Walton

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Walton Empty
PostSubject: Walton   Walton EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:32 am

What a total and utter plank.

Slow, clueless, overpaid.

Last night he looked more like a Sunday pub team player. Stood still or wandered around. Didn't see him run properly once. Was second to everything and looked totally disinterested.

No input to the match last night - we were effectively 10 men against 11. The most charitable I could be was he put a couple of good cross field balls towards Hemmings in the second half and provided an unfit lump for Rovers central midfield to run rings around.

Agree too with the sentiments on the match thread, Hourihane was not a good match for him. But that's another thread again!

Why is he picked? We played much better when he was on the bench.

He's out of contract at the end of this season isn't he? TFFT!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Walton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton   Walton EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:42 am

unimpressed it take it lol!
Back to top Go down

Walton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton   Walton EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:51 pm

There has been a lot of credit handed out to players who remained "loyal" to Argyle during the troubles. Yes I know we are still in trouble but I meant the "other" troubles not league position now.

One of these players was Walton and since he has made a lot of right noises about being up for the challenge and the old chestnut we can do it etc etc. My stance on all of the players we had then was that if somebody had thought them worth a punt then they would have come in for them and they would have been sold. Not only that but they would have gone gladly so it wasn't a matter of loyalty at all it was a matter of ecconomics and being a sought after product. Walton is one such player. In truth it is he who owes Argyle not the other way around and I absolutely one hundred percent agree that he doesn't cut it. He is mostly slow and uninterested. He is still the sullen player he always was with a chip on his shoulder if he gets challenged. All he sees is his chance to kick somebody and that part of his game has not gone away. Don't rate him, have never rated him and doubt I ever will rate him.
Back to top Go down

Walton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton   Walton EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:03 pm

He is our top scorer .
Back to top Go down

Walton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton   Walton EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:19 pm

Ok he takes a good penalty so that is one plus. Still don't rate him doing anything else.
Back to top Go down

Walton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton   Walton EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:24 pm

greengenes wrote:
He is our top scorer .

Yup his penalty taking skills are second to none. If only football was like hockey where you can bring on a penalty taker then sub them straight away again, then his wages might be more justified. I remember when he first arrived, still young and had played for Leeds and qpr, obviously talented but a bit of a hothead. He has calmed down now but has never impressed me with his attitude or level of skill.

I know he had a long injury lay off but sensibles right, when we were giving away players for clubcard vouchers there still weren't any takers.
Back to top Go down

Walton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton   Walton EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:21 am

In fairness I thought he looked pretty trim and has certainly lost weight since the last time I seen him play at HP
(I can only make midweek games). He was vocal throughout and does have an eye for a pass, yet he is a luxury in salary terms the club can almost certainly do without. Gone in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Walton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton   Walton EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:49 am

Let's face it, Roy Keane would look isolated, listless and crap if he was playing next to Hourihane, Lennox and Bhasera. That doesn't mean Walton's any good either, mind.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

Walton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton   Walton EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:26 am

Walton could do with mentoring from Mackie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Walton Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walton   Walton Empty

Back to top Go down

Walton
Page 1 of 1