Les Miserable
Freathy
mouldyoldgoat
Earwegoagain
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

EURO 2020  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 10:24 pm

never been a huge Pickford fan especially watching him Playing for Everton but i have to say he has been reliable when called apon when hes been needed with some fantastic saves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 11:03 pm

What is it with these players, just blast the Bleddy thing, all this stopping, shuffling and looking and tapping it, you could put your mortgage on Wotton he always wacked it down the middle, trying to be smart arses
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 11:04 pm

Southgate has received pages and pages of praise in the press this week but he was entirely responsible for that fiasco. Exact replica of the semi final v Croatia, sat back for the entire second half with inevitable consequences and when it was very clear that an injection was needed sent on an 18 year old kid, with an abundance of experience sat getting splinters up their arses on the bench. As for the penalty shoot out, anyone who uses a feckin stuttering run again should be shot, Pickford did all the hard work and was abysmally let down by the penalty takers. All of the "glorious failure shit" doesn't wash with me-England had two great opportunities to win this match and blew it, Italy ultimately were deserved winners.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 11:10 pm

Oh well bring on the World Cup.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 11:15 pm

Where was Sterling and Grealish, bring on 2 subs for 2 mins with very little game time throughout the tournament and they become penalty takers, no sense at all, Southgate ballsed it up in the end, tosser!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 11:21 pm

F.U.C.K

Southgate why didnt you just go for it in extra time we probably would have won this if you did and why wait to put Rashford and Sancho on for aslong as they where and allow them to do those stupid showboating pens that backfired badly. He is too defensive minded for his own good at times much like Ryan Lowe is too attack minded for his own good too. Both ignore the other when its needed.

I wont blame them for this loss or Saka it was clear they worked on those types of pens for that kind of keeper i will blame Southgate for bottling it when it was ripe for the picking.

this loss hurts Sad

i blame boris of course

on towards Qatar 2022.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 11:30 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Southgate has received pages and pages of praise in the press this week but he was entirely responsible for that fiasco. Exact replica of the semi final v Croatia, sat back for the entire second half with inevitable consequences and when it was very clear that an injection was needed sent on an 18 year old kid,  with an abundance of experience sat getting splinters up their arses on the bench. As for the penalty shoot out, anyone who uses a feckin stuttering run again should be shot, Pickford did all the hard work and was abysmally let down by the penalty takers. All of the "glorious failure shit" doesn't wash with me-England had two great opportunities to win this match and blew it, Italy ultimately were deserved winners.
I've got a lot of time for you Greenskin as a poster but thats total bollocks, we took it to a penalty shoot out how the fvck is that Southgates fault ?
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 11:32 pm

Graiser wrote:
Where was Sterling and Grealish, bring on 2 subs for 2 mins with very little game time throughout the tournament and they become penalty takers, no sense at all, Southgate ballsed it up in the end, tosser!
Southgate is a great bloke and a good manager, to be called a tosser by a cnut like you takes the biscuit, feck off to pasoti they are made for you,
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 11:42 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Southgate has received pages and pages of praise in the press this week but he was entirely responsible for that fiasco. Exact replica of the semi final v Croatia, sat back for the entire second half with inevitable consequences and when it was very clear that an injection was needed sent on an 18 year old kid,  with an abundance of experience sat getting splinters up their arses on the bench. As for the penalty shoot out, anyone who uses a feckin stuttering run again should be shot, Pickford did all the hard work and was abysmally let down by the penalty takers. All of the "glorious failure shit" doesn't wash with me-England had two great opportunities to win this match and blew it, Italy ultimately were deserved winners.
I've got a lot of time for you Greenskin as a poster but thats total bollocks, we took it to a penalty shoot out how the fvck is that Southgates fault ?

Didn't you notice the almost uncanny similarity between this match and the semi final against Croatia? Sat back on the edge of the box for the entire second half with absolutely no chance of playing to the strengths of Kane and Sterling, who hardly received a decent ball for the entire half. And to say "total bollocks" doesn't really address the question of why an 18 year old kid was brought on when there were so many more experienced players sat on the bench-not hindsight either, couldn't believe it at the time and still don't. Southgate has done very well overall and i'm not advocating his sacking or anything ridiculous but he isn't immune from criticism and it would seem to be a reasonable point of view to think that he could have done things better for future reference as much as anything else.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptySun Jul 11, 2021 11:53 pm

Yep Mancini 1 Southgate 0 Mancini changed it second half and Southgate didn't, you could see the goal coming then we sat back to protect a one all FFS, loads of fresh legs on the bench. Rashford only just got on to take his penalty, like Skinny said Pickford stood up don't blame Rashford and Saka as much as Southgate for not changeling things.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 5:35 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Southgate is a great bloke and a good manager, to be called a tosser by a cnut like you takes the biscuit, feck off to pasoti they are made for you,

Now you understand Suffers why he such a grade 1 roaster on certain other threads as well
Thick as pig shit.

I said 1-1 at 90 and neither side really looked like scoring in E/T

The stuttering penalty run up should be removed from the game.....time after time no matter who the team is we see penalties missed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 6:08 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Any comment coming from you just doesn’t register with me as your just an ignorant little person who can very easily dish out the abuse from behind the keyboard, your not much better than those who’ve racially abused Rashford, Sancho and Saka.
Just a sad little person
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 7:06 am

The Royal Box yesterday....everyone dressed accordingly except for one small child on the left. Just appalling. Go on feckin defend that fanboys !!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 9:06 am

^^

Cmon defend it or is reality finally hitting home.........! If it isn't than it should be.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 10:17 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

The Royal Box yesterday....everyone dressed accordingly except for one small child on the left. Just appalling. Go on feckin defend that fanboys !!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

While we wallow in a slough of despair, some of our number possibly regret posting some remarks after our hopes of winning the tournament had been cruelly dashed. However, while those posters may have been discussing tactics and players in white shirts we have Harve seemingly only interested in the white shirt worn by the Prime Minister. While the thread dealt initially with our hopes, opinions and aspirations as we progressed match by match, Harve's only concerned is not so much the football on view but continuing his never-ending diatribe against Johnson. In our hour of utter despondency I wish he'd STFU!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 12:00 pm

I suppose there's never a bad time to score, but is it possible that we scored too early in the game? Fine it we carried on as we started and kept the Italians under pressure for the majority of the game, we could have got a couple more and been comfortable, but we never really looked dangerous after that first goal, and tried to sit on a one goal lead for 88 mins - never a good idea.

As for penalties, it's always a lottery and fair play to the 5 who stood up and took them, even though the last 3 were poor pens.

Big chance to win the Euros gone because of caution and possibly a lack of self belief after years of failure.

On the plus side we do have some very good young players who will be a force for years to come, so the future does look bright, if they can learn to win games in normal time.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 12:09 pm

I am still in utter disbelief that with the strongest bench we've had in years Southgate declined to use it. The pundits said before the game that Southgate has been criticised for being over cautious but as we got the finals then his tactics were spot on, well they weren't last night. I rather would have lost three nil and go down fighting than that shit show last night. Massive chance lost.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 12:13 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

^^

Cmon defend it or is reality finally hitting home.........!  If it isn't than it should be.

You really are a complete tosser aren't you? Why should anybody defend it? What is there to defend? Sure he doesn't cut a dashing or stylish figure like maybe Theresa May or maybe John Major would have (complete sarcasm obvs because they aren't voted in for their style) and it's about the football not who's watching the fookin game or what they wear. STFU just for a day and stop politicising every fookin thread.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Graiser wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Any comment coming from you just doesn’t register with me as your just an ignorant little person who can very easily dish out the abuse from behind the keyboard, your not much better than those who’ve racially abused Rashford, Sancho and Saka.
Just a sad little person
And there you are calling Southgate a Tosser from behind your Keyboard a bloke who has done so much for english football, like i say your just a nasty cnut, Nools looking for clients feel free to flounce again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 12:51 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Just a sad little person
And there you are calling Southgate a Tosser from behind your Keyboard a bloke who has done so much for english football, like i say your just a nasty cnut, Nools looking for clients feel free to flounce again.

Just a sad little nonentity.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Graiser wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Just a sad little person

Glad you've admitted it at last, you wont be missed.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 4:10 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Just a sad little person

Don't you ever dare to go missing, Suffy. Driving to my son's house to watch the match, my lad said " Who do you think is gonna win dad?" I replied, "ATD's Suffy said on two ocasions that England will." "Is he that good a forecaster???" "nooo - we're fooked".

Be sure to pass on your tips how City and Argyle will perform this coming season. Wink
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 5:18 pm

Graiser wrote:

Grealish wanted to take one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 5:45 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Just a sad little person

Apologies I’ve realised nonentity is a big word for you

“A person or thing with no special or interesting qualities; an unimportant person or thing.”
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2021 5:48 pm

zyph wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Grealish wanted to take one.

I hadn’t realised that, wonder why he wasn’t selected
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

EURO 2020
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next