Flat_Track_Bully
RegGreen
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:41 pm

it's becoming all too real

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:42 pm

It's reported Rooney has held talks with the club, who narrowly avoided relegation back to League One this season.

He is now in serious contention to take over as manager.

Ex-Everton academy boss turned Plymouth director of football Neil Dewnsip is understood to be the driver behind the interest in Rooney.

The Pilgrims have been without a permanent manager since Ian Foster's departure in April.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:47 pm

Oh no not another Dewsnip inspired disaster!!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:53 pm

When Rooney is sacked dewsnip must be sacked along with him. Need to make sure Warnock is primed and ready to step in at VERY short notice.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 11:01 am

As Bring me the Horizon said:

Please remain calm
The end has arrived
We cannot save you
Enjoy the ride!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:33 pm

Mook wrote:
As Bring me the Horizon said:

Please remain calm
The end has arrived
We cannot save you
Enjoy the ride!
tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:35 pm

[quote="Freathy"]When Rooney is sacked dewsnip must be sacked along with him.  Need to make sure Warnock is primed and ready to step in at VERY short notice. 👍
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 2:24 pm

Football aside Rooney would be great for Argyle-higher media profile, better advertising and sponsorship sales etc. His salary would be easily covered by the increase in revenue.

But footballwise I think he'd be a disaster-a manager who's results were actually worse than Foster's.

But Rooney plus a good coach (not a "name," a good coach) might actually work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 3:04 pm

Tgwu wrote:

It's reported Rooney has held talks with the club, who narrowly avoided relegation back to League One this season.

He is now in serious contention to take over as manager.

Ex-Everton academy boss turned Plymouth director of football Neil Dewnsip is understood to be the driver behind the interest in Rooney.

The Pilgrims have been without a permanent manager since Ian Foster's departure in April.

dewsnip needs to be sacked if this is true. There needs to be more credentials for any new manager/head coach of this club than being scouse and a mate. rooney is not a good coach nor manager the success he had at derby was more down to who he had around him ie rosenior as his assistant who got the best out of what they had going. All Rooney would bring to this club is a media circus and not one that will bring money or fortune.

end this bollox heads of departments running areas of the first team taking away the power of a manager and lets hire an actual manager and let him decide who we sign or let go, how we play to get results how we train off the pitch, given a budget etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 3:28 pm

I've seen nothing" - Simon Jordan questions Plymouth Argyle interest in Wayne Rooney

Former Birmingham City manager Wayne Rooney is in contention for the vacant managerial position at Plymouth Argyle.

Former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan says he has "seen nothing" in Wayne Rooney's managerial career to suggest that he would be a success at Plymouth Argyle.

The Pilgrims are on the hunt for a permanent replacement for Ian Foster, who was sacked in April after a disappointing three-month spell at Home Park.

Simon Jordan reacts to Wayne Rooney to Plymouth Argyle speculation

Read More

Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 6:06 pm

Well Rooney is definitely under consideration. If it was just one of the usual inaccurate football rumours the club would have denied it by now, given the backlash the rumour has recieved.

If he's our best option, who else was on the shortlist, Liz Truss??? Hard to understand what the thinking is here. Only things I can think of:
  • He's offered to work for free, or on a rolling contract, so he can be dumped cheaply if it doesn't work out?
  • It's part of a Dewsnip power grab - Rooney acts as a 'puppet' manager while Dewsnip pulls the strings behind him - sold to the board as Dewsnip 'advising' Rooney? If it goes south it'll be Rooney who gets the sack and Dewsnip can have a look at his facebook friends list again to find the next manager (while also acting as 'interim' manager again in the meantime.

Agree that whoever is appointed, if it doesn't work out then Dewsnip has to go too. Feels a lot like the club aren't making themselves attractive enough for even half-decent coaches, and so we are becoming reliant on Dewsnip's 'Contacts'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 6:33 pm

This is way past the rumour stage. The club are more than happy to let the story be covered by all major news outlets. This only happens when clubs are 100% sure they have their man and the only thing left is the official announcement with a pic of Shrek holding up an Argo scarf in front of the Mayflower.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 7:17 pm

The spud faced nipper to be our new manager?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 8:06 pm

Rooney wants to appoint three coaches:

Joey Barton, Ryan Giggs and Gilfi Siggurdsson  

(This is obviously a joke but Rooney has twice before signed Ravel Morrison who has been in court more times than Judge Judy)
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 8:26 pm

Being announced tomorrow apparently.

I’ve got to the stage that I just feel like laughing now.

When this goes tits up, Dewsnip needs to join Wayne on the next fckin bus North.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 8:43 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Being announced tomorrow apparently.

I’ve got to the stage that I just feel like laughing now.

When this goes tits up, Dewsnip needs to join Wayne on the next fckin bus North.

Yep raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 8:44 pm

Wonder if Wayne's small part will play a small part in his motivation technique,as apparently it did when he was in the states?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 9:16 pm

The naked cleaner's Granny is moist with anticipation.
Back to top Go down
Halmosi's left foot

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 10:01 pm

It's beyond any rational explanation the club can possibly offer. It looks like a bonkers appointment.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 10:48 pm

Yep can't wait to hear hallet's explanation. It should be a corker.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptyFri May 24, 2024 11:48 pm

FFS!
I really do hope it’s not Rooney. He will be a disaster so we might as well get ready for league 1 in 25/26 season.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2024 12:07 am

FFS Dewsnip should have been sacked for the foster fiasco let alone this shit ! What’s wrong with hallett in all this has he got his head up his own arse does he not know any other people / directors of football in this industry other than this clown dewsnip it’s if they ain’t got a clue to what there doing
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2024 12:14 am

seadog wrote:
The naked cleaner's Granny is moist with anticipation.
lol! She’s about the only one & a couple of super fan jizzers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2024 8:23 am

I didnt have Rooney down as a "yes man" but it seems he's happy to get paid rather alot i would guess obviously nothing like the money he was on playing for man utd and let others in office positions tell him what to do and how to do it.

Meanwhile other more suitable managers or even head coaches who we should be looking at more and making this job more attractive to them to want to come here so one of them could help build foundation's for the team to be a secure championship team at least on the pitch. Those types aren't going to give us a second glance at the moment with the restrictions in place for the job since schumacher left and who is making the decisions and signing the players over them rendering them obsolete.

I'm sure the club's PR team are hard at work now getting the announcement posts ready making out Rooney is the best singing the club has ever made which if he was still playing in his prime that would be very true but we aren't getting the player we are getting the head coach who doesnt have the best record at all and took over a Birmingham City team in the playoffs and doing well at the time into the relegation zone and they never recovered from it and were relegated. In what realm is that seen as a good appointment.

I don't have a good feeling about this at all i don't see this being for long come what may as Rooney if either going to walk in frustration or get the boot by Christmas. I would like to be proven wrong here but i just dont see it this current model the board want to operate under for the first team doesnt work and needs to be abandoned no matter who takes over they are on a hiding to nothing from day one.

I have said before and others have too if Rooney does indeed fail Dewsnip needs to be sacked no ifs or buts about it as this will be the second time he's hired a scouse mate for a job they aren't suited for just so he can be de-facto manager in the background.

Last edited by Angry on Sat May 25, 2024 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 EmptySat May 25, 2024 8:49 am

In the words of Basil Fawlty

"Perhaps it's a dream
[bangs head on desk]
No, it's not a dream - we're stuck with it"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

PAFC manager vacancy latest
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next