Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 PAFC manager vacancy latest

Go down 
+12
seadog
Jambo Pasty
Les Miserable
Whatswrongwithyoumalibu
Greenskin
Czarcasm
Grovehill
Mook
Freathy
Tgwu
Flat_Track_Bully
RegGreen
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest




PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyWed May 15, 2024 7:03 pm

Talk is that 3 potential managers of the club have been invited back for a 2nd interview. Rosenior, Skubala and Hoff Thorup. Interesting the last one, the team he currently manages are 3rd in the Danish Superleague and could win it!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5897
Join date : 2015-07-08

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyWed May 15, 2024 8:30 pm

Wont be any of them they don’t fit the criteria 1 being a retchy scouser 2 being nice & cheap and 3 no control over what players that come in …as for the danish geezer behave !
In my opinion I’d go with Steve Cooper experienced championship manager been to the PL as well …but I can’t see a manager like that not in control of the budget & the players he wants ..so I’ve got a bad feeling there gunna go down the exactly same route again another unknown first job type
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully


Posts : 961
Join date : 2012-04-24

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyWed May 15, 2024 8:48 pm

Larry Churchward wrote:
Talk is that 3 potential managers of the club have been invited back for a 2nd interview. Rosenior, Skubala and Hoff Thorup. Interesting the last one, the team he currently manages are 3rd in the Danish Superleague and could win it!

Skubala has done well at Lincoln, but has only been in charge for half a season, and that's his first managerial role.
Thorup is also currently on his first managerial job, and seems to have done well, but it's the Danish league! His current team have a 10k stadium, so I'm guessing the quality of the league isn't exactly high!
Rosenior's had a couple of seasons at Hull, and has improved on their league finish each time. Also had a brief, but reasonably successful interim stint at Derby.

Looks like we're definitely going for the cheap and inexperienced route. If this rumour is true I'd be hoping for Rosenior, who at least knows the league and has a bit more experience than the other two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Guest
Guest




PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyWed May 15, 2024 9:17 pm

Who knows if true or not, I found it surfing the web this evening but am unable to trace it now so could be fake!? We shall see!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 14550
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyWed May 15, 2024 9:34 pm

From another Site

2nd April

8 candidates interviewed the last few days with 3 standing out. In a bid to avoid another “Foster” scenario, Argyle have invited 3 of the candidates back for a second round of interviews. These are believed to be Liam Rosenior, Johannes Hoff Thorup and Michael Skubala.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyWed May 15, 2024 10:28 pm

Could be true then. Hoff Thorup is an interesting name, his team are 4th in the Danish Superleague, that league is as strong as the top teams in the Championship in my opinion. Copenhagen played in the Champions League this year, look at their results!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 14550
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyWed May 15, 2024 11:51 pm

Birmingham City shortlist Liam Rosenior for manager role

Birmingham City have shortlisted Liam Rosenior as a potential candidate should their manager’s job become available, sources have told Football Insider.

Tony Mowbray’s health is believed to be improving, but his current situation means he is considered unlikely at this point to return to the dugout next season.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7051
Join date : 2011-05-12

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 7:35 am

Tgwu wrote:
Birmingham City shortlist Liam Rosenior for manager role

Birmingham City have shortlisted Liam Rosenior as a potential candidate should their manager’s job become available, sources have told Football Insider.

Tony Mowbray’s health is believed to be improving, but his current situation means he is considered unlikely at this point to return to the dugout next season.

That's where he will go. Bigger club, wealthy owners, much bigger budget, more potential etc. etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Mook

Mook


Posts : 485
Join date : 2017-10-01
Location : Paignton

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 11:26 am

Freathy wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Birmingham City shortlist Liam Rosenior for manager role

Birmingham City have shortlisted Liam Rosenior as a potential candidate should their manager’s job become available, sources have told Football Insider.

Tony Mowbray’s health is believed to be improving, but his current situation means he is considered unlikely at this point to return to the dugout next season.

That's where he will go.  Bigger club, wealthy owners, much bigger budget, more potential etc. etc. etc.  

Looks like you're right, he's turned us down.

Next!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2240
Join date : 2012-01-24

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:50 pm

Skubala looking for another job 6 months after joining Lincoln?

Doesn't look like the sort to see a job through.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 10232
Join date : 2011-10-23

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 3:09 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Skubala looking for another job 6 months after joining Lincoln?

Doesn't look like the sort to see a job through.

A bit like Lowe and Shuey, then.

Tbh there aren’t many managers who aren’t mercenaries when it comes to doubling or tripling their salaries. And as far as club integrity goes, I guess we’d be doing to Lincoln what Preston and Stoke did to us.

‘Tis all about where you are in the food chain innit.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2240
Join date : 2012-01-24

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 4:12 pm

At least Lowe and Shuey managed more than half a season!

Wouldn't want Argyle to have a Manager who isn't here as long as a loanee.


But then, watching Pasoti melt down with constant "next manager" threads might be fun.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2240
Join date : 2012-01-24

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 4:20 pm

Mook wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Birmingham City shortlist Liam Rosenior for manager role

Birmingham City have shortlisted Liam Rosenior as a potential candidate should their manager’s job become available, sources have told Football Insider.

Tony Mowbray’s health is believed to be improving, but his current situation means he is considered unlikely at this point to return to the dugout next season.

That's where he will go.  Bigger club, wealthy owners, much bigger budget, more potential etc. etc. etc.  

Looks like you're right, he's turned us down.

Next!


Rosenior wants to remain a resident of Derbyshire apparently.


Given that Foster lasted less than three months, Birmingham, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed. and QPR's revolving door recruitment policy and Barnsley sacking their Manager a week before the playoffs, perhaps only working within an easy commute of your home is a good idea.

Anyone know if Matt Taylor still has a house in the Exeter area?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5897
Join date : 2015-07-08

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 5:34 pm

What do expect  No decent or experience championship manager in there right mind would take a job where he as no control over players budget and naming his own backroom staff …all this is out of there hands with any new incumbent! And anyone that is decent won’t stand for it …got a bad feeling there gunna go with another first job type who’s just happy to have a job & wont ask questions and happy with shit dewsnip parky hallett give him 
Grovehill wrote:
Mook wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Birmingham City shortlist Liam Rosenior for manager role

Birmingham City have shortlisted Liam Rosenior as a potential candidate should their manager’s job become available, sources have told Football Insider.

Tony Mowbray’s health is believed to be improving, but his current situation means he is considered unlikely at this point to return to the dugout next season.

That's where he will go.  Bigger club, wealthy owners, much bigger budget, more potential etc. etc. etc.  

Looks like you're right, he's turned us down.

Next!


Rosenior wants to remain a resident of Derbyshire apparently.


Given that Foster lasted less than three months, Birmingham, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed. and QPR's revolving door recruitment policy and Barnsley sacking their Manager a week before the playoffs, perhaps only working within an easy commute of your home is a good idea.

Anyone know if Matt Taylor still has a house in the Exeter area?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7051
Join date : 2011-05-12

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 7:31 pm

Discussions were going so well then he just had to ask about the budget
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 8:16 pm

RegGreen wrote:
What do expect  No decent or experience championship manager in there right mind would take a job where he as no control over players budget and naming his own backroom staff …all this is out of there hands with any new incumbent! And anyone that is decent won’t stand for it …got a bad feeling there gunna go with another first job type who’s just happy to have a job & wont ask questions and happy with shit dewsnip parky hallett give him 
Grovehill wrote:
Mook wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Birmingham City shortlist Liam Rosenior for manager role

Birmingham City have shortlisted Liam Rosenior as a potential candidate should their manager’s job become available, sources have told Football Insider.

Tony Mowbray’s health is believed to be improving, but his current situation means he is considered unlikely at this point to return to the dugout next season.

That's where he will go.  Bigger club, wealthy owners, much bigger budget, more potential etc. etc. etc.  

Looks like you're right, he's turned us down.

Next!


Rosenior wants to remain a resident of Derbyshire apparently.


Given that Foster lasted less than three months, Birmingham, Huddersfield, Sheff Wed. and QPR's revolving door recruitment policy and Barnsley sacking their Manager a week before the playoffs, perhaps only working within an easy commute of your home is a good idea.

Anyone know if Matt Taylor still has a house in the Exeter area?

couldnt put it better myself.  No manager worth his salt is going to want to take over a club when it has publicly stated by the club that they will control how we play and what players we sign and who he has to work with and under. why would anyone we could benefit from and need to have in charge for the next few years at least while we put foundations down for a championship club want to take charge under those conditions.  It will be another unknown coach taking over as you say and the cycle will continue.

Foster wasnt the right man to begin with but the way the club supported him when he started was shocking and they only started to give him the backroom staff he needed that wasnt a sycophant coach who seems to have a job for life and the gk coach they hired was near the end of his ill fated reign. we had no one in charge of fitness and it showed no assisting but dewsnip who is not a coach or manager and never has been except when he holds the fort here he has served in admin roles and youth coaching his whole career aside from teaching in schools no other coach either. I really hope the board who ever the hire dont repeat the mistakes they made with foster or we will see a regular turn over of head coaches while this new regime of first team management remains.


Last edited by Angry on Thu May 16, 2024 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6134
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 8:48 pm

Norwich manager could be available after tonight! lol!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5897
Join date : 2015-07-08

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 9:05 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Norwich manager could be available after tonight! lol! 
tbh there’s quite a few decent mangers in the bundesliga & Bundesliga 2 if we went down that route we could do a lot worse ..but again they wouldn’t stand it for it the dewsnip & parky scenario as well though
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 14550
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 9:48 pm

Carlton Palmer thinks Plymouth Argyle should make Anthony Barry their new manager

Here, we asked former Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Carlton Palmer for his thoughts on who could be the next Plymouth Argyle manager after Liam Rosenior rejected the role.

He exclusively told Football League World: “Plymouth Argyle are still searching for a new manager, after they dismissed Ian Foster after a poor run of results and performances.

“I think it was more to do with the way Plymouth were playing that Foster was dismissed. A caretaker came in, and they managed to steer the ship to safety.

“So, now they are still in the hunt for a new manager. They were looking for Liam Rosenior, who had done a fantastic job at Hull City, but apparently, he has turned the job down.

“Yeah, I think they have got to go for somebody like they have done in the past, that is unknown. So, Anthony Barry has been linked with the job. He has never taken a full-time managerial job before, but he has worked with Roberto Martinez at national level, he has worked with the German side, and he has had a couple of number two roles.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 10:21 pm

Ok sounds like we are going to get a manager that will have to fit in with the crew that run Argyle. My only hope is that it will be someone with great contacts for loan players that are actual Championship quality this time because it's the only way we will stay up. We are totally reliant on good loan signings as we know for a fact we won't spend much or at all on transfers, Cooper and Whittaker sold or not.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2240
Join date : 2012-01-24

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyThu May 16, 2024 10:24 pm

I can't see that Barry is much different from Foster tbh. Never been the man in charge, just been part of a team of coaches usually under a tracksuited type of manager. He's currently the "free kick" coach at Bayern, so not even dealing with all aspects of a game.


I think the next man will evoke the same reaction from most fans-"Never heard of him, I'll google him"
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2240
Join date : 2012-01-24

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyFri May 17, 2024 1:36 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Norwich manager could be available after tonight! lol!



Sacked today!
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully


Posts : 961
Join date : 2012-04-24

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyFri May 17, 2024 6:05 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Norwich manager could be available after tonight! lol!



Sacked today!

Is it too much to hope that Hallet might be on the blower to Wagner to see if he fancies a trip west?
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7051
Join date : 2011-05-12

PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyFri May 17, 2024 6:40 pm

I get the feeling we are going to be EXTREMELY underwhelmed
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:00 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Norwich manager could be available after tonight! lol!



Sacked today!

Is it too much to hope that Hallet might be on the blower to Wagner to see if he fancies a trip west?

he wont come here for the reasons already stated in the thread.  

if football manager is anything to go by the club keep hiring ryan mason from tottenham in that game that has been updated to remove foster as manager.


Last edited by Angry on Fri May 17, 2024 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty
PostSubject: Re: PAFC manager vacancy latest   PAFC manager vacancy latest Empty

Back to top Go down
 
PAFC manager vacancy latest
Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» And the NEW!! PAFC Manager is.... Derek Adams
» latest barnet
» Cluster**** Latest
» Oldway latest
» Forcasting League

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: