Flat_Track_Bully
Dougie
Tgwu
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:59 am

Fulham are lining up a £300,000 move for Plymouth's teenage goalkeeper Christian Walton.

The 18-year-old has got Premier League scouts flocking to the League Two club to check on his progress.
On the lookout: Martin Jol wants to add Plymouth's young goalkeeper to his ranks

But Martin Jol is ready to table an offer to secure a deal before his rivals can snap him up.

The Cottagers currently have two goalkeeping prospects out on loan, Neil Etheridge and Marcus Bettinelli, at Bristol Rovers and Dartford respectively.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do the administrator receive a cut of any player being sold?

Last edited by Tgwu on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:01 pm

If you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always had.

He was good while it lasted!
Back to top Go down

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 pm

I nearly spat tea all over the pc then, I thought that you meant Simon. lol!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Iggy wrote:
I nearly spat tea all over the pc then, I thought that you meant Simon. lol!

I thought the headline would shock so one cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Were do they flock to see him play?

Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:27 pm

Is this genuine? I mean if he's that highly rated why isn't he anywhere near our first team? Why did we re-sign Chenoweth is we have a highly rated 18year old on the books? Why are a team with two youth keepers out on loan looking to bring in another one?

Can't help thinking that there is the hand of an agent involved in this news story.

If anything anywhere near 300k is being waved under our noses for ANY PLAYER then no doubt it will be accepted. If it does happen I just hope they put a sell on clause in there too.

Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Is this genuine? I mean if he's that highly rated why isn't he anywhere near our first team? Why did we re-sign Chenoweth is we have a highly rated 18year old on the books? Why are a team with two youth keepers out on loan looking to bring in another one?

Can't help thinking that there is the hand of an agent involved in this news story.

If anything anywhere near 300k is being waved under our noses for ANY PLAYER then no doubt it will be accepted. If it does happen I just hope they put a sell on clause in there too.

Exactly. Also the same as Dougie says, where exactly do they flock to see him play?

If it is genuine and they were offering £300k with add-ons I would expect we would snatch their hand off, and I would say it's good business for us. He can't be near a first team place, or if he is then why not get Gilmartins wages off the books?
Back to top Go down

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:52 pm

It's always been the case, if there's a player that's promising, sell him!

Short term thinking, long term mediocre

Last edited by GOB on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Just think of the paint JB could buy for the murals with that kind of money! come on he isn't going to put a penny of that money if it happens into the transfer budget or the staff repayments.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

Exactly. Also the same as Dougie says, where exactly do they flock to see him play?

If it is genuine and they were offering £300k with add-ons I would expect we would snatch their hand off, and I would say it's good business for us. He can't be near a first team place, or if he is then why not get Gilmartins wages off the books?

There is another link on this going to thisisplymouth web pages but says page not found.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Angry of Mayfair wrote:
Just think of the paint JB could buy for the murals with that kind of money! come on he isn't going to put a penny of that money if it happens into the transfer budget or the staff repayments.

I don't know about transfer budget, but I think he's obligated himself to putting 50% of unbudgeted income in to the outstanding staff payments. This would deffo fall into that category.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:03 pm

The 300k will buy us plenty more non league players.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:23 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

I gather he's very highly rated- but the Mail have got something wrong, he's 16 not 18 which I guess explains why he isn't troubling the first team just yet. However, I must admit it does puzzle me slightly why we re-signed Chenoweth in light of him. £300k with a few clauses would be pretty good I guess.
Back to top Go down
Highwayman

Highwayman

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:40 pm

More than likely it's just his agent feeding the media bollocks in the hope of gaining a payday.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:41 pm

we will get 75k if we are lucky,
with 225k if he wins the cup, league & Champions Lge (in that order).

common sense says - 16 year old, no league appearances.
club he plays for a poor 4th divsion side (actuallt thats what fulham were 16years ago lol! )

therefore we will get a price to match.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:05 pm

GregCampbellFanClub wrote:
we will get 75k if we are lucky,
with 225k if he wins the cup, league & Champions Lge (in that order).

common sense says - 16 year old, no league appearances.
club he plays for a poor 4th divsion side (actuallt thats what fulham were 16years ago lol! )

therefore we will get a price to match.
To be fair, Joe Hart hadn't played at the age Walton is now and he's a keeper who is universally known for debutising at a very young age. Same goes for Alex Smithies of Huddersfield who similarly broke through at a very young age. Obviously I'm not saying he'll be as good as Hart but the fact that he's got no league appearances doesn't necessarily mean his value will go down.

If we get £300k up front plus a few add ons for bits and pieces like international appearances, PL appearances and a sell on for example then that's a decent enough deal. As I say, I hear he's very highly rated.
Back to top Go down

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:02 pm

You'll be cheering him onto the train then.
Hopeless, this club, hopeless... if this comes to fruition.
We actually kept Paul Mariner for 3 whole years as a first teamer and obvious England prospect before selling him. The 'sport' has gone mad, and I question the reasoning behind any fan saying this would be a good deal for Argyle. It patently isn't.
I thought Brent said recently youth was the future. Has anyone mentioned to him we're out of administration and don't have to sell anyone.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Penzance wrote:
I thought Brent said recently youth was the future. Has anyone mentioned to him we're out of administration and don't have to sell anyone.

Indeed he did..

Shows how delusional Brent is if he thinks that anyone any good will be remaining at Argyle. The likes of Wotton are an exception.

Nearly anyone of any quality will be sold. The players themselves will see to that. Why on earth if you have talent would you want to ply your trade at a fourth tier club when fame and fortune can be had elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:17 pm

akagreengull wrote:
The 300k will buy us plenty more non league players.

With Baz going in January as well what a lot of postboxes and flags the puppets can buy
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 5:45 pm

The whole Brent "rebuilding" ethos is clearly an expedient thing to put out to the "fantastic support" while his deals and financial investments come to fruition, can't believe there are people out there who still buy it (excuse the pun.) lol!
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:10 pm

Penzance wrote:
You'll be cheering him onto the train then.
Hopeless, this club, hopeless... if this comes to fruition.
We actually kept Paul Mariner for 3 whole years as a first teamer and obvious England prospect before selling him. The 'sport' has gone mad, and I question the reasoning behind any fan saying this would be a good deal for Argyle. It patently isn't.
I agree it's crap that we have to sell him, but if we don't then he could easily go to them on a free when his scholarship is up. No matter what pro contract we offer him, it'll be trumped by a Premier League club. I absolutely agree we should try to build a future around youth but if it comes to it that we either sell a player or let him leave on a free then it's gotta be the former. Players like Jamie Richards, Jared Sims and Jordan Copp who aren't gonna be sold to a big club right away but still have something good about them are the future in my opinion. But however ambitious we are, we can't compete with top half PL sides. £300k up front, with additional payments at a later date, saddening though it is that it has to happen is probably better than any of the alternatives. Hopefully if more sides are interested we can make it into a bidding war and get the price up a bit.

Yes we ought to try and show as much ambition to keep hold of players, but if we've got the next Joe Hart or Jack Buckland we're only gonna be able to have them for so long.
Back to top Go down

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:54 pm

But but but but. Thanks Sam... you'll do well in the Brent New World.
We're not talking Premier clubs all the time.
When we were supposedly challenging for the Premiership ourselves, we lost our manager to a team that were about to be relegated to L1 !!!. Unheard of. WHY ?

Players, managers and staff WILL stay at a club for a few years IF they see the club making a good fist of it. If they smell a rat, as Holloway patently did, they'll be gone, quick as quick thing.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 8:33 pm

Penzance wrote:
But but but but. Thanks Sam... you'll do well in the Brent New World.
We're not talking Premier clubs all the time.
When we were supposedly challenging for the Premiership ourselves, we lost our manager to a team that were about to be relegated to L1 !!!. Unheard of. WHY ?

Players, managers and staff WILL stay at a club for a few years IF they see the club making a good fist of it. If they smell a rat, as Holloway patently did, they'll be gone, quick as quick thing.
Of course we're not talking Premier League clubs all of the time, and in 8/9 cases out of 10 I'd probably agree with you. I just think with the specifics of this "case" we're caught a bit between a rock and a hard place if he doesn't want to sign a deal. Ambition is ambition but we may not physically have the resources to compete against the likes of Fulham or potentially even bigger clubs than them. I'd like to hope we could keep him, and in some cases as you say it's far less clear cut. I'm just sceptical if we literally have the resources to keep a player who top half Premier League clubs want.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 6:19 am

Another one that got away

FORMER Argyle prospect Lloyd Jones played for Wales in one of their three group games in the first qualifying round for the European Under-19 Championships.

The Liverpool centre-back only celebrated his 17th birthday earlier this month.

Wales were drawn in Group 10 of the first qualifying round in Slovenia, against Sweden and Russia and the host nation.

Jones, a former Devonport High School for Boys student, was an unused substitute when Wales lost 3-1 to Sweden in their first game last Wednesday.

He then played all of the 2-1 victory over Slovenia two days later.

Jones reverted to the role of unused substitute when Wales lost 2-1 to Russia on Monday, despite taking the lead.

That result meant Russia finished top of the group and Wales, in third, missed out on qualification for the final qualifying round.

Jones was born and brought up in Plymouth but qualifies to play for Wales because his father, Gareth, hails from the Principality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Walton to Fulham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton to Fulham   Walton to Fulham Empty

Back to top Go down

Walton to Fulham
Page 1 of 1