Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) Empty
PostSubject: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 2:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Deciphering this, it looks like Ross Jenkins is not in the side. Haven't seen the subs list so I think he must be injured! Could be a big blow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 2:17 pm

Jenkins not on the bench either, but the Fireman is!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 2:55 pm

So is Chadwick no doubt both will come on at some point in the game. Jenkins failed a fitness test but isnt injuried of sorts so i gather he will be back for the next game,
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:08 pm

Promising start from argyle. Poor early corner, also weak shot on the turn from madjo. First time ref at home park.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Argyle still the brighter side with a couple of half chances. Good run into the box by macdonald let down by him diving.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Southend winning a few set pieces but Purse winning a lot of the ball. Good move down the right from madjo, shot from 25 yards by bhasera straight at the keeper. A couple of situation where if feeney had a bit of pace argyle could have had decent chances. Another poor argyle corner.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:27 pm

Bhasera lost the ball in midfield then won it and drove towards goal. Laid the ball wide to macdonald whose cross was behind the forwards but bas headed wide from 10 yards. Hourihane long shot poor when he had options in front. Dangerous argyle fk, .macdonald over.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:30 pm

Feeney I'd struggling against cresswell and just lost the ball when he had possession- southend break and shot with a good save from cole. Madjo looks strong on the ball. Williams is playing poorly so far
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Good interplay between madjo and hourihane. Fell to bas who shot with the outside of his foot from the corner of the box and dangerous shot went a few yards wide.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Southend should have scored but headed straight at goal after a cross from their right. Purse looking good. Bashera easily beat the) but then crossed poorly. Another corner- first one put in a decent area- blanchard heads over.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:51 pm

0 0 at half time with argyle being the better side. Feeney and madjo both had good chances to score in injury time but both hit wide.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Lowry doing half time draw says he's 2-3 weeks away from training.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 3:57 pm

Madjo just missed a great chance. And Feeney just missed a header

I'm pissed, but it's not pretty to watch ht now

Froze SAlsa what a fuckkn joke - about 150 kids At the back of block 3 , mouthing something indecipherable every 10 minutes Razz
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Woooooo joooooo hoooooooo A mac
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Going on the score alone it reads as a good point for us, but I await the full match report before I pass judgement.

I wasn't there see so i'm not a proper REAL fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Sounded like we should've won. Good performance but not clinical enough when we had chances.

Didn't seem to press home the advantage when they went down to 10 men, but overall I would've taken a point before the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:25 pm

it looks like another game where we should have won it in my eyes. Certainly the better of the two teams. A point is better than a kick in the balls for your troubles but if we are this play off chasing team that Captain Purse says we are than we need to win the games that are their for the taking.

Still not long till Tuesday against Wycombe hopefully 3 points from there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:29 pm

I think Berry's booking means a suspension too. He will be missed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 5:47 pm

I'd say it was two points dropped - we were certainly the better side in the first half, the second half was more even. Southend did have some decent chances, but the Southend lad who was sent off for throwning a couple of punches at Purse cost his side the chance of a win.

Two well worked goals - ours was at the other end of the ground from where I was, but it looked a very good ball from Madjo to MaccyD which really opened up the Southend defence and MaccyD wasn't going to miss. The Southend goal was a wonderful piece of individual skill which would have opened up any defence. Impressive.

Overall a decent performance - there are definite signs of improvement. Feeney and Madjo worked hard. The midfield put in a decent shift - Young's best game this season, and Hourihane is improving with every match. Bhasera is, and was, a class above anyone else on the pitch. Purse is still having a few dodgy moments, but Blanchard had a decent game, which compensated. Berry's yellow will get him a ban, and was a bit unneccessary. ATD's Robbie Williams was his usual consistent self.

Quite a good game to watch; Argyle bettered Southend for long periods. I came away with a sense of a team moving in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
I'd say it was two points dropped - we were certainly the better side in the first half, the second half was more even. Southend did have some decent chances, but the Southend lad who was sent off for throwning a couple of punches at Purse cost his side the chance of a win.

Two well worked goals - ours was at the other end of the ground from where I was, but it looked a very good ball from Madjo to MaccyD which really opened up the Southend defence and MaccyD wasn't going to miss. The Southend goal was a wonderful piece of individual skill which would have opened up any defence. Impressive.

Overall a decent performance - there are definite signs of improvement. Feeney and Madjo worked hard. The midfield put in a decent shift - Young's best game this season, and Hourihane is improving with every match. Bhasera is, and was, a class above anyone else on the pitch. Purse is still having a few dodgy moments, but Blanchard had a decent game, which compensated. Berry's yellow will get him a ban, and was a bit unneccessary. ATD's Robbie Williams was his usual consistent self.

Quite a good game to watch; Argyle bettered Southend for long periods. I came away with a sense of a team moving in the right direction.

Sums it up for me but this habit of getting the lead at home and not capitalising is a bleddy annoying one.I did think Berry was superb today and seems to improve with every game,his support to the attack is getting better too,but pity about the yellow card as you say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:10 pm

Berry seems a decent player, not a clueless signing then.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:

No,he was a Reid signing,as were Cole,Williams and Hourihane,so maybe Monkey 'eed's legacy isn't so bad after all.To be fair to Fletcher some of last seasons signings were pretty good under the circumstances-with 1 point from 9 games,the sole objective was to stay up and Purse,Wotton,McDonald,Hemmings,Blanchard,Chadwick etc did the business.It's what happened over the summer that is disturbing-Gurrieri,Lowry,Griffiths,Gilmartin have contributed very little,PCH a bit more.Still not sure if he was shopping from the bottom shelf,although i must say that the signing of Gilmartin,who must have commanded a decent wage coming from a championship club,was surprising.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

No,he was a Reid signing,as were Cole,Williams and Hourihane,so maybe Monkey 'eed's legacy isn't so bad after all.To be fair to Fletcher some of last seasons signings were pretty good under the circumstances-with 1 point from 9 games,the sole objective was to stay up and Purse,Wotton,McDonald,Hemmings,Blanchard,Chadwick etc did the business.It's what happened over the summer that is disturbing-Gurrieri,Lowry,Griffiths,Gilmartin have contributed very little,PCH a bit more.Still not sure if he was shopping from the bottom shelf,although i must say that the signing of Gilmartin,who must have commanded a decent wage coming from a championship club,was surprising.

Purse wasnt a fletcher signing it was a Ridsdale signing.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:09 pm

Renegade wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Is that your entry for the pedantic smart arse of the week award? lol! Maybe they were all Ridsdale signings,i don't know.They were certainly all [including Purse] signed after Fletcher was appointed manager,whatever the internal power structure may have been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 7:10 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Renegade wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Sufferedsince68 wrote:

Is that your entry for the pedantic smart arse of the week award? lol! Maybe they were all Ridsdale signings,i don't know.They were certainly all [including Purse] signed after Fletcher was appointed manager,whatever the internal power structure may have been.

no he really was a Ridsdale signing as he was the one that got him down here in the first place not fletcher.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)   The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Argyle side (Argyle v Southend match thread)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next