Grovehill
JonB
Tringreen
Mr President
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:52 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
Err, no ta.

Only so much Rick O'Shay and happy clappy I can stand.

Much prefer the 'tranquility' of the CT.

Would you change your mind if your boy could get a chocolate pudding and custard instead of a pasty at the FF? lol!

Joe has usurped the choc pud for a bowl of chips, he says.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:
Cerbera wrote:
Err, no ta.

Only so much Rick O'Shay and happy clappy I can stand.

Much prefer the 'tranquility' of the CT.

Would you change your mind if your boy could get a chocolate pudding and custard instead of a pasty at the FF? lol!

Joe has usurped the choc pud for a bowl of chips, he says.

He should go for the Big Breakfast. He seemed quite impressed by my demolition job on that bad boy cheers

If you can get there before 1pm I'll be having a quick scoop before heading to HP to get my free ticket coz I'm a cheapskate help the Trust with the Booths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Dont know why people are complaining about the team to chris, or saying 'its a two way deal' not like he controls how the players play.

I thought it was a top post, well said that man
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Think i might go tomorrow, no doubt there will be the usual chaos at the turnstiles every time we get a 10k plus crowd, shockingly village and just adds to the joke status of this basket case of a club
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Oh my The President has just inboxed me.

The first person ever to do so and with such words, or should I say word, of wisdom.

Mr President feel free never to do it again.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:23 pm

El Presidente-in answer to your rousing patriotic call to the troops.I will be there tomorrow and salute the flag and sing and chant as per your instructions,touch the flag and applaude when directed and pledge lifelong loyalty to Brent,Fletcher and you master.Hail the Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Dougie wrote:

The first person ever to do so and with such words, or should I say word, of wisdom.

Oh, you tease!

Do share....
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Rickler wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Oh, you tease!

Do share....

Nigel, surely you aren't encouraging people to share the contents of their PRIVATE messages are you? How irresponsible.

Nice attempt by Dougie to intimate that the PM was anything of note. From recollection in response to his constant repetition of the same things the PM said 'yawn'. Really worth a forum post that one, Dougie.

On that note, night all. See you tomorrow. Feel free to say hi at the fansfest of at the back of the Devonport, Block 4, seat 96. Its good to talk in real life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Mr President wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Oh, you tease!

Do share....

Nigel, surely you aren't encouraging people to share the contents of their PRIVATE messages are you? How irresponsible.

Nice attempt by Dougie to intimate that the PM was anything of note. From recollection in response to his constant repetition of the same things the PM said 'yawn'. Really worth a forum post that one, Dougie.

On that note, night all. See you tomorrow. Feel free to say hi at the fansfest of at the back of the Devonport, Block 4, seat 96. Its good to talk in real life.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ here we go again....change the record FFS

You and nool are always banging on about real this and real that..its the internet, and this and many others are forum,s....deal with it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:14 pm

Mr President wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Oh, you tease!

Do share....

I'm glad to see that you share my disgust towards anyone who would publish the contents of private correspondence on the web without the consent or knowledge of the third party.

As you're at the fansfest, I guess the (oft repeated) invitation to join us in a pre match Tizer at the Cherry Tree is once again to be overlooked. Shame really. Would be good for you to spend some time with us - the only danger being that you might find out that we're all perfectly normal Argyle fans who are not in the least bit freakish or weird, as some would have you believe.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Mr President wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Oh, you tease!

Do share....

Really worth a private message that, Mr President.

I find it weird and freakish to inbox someone you don't know or answer them with a childish put down behind the scenes.

I intimated no such thing. And its nice that you take such an interest in my posts especially as I bore you so. Seriously I have no interested in meeting or talking to you. But if you pronounce I take it that I can have a view. All this 'real' life stuff is nonsense parroted by people who should know better or those trying to be part of the gang. I'll be in the Lyndhurst with a goodly portion of my family doing what we always do supporting the team without need for hyperbolic table thumping posts. Tell it to the missing thousands. There is more than one way to support a team. I'll do it without going to the Fanfest again but thanks for the offer. It just wasn't for me. My Argyle pounds are worth just the same as yours. My vocal support given in equal measure to yours. My views are just that but just as valid as yours despite the tendency to make you fall to sleep. All very egalitarian this football supporting business. If that ever chances football will be in trouble.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:21 pm

I also can't really see a point in making a rallying call to the troops on a football chat site which invariably is used by people who either already give their support or people who live so far away it is unlikely they could make a match anyway. Front page of the Herald and cornish papers maybe but not here or PASOTI. The numbers who refuse to attend are small and would not make that much of a difference anyway. People on here and PASOTI show dissent about what goes on at the club but how many don't go because they chose not to. All the rallying in the world will not make those attend. I'm pleased to see there is a ticket offer for this one and am also pleased at the number of sales so far.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Mr President wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Dougie wrote:

Oh, you tease!

Do share....

Who am I talking to?

Chris or El Prez?

Tell me your IP and the mods can let me know.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:13 am

A lot of time and effort put into the rallying call and all done with the best of intentions probably but just what does it achieve? It is not going to encourage one extra person to attend, they will make up their own minds on that. It brings the usual 20 or 30 sycophants out of the woodwork, the usual great post Chris, well said Chris,you da man Chris and all that, and of course another excuse for that arch divider of the fan base Mr Newell to to start all his REAL this, REAL that, Praaper this, Praaper that crap which just gets up a lot of peoples' noses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:22 am

I think on this one, Chris is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Some of what he says is stating the bleedin' obvious, some of it is self-contradictory (Let's pack Home Park, and then: '10, 000+ crowd expected.' Er, that'll be Home Park pretty well packed, then). And some of it's just a sort of faux-Churchillian speech to the (already converted) masses. Although it's posted in a 'personal capacity' it's undoubtedly one from Chris in his 'Supreme Leader' persona. But, as others have said, most messageboard users are either already going, or too far away to reasonably be expected to attend.

And, if Chris hadn't put this rallying-cry up, I'm sure some would be saying 'Why hasn't he said anything, doesn't he realise how important this match is..?'

So it's flawed, probably aimed at the wrong audience, and a bit too 'We shall fight them on the beaches' for my liking, but, hell, at worst it's 5 minutes of my life I'll not see again. Give the bloke a break. Not everything he does has to be criticised just for the sake of it.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:25 am

I'll be there, but it's a crappy football team not the Nazi hordes about to storm our beaches. The more Churchillian style rallying calls are used the less effect they have, in fact they provoke an adverse reaction in me as the cynic in me sees somebody who thinks he's more important than he is. The message that should be hammered home to Brenty is crowds, money and success will come with a winning team.

On a second point, I don't know the stats but the perceived wisdom is that more often than not when a big crowd turns up, the team doesn't.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:52 am

I hope I didn't come across as criticising Chris for the post and I echo much of what the last two posters have said.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:17 am

Had a PM on pasoti from a guy who wasn't going, read the post and is now taking his two kids. That'll do me.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:19 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
I'll be there, but it's a crappy football team not the Nazi hordes about to storm our beaches. The more Churchillian style rallying calls are used the less effect they have, in fact they provoke an adverse reaction in me as the cynic in me sees somebody who thinks he's more important than he is. The message that should be hammered home to Brenty is crowds, money and success will come with a winning team.

On a second point, I don't know the stats but the perceived wisdom is that more often than not when a big crowd turns up, the team doesn't.

Absolutely!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:20 am

Mr President wrote:
Had a PM on pasoti from a guy who wasn't going, read the post and is now taking his two kids. That'll do me.

I told my son I'd do that if he didn't behave himself yesterday lol!
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 am

Andy_Symons wrote:
Mr President wrote:

I told my son I'd do that if he didn't behave himself yesterday lol!

Funnily enough the "I'll take you to Argyle if you don't behave" approach has been used to great effect over the years ib many households I am sure Smile
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:38 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 11:28 am

Dougie Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 11:58 am

Dougie, I think I love you nearly as much as I love Greenjock. (Usual caveats apply).

TWO gold stars

flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 12:07 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park   It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It Has All Come Down To This - Lets Pack Home Park
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next