negotiate down here. I say that because the BBC have actually said:-
" Hartlepool have taken over his contract" .... whatever that means.... but it sounds half good.
What has it come to when Hartlepool are a bigger draw than us. Still, tonight, I don't care, break out the Westons that Jon and Jock are on and bring on the rain, let it pour..... cheers I'm singinging in the rain .......
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:45 pm

happyvictor wrote:
Unbelievable! Our only real footballer ditched, and a pensioner like Wotton put forward as the next captain. This club is on the road to ruin. If I could get a refund on my season ticket now ( season ticket holder for donkeys years) I would grab it. We have a mickey mouse club, with a mickey mouse manager and a complete prat as an owner (in football terms). The owner will make a fortune, and the avivas will support him all the way - pitiful. Meanwhile, we long suffering real supporters will pay with our green blood. Total and utter crap! We have been duped this year, but I will not fall for Harry's crap again.

What a first post.Negative,cynical,dark,depressing,insulting and impatient.

You'll fit in well Victor,welcome to ATD.
Back to top Go down
happyvictor

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:08 pm

Oh Greenskin - stop it! Just how I feel at this moment in time pal! This club looks much weaker than it was at the end of last season. We have lost loanees and, to date, brought in a goalkeeper and a player that has failed at other league clubs - reason to be cheerful, I think not.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Good luck to him but surley one of the worst players ever to wear the green shirt.Thank god he has gone.We still need at least two good midfielders and at least two good strikers to stand any chance next season.Darren Purse for captain.
Back to top Go down
happyvictor

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Sorry OT, but way out of order. I thought that this site offered a valued alternative to the mumblings and mass conformity on Pasoti. SW was a class act, in footballing terms, for PAFC, something very scarce at PAFC. He could not help it if the other dross at Home Park could not read his manner of play. Are we to survive on the subtelty of Wotton midfield - please no! If we rely on that, I think that we are truly doomed. Still that outlook willl save me hundreds of pounds next year, because without quality reinforcements we will be Conference Premier bound by Christmas.

Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:36 pm

"A massive thank you to everybody associated with @Only1Argyle, staff, players and fans. A special club with special people! #promotion"

from his twitter
Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:36 pm

happyvictor wrote:

I thought that was Freathy posting under a new username then until I saw the post count lol!
Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Somewhere within that portly frame (I know, pots and kettles and all that) there's a decent footballer trying to get out. His problem wasn't his ability, but his mentality. Too often he would stroll through games when we were crying out for a bit of fight, a bit of effort. When he was on song (which wasn't often, to be fair) he stood out like a diamond in a cowpat. But more often than not, he was anonymous.

The fact that the most memorable moment of his Argyle career was that tackle and sending off up at Barnsley speaks volumes.

I imagine that he won't be asked to play for the Argyle Legends when he retires.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:48 pm

Simon Walton's Wages = 2-3 really good Div 2 players or 6 average ones. There is hope, if CF is allowed to sign players and gets it right.

ok, a........aaaaaaa..........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaviva Razz
Back to top Go down
happyvictor

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:50 pm

Yea man - you honour me - as they say, the truth always hurts>
Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:00 pm

happyvictor wrote:
Yea man - you honour me - as they say, the truth always hurts>

I feel honoured that I honour you, does that make me an honourable person?

It is an honour to reply to your honurable post saying I honour you.

scratch
Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:06 pm

Just shows how wide apart football opinion is doesn't it. I never rated Walton and as Andy_Symons has said his lack of effort on too many occasions was more than noticeable. He must have something hidden in there somewhere because a lot of football people thought he had talent. Where it went god only knows (perhaps Saltash Green could ask for us). He proved an expensive flop at Argyle and I find it hard to understand how anyone could have rated him highly. As said, just shows how wide apart opinion can be.
Back to top Go down

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:10 pm

It's funny though because he was at Leeds and QPR before us, and he was our record transfer fee, so quite a few managers have seen something in him.

Having said that, the general consesus seems to be he won't be missed and we finished 4th bottom of Division 4 last season!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Walton is released Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton is released   Walton is released Empty

Back to top Go down

Walton is released
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next