Flat_Track_Bully
RegGreen
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 9:04 am

Rooney is one of the BBC's pundits for the Euros this summer. Who will be doing the transfer business etc while he is swanning around Germany on TV.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 10:27 am

Be a shocking appointment !
Seems we’re the only ones F#%kin stupid enough to give him a job
As for money EFL is union based so I reckon he will be on minimum wage it allows plus his not in the position to demand or dictate what he earns here if he wants to break back into the game/job with such a appalling managerial record to date plus he don’t need the money anyway Absolutely shocking appointment If this true ..finally the lunatics have finally taken over at the Asylum ffs it’ will be only a matter of time before it goes tits up and when it does there all have to go there be no recovering from this one for all of em dewsnip parky the board & Hallett himself
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 10:39 am

RegGreen wrote:
As for money EFL is union based so I reckon he will be on minimum wage it allows plus his not in the position to demand  or dictate what he earns here  if he wants to break back into the game/job with such a appalling managerial record to date  plus he don’t need the money anyway Absolutely shocking appointment If this true ..finally the lunatics have finally taken over at the Asylum ffs it’ will be only a matter of time before it goes tits up  and when it does there all have to go there be no recovering from this one for all of em dewsnip parky the board & Hallett himself

ill add one more thing to my post as you mentioned it at the end and it makes sense. If rooney flops i want Hallet to put the club up for sale after he's sacked Dewsnip. The wheel needs to be broken and replaced and i rather the fans didnt turn on hallett which they will do if the club dont invest in the transfer budget, rooney flops and we are signing 18 year old kids again.

the club needs to make money off the pitch in many ways so why is he so reluctant to build the corner stands and increase the attendance at home park while the demand is hot to generate more income on match days over building a youth club with a womens refuge at teh brickfields which wont draw the club a dime.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 10:46 am

Freathy wrote:
Rooney is one of the BBC's pundits for the Euros this summer.  Who will be doing the transfer business etc while he is swanning around Germany on TV.

I would hope he would bin this off to commit, that would be a start
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 11:29 am

Has he been announced yet?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 12:35 pm

seadog wrote:
Has he been announced yet?

Wayne Rooney is set to return to management with Plymouth Argyle, with the Championship club set to confirm his appointment as head coach on Saturday, according to reports.

But will not meet the press until Monday because of the concerts this weekend
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 1:22 pm

Official announcement

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 1:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Keyholder

Keyholder

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 1:27 pm

That's it then, Scouser Mk IV
Back to top Go down
http://argyletalkdemocratic.forumotion.co.uk
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 1:29 pm

Strangely, I don't now feel quite as negative about this appointment as I did Foster.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 1:34 pm

Let's face it, he can't be any worse.

He must be able to garner respect from the players as an actual skilled player himself.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 1:37 pm

Grovehill wrote:
I can't see that Barry is much different from Foster tbh. Never been the man in charge, just been part of a team of coaches usually under a tracksuited type of manager. He's currently the "free kick" coach at Bayern, so not even dealing with all aspects of a game.

I think the next man will evoke the same reaction from most fans-"Never heard of him, I'll google him"

How wrong was I!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 1:43 pm

Argyle now the only Club to be managed by the two most capped England players!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 1:44 pm

The good news is

First-team coaches Kevin Nancekivell and Simon Ireland, and goalkeeping coach Daryl Flahavan will form part of Rooney’s backroom staff, with further additions to be made in due course.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 1:52 pm

FFS!!!!!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Whatswrongwithyoumalibu

Whatswrongwithyoumalibu

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 2:55 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Argyle now the only Club to be managed by the two most capped England players!

Yes very good point ! We are surprised as I'd imagine most are but could well be an inspired appointment
Time will tell but good luck Wayne
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 3:09 pm

Freathy wrote:
Strangely, I don't now feel quite as negative about this appointment as I did Foster.

Just clinging to the hope that his results at Derby were a more accurate guide to his ability than the shocking ones at Birmingham-to be fair there were a lot of fans who were put out of joint by the sacking of Eustace and who didn't want Rooney there in the first place. Anyway, we can but hope-certainly not my first choice but good luck to him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 4:02 pm

its going to end in tears and im not getting involved with it anymore.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 4:29 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
As for money EFL is union based so I reckon he will be on minimum wage it allows plus his not in the position to demand  or dictate what he earns here  if he wants to break back into the game/job with such a appalling managerial record to date  plus he don’t need the money anyway Absolutely shocking appointment If this true ..finally the lunatics have finally taken over at the Asylum ffs it’ will be only a matter of time before it goes tits up  and when it does there all have to go there be no recovering from this one for all of em dewsnip parky the board & Hallett himself

ill add one more thing to my post as you mentioned it at the end and it makes sense. If rooney flops i want Hallet to put the club up for sale after he's sacked Dewsnip. The wheel needs to be broken and replaced and i rather the fans didnt turn on hallett which they will do if the club dont invest in the transfer budget, rooney flops and we are signing 18 year old kids again.

the club needs to make money off the pitch in many ways so why is he so reluctant to build the corner stands and increase the attendance at home park while the demand is hot to generate more income on match days over building a youth club with a womens refuge at teh brickfields which wont draw the club a dime.
No but it makes nice earner for Hallett though brickfields ..it’s being fronted by the Argyle community trust which is a charity and running separately from football club so there be getting grants and subsidies left right and centre there be tapping up charities such as sport England plus the tax breaks as on it all as well..and if and when if it ever gets built they the will hand it over to the football club and bobs your uncle when hallett decides sell up its a nice little chunk added to the price for himself basically for nothing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 5:28 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

No but it makes nice earner for Hallett though brickfields ..it’s being fronted by the Argyle community trust which is a charity and running separately from football club so there be getting grants and subsidies left right and centre there be tapping up charities such as sport England plus the tax breaks as on it all as well..and if and when if it ever gets built they the will hand it over to the football club and bobs your uncle when hallett decides sell up its a nice little chunk added to the price for himself basically for nothing

its an earner for him if he sells it absolutely but its benefits before that interms of income for the club isnt worth it over two new cornerstands. Some say it will help with the development of youth players we already have these facilities at manadon, saltash and goals i dont see a sudden increase in players who will make first team impacts cause they are training at brickfields.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 7:10 pm

Probably best for Argo fans not to look at the comments section on the BBC story LOL
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2024 10:10 pm

A big following

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2024 8:25 am

If Wayne Rooney was seen as the best of the bunch how bad were the other candidates thats what i want to know.

i see the spin is already been put in place over that with the old lie "lots of interest from top candidates but after an extensive search and interview process we decided to ignore them and hire the scouse mate of dewsnip....again"
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2024 9:33 am

If it goes wrong, as most think it will, hallett has to act early i.e. sack Rooney and Dewsnip within the first couple of months.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2024 1:55 pm

To be honest it looks like a case of a manager who no one was willing to hire meets a club no one was keen to manage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

PAFC manager vacancy latest
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next