Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Looting Home Park

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher


Posts : 5189
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 101
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

Looting Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Looting Home Park   Looting Home Park EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:02 pm

Scarves over faces, hoods up chaps!

Saturday could be the day when the club officially passes, and as lifelong supporters I say we storm the gates into the Demport and take back what is ours by right. This is our moment to do as so many of our heroes have done over the years, our chance to stand on the spot from whence Mariner scored, follow Castle's mazy dribbles, look down the barrel at Wotton's thumpers, sit on the same bench as Sturrock, Waiters, the Ciderman et al before you, our chance as fans to walk where Trigger wallowed!

It's going to be a proper invasion, and whilst all those Argyle geeks fanny about on the pitch, I'm going to break into the female loos and take a wee. Who is with me!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Guest
Guest




Looting Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looting Home Park   Looting Home Park EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:19 pm

Nothing like a bit of late Summer Blackberry picking.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 5590
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 62
Location : Tavistock area

Looting Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looting Home Park   Looting Home Park EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:23 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Scarves over faces, hoods up chaps!

Saturday could be the day when the club officially passes, and as lifelong supporters I say we storm the gates into the Demport and take back what is ours by right. This is our moment to do as so many of our heroes have done over the years, our chance to stand on the spot from whence Mariner scored, follow Castle's mazy dribbles, look down the barrel at Wotton's thumpers, sit on the same bench as Sturrock, Waiters, the Ciderman et al before you, our chance as fans to walk where Trigger wallowed!

It's going to be a proper invasion, and whilst all those Argyle geeks fanny about on the pitch, I'm going to break into the female loos and take a wee. Who is with me!

Rebel.Love to see an invasion and demo but it won't happen,i fear.Which ladies loo,by the way? Actually,i'd much rather piss on the seat where Stapes et al sat/sit.Preferably with them still in it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looting Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looting Home Park   Looting Home Park EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:34 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:
Scarves over faces, hoods up chaps!

Saturday could be the day when the club officially passes, and as lifelong supporters I say we storm the gates into the Demport and take back what is ours by right. This is our moment to do as so many of our heroes have done over the years, our chance to stand on the spot from whence Mariner scored, follow Castle's mazy dribbles, look down the barrel at Wotton's thumpers, sit on the same bench as Sturrock, Waiters, the Ciderman et al before you, our chance as fans to walk where Trigger wallowed!

It's going to be a proper invasion, and whilst all those Argyle geeks fanny about on the pitch, I'm going to break into the female loos and take a wee. Who is with me!

Rebel.Love to see an invasion and demo but it won't happen,i fear.Which ladies loo,by the way? Actually,i'd much rather piss on the seat where Stapes et al sat/sit.Preferably with them still in it.

They'd probably like that though. They look like the sort to attend those sort of parties
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher


Posts : 5189
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 101
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

Looting Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looting Home Park   Looting Home Park EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 7:40 pm

It's a shame we've never built up a fanbase enough to sustain a 'core' support big enough to have the elements which would be prepared to openly protest and in numbers. As it is, we've got a few pissheads who turn up to the odd game (Shrews) and upset Don Trebilcock of Launceston et al of Coach One with their raucousness (which basically amounts to swearing), but not enough of a 'I go every game' tradition as the bigger clubs. Perhaps this is down to the exiled nature of our support. I commend the chaps at the Vigil for getting a bit of publicity going, but it is nothing compared to what a full scale riot would achieve... Stapleton's severed upon a pike on top of the Grandstand turnstiles, the rest of his body hanging limp from the roof of the Demport End, swaying in the wind as the gulls make feast...Ridsdale sent packing north, completely mugged off, trying to hitchhike back to Yorkshire with two black eyes and his tail between his legs...Guifoyle pushing through the deal as quickly as possible to avoid the aggravation and the ordeal he's going through.

Yawn..I'm gonna go sit in a tent for a few days.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 5590
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 62
Location : Tavistock area

Looting Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looting Home Park   Looting Home Park EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
It's a shame we've never built up a fanbase enough to sustain a 'core' support big enough to have the elements which would be prepared to openly protest and in numbers. As it is, we've got a few pissheads who turn up to the odd game (Shrews) and upset Don Trebilcock of Launceston et al of Coach One with their raucousness (which basically amounts to swearing), but not enough of a 'I go every game' tradition as the bigger clubs. Perhaps this is down to the exiled nature of our support. I commend the chaps at the Vigil for getting a bit of publicity going, but it is nothing compared to what a full scale riot would achieve... Stapleton's severed upon a pike on top of the Grandstand turnstiles, the rest of his body hanging limp from the roof of the Demport End, swaying in the wind as the gulls make feast...Ridsdale sent packing north, completely mugged off, trying to hitchhike back to Yorkshire with two black eyes and his tail between his legs...Guifoyle pushing through the deal as quickly as possible to avoid the aggravation and the ordeal he's going through.

Yawn..I'm gonna go sit in a tent for a few days.

Is Don Trebilcock any relation to the great Mike Trebilcock? A chap in Gunnislake once pointed out to me the exact spot where Mike allegedly was conceived! I met Mike when i was a nipper,just after his two FA cup final goals,and my dad played against him when he was about 16.I asked him what Mike was like to play against and he said "well,he was fecking quick,wasn't he"-end of conversation.Another talent sold off far too quickly and cheaply,i remember his Everton career was ended when he either gobbed at or threw his shirt at Harry Catterick after he was substituted,which,as those of us who remember Harry will testify,was not a wise thing to do.Lives in Australia these days,i believe.Here's a bit of nostalgia;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyway,i digress.I think the reason for the lack of support and in the mild acceptance of any crap that's thrown is the result of decades of underachievement-people have become rather inured to the status quo.The fanbase used to be there in pretty big numbers,all gone now though and won't return unless Argyle have a sustained spell of at least challenging in the second tier,which looks rather a long way off ATM.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Looting Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looting Home Park   Looting Home Park EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:45 pm

Too much protest tourism for my liking ... and to no good purpose.
Ever since this whole thing started, it's been dominated by the on-line Pasoti clique that don't even have empathy with, let alone understand, the idea of direct action and REAL protest in order to get to a desired ending...... and so, we got what we got ..... very little.

Other than that, who can honestly say they would even get out of bed to protest at the passing of a modern UK professional football club that's been breaking the old understood rules.... most are sick and selfish, and ours became worse than most .... and that is something I thought I would never say about Argyle.
The real problem for Aegyle's future is not this month, or next month, but how it intends to carry on in the future. With a "Blair boom years" Ridsdale at the helm, it'll be a disaster. He only knows one thing ... leveraging money.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood


Posts : 2641
Join date : 2011-06-23
Age : 68
Location : Britannia Bay South Africa

Looting Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looting Home Park   Looting Home Park EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 10:48 pm

£23000...a Plymouth price even back then.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher


Posts : 5189
Join date : 2011-05-12
Age : 101
Location : Kingsbridge Castles

Looting Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looting Home Park   Looting Home Park EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:50 pm

Just heard from a source at HP...don't bother chaps, crooks have gotten away with everything!
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
`rgill




Posts : 93
Join date : 2011-08-12

Looting Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looting Home Park   Looting Home Park EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Is there any chance of NATO bombing home park,suffering civilians and all that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Looting Home Park Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looting Home Park   Looting Home Park Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Looting Home Park
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Ticket New from Home Park
» Moving away from Home Park
» Job going at Home Park
» Assets at Home Park?
» from the gambia to home park

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: