sufferedsince 68
RegGreen
akagreengull
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 10:21 am

Ship out Mayor as well... Clearly the most overated player signed this last 50 years by the Club
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 11:41 am

I think Mayors lack of end product is why he isn't playing in the Championship right now. As we all know Carey did have the end product although he also could go missing for several games.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 1:45 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Stout knees fellas, 4 points from the last 9 games isn't THAT bad surely?

Good job West Brom and Sheff Utd are stopping us being on the worst run in the League.

As for new signings, our only hope is that Lowe is bezzie mates with a good centre half.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 2:53 pm

If we had hung onto the quality in our squad over the last ten years we would still be a CCC club, Argo fans are the biggest supporters of the policy so it's no wonder we are still shite.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 4:19 pm

Argo so we are led to believe have recruited a top chief exec and fantastic coaches and talent spotters off the pitch, so the question is why are we totaly shite when it comes to the actual football on the pitch ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 5:44 pm

akagreengull wrote:
I think Mayors lack of end product is why he isn't playing in the Championship right now. As we all know Carey did have the end product although he also could go missing for several games.

my thoughts exactlly. Mayor wastes so much possession at times and for a guy as skillful as he is too have little in terms of assists or the inability to shoot is again the reasons why he has never played in a top league.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 5:48 pm

Rickler wrote:
All this talk of signings?  Aren't we under a wage and transfer cap (which we are very near the limit of)?

How do we sign players if you can't offload the ones you want to replace?

its for those reasons i muted the idea of begrudgingly moving Jephcott on for as much as we can possible get to pay for it or at least fund most of it. Moving the donkeys' on will be the tricky part
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 7:26 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Rickler wrote:
All this talk of signings?  Aren't we under a wage and transfer cap (which we are very near the limit of)?

Yes good point Rickler
Wonder whether selling Jephcott for couple million and paying off the contracts of Canavan, Sawyer and Wooton would open up enough of the wage cap to allow couple experienced L1 centre halves to join

"Paying off" a few players' contracts would still come under the wage cap calculations.

And would any of those three want to effectively quit football at the current time.

And wasn't there something in the bail out from the PL about restricting January transfers if you took the money?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:05 pm

I think within the agreement clubs can apply for a “monitored grant” which has wage and transfer restrictions, if those restrictions are breached then the “monitored grant” has to be repaid.

It’s something like that
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:27 pm

League 2 it is then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 8:42 pm

But we don’t know if Argyle applied for that type of grant, if they haven’t then they can sign players as long as the salary cap isn’t breached
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2020 9:09 pm

Grovehill wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Yes good point Rickler
Wonder whether selling Jephcott for couple million and paying off the contracts of Canavan, Sawyer and Wooton would open up enough of the wage cap to allow couple experienced L1 centre halves to join

"Paying off" a few players' contracts would still come under the wage cap calculations.

And would any of those three want to effectively quit football at the current time.

And wasn't there something in the bail out from the PL about restricting January transfers if you took the money?

Really? Can you point to where that stipulation is?

I don't think you can. I think you're bluffing. Or to put it another way... Just making shit up.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 7:14 am

Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Yes good point Rickler

Really?  Can you point to where that stipulation is?

I don't think you can.  I think you're bluffing.  Or to put it another way...  Just making shit up.

Fuvk off Rickler dont even attempt to start again or I will go to Defcon 1.....

Note the word wonder at the start of my quoted text

Play nicely or fvck off
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 7:38 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
Jeffers a couple of million?

Well whatever we can get for him, £4 mill would be nice
super douper si wouldn’t sell jeppers
Harve cos he runs argyle out the kindness of his own heart and not to make money according to some 😁
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 7:52 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Rickler wrote:

Yes good point Rickler

Really?  Can you point to where that stipulation is?

I don't think you can.  I think you're bluffing.  Or to put it another way...  Just making shit up.

Fuvk off Rickler dont even attempt to start again or I will go to Defcon 1.....

Note the word wonder at the start of my quoted text

Play nicely or fvck off

I wasn't even talking to you, moron. I was addressing Grovey.

As for going Defcon 1.. Lol. Do you actually know what it means? Aren't you 'ready' already?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 12:33 pm

Why have you got such a "thing" about the Wage cap, Rickler?

To me, it makes sense that any money paid to a player in a season, either as a monthly wage or as settlement of a Contract would be included in the wage cap calculation for that season.

Otherwise Clubs could pay up the contracts of several players in January and sign on new players to avoid the cap.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 6:06 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Why have you got such a "thing" about the Wage cap, Rickler?

To me, it makes sense that any money paid to a player in a season, either as a monthly wage or as settlement of a Contract would be included in the wage cap calculation for that season.

Otherwise Clubs could pay up the contracts of several players in January and sign on new players to avoid the cap.

Exactly.  So since we are right up against the budget wall, where is the money going to come from to pay off contacts of players no longer wanted.  That money has already been spent and accounted for.

...and of course I have a "thing" for the wage cap.  It seems a vast majority of Argyle fans seem to forget we are operating under one.  Or like you..  Have no idea how it actually works and propose the most ridiculous suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2020 7:38 pm

I didn't propose paying off contracts Rickler.

Two of your last three posts are entirely contradictory. You accuse me of "making shit up" but then totally agree with the point I was making.

Your "location" is a very strange place
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 11:58 am

If we are in a position in January where we still have the worst defence in Argyle history and have tied our hands in respect of changing anything it makes me wonder if Lowe and Hallett understand the rules?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 7:17 pm

Grovehill wrote:
I didn't propose paying off contracts Rickler.

Two of your last three posts are entirely contradictory. You accuse me of "making shit up" but then totally agree with the point I was making.

Your "location" is a very strange place

Not contradictory at all. Just responding to your never ending nonsense where you float any idea that comes into your brain with no thought as to whether it's practical or even capable of being implemented.

But cutting to the chase... Ok then.. How do you propose to get around the wage cap when you bring new players in?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 8:31 pm

Why bring new players in? Get a Manager & coach(es) who can get the best out of the players available.

Lowe's 3:5:2 is to too open a formation for the players available, but rather than change the system, he plays players out of position (eg Grant at wingback)

Left wing back seems to be the weakness atm-Cooper is a forward looking player and is often caught out of position and should never have been signed to fill the vacancy left by MacF's long predicted departure.

Perhaps a 4:4:2 with the wide midfield players protecting the full backs would be better use of the players available.

If new players were to be signed, they would have to replace players coming off the Club payroll permanently by being trading to other Clubs.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 9:13 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Why bring new players in? Get a Manager  & coach(es) who can get the best out of the players available.

Lowe's 3:5:2 is to too open a formation for the players available, but rather than change the system, he plays players out of position (eg Grant at wingback)

Left wing back seems to be the weakness atm-Cooper is a forward looking player and is often caught out of position and should never have been signed to fill the vacancy left by MacF's long predicted departure.  

Perhaps a 4:4:2 with the wide midfield players protecting the full backs would be better use of the players available.

If new players were to be signed, they would have to replace players coming off the Club payroll permanently by being trading to other Clubs.  

See there you go... You immediately suggest a remedy that at this point is never going to happen in a million years.

...and.. We are never going to play 4:4:2. So get that out of your head, pronto. As you have obviously missed the several times it has been discussed by Lowe, and Dewsnip, the club philosophy is to play 3:5:2 throughout, from the first team to the very bottom youth team.

Got any suggestions that are actually grounded in some sort of reality?
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 11:13 pm

Is the Club "philosophy" to continue with a system that clearly isn't working?

I also think you'll find that Clubs change Managers a lot more often than once in a million years.

I accept that we may not agree Rickler, but it would be nice to have a rational debate without your usual vitriol.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2021 11:42 pm

The "vitriol" is there because it's like talking to a brick wall.

As for "rational"?  You think you're rational?  You gotta be joking.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 02, 2021 10:01 am

Grovehill wrote:
Why bring new players in? Get a Manager  & coach(es) who can get the best out of the players available.

Agree with that. Holloway or pulis would get more out of the present squad than Lowe, maybe we dont need more players just better coaches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United   Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle 19:45 Oxford United
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next