JonB
Tringreen
Mr President
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr President

It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park Empty
PostSubject: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Hi All

Posted the message below onto pasoti. Wanted to post it here too. The mention of pasoti and ATD is in no way an attempt to fan the flames. Just putting down some of the key moments for me of the admin period and ATD was in its infancy then and to my memory wasn't really a big part of the internet debate so....no offence meant.

Hope you can make it tomorrow.

Chris

A personal post.

Pre-sales for tomorrows game are pointing towards a crowd of 10,000 plus for what is one of the most important games in Argyle's history. With the ticket offer still open until midday tomorrow make sure that you don't miss out on what could be the game that see's our Club and our team take a massive stride towards completely the most remarkable year in our history by achieving safety on the pitch.

Everything really does come down to this.

Everything that as been sacrificed by the legends that are the Green Taverners. People giving up their time, money and lives to make sure that our amazing staff could fight on. To this day that work continues. This week alone I've watched as the guys have organised a curry evening, music night, a fansfests and laid the foundations for the Utd Legends weekend. Their devotion to the cause is massive. They deserve for that incredible loyalty to reflected on the pitch.

Born out of the ashes, the Fans' Trust provided an amazing vehicle as the supporters voice during the fight to save Argyle and now they lead the Trust in another direction protecting the fans interests in a new ear. Whilst others stood by people like Peter Ryan, Lee Jameson and John Petrie stood up and created the trust. They deserve for that bravery to be reflected in the performance tomorrow.

The posters of pasoti, a varied collection of people from all walks of live. At each others throats prior to administration and now back in that mode it seems. Something beautiful happened for 10 months though. Something unachieved by any other fan base in the UK - We stood united. No egos, no positions. Everyone played their part in saving Argyle and pasoti beat the media to most stories, was the launch pad for most campaigns and is the most effective communication tool Argyle supporters have apart from word of mouth. Pasoti and its varied collection of views deserves to see its Club saved on the pitch after doing so much to save it off it.

The Green Army as a whole. Bloody hell we've taken some knocks. 4 seasons of getting tanked almost every week, administration, the loss of all our best players, and 2 successive relegations. Did we give up? Did we hell. Have we booed our players? No, we've given them everything. Do we believe? We're Plymouth Argyle, we always believe. Finally we see greenshoots. Finally we are attending games and actually winning some. Finally we are returning to being a Football Club. Without doubt the best supporters in the land. So proud to be your President. We deserve a party. We deserve safety. We deserve a medal!

James Brent a man with a huge list of businesses but is devoting a ridiculous amount of time to Argyle. Up until 2am a few nights back finishing the pasoti Q&A, kicking every ball, no doubt having sleepless nights. For sombody who is only interested in development is he doing a good job of falling in love with a football club as well. For the lengths he went to in order to save Argyle he deserves safety. For the hours he works to help Carl and the team, he deserves safety. For being there when nobody else was he deserves safety and he has our backing.

The players are often left out of any praise. Everyone has their views but mine are clear. They may not on the whole be on most talented collective group to have ever worn the Green shirt but they are without doubt the finest. To a person they have either gone without wages, joined the Club not knowing whether they will be paid, or signed when they didn't know if Argyle would be a league Club come May. Every single day we see in the paper a premier league player involved in a scandal. One week of Rooneys wages could have saved Argyle for months during our stuggle. People like Fletcher, Walton and co took wage cuts to save this football Club. We are so close to achieving what would be the greatest escape of all time. There are one of two 'brave' souls who think it is big to attack players on twitter or from behind a fake username. Now is not the time for that rubbish. Grow up, because if you knew the half of what some of these lads have suffered then you would be ashamed of yourselves. This group of players on are the brink of writing themselves into Argyle history during our 125th year. Seize the moment lads.

The staff. What more can we say? Inspirational. You saved our Football Club and gave up more than many of us can even bare to think about. You, more than anyone deserve Argyle to be safe.

Plymouth Argyle 2011/12. No pre-season, no kit until 3 days prior to first match, a team of kids for 3 months, no pay for 3 months, no time to gel, dead at Christmas, written off by everyone but the 'green tinted few' now sit 5 points clear with 5 games to go. That makes tomorrow one of the biggest games in our history.

People of the Plymouth and the South West. Tomorrow and the next few games isn't about football matches. It is about our destiny. It is about the end of the greatest story football has ever known. It is also about the start of us having our ARgyle back.

Just look at these threads I have been reading this morning. Brought a tear to my eye.

Get on your feet and fill those seats.

Lets rock Home Park tomorrow. Lets have such a surge in attendance that the kick off is delayed. Lets greet those players onto the pitch with such a roar that you can't hear yourself think. For anyone who loved Argyle and is no longer with us - this is for you. For anyone who has refused to give in - this is for you. For all those above - this is for you.

Plymouth Argyle is our Church. Home Park is our religion. Next Service 3pm, tomorrow.

COOOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEE OOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNN YYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUU GGGGGGREEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59831

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=59453

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59796

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=57407

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55994

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55310

Tomorrow, lets rekindle that loyalty, passion and unity.

90 Minutes Non-Stop support for the team.

We can and we will do this.

WE ARE STAYING UP!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:31 pm

What's your IP address?

Wink

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Cerbera wrote:
What's your IP address?

Wink

Very Happy

I will tell you when you next buy me a pint Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:19 pm

I agree Chris. Lets hope that at 5pm tomorrow we have another win and that the finishing line is in sight. I hope HP is packed out and there is a great atmosphere.

BUT this has to be a 2 way deal. If we survive this happy clappy nonsense has to stop. This great football club is still on its knees and people cant keep on pretending that everything is okay. Lets see if we cant get a bit of professionalism into PAFC next season and get out of this mess we are in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I agree Chris. Lets hope that at 5pm tomorrow we have another win and that the finishing line is in sight. I hope HP is packed out and there is a great atmosphere.

BUT this has to be a 2 way deal. If we survive this happy clappy nonsense has to stop. This great football club is still on its knees and people cant keep on pretending that everything is okay. Lets see if we cant get a bit of professionalism into PAFC next season and get out of this mess we are in.

I agree. We will stay up this season, just, but Argyle needs to be challenging, no not challenging, getting promoted next season. With the "enviable budget" Brent admits Fletcher has, we should never have been struggling this far into the season. We all know about the Reid time which handicapped us, and yes we would be a solid mid-table club if you take the right statistics into account about Fletcher, but solid mid-table is crap for a club like us. Lets have an end to all the shit like bogus websites, bogus accounts on here etc. and then maybe all Argyle fans could unite behind the team. At the moment on both sites you do wonder if some people actually want us to go down again.

Lets have some positive news as quickly as possible once were mathematically safe. And I don't mean another bleddy flag or special guest stars at a fanfest.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:31 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Frank, the trouble is that you and others get things in your head then convince yourself that they are true. Cerbera and I had a good chat about this yesterday and without a doubt the internet is a great invention but a barrier to plenty.

For example I can't remember anyone saying that everything was fine at Argyle but you seem convinced that they have?

Just as someone has a right to be negative, equally someone can be positive.

Take for example - I am extremely positive, its the way I engage and motivate people in my day job and it has always got me results. I like to boost people. Tring is negative about everything. Doesn't mean any of us is right, just two ways of looking at one situation.

As I respect your right to think Argyle is 'on its knees' you should respect my view that the Club is on the up.

Thats what free debate is about. It is not about the right to abuse someone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:32 pm

Mr President wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
What's your IP address?

Wink

Very Happy

True. I owe you a beer.

Cherry Tree?
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:35 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Mr President wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
What's your IP address?

Wink

Very Happy

True. I owe you a beer.

Cherry Tree?

I may well do, just got to see if I am needed pre-match for anything. If there is small attendance planned at the cherry why don't you guys come to the fansfest? About time some of these stupid barriers were broken down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Err, no ta.

Only so much Rick O'Shay and happy clappy I can stand.

Much prefer the 'tranquility' of the CT.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Err, no ta.

Funnily enough the 'GTs Pub'. Land lord is a big sponsor, GTs travel is run from there and a number of events are held in the back room.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 3:53 pm

What a pile of nauseatingly, schoolboy crap.

Kids let loose in a sweet shop about sums it up. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
JonB

JonB

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:17 pm

Or could it just be a case of supporters being supportive; fans acting fanatically?

Jon
Back to top Go down
http://www.grumpypig.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Mr President wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

Frank, the trouble is that you and others get things in your head then convince yourself that they are true. Cerbera and I had a good chat about this yesterday and without a doubt the internet is a great invention but a barrier to plenty.

For example I can't remember anyone saying that everything was fine at Argyle but you seem convinced that they have?

Take for example - I am extremely positive, its the way I engage and motivate people in my day job and it has always got me results. I like to boost people. Tring is negative about everything. Doesn't mean any of us is right, just two ways of looking at one situation.

As I respect your right to think Argyle is 'on its knees' you should respect my view that the Club is on the up.

I don't think I have abused you Chris?

And how do you know what I have got in my head? That seems quite an odd thing to say. Is it because I use ATD therefore I must be negative and hate the club?

In my day job I speak to people from every walk of life and from every corner of the world. My ability to distinguish between fantasy and reality has got me where I am. Talk is cheap......results are what matters.

My point about the club being on its knees could be explained better. We have had 4 years of woeful home form. How do you think attendances and finances will stack up if we have another poor season next year? Is the club robust enough to cope with attendances of 4,000? We may be on the up compared with 6 months ago, but we are hardly a picture of health. What happens if Brent walks away? He may have got the "bug" but so did 10,000 other fans who have disappeared over the last 5 years (and at least they got to watch some decent football for a while!)
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Mr President wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

I don't think I have abused you Chris?

And how do you know what I have got in my head? That seems quite an odd thing to say. Is it because I use ATD therefore I must be negative and hate the club?

In my day job I speak to people from every walk of life and from every corner of the world. My ability to distinguish between fantasy and reality has got me where I am. Talk is cheap......results are what matters.

My point about the club being on its knees could be explained better. We have had 4 years of woeful home form. How do you think attendances and finances will stack up if we have another poor season next year? Is the club robust enough to cope with attendances of 4,000? We may be on the up compared with 6 months ago, but we are hardly a picture of health. What happens if Brent walks away? He may have got the "bug" but so did 10,000 other fans who have disappeared over the last 5 years (and at least they got to watch some decent football for a while!)

No Frank, I said it was in your head because it was what you wrote!

There are lots of 'ifs' in life Frank. Some are more likely to occur than others. I'd wager £100 that this time next year our attendances will have improved and James Brent will be here against your 4,000 crowd and James Brent exiting?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:28 pm

So you predict the play offs then?
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
So you predict the play offs then?

Where did I say that? My view is that regardless of what Division we start next season in the aim will be promotion.

As an Argyle fan I personally would be happy not to be involved in a relegation battle / crisis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:43 pm

If we still have Carl Fletcher in charge, and are solid mid-table from the start to the end of next season, I'd put good money on the attendances being nearer 4,000 than the 10,000+ plus expected tomorrow.

Would solid mid-table satisfy you for next season Chris? Probably. Because you will say for years to come, ah but it's better than having no club at all. Even if we are challenging Frome Town and Chippenham with gates of 2,500, massive for the league we're in? There comes a time when a glass is totally empty, never mind half-empty.

I hope you're right and everything changes next season, but I wouldn't be betting too much on it.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:43 pm

Pathetic really.

Praises the sacrifices of the staff without acknowledging that he played a huge part in creating a situation (only one bidder) whereby they don't get everything that's owed to them for another 4.5 years.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:47 pm

JonB wrote:
Or could it just be a case of supporters being supportive; fans acting fanatically?

Jon

I tend to prefer the realistic approach. We are where we are in part because of blind faith.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 4:59 pm

I agree with little bits of all the above posts.

Let us hope HP is filled to capacity, or near enough. A good win and we'll be OK I think, fingers crossed that other results go our way as well.

Frank - good chance to rake 100 quid off the Pres?? Personally I think you would lose this one.

Just get behind the team, keep us up and then see what changes are made for next season (New manager etc).
I am not looking forward to another season of mediocre results and continual struggle.
Personally that would make me drawn a line under Argyle, remember the good times I knew and watch from the sidelines.

MervPlummer

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:29 pm

I think the fans understand the importance of the match already witness the near 10,000 tickets sold already (though how this latest missive reaches out to the missing from the 200,000 stakeholders or whatever the numbers is a mystery). The club has done the right thing with ticket offer. Let's hope the team understand and more importantly they can motivate themselves with appropriate tactics from Carl Fletcher to a win.

Hope this nonsense from The Pres doesn't materialise When safety is confirmed

Quote :
Prepping my 'I told you so' speech as we speak taking ages to re-quote all the little diamonds from some of footballs finest experts on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:44 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Err, no ta.

Would you change your mind if your boy could get a chocolate pudding and custard instead of a pasty at the FF? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:51 pm

I sort of agree with what Frank said.

We are happy to support the team, but we must see a return to our ever brilliant support, I think the payback would be in the form of a promotion push next season, Mr Brent take note.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Block4Green wrote:
I sort of agree with what Frank said.

We are happy to support the team, but we must see a return to our ever brilliant support, I think the payback would be in the form of a promotion push next season, Mr Brent take note.

Be careful what you wish for!

I think we still need a couple of wins this season or we could be having another tussle with Luton for top spot in the BSP next season!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:44 pm

No wonder The President doesnt post often he gets tetchy very quickly. That can't be good for ones blood pressure. Tony Chowell latest subject of his liitle digs over the other side for daring to disagree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park Empty

Back to top Go down

It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next