Angry
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Panutche Camara - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 12:56 pm

Graiser wrote:
The reported abuse Pans been getting on Twitter over the weekend from so called Argyle fans there’s a bit of me thinking good luck to him if he buggers off.

Or is he getting his excuses in early for when he does bugger off? Seriously in this day and age everyone gets online "abuse" if they have an online presence, just look at the " abuse" that I get for just stating the obvious. Seriously though all the young lads at Argyle must be trained on all things internet and really they need to keep clear of it. It's no different to real life most fans in the ground are good as gold yet it's the one per cent that always get highlighted when the the club or the old bill want to treat us all like c units.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 4:05 pm

Was Pan getting abuse? from the Argyle fans i follow on there and i follow a fair few he had nothing but praise and more please stay tweets. Had there been any they would have lynched the people abusing pan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 4:29 pm

Angry wrote:
Was Pan getting abuse? from the Argyle fans i follow on there and i follow a fair few he had nothing but praise and more please stay tweets. Had there been any they would have lynched the people abusing pan.

I’m not on Twitter but apparently he was getting dogs abuse from some brave keyboard morons, shame really but in their profession I don’t know why the players bother with it, Mayors not on it and good for him
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2022 5:16 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

I’m not on Twitter but apparently he was getting dogs abuse from some brave keyboard morons, shame really but in their profession I don’t know why the players bother with it, Mayors not on it and good for him

And the reality is they were probably City fans anyway. It's the stock response of politicians nowadays as well, "I know I've really upset sixty million people but now I've had a death threat".
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 8:46 am

All a bit quiet on the Pan front, last I heard in July Shoe E was saying he close to a return? Would love to see him in this squad.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 9:08 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
All a bit quiet on the Pan front, last I heard in July Shoe E was saying he close to a return? Would love to see him in this squad.

Time to face the facts Ears. We don't need him and might as well cash him in. If he's still here next week, would he even get in the team?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 9:45 am

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Time to face the facts Ears. We don't need him and might as well cash him in. If he's still here next week, would he even get in the team?

Don't agree with that. If Camara is fit then at the very least he's going to be a strong challenger for a first team berth-is there any evidence that Butcher for example [who has done well so far to be fair] is a better player? Camara was recognised by a fair percentage of Argyle supporters, and indeed by those of other clubs, as one of the better players in the division last season and there's no reason to think that things would change if he was back to the fitness level of last season. Argyle have made a decent start but a long season lies ahead and they will need as much quality in the squad as possible to cope with it especially bearing in mind the fade out towards the end of last year when a play off spot at least should have been attained-if Camara is to be sold then the money needs to be reinvested in a player of equal quality, a route that Argyle have not often taken in the past.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 10:13 am

Greenskin wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Don't agree with that. If Camara is fit then at the very least he's going to be a strong challenger for a first team berth-is there any evidence that Butcher for example [who has done well so far to be fair] is a better player? Camara was recognised by a fair percentage of Argyle supporters, and indeed by those of other clubs, as one of the better players in the division last season and there's no reason to think that things would change if he was back to the fitness level of last season. Argyle have made a decent start but a long season lies ahead and they will need as much quality in the squad as possible to cope with it especially bearing in mind the fade out towards the end of last year when a play off spot at least should have been attained-if Camara is to be sold then the money needs to be reinvested in a player of equal quality, a route that Argyle have not often taken in the past.

It's all to do with your viewpoint I guess? If like Hallett you think that league 1 is great and you don't want to make a push for the CCC for the next five or ten years then crack on and sell him. If on the other hand you would like like to see an actual squad that could keep driving onwards right through until the end of the season then we need him. This was proved last season when we had Edwards, Pan and Hardie out and we were absolutely cack ending up with a five goal beating at home to the fake Dons. The new additions are great but who is to say that they won't get injured or even recalled in January, I know they are season long loans but they will always have clauses. The best thing about Pan is that he is ours and what with Hallet already having the cash for the seats, telly and car park, plus the new £4m for the training pitches I can't see why any real fan would advocate selling him?
Anyway this is all old ground the question I was asking is if Pan is fit or not?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 11:07 am

I don’t think he’s fit. Besides, having turned down a new contract, his head may be elsewhere already.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 1:06 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I don’t think he’s fit. Besides, having turned down a new contract, his head may be elsewhere already.

Lol the old Hourihane position eh? Like it or not he's still our player until the end of the season, we don't need the money, and is he really going to sit out the rest of the season or ty to get back into the team to impress a new club? Also like I've said before do you seriously think we will manage another season without any injuries to our key players? We need a squad not just a team.
My guess is he is still injured/not fit or Sigh would have sold him anyway.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 1:18 pm

What would you rarther have/ Camara sat on the bench or another centre forward/
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 1:39 pm

Grovehill wrote:
What would you rarther have/ Camara sat on the bench or another centre forward/

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! Behave Si. You should re-phrase the question to have a bit more reality, "What would you rarther have/ Camara sat on the bench or another telly?"
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 1:43 pm

Mods Grovey has had his account hacked, he must have he used to moan more than me, I don't believe he has suddenly gone full Aviva on us.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 1:53 pm

Not full Aviva by a long way.

Content with the way a young committed manager is managing the team, but serious doubts about where the front man for US money is taking the club. Think ROI* is now more important at Home Park than GD

*Return on Investment
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 3:31 pm

ATM i dont see Camara getting into this starting 11 ahead of Butcher and Houghton with Randall alternating for one of them. Unless he wants to be here and wins a spot in the first team and signs a new contract i think the club will be more pressing to move him on so they get something for him rather than allow him to sit out his contract and let him walk for free.

Last edited by Angry on Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 4:34 pm

Of course the worst scenario is that he's still here next week and is either unfit or still wanting a move.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 5:58 pm

I don't think Cam was the same after returning from International duty so in all probability is genuinely injured/unfit. That said if there is any wheeling & dealing done over the next couple of days maybe we'll see a straight replacement with once upon a time fans favourite Ryan Broom, who knows in this crazy world of speculation. Personally I'd love to see Cam back fighting for his place ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 7:08 pm

When and if he's fit he's as good or better than anything we have, as for Houghton give her head a wobble, like chalk and cheese FFS. Pan is ours play him we do not need the money, not that any players will be bought if he's sold anyway. You lot are deluded. Res Skinnys post you should listen to him.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 29, 2022 7:53 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
When and if he's fit he's as good or better than anything we have, as for Houghton give her head a wobble, like chalk and cheese FFS. Pan is ours play him we do not need the money, not that any players will be bought if he's sold anyway. You lot are deluded. Res Skinnys post you should listen to him.

I agreed 100% with Skinny's post, we're used to shit and not replacing good players when they're sold. I'd say in recent years Hardie was a good replacement for Ladapo. If Cam was to move on I'd preferably like to see a wing back brought in as a replacement but that's only down to not knowing when our injured are due back. Everyone expected Cooper to move on this summer. We're a different club today than we've been accustomed to, so much more professional, long may it last.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 8:15 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I agreed 100% with Skinny's post, we're used to shit and not replacing good players when they're sold.  I'd say in recent years Hardie was a good replacement for Ladapo.  If Cam was to move on I'd preferably like to see a wing back brought in as a replacement but that's only down to not knowing when our injured are due back.  Everyone expected Cooper to move on this summer.  We're a different club today than we've been accustomed to, so much more professional, long may it last.

It really is as simple as that, of course. It’s just one or two have the mantra of “we’em little Argyle, we’ll always be shit” engrained in their brain. When Ears comes out with “feck Hallett, he don’t like us on the terraces”, as an argument....you realise there’s no genuine debate to be had.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 8:39 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I agreed 100% with Skinny's post, we're used to shit and not replacing good players when they're sold.  I'd say in recent years Hardie was a good replacement for Ladapo.  If Cam was to move on I'd preferably like to see a wing back brought in as a replacement but that's only down to not knowing when our injured are due back.  Everyone expected Cooper to move on this summer.  We're a different club today than we've been accustomed to, so much more professional, long may it last.

It really is as simple as that, of course. It’s just one or two have the mantra of “we’em little Argyle, we’ll always be shit” engrained in their brain. When Ears comes out with “feck Hallett, he don’t like us on the terraces”, as an argument....you realise there’s no genuine debate to be had.

Oh come on Czarky I try reasoned debate all the time but as soon as I point out the money sloshing around in the clubs coffers and we have NO ACTUAL NEED to sell either Pan or Cooper you all put your hands over your ears and no one has come out with a credible argument other than the Hourihane position that you did. I stand by my position on Hallett as well just read all the missives he has put out about yobs and pitch invasions ect, do you really think he's one of the bheys? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 11:39 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Oh come on Czarky I try reasoned debate all the time but as soon as I point out the money sloshing around in the clubs coffers and we have NO ACTUAL NEED to sell either Pan or Cooper you all put your hands over your ears and no one has come out with a credible argument other than the Hourihane position that you did. I stand by my position on Hallett as well just read all the missives he has put out about yobs and pitch invasions ect, do you really think he's one of the bheys? Lol.

But this is just it, only in your head are the club trying to sell Cooper, and the only reason Camara has been touted is because we’ve offered him a new improved contract that he doesn’t wanna sign. As for money sloshing around, again, it’s only ever you I hear bemoaning that, almost like it’s a bad thing we may be healthy, financially.

As for Hallett personally, I’d much rather have someone clearly as financially astute as him running the place, than some Janner ‘Ere Meht Wide Boy (Stapes anyone?)
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 2:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

But this is just it, only in your head are the club trying to sell Cooper, and the only reason Camara has been touted is because  we’ve offered him a new improved contract that he doesn’t wanna sign. As for money sloshing around, again, it’s only ever you I hear bemoaning that, almost like it’s a bad thing we may be healthy, financially.

As for Hallett personally, I’d much rather have someone clearly as financially astute as him running the place, than some Janner ‘Ere Meht Wide Boy (Stapes anyone?)

I'm not moaning about having money I am "moaning" because out of the five or six million quid available to the board this summer not only have they spent NONE OF IT on the team yet we still seem intent on selling Pan and the club are always saying about how highly sought after Coops is. Am I the only one that has any ambition above and beyond being a mid table league 1 club?
As for Stapes he did actually give us some of the best football I've seen in my nearly sixty years of supporting Argyle only bettered by the Tynan, Rafferty and Mariner days of my early youth. Hallet hasn't come close to that yet and is all we need is a few injuries and we could be back to league 2 quicker than you can say I love posh botty. Where Stapes went wrong was not wishing to share the trainset, if he had of done we would have been in the prem for the first time ever and if had been offered four million quid Ollie would have spent it on players not property.
Time will tell with Hallett but I am not the only fan asking these questions and after the recent history of the club I am surprised there aren't more of us tbh, I'm not try to derail anything I am just asking questions and stating the fooking obvious.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 3:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

But this is just it, only in your head are the club trying to sell Cooper, and the only reason Camara has been touted is because  we’ve offered him a new improved contract that he doesn’t wanna sign. As for money sloshing around, again, it’s only ever you I hear bemoaning that, almost like it’s a bad thing we may be healthy, financially.

If SH is as astute with money as people claim, why, despite all the years he has been involved,  is the Club still running at a loss y-o-y?

His career has been built on being able to identify well run businesses, not on making those businesses profitable-someone else does that.

As I've said before, PAFC has top 6 attendances with a mid table budget, but never seems to show a profit for some reason, I don't understand.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2022 3:51 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

If SH is as astute with money as people claim, why, despite all the years he has been involved,  is the Club still running at a loss y-o-y?

His career has been built on  being able to identify well run businesses, not on making those businesses profitable-someone else does that.

As I've said before, PAFC has top 6 attendances with a mid table budget, but never seems to show a profit for some reason, I don't understand.

To state the blindingly obvious Grovey, profit isn’t being made because money has needed to be spent on infrastructure to compensate for the dearth of infrastructure investment over the last decade or two.

Our financial reports are amongst the most transparent in the whole of the league - through choice, so difficult to credibly insinuate foul play innit?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara   Panutche Camara - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Panutche Camara
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next