VillageGreen
Dougie
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dougie

Dougie

Multiplex at Home park Empty
PostSubject: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:29 am

I just about get the ice rink idea for Central Park. Whilst I don't like it impacting the stand it is a sporting activity. A feckin cinema though...? When did sitting on your arse in the dark eating sugary shite qualify as a healthy sporting activity? In that case bashing one off is a complete workout.

The cinema, when there is a perfectly good one in the town centre is a no-no for me.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:21 am

It will be great. If you get bored with the game on at HP,you can go and watch a film instead Very Happy .

Plymouth needs at least two more multiplex cinemas,one around the Central Park/Devonport areas and one in the Derriford/Roborough areas.

Most of the Cities in the UK have an array of cinemas dotted about them these days.

Which brings me on to this subject from across the way..

I would be in favour of Argyle moving to a new ground if the needs needed it in the future. As to where it would be built is anyone's guess.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:22 am

I presume Odeon are happy with the seating capacity of the cinema complex
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 11:22 am

Unbelievable isn't it!

Brent and chums are doing a grand job of the rape started by Newell's other previous lip quivering mates.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:00 pm

But why in the park? Brent is quoted as saying it is great for rainy days. In which case if it's raining the customers won't be using the outdoor facilities of the park anyway so why not site the cinema elsewhere...?

I also note the threat that Brent needs planning permission to be agreed very quickly for work to start in September.

Can't wait for us to have improved toilets. The development must be shite if improving toilets are one of the main selling points for fans. Bearing in mind the outdoor trench outside the current grandstand I would hate to see a plan that doesn't improve the toilets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:04 pm

Odeon Cinema - £9.95

Argyle home match - £20.00
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:17 pm

Pokesdown wrote:
But why in the park? Brent is quoted as saying it is great for rainy days. In which case if it's raining the customers won't be using the outdoor facilities of the park anyway so why not site the cinema elsewhere...?

I also note the threat that Brent needs planning permission to be agreed very quickly for work to start in September.

Can't wait for us to have improved toilets. The development must be shite if improving toilets are one of the main selling points for fans. Bearing in mind the outdoor trench outside the current grandstand I would hate to see a plan that doesn't improve the toilets.

Ooh that'll please Wozzer, he was really concerned about the gentlemen who were forced to endure poor conditions at night in the bogs Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:26 pm

i dont see the point or why it would be allowed to put a cinema in the park. Its not a sport and leisure facility and total contradicts the idea of the life centre that is promoting sport and healthy eating to kids instead of having them stuck in doors watching tv eating crisps and drinking fat boy coke.

Ice Arena is fine, Hotel fine school at a push but absolutely no need for the cinema to go there. Elsewhere in plymouth fine absolutely but not in a park there to promote sport and leisure activities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:27 pm

The cinema is the problem and Brent is trying to bounce everyone. And oh how he'd love for Home Park to be moved out of His park. Argyle have been fantastic tenants of the City for so long until Stapleton blew it and it wouldn't be long before he was putting lions heads on HIS park gates, without that rather ugly stadium and noisy neighbours spoiling his view and that of the guests being delivered their silver service by the grateful plebs of the city straight outta HIS school.

I blame the council as much as him if this cinema goes ahead. The park was bought in 1931 and is owned by the residents of Plymouth, not the Council. We actually paid for it, it wasn't bequeathed. We all know every developer and his dog is trying to expand what "entertainment and leisure" might mean these days, in the self-interested way big business and government changed the meaning of the word "vocational" back in the 90's. Not one mention of "green space", but then this is a garrison town, and Plymouth is like it is for a reason, as many respondents on this matter show.
There is plenty of cinema capacity in Plymouth, and if there was a demand, there are plenty of brown city sites begging for that investment. I notice the Herald hasn't even heard of the independent Art Centre cinema that has operated in the city for years, but then, hey, don't want to get in the way of a Mr Brent love-in do we. Big national corporations want the best land they can get their hands on, and would be delighted to grab a municipal park.
Will be an interesting planning process if nothing else. Love all the new "interested parties" joining both forums to get in on the manipulation, to try and drive the fish whatever way they can.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:29 pm

Message to PJ - just what would Michael Foot think of this development?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:31 pm

Don't waste your time Damon, PJ is now one of the Stepford Fans, he's had a sniff of the honey.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:33 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

isnt it ironic as soon as poor old Michael passes away Peter Jones's morals go out the window and now he is only interested in profit not the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:

I see that Ian thinks that your comment is below the belt, he really does. Why? Non of us know but he seems to think so anyway. Thank gawd I'm a freak and don't understand these things.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Must have struck a nerve!!
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:51 pm

It'll be great, we'll have a city with approximately 20 screens showing the same films. It'll be like a massive digital channel of constant repeats!
Back to top Go down
coathypafc

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:51 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
It will be great. If you get bored with the game on at HP,you can go and watch a film instead Very Happy .

Plymouth needs at least two more multiplex cinemas,one around the Central Park/Devonport areas and one in the Derriford/Roborough areas.

Most of the Cities in the UK have an array of cinemas dotted about them these days.

I would be in favour of Argyle moving to a new ground if the needs needed it in the future. As to where it would be built is anyone's guess.

A quote from Ian on that topic ' Give me the choice of Home Park or Mayflower Stadium (Lee Mill say), I'd take the Mayflower any time of the week.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:53 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

We wouldnt need to move out if Brent built the new stand to standard now instead of believing the crap that comes out of ian and chris's mouths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:57 pm

They seem so desperate that nothing would surprise me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Must have struck a nerve!!

I think they call it "Trolling for reaction" Damon
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Guilty. pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Is it as low as sending a white feather to a man dying of cancer?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Normally I would accuse someone of bullying if they engaged in a forked debate with a halfwit, but on this occasion I think Damon should be let off.

I expect that on cue the multis and those left on newell's support group will turn up soon to twist the topic of the thread.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 1:35 pm

There's also the fantastic cinema in the university that is open to all, not just students. Ironically, it's named after Jill Craigie (Michael Foot's wife).
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:00 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

After Argyle fans buy back the stadium for the next bunch of opportunists I suspect you'll get your move. Don't expect it to be favourable though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiplex at Home park   Multiplex at Home park Empty

Back to top Go down

Multiplex at Home park
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next