Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Panutche Camara

Go down 
+11
akagreengull
Freathy
Les Miserable
Greenskin
green_genie
Czarcasm
Earwegoagain
Graiser
Grovehill
Angry
Tgwu
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 8:47 am

Angry wrote:
nothing like hysterical over reactions is there?

Add knee jerk and you've got the Pasoti three card trick of debating off to a tee. cheers
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1413
Join date : 2020-03-25

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 9:46 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
You think Cam is the Dogs, but you think his fee won't pay for a bit of Tarmac and a big tellY?
If he's as good as you think, Clubs will be fighting over him-kerrching!

He and Cooper might well bring in enough dosh to replace them and get the two or three  players we were short of this season.

Remember, we are not restricted to signing Lowe's mates any more.


I think Pan is one of the best three players at the club and I think it's madness to sell him. Why do you think another club would pay say £500k for him when in your eyes you can buy three players of the same ability and get some tarmac done for that money? There truth is that you can't, for us to find Pan we signed a while load of dross.

So what would you happily pay him to try and keep him Ears? Any amount he wants?

A very decent midfielder ( which he has now turned into ) can probably command in the region of 10k a week at a half decent Championship club. That is what he can no doubt see himself earning if he gets a move. Are Argyle in a position to start paying that to their best players? Of course they ain’t.

Like Grovey says, if he’s that sought after, there’ll be a nice auction coming up....and Argyle have quite literally declared themselves auction masters by putting out that article on the Baggo.

Yes I would pay him what he's worth, at least for a season. Si is bullshitting you all with his extra quality line we won't get any more quality just more Alfie Lewises I mean what happened to him? The car park is where Pans money is going, then the new seats. I get SI is all about the infrastructure I just get tired of his five year plan and quality player bullshit because that is what it is unless he's getting a new mortgage for the car park. Last I heard tarmac was about £60_90/sq metre. That's a Pan and a half right there.

And how do you think he’d respond (and the other top players) when you say you’ll shatter the wage structure to satisfy his wage demands...for one season?

It’s a pointless debate anyway really, because your entrenched view will always be that any player that ever leaves Argyle does so because ‘we’em Plymouth Argyle, we’ll always be shit’.


"Entrenched views" that have been built up over nearly sixty years of watching every decent Argyle team getting dismantled before we ever achieve fook all and here we are again. Other teams come up behind us, overtake us and stay there all the time and at my age I haven't got many more five year plans left in me.

My first season watching Argyle was the 60/61 season and I’ve been hooked ever since, I’ve seen and read the good and bad over the years, the fact is we’re letting a player go who doesn’t want to be here anymore, a player we got for f all and we’ll get a fee for him, a player who was good but not a game changer in the Frio, Carey mould.
I’d also bet any amount if we kept this player to his contract for the next 12 months and he then left for sod all, there’d be many and probably you included would lambasting the club for their financial incompetence.
Seems to me some on here will seek and find any excuse to have a pop at the club and I think that’s what the statement “entrenched views” means
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 6946
Join date : 2014-03-30

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 10:22 am

As has been said above, athletic, good engine, and telescopic legs for nicking the ball off the opposition make him a useful nuisance in the middle of the park, that's it really, his vision when on the ball, his passing, shooting, goalscoring are not all that. Either dig in a make him see his contract out or accept a realistic price for a player who'll be available for nowt in 12 months, I'd be shocked but pleasantly surprised if he went for anything over 200k.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 10:45 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
You think Cam is the Dogs, but you think his fee won't pay for a bit of Tarmac and a big tellY?
If he's as good as you think, Clubs will be fighting over him-kerrching!

He and Cooper might well bring in enough dosh to replace them and get the two or three  players we were short of this season.

Remember, we are not restricted to signing Lowe's mates any more.


I think Pan is one of the best three players at the club and I think it's madness to sell him. Why do you think another club would pay say £500k for him when in your eyes you can buy three players of the same ability and get some tarmac done for that money? There truth is that you can't, for us to find Pan we signed a while load of dross.

So what would you happily pay him to try and keep him Ears? Any amount he wants?

A very decent midfielder ( which he has now turned into ) can probably command in the region of 10k a week at a half decent Championship club. That is what he can no doubt see himself earning if he gets a move. Are Argyle in a position to start paying that to their best players? Of course they ain’t.

Like Grovey says, if he’s that sought after, there’ll be a nice auction coming up....and Argyle have quite literally declared themselves auction masters by putting out that article on the Baggo.

Yes I would pay him what he's worth, at least for a season. Si is bullshitting you all with his extra quality line we won't get any more quality just more Alfie Lewises I mean what happened to him? The car park is where Pans money is going, then the new seats. I get SI is all about the infrastructure I just get tired of his five year plan and quality player bullshit because that is what it is unless he's getting a new mortgage for the car park. Last I heard tarmac was about £60_90/sq metre. That's a Pan and a half right there.

And how do you think he’d respond (and the other top players) when you say you’ll shatter the wage structure to satisfy his wage demands...for one season?

It’s a pointless debate anyway really, because your entrenched view will always be that any player that ever leaves Argyle does so because ‘we’em Plymouth Argyle, we’ll always be shit’.


"Entrenched views" that have been built up over nearly sixty years of watching every decent Argyle team getting dismantled before we ever achieve fook all and here we are again. Other teams come up behind us, overtake us and stay there all the time and at my age I haven't got many more five year plans left in me.

My first season watching Argyle was the 60/61 season and I’ve been hooked ever since, I’ve seen and read the good and bad over the years, the fact is we’re letting a player go who doesn’t want to be here anymore, a player we got for f all and we’ll get a fee for him, a player who was good but not a game changer in the Frio, Carey mould.
I’d also bet any amount if we kept this player to his contract for the next 12 months and he then left for sod all, there’d be many and probably you included would lambasting the club for their financial incompetence.
Seems to me some on here will seek and find any excuse to have a pop at the club and I think that’s what the statement “entrenched views” means

Imo its you that has the entrenched views ie. anything Si says or does is great. I fail to see how selling one of our best players will "strengthen the team" and if his fee wasn't being spent on tarmac and new seats I might be more supportive. I get that he's gone I just find it hard to celebrate along with the rest of you.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1839
Join date : 2012-01-24

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 3:20 pm

You sell a player, reinvest most of the fee in more players and gradually improve the team. Sure. 2 out of three might not be (or become) any better that the rest do improve the squad. That's how football works

Most people said Liverpool were stuffed when they sold Coutinho (sic) to Barca. Then they bought VVD
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1413
Join date : 2020-03-25

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 3:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
You think Cam is the Dogs, but you think his fee won't pay for a bit of Tarmac and a big tellY?
If he's as good as you think, Clubs will be fighting over him-kerrching!

He and Cooper might well bring in enough dosh to replace them and get the two or three  players we were short of this season.

Remember, we are not restricted to signing Lowe's mates any more.


I think Pan is one of the best three players at the club and I think it's madness to sell him. Why do you think another club would pay say £500k for him when in your eyes you can buy three players of the same ability and get some tarmac done for that money? There truth is that you can't, for us to find Pan we signed a while load of dross.

So what would you happily pay him to try and keep him Ears? Any amount he wants?

A very decent midfielder ( which he has now turned into ) can probably command in the region of 10k a week at a half decent Championship club. That is what he can no doubt see himself earning if he gets a move. Are Argyle in a position to start paying that to their best players? Of course they ain’t.

Like Grovey says, if he’s that sought after, there’ll be a nice auction coming up....and Argyle have quite literally declared themselves auction masters by putting out that article on the Baggo.

Yes I would pay him what he's worth, at least for a season. Si is bullshitting you all with his extra quality line we won't get any more quality just more Alfie Lewises I mean what happened to him? The car park is where Pans money is going, then the new seats. I get SI is all about the infrastructure I just get tired of his five year plan and quality player bullshit because that is what it is unless he's getting a new mortgage for the car park. Last I heard tarmac was about £60_90/sq metre. That's a Pan and a half right there.

And how do you think he’d respond (and the other top players) when you say you’ll shatter the wage structure to satisfy his wage demands...for one season?

It’s a pointless debate anyway really, because your entrenched view will always be that any player that ever leaves Argyle does so because ‘we’em Plymouth Argyle, we’ll always be shit’.


"Entrenched views" that have been built up over nearly sixty years of watching every decent Argyle team getting dismantled before we ever achieve fook all and here we are again. Other teams come up behind us, overtake us and stay there all the time and at my age I haven't got many more five year plans left in me.

My first season watching Argyle was the 60/61 season and I’ve been hooked ever since, I’ve seen and read the good and bad over the years, the fact is we’re letting a player go who doesn’t want to be here anymore, a player we got for f all and we’ll get a fee for him, a player who was good but not a game changer in the Frio, Carey mould.
I’d also bet any amount if we kept this player to his contract for the next 12 months and he then left for sod all, there’d be many and probably you included would lambasting the club for their financial incompetence.
Seems to me some on here will seek and find any excuse to have a pop at the club and I think that’s what the statement “entrenched views” means

Imo its you that has the entrenched views ie. anything Si says or does is great. I fail to see how selling one of our best players will "strengthen the team" and if his fee wasn't being spent on tarmac and new seats I might be more supportive. I get that he's gone I just find it hard to celebrate along with the rest of you.

Don’t twist it, nobody’s celebrating, most posters and myself would welcome him staying, BUT HE DOESN’T WANT TOO!!, so according to you we hang on to an unhappy player, who might also get an injury and he goes for bugger all next year!
Excellent business sense.
What’s the obsession with plastic seats and tarmac for crissakes.
As for Hallett, it’s you that raises his name with most of your posts so the obsession with him is with you.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 5:08 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
You think Cam is the Dogs, but you think his fee won't pay for a bit of Tarmac and a big tellY?
If he's as good as you think, Clubs will be fighting over him-kerrching!

He and Cooper might well bring in enough dosh to replace them and get the two or three  players we were short of this season.

Remember, we are not restricted to signing Lowe's mates any more.


I think Pan is one of the best three players at the club and I think it's madness to sell him. Why do you think another club would pay say £500k for him when in your eyes you can buy three players of the same ability and get some tarmac done for that money? There truth is that you can't, for us to find Pan we signed a while load of dross.

So what would you happily pay him to try and keep him Ears? Any amount he wants?

A very decent midfielder ( which he has now turned into ) can probably command in the region of 10k a week at a half decent Championship club. That is what he can no doubt see himself earning if he gets a move. Are Argyle in a position to start paying that to their best players? Of course they ain’t.

Like Grovey says, if he’s that sought after, there’ll be a nice auction coming up....and Argyle have quite literally declared themselves auction masters by putting out that article on the Baggo.

Yes I would pay him what he's worth, at least for a season. Si is bullshitting you all with his extra quality line we won't get any more quality just more Alfie Lewises I mean what happened to him? The car park is where Pans money is going, then the new seats. I get SI is all about the infrastructure I just get tired of his five year plan and quality player bullshit because that is what it is unless he's getting a new mortgage for the car park. Last I heard tarmac was about £60_90/sq metre. That's a Pan and a half right there.

And how do you think he’d respond (and the other top players) when you say you’ll shatter the wage structure to satisfy his wage demands...for one season?

It’s a pointless debate anyway really, because your entrenched view will always be that any player that ever leaves Argyle does so because ‘we’em Plymouth Argyle, we’ll always be shit’.


"Entrenched views" that have been built up over nearly sixty years of watching every decent Argyle team getting dismantled before we ever achieve fook all and here we are again. Other teams come up behind us, overtake us and stay there all the time and at my age I haven't got many more five year plans left in me.

My first season watching Argyle was the 60/61 season and I’ve been hooked ever since, I’ve seen and read the good and bad over the years, the fact is we’re letting a player go who doesn’t want to be here anymore, a player we got for f all and we’ll get a fee for him, a player who was good but not a game changer in the Frio, Carey mould.
I’d also bet any amount if we kept this player to his contract for the next 12 months and he then left for sod all, there’d be many and probably you included would lambasting the club for their financial incompetence.
Seems to me some on here will seek and find any excuse to have a pop at the club and I think that’s what the statement “entrenched views” means

Imo its you that has the entrenched views ie. anything Si says or does is great. I fail to see how selling one of our best players will "strengthen the team" and if his fee wasn't being spent on tarmac and new seats I might be more supportive. I get that he's gone I just find it hard to celebrate along with the rest of you.

Don’t twist it, nobody’s celebrating, most posters and myself would welcome him staying, BUT HE DOESN’T WANT TOO!!, so according to you we hang on to an unhappy player, who might also get an injury and he goes for bugger all next year!
Excellent business sense.
What’s the obsession with plastic seats and tarmac for crissakes.
As for Hallett, it’s you that raises his name with most of your posts so the obsession with him is with you.

There is no obsession with tarmac and seats I am just pointing out that Simon says that we will strengthen the team, he then announces Pan is for sale, he also recently said the seats in the horseshoe will be replaced and that he will refurb the car park. Those are his words not mine. I reckon we are looking at about £500 k to just resurface the car park then how much do you think 12000 seats will cost? £300k, £400k? Then there is the big screen. So where do think this money is coming from? If you think any money will be left for squad strengthening you are deluded. Expect a few free signings most of which will turn out to be duffers, we will be weaker when we sell Pan and if you ask me the money is already spent.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1839
Join date : 2012-01-24

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 6:19 pm

Half a million to resurface the Car Park? You can knock a nought off that.

Just shows how you are getting things out of perspective.

Wait till a couple of deals have been done before assuming the worst.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 12, 2022 8:08 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Half a million to resurface the Car Park? You can knock a nought off that.

Just shows how you are getting things out of perspective.

Wait till a couple of deals have been done before assuming the worst.

Tarmac is roughly £60 to £90 /m that's without removing the old surface, paying for removal and disposal (could always dump it behind the Mayflower) how big is the car park? 7500sq m? Car parks aren't cheap mate. Work it out.
What about 12,000 plastic seats what do you reckon about a pony?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1839
Join date : 2012-01-24

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2022 12:45 pm

I know a firm that will redo the tarmac a lot cheaper than that.

Trotters Tarmac c/o The Caravan, Chelson Meadow.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2022 5:59 pm

Grovehill wrote:
I know a firm that will redo the tarmac a lot cheaper than that.

Trotters Tarmac c/o The Caravan, Chelson Meadow.

It will still cost at least a Camara, still why waste money on a years wages for a CCC quality player for a year when we can have nice tarmac that no one will ever see. Si doesn't mind splashing the cash just not on players.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 3:43 pm

And Sheffield Wednesday have said they want Pan because they want automatics this season, as all the Argyle fans will tell them he ain't that good lol.
Seriously though if SI let's him go to a league 1 rival we should kick up feck.It would also blow holes in the argument that players like that want to play in a higher league, although he may do that at a club that puts it's money into players rather than tarmac, plastic seats and big screens. I see they haven't wasted a minute getting hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of plastic seats, you know the sort of money that could pay an ambitious player like Pan for a year.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 847
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 6:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
And Sheffield Wednesday have said they want Pan because they want automatics this season, as all the Argyle fans will tell them he ain't that good lol.
Seriously though if SI let's him go to a league 1 rival we should kick up feck.It would also blow holes in the argument that players like that want to play in a higher league, although he may do that at a club that puts it's money into players rather than tarmac, plastic seats and big screens. I see they haven't wasted a minute getting hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of plastic seats, you know the sort of money that could pay an ambitious player like Pan for a year.

im going to have to update my sig photo thanks to those new dark seats being installed. No longer will the lyndhurst say P A F C but home park. As for Wednesday's interest i wouldnt sell him to them however if they are the only ones bidding then the club needs to raise the price given they are league "rivals" and i wouldnt even call them that atm given the cheap actions from the club atm.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1839
Join date : 2012-01-24

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 6:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
And Sheffield Wednesday have said they want Pan because they want automatics this season, as all the Argyle fans will tell them he ain't that good lol.
Seriously though if SI let's him go to a league 1 rival we should kick up feck.It would also blow holes in the argument that players like that want to play in a higher league, although he may do that at a club that puts it's money into players rather than tarmac, plastic seats and big screens. I see they haven't wasted a minute getting hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of plastic seats, you know the sort of money that could pay an ambitious player like Pan for a year.

Any Club buying a player will big them up-hardly going to say "not a bad player but I wouldn't say he'll be a first team regular"

And if we sell him to another L1 Club that should tell you something about A) How highly (or not) higher League Clubs rate him, and B) his own motivation.


In short, if he's just after the money, then feck him. If Championship Clubs don't want him, then he's no great lose then, is he?

The way you're going on, you'd think he was the best player we've ever had when the truth is he isn't even the best player in the squad.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 6:50 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
And Sheffield Wednesday have said they want Pan because they want automatics this season, as all the Argyle fans will tell them he ain't that good lol.
Seriously though if SI let's him go to a league 1 rival we should kick up feck.It would also blow holes in the argument that players like that want to play in a higher league, although he may do that at a club that puts it's money into players rather than tarmac, plastic seats and big screens. I see they haven't wasted a minute getting hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of plastic seats, you know the sort of money that could pay an ambitious player like Pan for a year.

Any Club buying a player will big them up-hardly going to say "not a bad player but I wouldn't say he'll be a first team regular"

And if we sell him to another L1 Club that should tell you something about A) How highly (or not) higher League Clubs rate him, and B) his own motivation.


In short, if he's just after the money, then feck him. If Championship Clubs don't want him, then he's no great lose then, is he?

The way you're going on, you'd think he was the best player we've ever had when the truth is he isn't even the best player in the squad.

No I am saying he's the best player we have on our books at the moment. Don't worry though once we pay for the seats, big screen and car park there will be millions of pounds of our league 1 fee left to strengthen the squad. All very well saying feck him you are saying feck us and any promotion hopes FFS.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1413
Join date : 2020-03-25

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 7:22 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
And Sheffield Wednesday have said they want Pan because they want automatics this season, as all the Argyle fans will tell them he ain't that good lol.
Seriously though if SI let's him go to a league 1 rival we should kick up feck.It would also blow holes in the argument that players like that want to play in a higher league, although he may do that at a club that puts it's money into players rather than tarmac, plastic seats and big screens. I see they haven't wasted a minute getting hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of plastic seats, you know the sort of money that could pay an ambitious player like Pan for a year.

Any Club buying a player will big them up-hardly going to say "not a bad player but I wouldn't say he'll be a first team regular"

And if we sell him to another L1 Club that should tell you something about A) How highly (or not) higher League Clubs rate him, and B) his own motivation.


In short, if he's just after the money, then feck him. If Championship Clubs don't want him, then he's no great lose then, is he?

The way you're going on, you'd think he was the best player we've ever had when the truth is he isn't even the best player in the squad.

No I am saying he's the best player we have on our books at the moment. Don't worry though once we pay for the seats, big screen and car park there will be millions of pounds of our league 1 fee left to strengthen the squad. All very well saying feck him you are saying feck us and any promotion hopes FFS.

So what do you define as the best player ? Goal scorer - nope, great passer- nope, good in the air - nope, can I influence a game - perhaps.

Runs a lot - yep, Good at recovery tackles - yep

No he’s not the best player at the club.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 847
Join date : 2021-12-06
Age : 37

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 8:08 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
And Sheffield Wednesday have said they want Pan because they want automatics this season, as all the Argyle fans will tell them he ain't that good lol.
Seriously though if SI let's him go to a league 1 rival we should kick up feck.It would also blow holes in the argument that players like that want to play in a higher league, although he may do that at a club that puts it's money into players rather than tarmac, plastic seats and big screens. I see they haven't wasted a minute getting hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of plastic seats, you know the sort of money that could pay an ambitious player like Pan for a year.

Any Club buying a player will big them up-hardly going to say "not a bad player but I wouldn't say he'll be a first team regular"

And if we sell him to another L1 Club that should tell you something about A) How highly (or not) higher League Clubs rate him, and B) his own motivation.


In short, if he's just after the money, then feck him. If Championship Clubs don't want him, then he's no great lose then, is he?

The way you're going on, you'd think he was the best player we've ever had when the truth is he isn't even the best player in the squad.

No I am saying he's the best player we have on our books at the moment. Don't worry though once we pay for the seats, big screen and car park there will be millions of pounds of our league 1 fee left to strengthen the squad. All very well saying feck him you are saying feck us and any promotion hopes FFS.

So what do you define as the best player ? Goal scorer - nope, great passer- nope, good in the air - nope, can I influence a game - perhaps.

Runs a lot - yep, Good at recovery tackles - yep

No he’s not the best player at the club.


he wont be remembered as a argyle great thats for certain. Certainly not irreplaceable.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 5554
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 62
Location : Tavistock area

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 8:51 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
And Sheffield Wednesday have said they want Pan because they want automatics this season, as all the Argyle fans will tell them he ain't that good lol.
Seriously though if SI let's him go to a league 1 rival we should kick up feck.It would also blow holes in the argument that players like that want to play in a higher league, although he may do that at a club that puts it's money into players rather than tarmac, plastic seats and big screens. I see they haven't wasted a minute getting hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of plastic seats, you know the sort of money that could pay an ambitious player like Pan for a year.

Any Club buying a player will big them up-hardly going to say "not a bad player but I wouldn't say he'll be a first team regular"

And if we sell him to another L1 Club that should tell you something about A) How highly (or not) higher League Clubs rate him, and B) his own motivation.


In short, if he's just after the money, then feck him. If Championship Clubs don't want him, then he's no great lose then, is he?

The way you're going on, you'd think he was the best player we've ever had when the truth is he isn't even the best player in the squad.

No I am saying he's the best player we have on our books at the moment. Don't worry though once we pay for the seats, big screen and car park there will be millions of pounds of our league 1 fee left to strengthen the squad. All very well saying feck him you are saying feck us and any promotion hopes FFS.

So what do you define as the best player ? Goal scorer - nope, great passer- nope, good in the air - nope, can I influence a game - perhaps.

Runs a lot - yep, Good at recovery tackles - yep

No he’s not the best player at the club.


The Argyle player that Camara reminds me the most of in relatively recent times is Jimmy Abdou, who was not great technically but had a load of energy and ball retrieving ability. Abdou was very underrated by a section of the Argyle fanbase-not good enough for the championship and all the rest of it-but went on to play a large amount of championship games for Millwall and was very popular with the support by all accounts [which is an achievement in itself up there]. Camara is well capable of doing the same and it wouldn't be beyond the bounds of possibility that, if the yardstick of standard of football played at is used, then indeed he does prove to be the best outfield player currently at the club.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1413
Join date : 2020-03-25

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2022 9:29 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
And Sheffield Wednesday have said they want Pan because they want automatics this season, as all the Argyle fans will tell them he ain't that good lol.
Seriously though if SI let's him go to a league 1 rival we should kick up feck.It would also blow holes in the argument that players like that want to play in a higher league, although he may do that at a club that puts it's money into players rather than tarmac, plastic seats and big screens. I see they haven't wasted a minute getting hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of plastic seats, you know the sort of money that could pay an ambitious player like Pan for a year.

Any Club buying a player will big them up-hardly going to say "not a bad player but I wouldn't say he'll be a first team regular"

And if we sell him to another L1 Club that should tell you something about A) How highly (or not) higher League Clubs rate him, and B) his own motivation.


In short, if he's just after the money, then feck him. If Championship Clubs don't want him, then he's no great lose then, is he?

The way you're going on, you'd think he was the best player we've ever had when the truth is he isn't even the best player in the squad.

No I am saying he's the best player we have on our books at the moment. Don't worry though once we pay for the seats, big screen and car park there will be millions of pounds of our league 1 fee left to strengthen the squad. All very well saying feck him you are saying feck us and any promotion hopes FFS.

So what do you define as the best player ? Goal scorer - nope, great passer- nope, good in the air - nope, can I influence a game - perhaps.

Runs a lot - yep, Good at recovery tackles - yep

No he’s not the best player at the club.


The Argyle player that Camara reminds me the most of in relatively recent times is Jimmy Abdou, who was not great technically but had a load of energy and ball retrieving ability. Abdou was very underrated by a section of the Argyle fanbase-not good enough for the championship and all the rest of it-but went on to play a large amount of championship games for Millwall and was very popular with the support by all accounts [which is an achievement in itself up there]. Camara is well capable of doing the same and it wouldn't be beyond the bounds of possibility that, if the yardstick of standard of football played at is used, then indeed he does prove to be the best outfield player currently at the club.

Best outfield player ? but how do you compare him to say Joe Edwards or even Ryan Hardie who banged in 19 goals
I like Camara and I’d like him to sign a new deal and stay with the club but he’s not irreplaceable, no player is.
A player we missed last season which did have a detrimental effect on the team was Brendan Galloway, the games that Camara missed didn’t affect us that much.
Just an opinion and I hope he stays, however if he wants away then I hope it happens quickly so SS has time to bring in a replacement
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 9:45 am

Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
And Sheffield Wednesday have said they want Pan because they want automatics this season, as all the Argyle fans will tell them he ain't that good lol.
Seriously though if SI let's him go to a league 1 rival we should kick up feck.It would also blow holes in the argument that players like that want to play in a higher league, although he may do that at a club that puts it's money into players rather than tarmac, plastic seats and big screens. I see they haven't wasted a minute getting hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of plastic seats, you know the sort of money that could pay an ambitious player like Pan for a year.

Any Club buying a player will big them up-hardly going to say "not a bad player but I wouldn't say he'll be a first team regular"

And if we sell him to another L1 Club that should tell you something about A) How highly (or not) higher League Clubs rate him, and B) his own motivation.


In short, if he's just after the money, then feck him. If Championship Clubs don't want him, then he's no great lose then, is he?

The way you're going on, you'd think he was the best player we've ever had when the truth is he isn't even the best player in the squad.

No I am saying he's the best player we have on our books at the moment. Don't worry though once we pay for the seats, big screen and car park there will be millions of pounds of our league 1 fee left to strengthen the squad. All very well saying feck him you are saying feck us and any promotion hopes FFS.

So what do you define as the best player ? Goal scorer - nope, great passer- nope, good in the air - nope, can I influence a game - perhaps.

Runs a lot - yep, Good at recovery tackles - yep

No he’s not the best player at the club.


The Argyle player that Camara reminds me the most of in relatively recent times is Jimmy Abdou, who was not great technically but had a load of energy and ball retrieving ability. Abdou was very underrated by a section of the Argyle fanbase-not good enough for the championship and all the rest of it-but went on to play a large amount of championship games for Millwall and was very popular with the support by all accounts [which is an achievement in itself up there]. Camara is well capable of doing the same and it wouldn't be beyond the bounds of possibility that, if the yardstick of standard of football played at is used, then indeed he does prove to be the best outfield player currently at the club.

Best outfield player ? but how do you compare him to say Joe Edwards or even Ryan Hardie who banged in 19 goals
I like Camara and I’d like him to sign a new deal and stay with the club but he’s not irreplaceable, no player is.
A player we  missed last season which did have a detrimental effect on the team was Brendan Galloway, the games that Camara missed didn’t affect us that much.
Just an opinion and I hope he stays, however if he wants away then I hope it happens quickly so SS has time to bring in a replacement

Pedantry at its best, so in your mind he is only one of the best three players at the club? Why get rid of him then? Answer so that Si can buy plastic seats, tarmac and a big telly. It's the same as when we sold Hourihane, Purrington and Bradley we heard the same old tripe coming from you then but saw no player of their ability coming in to replace them, Sheffield Wednesday said they wanted automatic promotion this year, what are aiming for? We just narrowly missed playoffs and there is no chance of even replicating that feat if we break up the team FFS! Sustainable CCC club my arse we will be lucky to stay in this league at this rate but then if you support the chairman over the club then I guess every season is a successful one by your standards.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 10:13 am

player/ position club transfer fee
Olly Lee

Central Midfield
Birmingham
loan transfer
Lee Cox

Central Midfield
Swindon Town
free transfer
Bobby Reid

Attacking Midfield
Bristol City
loan transfer
All arrivals

TOP DEPARTURES
player/ position club transfer fee
Neal Trotman

Centre-Back
Bristol Rovers
free transfer
Romuald Boco

Right Midfield
Chesterfield FC
free transfer
Matt Parsons

Left-Back
9605.png
free transfer
Conor Hourihane

Central Midfield
Barnsley FC
£225Th.
Marvin Morgan

Centre-Forward
Hartlepool
loan transfer

Sorry about the terrible C&P but this shows who left the club and who joined the club in 2014 you know the year when we "cashed in" on Hourihane with that fantastic £300K fee lmfao. Obviously with my lack of footballing knowledge I am failing to see the free replacement with the same ability that we signed?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 1839
Join date : 2012-01-24

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 1:42 pm

Apart from Hourihane who was sold when the Club was desperate for cash, the rest of your list are either nonentities or loan players we never had a hope of signing anyway.

Holloway got Sinclair in on loan, but there was never the remotest chance we could have afforded to sign him.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 1413
Join date : 2020-03-25

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 1:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
And Sheffield Wednesday have said they want Pan because they want automatics this season, as all the Argyle fans will tell them he ain't that good lol.
Seriously though if SI let's him go to a league 1 rival we should kick up feck.It would also blow holes in the argument that players like that want to play in a higher league, although he may do that at a club that puts it's money into players rather than tarmac, plastic seats and big screens. I see they haven't wasted a minute getting hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of plastic seats, you know the sort of money that could pay an ambitious player like Pan for a year.

Any Club buying a player will big them up-hardly going to say "not a bad player but I wouldn't say he'll be a first team regular"

And if we sell him to another L1 Club that should tell you something about A) How highly (or not) higher League Clubs rate him, and B) his own motivation.


In short, if he's just after the money, then feck him. If Championship Clubs don't want him, then he's no great lose then, is he?

The way you're going on, you'd think he was the best player we've ever had when the truth is he isn't even the best player in the squad.

No I am saying he's the best player we have on our books at the moment. Don't worry though once we pay for the seats, big screen and car park there will be millions of pounds of our league 1 fee left to strengthen the squad. All very well saying feck him you are saying feck us and any promotion hopes FFS.

So what do you define as the best player ? Goal scorer - nope, great passer- nope, good in the air - nope, can I influence a game - perhaps.

Runs a lot - yep, Good at recovery tackles - yep

No he’s not the best player at the club.


The Argyle player that Camara reminds me the most of in relatively recent times is Jimmy Abdou, who was not great technically but had a load of energy and ball retrieving ability. Abdou was very underrated by a section of the Argyle fanbase-not good enough for the championship and all the rest of it-but went on to play a large amount of championship games for Millwall and was very popular with the support by all accounts [which is an achievement in itself up there]. Camara is well capable of doing the same and it wouldn't be beyond the bounds of possibility that, if the yardstick of standard of football played at is used, then indeed he does prove to be the best outfield player currently at the club.

Best outfield player ? but how do you compare him to say Joe Edwards or even Ryan Hardie who banged in 19 goals
I like Camara and I’d like him to sign a new deal and stay with the club but he’s not irreplaceable, no player is.
A player we  missed last season which did have a detrimental effect on the team was Brendan Galloway, the games that Camara missed didn’t affect us that much.
Just an opinion and I hope he stays, however if he wants away then I hope it happens quickly so SS has time to bring in a replacement

Pedantry at its best, so in your mind he is only one of the best three players at the club? Why get rid of him then? Answer so that Si can buy plastic seats, tarmac and a big telly. It's the same as when we sold Hourihane, Purrington and Bradley we heard the same old tripe coming from you then but saw no player of their ability coming in to replace them, Sheffield Wednesday said they wanted automatic promotion this year, what are aiming for? We just narrowly missed playoffs and there is no chance of even replicating that feat if we break up the team FFS! Sustainable CCC club my arse we will be lucky to stay in this league at this rate but then if you support the chairman over the club then I guess every season is a successful one by your standards.

You can put your interpretation of what I posted if you wish, I have not wrote that he’s one of the best three, what you’ve totally missed is how can we compare a very good midfield player with a very good wing back or centre forward, he may well be the best midfielder.
In regards to the same old tripe comment, I’m not too sure if your a bit challenged or just trying unsuccessfully to wind me up but all those players you mentioned wanted to leave as currently does Camara.
Now I’ll repeat again just in case you haven’t grasped it, I would dearly like Camara to stay but if he’s rejecting an improved contract whatever that might be then what do you propose?
What salary would you offer him for the next 2 years ? that’s assuming you have a grasp of what’s already on offer.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9752
Join date : 2011-10-23

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 4:29 pm

Geez is this still going on?

Camara (and more so his agent) knows exactly what the top whack is that he can expect at Argyle.

He’ll then know that he can double or even treble that, should he go to a club with double our gates and double our budget....like....er....Sheffield Wednesday. Or a Championship club with an additional £10m in tv revenue dropping on the doormat.

Rocket science, it ain’t.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 10675
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 EmptyFri May 27, 2022 5:43 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Geez is this still going on?

Camara (and more so his agent) knows exactly what the top whack is that he can expect at Argyle.

He’ll then know that he can double or even treble that, should he go to a club with double our gates and double our budget....like....er....Sheffield Wednesday. Or a Championship club with an additional £10m in tv revenue dropping on the doormat.

Rocket science, it ain’t.

Sorry Czarks I'm looking at it from the viewpoint of a fan who would like us to not only compete in this league but get to the CCC, you know the same CCC that SI said we would be at by now or next year, we aren't skint and the fee will go on new seats, telly and car park. With that money we could pay Pans wages at ten k a week for two years at least. If Brent had done this all of you would be kicking up fook and rightly so.
I can only hope that SI is tarting the ground up so he can sell it to someone who has bigger aims than league 1 football he is mugging you all off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Panutche Camara
Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Panutche Camara
» Panutche Camara Signs
» Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches
» Karamo Camara
» Camara player of the month for January

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: