The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why is Walton still captain?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:04 pm

charleymouse wrote:
Whatever Cobi has said and done and wherever he has said/done it, he doesn't deserve the personal abuse which is being dished out on this thread. Greenjock, your advice on a 15-year-old's sex life is more than a little dodgy. It is also more misogynistic than I can stomach, I mean finding a girl who will 'put out' and not having to date 'sluts'? Can you not see how inappropriate that is? Why so much interest in the sexual activities of a fifteen-year-old lad anyway? And that is to say nothing of the encouragement of underage drinking. Whatever you think of Cobi, it would be better just to ignore him than spout crap like that.

I think you will find that young Mr Budge is not quite as innocent about the ways of the world as he is making out Charleymouse. Ok I went over the top, but you only need to look at his twatter accounts or see the crap he has posted on Exeweb to see that although he is a 15 yr old lad, he likes mixing it with the big boys until he gets shown up. Not forgetting the incredibly "sheltered" Greenbonk shit he produces on the internet.

So yes I apologise for some of the comments I made, but I am sure Cobi has seen and posted worse himself. Cobi wants to be accepted as a "mate", but is a 15 year old annoying little shit, like all 15 year olds are, and as such they really shouldn't be fecking around on forums where abuse and banter is dished out, if he can't take some back. Also your comment about encouraging underage drinking is a valid one, except in one of Cobi's profile pictures, he was holding a can of beer, so again the "shock" of my comments is a little bit over the top.

Maybe the mods on here should either introduce a junior ATD, or put an age limit on members. Then Cobi can either talk about homework or Harry Potter with like-minded non-drinking, sexually inactive spotty teenagers, or he won't be able to piss everyone off on this site.

I could have a pop back about your comment about me being interested in the sexual activities of a 15 yr old lad, but I'll give you the chance to realise that Cobi isn't quite the wall-flower he is trying to make out, and my comments were tongue-in cheek, but innappropriate nonetheless, for which I apologise.

If you're not able to see that, and want to make similar comments in your reply, then we can assess that situation again.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:06 pm

I'm sure that Cobi isn't a picture of innocence but he does seem quite 'impressionable' which is why I thought it was inappropriate to say that to him. I would also suggest, no offence intended to the man himself, that he wouldn't be the quickest to spot tongue in cheek comments, which in fairness isn't always easy to do on the net.

I read back what I wrote to you, and it does sound like I'm insinuating something very unpleasant, this wasn't my intention and I'm sorry. I would be angry if someone wrote that to me, so I apologise, I didn't mean it to come out that way.

I agree with you that Cobi might do better to get out and about and spend less time online, be it here, on twatter or in Stalin's Russia Pasoti. He doesn't seem to be about to do that though, so in the meantime ignoring him seems to be the best option. If he gets too annoying, it seems fair enough to have a go at him, that is the way of the world after all, but we should probably try to remember that he is only young. Mind you, I'm only saying that 'cos I manage to ignore him - if he really gets on your wick it must be so tempting to demolish him!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Thanks Charleymouse. I'm not a complete ogre or fuckwit, but I do sometimes get a bit too blunt for my own good. Glad you posted that before it turned into a big thing. You are right of course, it would be best to ignore him, but sometimes a friendly word of advice, like I gave him, is best Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:18 pm

Good God that profile pic gave me a shock when I opened this page Laughing
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:11 am

It was little extract that i list below that I was criticising and I thought this man(you) has never played a decent standard of football in his life which has probably been confirmed by your avatar. You weren't Ralph Coates in a previous life were you?

I am not a scout nor a manager and never have been but I have watched players over many years and he is one who for me should have been put out to grass at a very early stage in his football life. He has an appaulling attitude, isn't fit and thinks he is Glen Hoddle when in fact he is more Simon Wobble.

It is strange that a lot of professional people in football see something in the guy but obviously they don't have the trained eye that you have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:24 am

gasser9 wrote:
It was little extract that i list below that I was criticising and I thought this man(you) has never played a decent standard of football in his life which has probably been confirmed by your avatar. You weren't Ralph Coates in a previous life were you?

I am not a scout nor a manager and never have been but I have watched players over many years and he is one who for me should have been put out to grass at a very early stage in his football life. He has an appaulling attitude, isn't fit and thinks he is Glen Hoddle when in fact he is more Simon Wobble.

It is strange that a lot of professional people in football see something in the guy but obviously they don't have the trained eye that you have.

I think you're mistaking Sensiblegreeny with me, as it was his comments you decided to question.

I'm glad you like my avatar, twas a special occasion so I slapped on some make-up and put on my gladrags.

I know that SG, goes to every home game, and has done for years, so he does have some qualifications for making those comments.

You on the other hand have joined ATD fairly recently, and every single one of your posts has been to question or deride someone else's opinion. Why are you so shy Gasser9? Go on start a thread yourself. Or just make a comment that doesn't make people think that you might be related to the other 9 family, where Ollie is the main spokesman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:19 am

ZYPH wrote:
I give up.....why is Walton still Captain.........answers on a postcard please.

So obviously no one can answer my question..........not even one postcard. scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:22 am

I can only presume he's a "real" mate of the manager.

Sensiblegreen is one of the fairest minded posters on this site, sometimes a little too green tinted for me but always provides a rational argument and as far as his comments on Simon Walton go I am in 100% agreement.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
I can only presume he's a "real" mate of the manager.

Sensiblegreen is one of the fairest minded posters on this site, sometimes a little too green tinted for me but always provides a rational argument and as far as his comments on Simon Walton go I am in 100% agreement.

Rational when it comes to Walton never.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:07 pm

gasser9 you are selective in your answers to posts. I told you previously that it was my opinion on Walton, that is mine not anyone else's just to emphasise the point. I then asked you that if you do not agree to give your opinion on what makes him good. You have singularly failed to state one attribute you think he has. Just as an aside to that, what difference does it make if I have not played football myself at any level let alone a higher one? Have you? It wasn't my ability at playing the game that was part of the original question as far as I can see. Who did Wenger play for or Ericson?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 6:50 pm

I had a quick gander on Pasoti, as that's where all the people who know about football congregate, and they are having a player of the season poll. Currently Simon Walton has 4% of the vote, and Paul Wotton has 2%.

This is not Argyle Talk Democratic slagging off Simon Walton. Not many people rate him or think he's had a great season.

He does have more votes than Alex Macdonald though, which I find totally bizarre, as he is the classiest player in our team in my opinion. Interestingly, the overwhelming majority have voted for Blanchard, who probably deserves it, and Purse. Other than these two centre-backs, hardly anyone else musters a vote. Jake Cole has 3rd place and the only attacking player to warrant a vote as I write this, is Macdonald. I guess that shows what an absolutely awful season it has been again for Argyle fans, and how great it would be to see some attacking play now and again. That's what would tempt a few more fans I reckon. Not having to endure a 90 minute backs to the wall, hoofing the ball out of defence, performance week after week.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Not a lot any of us can say re this season-now we are hopefully reasonably safe I think we all want to see the back of this bloody alwful season and finish off with a win against Cheltenham.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:38 pm

Just noticed on PASOTI there is a post titled "credit to Walton" with quite a few replies re his performance yesterday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:20 pm

gasser9 I'm still waiting for you to tell me what you think Walton's attributes actually are. You berated me for saying he was rubbish so you must think he is good and have some attributes somewhere or is it a secret?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Walton knows that when the Ref flicks the coin it will come down heads or tails....and if it comes down piggy in the mud it will be flicked again......not a lot of people know that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Considering you have been on site this evening and posted on another thread since my post above gasser9 I assume you cannot think of any attributes that Walton might have and have conceeded the debate. Nice talking to you.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:46 am

Greenjock wrote:
I had a quick gander on Pasoti, as that's where all the people who know about football congregate, and they are having a player of the season poll. Currently Simon Walton has 4% of the vote, and Paul Wotton has 2%.

This is not Argyle Talk Democratic slagging off Simon Walton. Not many people rate him or think he's had a great season.

He does have more votes than Alex Macdonald though, which I find totally bizarre, as he is the classiest player in our team in my opinion. Interestingly, the overwhelming majority have voted for Blanchard, who probably deserves it, and Purse. Other than these two centre-backs, hardly anyone else musters a vote. Jake Cole has 3rd place and the only attacking player to warrant a vote as I write this, is Macdonald. I guess that shows what an absolutely awful season it has been again for Argyle fans, and how great it would be to see some attacking play now and again. That's what would tempt a few more fans I reckon. Not having to endure a 90 minute backs to the wall, hoofing the ball out of defence, performance week after week.

Because he only has 4% of the vote doesn't make him a bad player.
Blanchard and Purse have 85% of the vote and Walton is third. Strange that out of a squad of 22 or more Walton is third leaving 18 or more below him so in that context he is rated quite highly and that as you say is from a place where people know about football congregate.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 2:47 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
gasser9 you are selective in your answers to posts. I told you previously that it was my opinion on Walton, that is mine not anyone else's just to emphasise the point. I then asked you that if you do not agree to give your opinion on what makes him good. You have singularly failed to state one attribute you think he has. Just as an aside to that, what difference does it make if I have not played football myself at any level let alone a higher one? Have you? It wasn't my ability at playing the game that was part of the original question as far as I can see. Who did Wenger play for or Ericson?

For every one Arsene Wenger I will give you a dozen Alex Fergusons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Given you made comment about my user name previously I will respond by saying I can see where your's comes from now. Clearly full of hot air and little else. From what I can gather your pressing argument is that he is sitting third with 4% of votes in a poll so ergo he ust be good. Wow, startling credentials there then.

I am well aware that most managers are ex football players. However my point was that you actually don't have to be to be considered to know something about football as the two named prove. Incidently, what club did you play for to give you so much extra knowledge.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:20 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Given you made comment about my user name previously I will respond by saying I can see where your's comes from now. Clearly full of hot air and little else. From what I can gather your pressing argument is that he is sitting third with 4% of votes in a poll so ergo he ust be good. Wow, startling credentials there then.

I am well aware that most managers are ex football players. However my point was that you actually don't have to be to be considered to know something about football as the two named prove. Incidently, what club did you play for to give you so much extra knowledge.

You are twisting the argument. In your opinion Walton isn't worth a toss but for all the people who go most weeks he is voted third out of twenty four which says to me that he can't be as bad as you say. I didn't say he was good but if the faithful think that he's third why don't you aim you venom at others who are clearly not as good as Walton.

Where do I get my extra football knowledge.........Plymstock Under 13's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Nothing wrong with Plymstock under 13's gasser9 but it seems following your jibe at me for not having played at some high level you haven't either. I'm not twisting anything. You said my opinion of Walton was wrong. I accept that all things football are pretty much opinion but you must have a reason for thinking the way you do. All I'm asking you to do is not just call me stupid or at least imply that but to give me a reason why you think differently. It's not rocket science it's called having an opinion and stating it giving reasons to back it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Walton still captain?   Why is Walton still captain? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Walton still captain?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2