Earwegoagain
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EURO 2020  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 8:08 am

That was fookin hilarious despite what the pundits assured us Switzerland should have put the game to bed in the first half, pundits were lauding the French keeper for his world class save when in reality most of us would have saved to pen it was shite and soft. French only played for about twenty minutes but what a comeback by the Swiss. That was the game of the tournament so far imo Spain v Croatia only came alive late in the second half.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 8:11 am

It was a great game with the correct result.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 10:38 am

I know a few lads who are going to the game they ad tickets for the original fixture and went in the draw for this match and got a ticket, lucky bastards I feel proper envious.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 4:09 pm

Right then bring on the sausage munchers, 2 0 Sterling and Kane with no extra time and no penalties!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 6:37 pm

1-0

Good job Sterling knows how to score otherwise England would be fecked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 6:44 pm

2-0 kane with a tap in he couldnt miss. No doubt thats his £100m tag restored in the eyes of the media...

still cant say ive enjoyed watching this game.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 7:03 pm

Angry wrote:
2-0 kane with a tap in he couldnt miss. No doubt thats his £100m tag restored in the eyes of the media...

It was a bit of a grind until the last 20 minutes but all that is transcended by a fair few monkeys being removed from backs. Can't deny that England have a solidity about them except when Sterling lost possession and exposed them when Muller missed that sitter but apart from that Germany were mainly confined to long range stuff. Pickford did well on the rare occasions that Germany broke through and looked pretty solid throughout. Lots of beer drunk tonight no doubt but 'tis only the last 16 and the job is by no means finished but well done to England in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 7:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Right then bring on the sausage munchers, 2 0 Sterling and Kane with no extra time and no penalties!
parteeeeee
Mystic Meg innit.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 7:12 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
parteeeeee
Mystic Meg innit.

cheers
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 7:13 pm

feck me we won!

Well done England. cheers

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 7:19 pm

If England dont win this now as this tournament is much like the world cup 2018 where all the big teams are struggling or exiting early then they never will win a tournament worth a shit and Southgate would have managed to spurr to gifts from the gods with his negative tactics that had that been the old Germany team of 5 years ago they would have ripped england apart especially upfront.

I'll miss the next game as im at work aswell but ukranie or sweden shouldnt be too much of an issue to get passed providing Southgate hasnt set the team up to defend sideways pass and look for the longball.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 7:22 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed that after we scored the first goal, couldn't have a better chance at a trophy than this now. Geddon.
I'd rather Southgate tried to get ahead early than do this every match btw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 7:38 pm

First time for many years I’ve enjoyed watching an England team, top result
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 7:39 pm

Angry wrote:

Angers that was hardly a tap in but hey an excellent result
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 7:46 pm

I know it's not fashionable in divided Britain but a bit of belief could go a long fooking way now and it has a been a long term coming and we have earned it so fill your boots lads.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 10:24 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

his earlier chance was a sitter so just aswell he took this one

if we can avoid Italy or Belgium and land Spain in the final there is no reason at all why England shouldn't win this competition. The Ukraine aren't going to cause much problem for England nor should Denmark or Czech Republic pose too much of an issue either in the semis.

Even if this scenario happens i still wont warm to Southgate as England Manager.

Last edited by Angry on Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 10:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
parteeeeee
Mystic Meg innit.

Have you got Saturday's lottery numbers please cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 10:59 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

if we can avoid Italy or Belgium and land Spain in the final there is no reason at all why England shouldn't win this competition. The Ukraine are going to cause much problem for England nor should Denmark or Czech Republic pose too much of an issue either in the semis.

Even if this scenario happens i still wont warm to Southgate as England Manager.

Ukraine/Denmark/Czech republic will be no pushovers in the same way as teams like Iceland, USA, Norway, Croatia etc haven't been pushovers in the past when knocking England out of major competitions. England theoretically should be favourites but theories don't come into it when teams are fighting their arses off to get into a semi final for the first time. Doesn't really seem to make much sense either to imply that England would find it easier to beat Spain in a final rather than Belgium or Italy-surely if Spain were good enough to beat those teams then there would be every reason to consider them at least to be in the same class as far as quality is concerned?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 29, 2021 11:18 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

if we can avoid Italy or Belgium and land Spain in the final there is no reason at all why England shouldn't win this competition. The Ukraine are going to cause much problem for England nor should Denmark or Czech Republic pose too much of an issue either in the semis.

Ukraine/Denmark/Czech republic will be no pushovers in the same way as teams like Iceland, USA, Norway, Croatia etc haven't been pushovers in the past when knocking England out of major competitions. England theoretically should be favourites but theories don't come into it when teams are fighting their arses off to get into a semi final for the first time. Doesn't really seem to make much sense either to imply that England would find it easier to beat Spain in a final rather than Belgium or Italy-surely if Spain were good enough to beat those teams then there would be every reason to consider them at least to be in the same class as far as quality is concerned?

My mistake it should have read arent going to cause much problem for England. Of course its no guarantee and Ukraine aren't a push over but this draw is more favorable for England to progress.

Spain arent the same threat they once were and still not there as a team now. As we saw yesterday they can be exposed if you go at them which England can exploit if they actually go for it.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 4:51 am

Angry you've changed your tune 5 times in the last 2 pages. Stick to the Brexit and Corruption threads where it could be argued you grasp marginally more

Well done England. The Panzers are clearly not the quality team of yesteryear. Not conceded in the tournament we can do no more

Kane still looked lethargic but that header was no tap in for sure. Questions for Southgate who he picks at the weekend. I think Saka will return to the bench and Foden start instead. Grealish I think will also be on the sidelines to start with

This sideways and backwards passing though is tragic if not clearly effective. No wonder Ryan Lowe endorses it. Twice Kyle Walker had open chances to curl the ball in looking for Kanes head but delayed and went sideways again and chances were lost

Cant really see Southgate changing line up bar Foden for Saka (who again I thought did well)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 6:20 am

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:

My mistake it should have read arent going to cause much problem for England. Of course its no guarantee and Ukraine aren't a push over but this draw is more favorable for England to progress.

Spain arent the same threat they once were and still not there as a team now. As we saw yesterday they can be exposed if you go at them which England can exploit if they actually go for it.

Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 10:30 am

My main doubt is that Southgates defensive tactics are seen as being vindicated by last nights result, if Germany had scored a goal or even two before half time (which they were unlucky not to do) I'm not sure we would have scored two goals after we had put the attacking players on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 11:28 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
My main doubt is that Southgates defensive tactics are seen as being vindicated by last nights result, if Germany had scored a goal or even two before half time (which they were unlucky not to do) I'm not sure we would have scored two goals after we had put the attacking players on.

listening to the radio was almost laughable as they very thing they crucified managers like Allardyce and Pulis for they are now encouraging England fans to accept and back Southgate for doing and thats playing defensive tactics, 7 men behind the ball that results in boring football, clean sheets and 1 or 2 goal wins. That might work for a time but as its been shown so often teams eventually work you out and open you up.

Germany are not the team they were much like Spain and France and are going through transition stage of phasing out the old guard and bringing in the new like a few other big nations are atm too they weren't unbeatable or unplayable last night us winning shouldn't have been a problem. If they had a striker who could finish up front as Timo Werner has lost the art of scoring since moving to Chelsea they certainly would have given the England defence the tests it hasn't really had of late.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 30, 2021 1:34 pm

We even get a mention  Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 12:54 pm

Anything worth watching on the telly tonight? Going to be a nervy start tonight IMO hopefully Southgate will use Kane as an impact sub just hope he doesn't decide to go on attack mode after we go one down.
Ukraine 1 England 2 Sterling and Grealish. No extra time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

EURO 2020
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next