Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phillipines disaster

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Phillipines disaster Empty
PostSubject: Phillipines disaster   Phillipines disaster EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Terrible, Peggy was suggesting to text DONATE to 70000 to donate £5, I've done that, I suggested shelter box as another worthwhile charity.
I was looking at flying out and volunteering but it's too early to do so yet, you could end up being a burden. Does anybody know anything about the global volunteer network? You can start a fundraising effort and if you raise $500 you get priority to get there as a volunteer. I could easily raise that amount, the question is does it all get there?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phillipines disaster   Phillipines disaster EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 5:08 pm

Not something I know anything about the old volunteering but just to say Kaz's Aunt Edna isn't over there at the moment, they went away for the weekend so although her friends and family have been affected they're all safe at least.

Makes a mockery of the chaos we have here when the wind got up a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phillipines disaster   Phillipines disaster EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 5:29 pm

I would suspect that not all of it does given underlying costs.
But at least you will be within the eyes of the people you are there to help and probably make new friends which could be a good thing. Plus some gratification in what you achieve and you may even surprise yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phillipines disaster   Phillipines disaster Empty

Back to top Go down

Phillipines disaster
Page 1 of 1