Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!

Go down 
+9
Dog Bone Malone
Graiser
RegGreen
Freathy
Greenskin
Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
Grovehill
Les Miserable
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 5:02 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
One of my bheys was saying what a nightmares it is quoting at the moment with materials and labour going up almost daily, he said no one is offering fixed price quotes as everyone and everything is putting prices up.almost daily. Could be massive ratifications for Brickfields and HP.

i would like to think the club have wised up over the years about announcing projects and then renegging blaming costs and stuff like they did all throughout the brent era. I would like to believe they had the quotes and things in place ready to act bar planning permission which would come later before they announced this project and dismissed building the corner stands.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 5:48 pm

Greenskin wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Never fear good people, all is well-the Sage of Sussex has pontificated;

Jeez, the capacity is just fine, its exactly the right thing to do to prioritise our academy status over new bleddy seats that'll sit empty in a couple of years.

Wake the issue up about new seating when 2-3 years into the next Championship stint as we find our feet while inevitably not winning every week...the ground is STILL getting sold out. It didn't happen last time and it won't happen next time. Fickle is the Argyle fans middle name, Impatient is its stage name.

This news is brilliant, it'll be huge for Argyle long term. I'm so glad we're run by people who can see the bigger picture. No short-termism... 'just give the people what they're demanding and maybe they'll be happy' (spoiler alert - they won't be!)... but looking to the horizon, beyond the horizon even.

We very nearly went to the wall having run up £17m debts trying to appease the shouty section of the fanbase with their stupid 'speculate to accumulate' transfer policy demands. What good did all that 'build it and they'll come' bullpoop give us... so much cash spent in transfer fees and wages chasing the unattainable, good money after bad.

Now. Taking into consideration inflation had not even half of all that wasted money in the late noughties been spent doing what's proposed here instead, we would not have spent the last decade or more in the doldrums.

Please everyone, stop telling this board how to spend their money... this lot actually know what they're doing.

New seats my 'arris, speculate to accumulate my 'arris. This sort of thing isn't just 'slowly slowly catchy monkey organic growth' this is M&S slowly slowly catchy monkey organic growth... on steroids.

Geddon Mr H

Obnoxious cnut.
The sussex throbber at his finest, loves nothing better than slagging off fickle argyle fans while never leaving his Crawley shithole! up there with Jimmy's jester, and the rest of the arselickers who lapped up six years of fourth division dogshit, and never any investment.

The sage surpassed himself the other day by saying that he preferred Karl Duguid to Akos! lol! lol! lol! Nothing against Karl who was a decent, hard working pro but not in the same stratosphere as Buzz.

Top throbbing is that.

Akos with one foot was better than Duguid
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 6:29 pm

Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Never fear good people, all is well-the Sage of Sussex has pontificated;

Jeez, the capacity is just fine, its exactly the right thing to do to prioritise our academy status over new bleddy seats that'll sit empty in a couple of years.

Wake the issue up about new seating when 2-3 years into the next Championship stint as we find our feet while inevitably not winning every week...the ground is STILL getting sold out. It didn't happen last time and it won't happen next time. Fickle is the Argyle fans middle name, Impatient is its stage name.

This news is brilliant, it'll be huge for Argyle long term. I'm so glad we're run by people who can see the bigger picture. No short-termism... 'just give the people what they're demanding and maybe they'll be happy' (spoiler alert - they won't be!)... but looking to the horizon, beyond the horizon even.

We very nearly went to the wall having run up £17m debts trying to appease the shouty section of the fanbase with their stupid 'speculate to accumulate' transfer policy demands. What good did all that 'build it and they'll come' bullpoop give us... so much cash spent in transfer fees and wages chasing the unattainable, good money after bad.

Now. Taking into consideration inflation had not even half of all that wasted money in the late noughties been spent doing what's proposed here instead, we would not have spent the last decade or more in the doldrums.

Please everyone, stop telling this board how to spend their money... this lot actually know what they're doing.

New seats my 'arris, speculate to accumulate my 'arris. This sort of thing isn't just 'slowly slowly catchy monkey organic growth' this is M&S slowly slowly catchy monkey organic growth... on steroids.

Geddon Mr H

Obnoxious cnut.
The sussex throbber at his finest, loves nothing better than slagging off fickle argyle fans while never leaving his Crawley shithole! up there with Jimmy's jester, and the rest of the arselickers who lapped up six years of fourth division dogshit, and never any investment.

The sage surpassed himself the other day by saying that he preferred Karl Duguid to Akos! lol! lol! lol! Nothing against Karl who was a decent, hard working pro but not in the same stratosphere as Buzz.

Top throbbing is that.

Akos with one foot was better than Duguid

Akos only had one foot! affraid

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 8:26 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
One of my bheys was saying what a nightmares it is quoting at the moment with materials and labour going up almost daily, he said no one is offering fixed price quotes as everyone and everything is putting prices up.almost daily. Could be massive ratifications for Brickfields and HP.

i would like to think the club have wised up over the years about announcing projects and then renegging blaming costs and stuff like they did all throughout the brent era. I would like to believe they had the quotes and things in place ready to act bar planning permission which would come later before they announced this project and dismissed building the corner stands.

But fixed quotes are a thing of the past, funnily enough I was reading the PASOTI capacity thread last night and that bloke that used to be an ATD'er (Graham Clark) was saying the same thing in regards to the grandstand. Anyone that does quote like that won't be in business soon. Vote Tory, vote third world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 12, 2023 7:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

An update on this project.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 6:11 am

Looks promising and money from the tories!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 3:42 pm

seadog wrote:
Looks promising and money from the tories!
That a be a first Very Happy ..I thought labour was back in over all control at Plymouth council
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3