Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches

Go down 
+7
Les Miserable
Clodagh Rubbish
Jethro
Earwegoagain
seadog
Angry
Tgwu
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu




Posts : 14423
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 4:41 pm

Pan and Luke on International duty

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott have once again been selected for their respective international squads for two fixtures at the end of March.

Camara, who made his international debut for Guinea-Bissau in January’s African Cup of Nations, will be part of the squad to play friendly matches against Angola and Equatorial Guinea in Portugal.

While Luke has been called into the Wales under-21 side to play Switzerland and Bulgaria.

Both will miss the Greens’ Sky Bet League One matches against Cheltenham Town and Ipswich Town at the end of March.

Luke, who has one goal from his four appearances for the Wales under-21 side so far, will travel with his teammates to Lausanne, in Switzerland, for a fixture on Friday, 25 March before travelling back to Wales to take on Bulgaria, in Newport, three days later.

Meanwhile Pan and his Guinea-Bissau side will play both matches, against Angola and Equatorial Guinea, in Portugal as part of their preparations for the African Cup on Nations 2023 qualifying campaign.

Director of Football, Neil Dewsnip, said “It’s a continuing positive indicator that they carry on developing and improving internationally.

"International football is a different challenge and both Luke and Pan have done well when they have been selected previously, which has then helped with their form here at Argyle.

"It’s a positive reflection on them as they are playing with the best and against the best around and it’s a positive reflection on their form for us too, they wouldn’t get selected if they weren’t playing well for Argyle.”


Last edited by Tgwu on Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2604
Join date : 2021-12-06

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 5:04 pm

good luck to them.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14626
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 65
Location : @home or on the piss

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 6:31 pm

Never a bad thing to have Internationals in the squad.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 8:07 pm

I'd rather have them in the run in.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 14423
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 8:53 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I'd rather have them in the run in.


Thumbs
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 14626
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 65
Location : @home or on the piss

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 8:56 pm

True, but it must inspire the rest of the squad too.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8363
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 33
Location : Dorset

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 9:11 pm

Time for Ennis Garrick to step into the breach.

Shame Lewis isn't fit to take Pans place on the bench
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2604
Join date : 2021-12-06

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyWed Mar 09, 2022 9:54 pm

Jethro wrote:
Time for Ennis Garrick to step into the breach.

Shame Lewis isn't fit to take Pans place on the bench

Garrick should be playing ahead of Jephcott now imo.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish




Posts : 351
Join date : 2020-05-28

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 10:04 am

The word on the grapevine is Pan has rejected the offer of a new contract and will be sold in the Summer to Championship club. Think Huddersfield have shown an interest so far. He's not started either of the last 2 home games.

Jephcott I like, he can play with his back to goal more than the other 3. He almost always is the first to be subbed. The last few times I've seen Ennis, notwithstanding the assist for Broom, he hasn't been up to much.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8363
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 33
Location : Dorset

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 12:23 pm

long as we get more then the normal 50 k and half a 6 pack of crisps.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 12:30 pm

If true it's a bit worrying that Pan doesn't see us as a potential CCC club.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7437
Join date : 2014-03-30

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 5:13 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Jephcott I like, he can play with his back to goal more than the other 3. He almost always is the first to be subbed. The last few times I've seen Ennis, notwithstanding the assist for Broom, he hasn't been up to much.


Wholeheartedly agree, our most natural finisher, just needs to limit his pasty intake.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 10208
Join date : 2011-10-23

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 6:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
If true it's a bit worrying that Pan doesn't see us as a potential  CCC club.

I don’t think that has much to do with it. Signing for us now will mean he’s basically signing a league 1 contract, on league 1 wages, with possible, possible uplift in wages if we were to firstly make the play-offs...and win them, which looking at the clubs around us is realistically a big ask.

He’ll go where he can get the maximum wonga, as is the case with 95% of mercenary players.


Last edited by Czarcasm on Thu Mar 10, 2022 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 10208
Join date : 2011-10-23

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 6:07 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Jephcott I like, he can play with his back to goal more than the other 3. He almost always is the first to be subbed. The last few times I've seen Ennis, notwithstanding the assist for Broom, he hasn't been up to much.


Wholeheartedly agree, our most natural finisher, just needs to limit his pasty intake.

The reason he gets subbed is mostly down to his lack of stamina. Not his fault, but he just isn’t a natural athlete. Luckily he makes up for that with his knack of being a right-time, right-place goal poacher. Which makes him a worthy addition in our front four.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5817
Join date : 2015-07-08

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 6:11 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I'd rather have them in the run in.


Thumbs
same here they only friendys ..surely the run in’s more important then a couple of poxy friendlys that they might not even get picked to play in
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptyThu Mar 10, 2022 7:49 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
If true it's a bit worrying that Pan doesn't see us as a potential  CCC club.

I don’t think that has much to do with it. Signing for us now will mean he’s basically signing a league 1 contract, on league 1 wages, with possible, possible uplift in wages if we were to firstly make the play-offs...and win them, which looking at the clubs around us is realistically a big ask.

He’ll go where he can get the maximum wonga, as is the case with 95% of mercenary players.

I do understand the mercenary nature of footballers and people in general, what I was hoping for was a squad of players who actually believe that next year we can go up in the autos. I don't want us to get promoted this year as I think we'd get bounced right back down then you have problems with players leaving and even sliding down another league. After the season we've had I do think we should hit the playoffs and natural progression would be promotion next season. To do all that you need a Luggy type squad that all want to be here and be a Green, hence the disappointment with Pan. Hey ho I'm fifty eight and always been a green so I'm used to it.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish




Posts : 351
Join date : 2020-05-28

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 8:10 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
If true it's a bit worrying that Pan doesn't see us as a potential  CCC club.

I don’t think that has much to do with it. Signing for us now will mean he’s basically signing a league 1 contract, on league 1 wages, with possible, possible uplift in wages if we were to firstly make the play-offs...and win them, which looking at the clubs around us is realistically a big ask.

He’ll go where he can get the maximum wonga, as is the case with 95% of mercenary players.

I do understand the mercenary nature of footballers and people in general, what I was hoping for was a squad of players who actually believe that next year we can go up in the autos. I don't want us to get promoted this year as I think we'd get bounced right back down then you have problems with players leaving and even sliding down another league. After the season we've had I do think we should hit the playoffs and natural progression would be promotion next season. To do all that you need a Luggy type squad that all want to be here and be a Green, hence the disappointment with Pan. Hey ho I'm fifty eight and always been a green so I'm used to it.

Agreesith Czarto put it in such terms he's probably on 2-3k currently at a guess. The offer on the table would maybe double his wages, however he could yet double that again at a mid table championship side.

Interesting we've made this public, we have a lot of players about to enter their final year, assume there is interest out there and we're trying to smoke it out.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 14423
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 1:31 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
If true it's a bit worrying that Pan doesn't see us as a potential  CCC club.

I don’t think that has much to do with it. Signing for us now will mean he’s basically signing a league 1 contract, on league 1 wages, with possible, possible uplift in wages if we were to firstly make the play-offs...and win them, which looking at the clubs around us is realistically a big ask.

He’ll go where he can get the maximum wonga, as is the case with 95% of mercenary players.

I do understand the mercenary nature of footballers and people in general, what I was hoping for was a squad of players who actually believe that next year we can go up in the autos. I don't want us to get promoted this year as I think we'd get bounced right back down then you have problems with players leaving and even sliding down another league. After the season we've had I do think we should hit the playoffs and natural progression would be promotion next season. To do all that you need a Luggy type squad that all want to be here and be a Green, hence the disappointment with Pan. Hey ho I'm fifty eight and always been a green so I'm used to it.

Agreesith Czarto put it in such terms he's probably on 2-3k currently at a guess. The offer on the table would maybe double his wages, however he could yet double that again at a mid table championship side.

Interesting we've made this public, we have a lot of players about to enter their final year, assume there is interest out there and we're trying to smoke it out.

Do you think Preston be one of them? or Barnsley and Burnley who are among a dozen clubs who are interested in Plymouth’s Panutche Camara
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish




Posts : 351
Join date : 2020-05-28

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 1:47 pm

Have only heard Huddersfield being mentioned. Critchlow plus cash maybe, would be surprised if Lowe doesn't go in for him along with Conor Grant.

Interesting you say a dozen, which suggests we are trying to start a bidding war. I think at long last we have proper sound football people running the club not out of their depth provincial businessmen or or asset stripping financiers.

We'll either get what we want for the player or we'll get him for another season, I reckon around £2-£300,000 .
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 2:20 pm

I will repeat what I said before that is that its is a shame that Pan doesn't see us a reliable vehicle to get to the CCC, we have seen glimpses of the togetherness I am talking about in the Luggy and Ollie sides. We will never become a proper CCC established side (as the absentee owner likes to keep reminding us) whilst we are a selling club.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 4:03 pm

Not sure why all the panic about Camara, he’s been off it for a few games now, and I would prefer it if he stayed but I don’t think he’d be such a big loss, however if he doesn’t want to sign a new contract then that’s it, the choice is do the club put him up for sale in the summer or let him run down his contract and he leaves for sod all ?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2178
Join date : 2012-01-24

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 4:18 pm

Recruitment in the last two windows has been pretty good.

If a couple of players decide they want to go, I'm sure they can be replaced.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 4:25 pm

You are all choosing to ignore the point that I'm trying to make which is I was hoping we had a squad that would stick together like the Luggy and Ollie era's did. Don't you think that Friio, Coughoan and Halmosi weren't offered jobs elsewhere? I get the feeling this squad is nearly, very nearly a promotion side but Pan is one of our better players and even if we had the money we received for him to spend on another player (which we were won't) players like him don't grow on trees. Let's not forget it took a couple of years for him to become the player he is now.
Selling our best players can only make us weaker no matter how you spin it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 5:34 pm

I think we do have a squad that are together, Friio was here just over 4 years and then buggered of as did Coughlan, Halmosi only played just over 50 games and didn’t complete 2 years with us so he was hardly mister loyal, in the era we’re now in players loyalties are to themselves and I don’t blame them for that, so if Camara won’t sign a new deal (and it’s all conjecture at the moment) then the club has the choice to sell him for a decent fee or they hang on to him for the next 12 months and he potentially would leave for nothing, so what’s the club to do in that scenario?
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish




Posts : 351
Join date : 2020-05-28

Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches EmptySun Mar 13, 2022 6:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
You are all choosing to ignore the point that I'm trying to make which is I was hoping we had a squad that would stick together like the Luggy and Ollie era's did. Don't you think that Friio, Coughoan and Halmosi weren't offered jobs elsewhere? I get the feeling this squad is nearly, very nearly a promotion side but Pan is one of our better players and even if we had the money we received for him to spend on another player (which we were won't) players like him don't grow on trees. Let's not forget it took a couple of years for him to become the player he is now.
Selling our best players can only make us weaker no matter how you spin it.

I'd trust the process. The days of Fletch scouting Bournemouths reserves for a player or two and Jimmy siphoning off his consultancy wedge are long gone.

Anyway, we've literally won the last 3 he's not started.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty
PostSubject: Re: Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches   Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Panutche Camara and Luke Jephcott to miss two matches
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Panutche Camara
» Panutche Camara
» Panutche Camara Signs
» International Duty Jephcott and Galloway will miss Accrington
» LUKE JEPHCOTT has sign a new contract

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: