Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!

Go down 
+9
Dog Bone Malone
Graiser
RegGreen
Freathy
Greenskin
Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
Grovehill
Les Miserable
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 5:56 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
The more I think about this the weirder it seems. The OP suggests that we are.buying Brickfields but I am not so sure, to me it looks like we are investing in the site, I am sure contracts will be drawn up giving Argyle rights to it and some kind of out if it goes wrong but I think it will remain a PCC site. It will obviously reflect on the balance sheet of the club somewhere but not as a material asset like the goals site will do.
I have long been a fan of having an academy but I can't see how we will ever develop enough players to offset the cost of running this massive site with many buildings and pitches? What would that take, 1x Mason a year to break even?

quite right

mods can the thread title please be changed to argyle to do something at the brickfields please
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 7:52 pm

Argyle statement mentions that PCC retains ownership with nominal rent on a long lease, same as Harper’s Park.
As PAFC are to manage the complex I assume that Albion and other stakeholders will pay rent to PAFC
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 8:45 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
The more I think about this the weirder it seems. The OP suggests that we are.buying Brickfields but I am not so sure, to me it looks like we are investing in the site, I am sure contracts will be drawn up giving Argyle rights to it and some kind of out if it goes wrong but I think it will remain a PCC site. It will obviously reflect on the balance sheet of the club somewhere but not as a material asset like the goals site will do.
I have long been a fan of having an academy but I can't see how we will ever develop enough players to offset the cost of running this massive site with many buildings and pitches? What would that take, 1x Mason a year to break even?

Tax advantages? Turning a lump some into a "business" that might make a loss every year, thereby evading Taxation?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 8:55 pm

has it been mentioned anywhere what will happen to the athletics track with all this redevelopment?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 9:28 am

Angry wrote:
has it been mentioned anywhere what will happen to the athletics track with all this redevelopment?

I was talking to a runner and they said track upgrades were a part of this. Community sells these days and it's only right these sorts of facilities piggyback off schemes like these. My sister and I used to do a lot of athletics as teenagers, 1970's, and we went to train with Exeter Falcons twice a week because their training setup was much better, seems a bit of a theme.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 5:33 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:

I was talking to a runner and they said track upgrades were a part of this. Community sells these days and it's only right these sorts of facilities piggyback off schemes like these. My sister and I used to do a lot of athletics as teenagers, 1970's, and we went to train with Exeter Falcons twice a week because their training setup was much better, seems a bit of a theme.

thats good, i had thought they where going to get shafted during this like Albion are. 3g training pitch is all well and good but they are in serious need of a new pitch for the stadium.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 11:12 pm

Great location for a brand new Stadium!
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 7:05 am

Graiser wrote:

You know, That's exactly what I was thinking. What a great centralised location for a nice 30k modern stadium. Ah well. One can dream.

Personally, I wouldn't give a rats arse about moving from our present location. Obviously, history, sentiment, our ancestral home and all that bollocks bla bla bla would have quite a few Janners (stuck in the 1970's) up in arms, but maybe moving to a nice new stadium at Brickfields would be the next step in our natural progression to bigger and better things? Who knows.

Come on Si. let's move. I'll go find some packing boxes.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 7:46 am

Dog Bone Malone wrote:
Graiser wrote:

You know, That's exactly what I was thinking. What a great centralised location for a nice 30k modern stadium. Ah well. One can dream.

Personally, I wouldn't give a rats arse about moving from our present location. Obviously, history, sentiment, our ancestral home and all that bollocks bla bla bla would have quite a few Janners (stuck in the 1970's) up in arms, but maybe moving to a nice new stadium at Brickfields would be the next step in our natural progression to bigger and better things? Who knows.

Come on Si. let's move. I'll go find some packing boxes.

You wouldn't be the only one thinking that, on balance, but for that to be a reality you would have thought that you'd need to build houses on HP to recover the costs and that won't happen because of the "continuous sporting use" covenants.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 8:22 am

It would be utterly moronic to leave the pretty pastures of CP with all it's open spaces, carparks etc etc and plenty of room for HP to be expanded, for the litter strewn, dog shit covered, damp, dank, cramped, sister shagging hovel that is demport. Sorry graiser Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 9:23 am

Les Miserable wrote:
It would be utterly moronic to leave the pretty pastures of CP with all it's open spaces, carparks etc etc and plenty of room for HP to be expanded, for the litter strewn, dog shit covered, damp, dank, cramped, sister shagging hovel that is demport. Sorry graiser Very Happy

Perzactly. No need to leave HP-nothing to do with sentiment but 'tis no bog standard inner city location and if the money and will was in situ plenty of space to do virtually anything.

Won't happen either way of course.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 10:09 am

I think Les was taking the piss, GS. Anyway. Yeh it will happen. It's inevitable. It's a natural progression. Just think, all them boozers in close proximity to new HP, Brickfields! Plus a sea view! What's not to like.

Anyone got Si's personal number? I'll give him a ring and run it by him.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 10:39 am

Maybe they really are thinking about ditching HP and moving to Brickfields.  No need to develop Brickfields just move straight in at it is.  Sounds right up Si's street and would please the low capacity enthusiasts on pasoti.  Only praaaaper faaans and no plaaastics LOL
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 10:56 am

Dog Bone Malone wrote:
I think Les was taking the piss, GS. Anyway. Yeh it will happen. It's inevitable. It's a natural progression. Just think, all them boozers in close proximity to new HP, Brickfields! Plus a sea view! What's not to like.

Surely not! Shocked
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 11:01 am

Freathy wrote:
Maybe they really are thinking about ditching HP and moving to Brickfields.  No need to develop Brickfields just move straight in at it is.  Sounds right up Si's street and would please the low capacity enthusiasts on pasoti.  Only praaaaper faaans and no plaaastics LOL
lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 11:10 am

Greenskin wrote:
Never fear good people, all is well-the Sage of Sussex has pontificated;

Jeez, the capacity is just fine, its exactly the right thing to do to prioritise our academy status over new bleddy seats that'll sit empty in a couple of years.

Wake the issue up about new seating when 2-3 years into the next Championship stint as we find our feet while inevitably not winning every week...the ground is STILL getting sold out. It didn't happen last time and it won't happen next time. Fickle is the Argyle fans middle name, Impatient is its stage name.

This news is brilliant, it'll be huge for Argyle long term. I'm so glad we're run by people who can see the bigger picture. No short-termism... 'just give the people what they're demanding and maybe they'll be happy' (spoiler alert - they won't be!)... but looking to the horizon, beyond the horizon even.

We very nearly went to the wall having run up £17m debts trying to appease the shouty section of the fanbase with their stupid 'speculate to accumulate' transfer policy demands. What good did all that 'build it and they'll come' bullpoop give us... so much cash spent in transfer fees and wages chasing the unattainable, good money after bad.

Now. Taking into consideration inflation had not even half of all that wasted money in the late noughties been spent doing what's proposed here instead, we would not have spent the last decade or more in the doldrums.

Please everyone, stop telling this board how to spend their money... this lot actually know what they're doing.

New seats my 'arris, speculate to accumulate my 'arris. This sort of thing isn't just 'slowly slowly catchy monkey organic growth' this is M&S slowly slowly catchy monkey organic growth... on steroids.

Geddon Mr H

Obnoxious cnut.
The sussex throbber at his finest, loves nothing better than slagging off fickle argyle fans while never leaving his Crawley shithole! up there with Jimmy's jester, and the rest of the arselickers who lapped up six years of fourth division dogshit, and never any investment.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 12:02 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

That’s like a dagger in my heart Les, I grew up in demport in the fifties, but yes it is different now
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 12:04 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Dog Bone Malone wrote:

Surely not! Shocked

Alright. Calm down. Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 12:35 pm

Could Argyle be looking to improve Brickfields so they can move in temporarily while they sort out the problems with the grandstand?

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 6:27 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Could Argyle be looking to improve Brickfields so they can move in temporarily while they sort out the problems with the grandstand?

i wouldnt have thought so unless they where going to do a complete renovation and knock home park down and rebuild it. Albion moved to the brickfields with the idea that it would be suitable for premiership rugby to this day they never finished the stadium and more chance of putin winning man of the year than they have of ever reaching the premiership.

So having said that if argyle where to ever do that they would need to errect some temp stands especially goal post ends which might make it a costly move.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 7:22 pm

Dog Bone Malone wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Dog Bone Malone wrote:

Surely not! Shocked

I was calm, me old mucker. Les and myself have bantered quite a bit over the years and i'm fairly sure he would have got the ironic intention in my post. Not sure where you're coming from TBH..

BTW, who were you before becoming Dog bone whatever? See you've made over 1000 posts, can't recall seeing that name too often previously
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 7:31 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Dog Bone Malone wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Dog Bone Malone wrote:

Surely not! Shocked

I was calm, me old mucker. Les and myself have bantered quite a bit over the years and i'm fairly sure he would have got the ironic intention in my post. Not sure where you're coming from TBH..

BTW, who were you before becoming Dog bone whatever? See you've made over 1000 posts, can't recall seeing that name too often previously

I'm a mysterial man of international shithousery. Come at me at you and you'll never see Dave, your hamster again. Capiche?
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 7:31 pm

Be interesting to see details of this as unsure why ladies team see it as step forward as no mention of a pitch with seating

On the Mayflower, why don’t they just pull out the aircon units blocking the concourse to get more in? How often is it needed in the Eloi area?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 3:02 pm

One of my bheys was saying what a nightmares it is quoting at the moment with materials and labour going up almost daily, he said no one is offering fixed price quotes as everyone and everything is putting prices up.almost daily. Could be massive ratifications for Brickfields and HP.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 28, 2023 4:09 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Never fear good people, all is well-the Sage of Sussex has pontificated;

Jeez, the capacity is just fine, its exactly the right thing to do to prioritise our academy status over new bleddy seats that'll sit empty in a couple of years.

Wake the issue up about new seating when 2-3 years into the next Championship stint as we find our feet while inevitably not winning every week...the ground is STILL getting sold out. It didn't happen last time and it won't happen next time. Fickle is the Argyle fans middle name, Impatient is its stage name.

This news is brilliant, it'll be huge for Argyle long term. I'm so glad we're run by people who can see the bigger picture. No short-termism... 'just give the people what they're demanding and maybe they'll be happy' (spoiler alert - they won't be!)... but looking to the horizon, beyond the horizon even.

We very nearly went to the wall having run up £17m debts trying to appease the shouty section of the fanbase with their stupid 'speculate to accumulate' transfer policy demands. What good did all that 'build it and they'll come' bullpoop give us... so much cash spent in transfer fees and wages chasing the unattainable, good money after bad.

Now. Taking into consideration inflation had not even half of all that wasted money in the late noughties been spent doing what's proposed here instead, we would not have spent the last decade or more in the doldrums.

Please everyone, stop telling this board how to spend their money... this lot actually know what they're doing.

New seats my 'arris, speculate to accumulate my 'arris. This sort of thing isn't just 'slowly slowly catchy monkey organic growth' this is M&S slowly slowly catchy monkey organic growth... on steroids.

Geddon Mr H

Obnoxious cnut.
The sussex throbber at his finest, loves nothing better than slagging off fickle argyle fans while never leaving his Crawley shithole! up there with Jimmy's jester, and the rest of the arselickers who lapped up six years of fourth division dogshit, and never any investment.

The sage surpassed himself the other day by saying that he preferred Karl Duguid to Akos! lol! lol! lol! Nothing against Karl who was a decent, hard working pro but not in the same stratosphere as Buzz.

Top throbbing is that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!   Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle to do something with Brickfields!!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next