Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Disaster in the Channel

Go down 
+7
mouldyoldgoat
Czarcasm
seadog
Jethro
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
Frank Bullitt
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Frank Bullitt

Frank Bullitt


Posts : 6436
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 4:56 pm

At least 24 dead.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Horrific.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7774
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 105
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 6:07 pm

29 dead now with 5 missing

Frank.....Unless I'm mistaken Priti Patel has still not paid the agreed 53 Million Euro to France (as agreed previously) for the French to take action  ??

Course it doesnt the smuggling gangs but frankly more blood on our Governments hands, Just listening to that catastrophic prick Johnson claim "no stone unturned" to stop it

Pray tell Johnson is that the same as "moving heaven and earth" over recovering the Afghans  ??

Drunken bum
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 9445
Join date : 2017-09-09

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 6:22 pm

Feck off you odious little prick there is way more blood on Macrons hands than anybody in the UK because they refuse to police their borders unless we pay them.
Of course the real bad guys are the people smugglers.
My thoughts go out to the people involved and their families you immediately get a hard on about a new source of Boris bashing. Biggest cnut on here ever.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 9445
Join date : 2017-09-09

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 pm

French authorities have recovered 31 bodies so all this blood is on French hands. Put the kleenex away Harve.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 6933
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 31
Location : Dorset

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 6:52 pm

As bad as we think this country is there's people willing to take risks like that to get here.

No one should die in search of a better life.

Whatever means they use to try reach it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 6:57 pm

this is nothing to do with boris/uk and everything to do with human trafficker's that france cant/wont crack down on and not patrolling its own coastlines and stopping 31+ people in a dinghy attempting to cross the channel.

its very sad to hear of these deaths but i cant say its shocking to me as this was always going happen eventually. Perhaps now Macron will stop playing games and act
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 12942
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 63
Location : @ sea or @home

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 8:25 pm

RIP to them all.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9517
Join date : 2011-10-23

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 10:36 pm

Tragic.

What I’m not fully versed on, is what exactly can these people get in the UK, that is worth risking your life for and that you cannot get, in France?

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat


Posts : 14215
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 59
Location : Berkshire

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 11:19 pm

This...

'French police watched people smugglers putting to sea with an extra-large dinghy just hours before more than 30 migrants drowned in the Channel.

A group of more than 40 migrants was photographed on Tuesday carrying a 30ft inflatable dinghy on the northern French coast near Wimereux, as French police appeared to look on and do nothing.

The migrants, including at least five children, were spotted going into the water in the early hours of the morning. Yards away was a French police car with at least two officers inside who appeared to do nothing, despite the French government vowing that forces would be in action "night and day" to stop the crossings.

The picture was taken before French patrol vessels found corpses in the water off the port of Calais after a migrant vessel sank. At least 33 people died in the worst single loss of life of migrants crossing the Channel in recent times, including five woman and one young girl.

After the large boat was seen going into the water at Wimereux, Natalie Elphicke, Tory MP for Dover, said the French were "playing us for fools".

"It’s infuriating to see pictures of the French authorities seemingly standing by and just watching while migrants pile into small boats and launch themselves into the water," she said.

"The French said they would take action, but you have to wonder if they are just playing us for fools."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyWed Nov 24, 2021 11:47 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
This...

'French police watched people smugglers putting to sea with an extra-large dinghy just hours before more than 30 migrants drowned in the Channel.

A group of more than 40 migrants was photographed on Tuesday carrying a 30ft inflatable dinghy on the northern French coast near Wimereux, as French police appeared to look on and do nothing.

The migrants, including at least five children, were spotted going into the water in the early hours of the morning. Yards away was a French police car with at least two officers inside who appeared to do nothing, despite the French government vowing that forces would be in action "night and day" to stop the crossings.

The picture was taken before French patrol vessels found corpses in the water off the port of Calais after a migrant vessel sank. At least 33 people died in the worst single loss of life of migrants crossing the Channel in recent times, including five woman and one young girl.

After the large boat was seen going into the water at Wimereux, Natalie Elphicke, Tory MP for Dover, said the French were "playing us for fools".

"It’s infuriating to see pictures of the French authorities seemingly standing by and just watching while migrants pile into small boats and launch themselves into the water," she said.

"The French said they would take action, but you have to wonder if they are just playing us for fools."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/french-police-stood-by-and-watched-migrants-hours-before-deadly-channel-crossing/ar-AAR5hQe?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

the heartless actions of the french to standby and allow them to cast off knowing full well they wouldnt make it is disgusting.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7774
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 105
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 5:23 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Feck off you odious little prick there is way more blood on Macrons hands than anybody in the UK because they refuse to police their borders unless we pay them.
Of course the real bad guys are the people smugglers.
My thoughts go out to the people involved and their families you immediately get a hard on about a new source of Boris bashing. Biggest cnut on here ever.

This is the issue with seriously thick twats like you (and make no mistake you are thick) you fooking steam in without reading

I'll spell it out for you fella. We fooking left the EU as "we wanted to take control of our borders" and the French attitude currently is entirely predictable

Read my lips cretin "Patel agreed to pay the French £53 Million to enhance border controls to help to stop the peoples smugglers"

As of fooking last week we still hadn't paid citing "transfer difficulties" as per the BBC news......yes the search engines will claim we agreed to pay it. As of last week we hadn't.......now if they've finally paid it fair play but as per fooking normal there is an enormous difference between what Johnson blusters as opposed to what he eventually does (if ever)

Now if this catastrophic government had paid it back in July as per the Times and Telegraph yesterday almost certainly wouldn't have happened.....they would have ramped up and enacted their part of the agreement 3-4 months ago

Yesterday was an accident waiting to happen that could have been nipped in the bud from January of 2021. As per normal we have utter lunatics running the show with that vile assassin Patel spouting her racist bollacks (last week Patel wants to install a asylum claim centre in Albania....PM of Albania needless to say knew absolutely nothing about it.... more gaslighting from the vile bitch)... I'll remind you in addition Dominic Kung Fu Raab didnt even know where Calais was. Mind boggling

How the fook you can even tie your shoelaces is quite astonishing

By the way Ears how many people has Johnson retrieved from Afghanistan under his "moving heaven and earth" programme

RIP to all that lost their lives.....out
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7774
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 105
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 7:07 am


Further words utterly utterly utterly superfluous

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

Frank Bullitt


Posts : 6436
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 7:40 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Tragic.

What I’m not fully versed on, is what exactly can these people get in the UK, that is worth risking your life for and that you cannot get, in France?



They are here to work. It’s as simple as that. We have an economy that (cough) easily supports illegal working. Add on familial links, common language and the fact this country is still a decent place to live means that people will always want to come here. Even with all that, we still a less attractive destination than Germany and France.

As I have explained before, the channel used to be seen as too difficult to cross. But Covid meant it was the only route open and despite yesterday’s tragedy, it’s a far easier and more lucrative for the smugglers to get people across.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9517
Join date : 2011-10-23

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 8:00 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Tragic.

What I’m not fully versed on, is what exactly can these people get in the UK, that is worth risking your life for and that you cannot get, in France?



They are here to work. It’s as simple as that. We have an economy that (cough) easily supports illegal working. Add on familial links, common language and the fact this country is still a decent place to live means that people will always want to come here. Even with all that, we still a less attractive destination than Germany and France.

As I have explained before, the channel used to be seen as too difficult to cross. But Covid meant it was the only route open and despite yesterday’s tragedy, it’s a far easier and more lucrative for the smugglers to get people across.

Thanks Frank. So the majority of these aren’t here to claim asylum, they’re here to melt into the shadows and live as illegals?

Another question....

So are these large inflatables actually ’skippered’ by one of the smuggling gangs? Surely if it’s intercepted in the channel or on arrival on a beach, then that skipper faces arrest? Or are the migrants simply pointed in the direction of the UK and one of them has a go skippering it? If it’s the latter, that makes it even more rediculous to risk it.
Back to top Go down
POI

POI


Posts : 667
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Pfft

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 8:08 am

Despite this tragic event, nothing will change. Ping-pong politics between Macron and Johnson, sound bites from Patel, frothing at the mouth from right-wingers, jabbing at the keyboard from the social media court of human rights, sniping from the opposition etc etc bla bla bla. Total word salad.

'Del Amitri' was right you know: "The Needle Returns To The start Of The Song And We All Sing Along Like Before"
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

Frank Bullitt


Posts : 6436
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 8:16 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Tragic.

What I’m not fully versed on, is what exactly can these people get in the UK, that is worth risking your life for and that you cannot get, in France?



They are here to work. It’s as simple as that. We have an economy that (cough) easily supports illegal working. Add on familial links, common language and the fact this country is still a decent place to live means that people will always want to come here. Even with all that, we still a less attractive destination than Germany and France.

As I have explained before, the channel used to be seen as too difficult to cross. But Covid meant it was the only route open and despite yesterday’s tragedy, it’s a far easier and more lucrative for the smugglers to get people across.

Thanks Frank. So the majority of these aren’t here to claim asylum, they’re here to melt into the shadows and live as illegals?

Another question....

So are these large inflatables actually ’skippered’ by one of the smuggling gangs? Surely if it’s intercepted in the channel or on arrival on a beach, then that skipper faces arrest? Or are the migrants simply pointed in the direction of the UK and one of them has a go skippering it? If it’s the latter, that makes it even more rediculous to risk it.

I don’t believe they are genuine asylum seekers. When you meet a real asylum seeker you know it. I had a brief involvement with some of the recent Afghan escapees and it was genuinely harrowing.

Almost all of the “asylum” seekers I have met have claimed asylum after they have been caught by IE or BF. Claiming asylum means that we have to take your claim seriously, despite it being utter bullshit. It means that you get released from detention/custody whilst the claim is considered. Basically it’s a “get out of jail free” card.

Most won’t claim benefits and go into the system because it means they are easily traceable. Obviously there are lots who don’t do this because they know they will be granted permission to stay because we don’t return people to Iran/Somalia etc.

I am not sure who skippers the inflatables. As the numbers of crossings increases the MO of the smugglers changes. There are lots of other routes they will attempt if the Calais route gets closed down.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 9517
Join date : 2011-10-23

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 8:32 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Tragic.

What I’m not fully versed on, is what exactly can these people get in the UK, that is worth risking your life for and that you cannot get, in France?



They are here to work. It’s as simple as that. We have an economy that (cough) easily supports illegal working. Add on familial links, common language and the fact this country is still a decent place to live means that people will always want to come here. Even with all that, we still a less attractive destination than Germany and France.

As I have explained before, the channel used to be seen as too difficult to cross. But Covid meant it was the only route open and despite yesterday’s tragedy, it’s a far easier and more lucrative for the smugglers to get people across.

Thanks Frank. So the majority of these aren’t here to claim asylum, they’re here to melt into the shadows and live as illegals?

Another question....

So are these large inflatables actually ’skippered’ by one of the smuggling gangs? Surely if it’s intercepted in the channel or on arrival on a beach, then that skipper faces arrest? Or are the migrants simply pointed in the direction of the UK and one of them has a go skippering it? If it’s the latter, that makes it even more rediculous to risk it.

I don’t believe they are genuine asylum seekers. When you meet a real asylum seeker you know it. I had a brief involvement with some of the recent Afghan escapees and it was genuinely harrowing.

Almost all of the “asylum” seekers I have met have claimed asylum after they have been caught by IE or BF. Claiming asylum means that we have to take your claim seriously, despite it being utter bullshit. It means that you get released from detention/custody whilst the claim is considered. Basically it’s a “get out of jail free” card.

Most won’t claim benefits and go into the system because it means they are easily traceable. Obviously there are lots who don’t do this because they know they will be granted permission to stay because we don’t return people to Iran/Somalia etc.

I am not sure who skippers the inflatables. As the numbers of crossings increases the MO of the smugglers changes. There are lots of other routes they will attempt if the Calais route gets closed down.

Cheers Frank. A proper ongoing shit-show ain’t it.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

Frank Bullitt


Posts : 6436
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 8:57 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Tragic.

What I’m not fully versed on, is what exactly can these people get in the UK, that is worth risking your life for and that you cannot get, in France?



They are here to work. It’s as simple as that. We have an economy that (cough) easily supports illegal working. Add on familial links, common language and the fact this country is still a decent place to live means that people will always want to come here. Even with all that, we still a less attractive destination than Germany and France.

As I have explained before, the channel used to be seen as too difficult to cross. But Covid meant it was the only route open and despite yesterday’s tragedy, it’s a far easier and more lucrative for the smugglers to get people across.

Thanks Frank. So the majority of these aren’t here to claim asylum, they’re here to melt into the shadows and live as illegals?

Another question....

So are these large inflatables actually ’skippered’ by one of the smuggling gangs? Surely if it’s intercepted in the channel or on arrival on a beach, then that skipper faces arrest? Or are the migrants simply pointed in the direction of the UK and one of them has a go skippering it? If it’s the latter, that makes it even more rediculous to risk it.

I don’t believe they are genuine asylum seekers. When you meet a real asylum seeker you know it. I had a brief involvement with some of the recent Afghan escapees and it was genuinely harrowing.

Almost all of the “asylum” seekers I have met have claimed asylum after they have been caught by IE or BF. Claiming asylum means that we have to take your claim seriously, despite it being utter bullshit. It means that you get released from detention/custody whilst the claim is considered. Basically it’s a “get out of jail free” card.

Most won’t claim benefits and go into the system because it means they are easily traceable. Obviously there are lots who don’t do this because they know they will be granted permission to stay because we don’t return people to Iran/Somalia etc.

I am not sure who skippers the inflatables. As the numbers of crossings increases the MO of the smugglers changes. There are lots of other routes they will attempt if the Calais route gets closed down.

Cheers Frank. A proper ongoing shit-show ain’t it.

Absolute clusterfuck. But we have known for years that a tragedy like yesterday was going to happen. And it will happen again.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 9445
Join date : 2017-09-09

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 9:26 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Feck off you odious little prick there is way more blood on Macrons hands than anybody in the UK because they refuse to police their borders unless we pay them.
Of course the real bad guys are the people smugglers.
My thoughts go out to the people involved and their families you immediately get a hard on about a new source of Boris bashing. Biggest cnut on here ever.

This is the issue with seriously thick twats like you (and make no mistake you are thick) you fooking steam in without reading

I'll spell it out for you fella. We fooking left the EU as "we wanted to take control of our borders" and the French attitude currently is entirely predictable

Read my lips cretin "Patel agreed to pay the French £53 Million to enhance border controls to help to stop the peoples smugglers"

As of fooking last week we still hadn't paid citing "transfer difficulties" as per the BBC news......yes the search engines will claim we agreed to pay it. As of last week we hadn't.......now if they've finally paid it fair play but as per fooking normal there is an enormous difference between what Johnson blusters as opposed to what he eventually does (if ever)

Now if this catastrophic government had paid it back in July as per the Times and Telegraph yesterday almost certainly wouldn't have happened.....they would have ramped up and enacted their part of the agreement 3-4 months ago

Yesterday was an accident waiting to happen that could have been nipped in the bud from January of 2021. As per normal we have utter lunatics running the show with that vile assassin Patel spouting her racist bollacks (last week Patel wants to install a asylum claim centre in Albania....PM of Albania needless to say knew absolutely nothing about it.... more gaslighting from the vile bitch)... I'll remind you in addition Dominic Kung Fu Raab didnt even know where Calais was. Mind boggling

How the fook you can even tie your shoelaces is quite astonishing

By the way Ears how many people has Johnson retrieved from Afghanistan under his "moving heaven and earth" programme

RIP to all that lost their lives.....out

Feck you what part of "French Police sat in their car and watched as 33 migrants carried an inflatable boat down the beach" don't you understand? Your take of is because Patel hadn't paid the police to do anything then that makes it the fault of the UK? Every drop of this blood is on French hands period.
You are a vile excuse for a human being and your bitterness exceeds any small amount of intelligence that you possess, and lets not forget you voted for the "shitshow" at least every other leaver in the UK "owns it".
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin



Posts : 12942
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 63
Location : @ sea or @home

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 10:05 am

Aye POI, Swimming with your boots on.

Have you heard the new Del Boy's? Excellent.
Back to top Go down
POI

POI


Posts : 667
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Pfft

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 10:18 am

seadog wrote:
Aye POI, Swimming with your boots on.

Have you heard the new Del Boy's? Excellent.


Not yet Dog. All time taken up with mastering 'Man Of Constant Sorrow' on me Hillbilly guitar.


OFF TOPIC - OFF TOPIC..................................Macron out! Peppa Pig in.
Back to top Go down
POI

POI


Posts : 667
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Pfft

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 10:23 am

Reuters claims the French have arrested 5 people over yesterday's tragedy in the Channel.

So they do know who's responsible for the vile trade of people smuggling!

Pretty tragic shit that it takes something like this for the French authorities to actually do something.

What a mess.
Back to top Go down
Frank Bullitt

Frank Bullitt


Posts : 6436
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Right in front of you....

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 11:33 am

I am not an expert on the PAF, but some context if the roles were reversed:

We got rid of embarkation checks over 25 years ago. That means that we don't check people leaving the country at airports or seaports.

At most ports barely have enough BF staff to cover the basic inbound duties. We have had almost no recruitment for operational officers for 2 years. What little we have had doesn't cover the amount of people who have left.

If the roles were reversed and we had to stop people leaving UK beaches we would not be able to do it.

And how do you do it? What can a BF or Police patrol of probably 2 officers do to stop a group of 30 people? How big an area do those 2 officers have to patrol? If they do encounter an outbound boat can they call on support from the next nearest patrol? What if that patrol is busy too? How many officers do you need to patrol Plymouth Sound or Bantham beach or Whitsands? Obviously it would be helpful if the migrants just use one boat at a time, but what if two set off from the same place at the same time?

Who pays for this? If the migrants want to go to France why should the GB taxpayer have to pay to stop them travelling? What would Nigel Garage have to say about that?

Even if the French gave us £54 million we wouldn't be able to recruit and train suitable staff in time to make a difference. Imagine the outrage if we had to divert Police and BF staff from their normal jobs so that we could stop people that we don't want here from leaving the country, all while we are getting slammed by the French press and their shit head politicians.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 12:05 pm

POI wrote:
Reuters claims the French have arrested 5 people over yesterday's tragedy in the Channel.

So they do know who's responsible for the vile trade of people smuggling!

Pretty tragic shit that it takes something like this for the French authorities to actually do something.

What a mess.

to be fair the french always react too late to anything its their cultural heritage
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 9445
Join date : 2017-09-09

Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel EmptyThu Nov 25, 2021 1:43 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I am not an expert on the PAF, but some context if the roles were reversed:

We got rid of embarkation checks over 25 years ago. That means that we don't check people leaving the country at airports or seaports.

At most ports barely have enough BF staff to cover the basic inbound duties. We have had almost no recruitment for operational officers for 2 years. What little we have had doesn't cover the amount of people who have left.

If the roles were reversed and we had to stop people leaving UK beaches we would not be able to do it.

And how do you do it? What can a BF or Police patrol of probably 2 officers do to stop a group of 30 people? How big an area do those 2 officers have to patrol? If they do encounter an outbound boat can they call on support from the next nearest patrol? What if that patrol is busy too? How many officers do you need to patrol Plymouth Sound or Bantham beach or Whitsands? Obviously it would be helpful if the migrants just use one boat at a time, but what if two set off from the same place at the same time?

Who pays for this? If the migrants want to go to France why should the GB taxpayer have to pay to stop them travelling? What would Nigel Garage have to say about that?

Even if the French gave us £54 million we wouldn't be able to recruit and train suitable staff in time to make a difference. Imagine the outrage if we had to divert Police and BF staff from their normal jobs so that we could stop people that we don't want here from leaving the country, all while we are getting slammed by the French press and their shit head politicians.

You're sounding as bad as Harve is now Frank the French police should obviously hold the 30 people up whilst radioing for reinforcements to try and stop them from dying. The excuse so far is that the French are blameless because no way can they patrol their borders because they are too big and secondly we aren't paying them to do so lol. There are numerous photos of French police watching said migrants load into unseaworthy craft and set out into the channel where your life expectancy would be about twenty minutes in the water at this time of year. The French have a policy of ignoring any people smugglers which must be admitted as fact even by yourself now.
I thank my lucky stars that it was an English copper who singlehandedly waded in with his truncheon to a group of about twenty Cardiff fans who kicked fook out of me not far from Cardiff city centre about twenty years ago as it was I had a broken nose, broken ribs and my face was black and blue not to mention a severe concussion, he saved my life imo and Priti Patel or the French didn't pay that guy at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Disaster in the Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disaster in the Channel   Disaster in the Channel Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Disaster in the Channel
Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: