Freathy
Greenskin
RegGreen
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptyThu Dec 14, 2023 10:32 pm

Cohen Bramall look ahead to the weekend's trip to Plymouth Argyle.

Referee
GAVIN WARD
Assisted by
Lee Venamore and Alex James
Fourth Official
John Busby

Plenty of seats for home fans in block 22

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 2:47 pm

Conor Hazard retains Plymouth Argyle place,

I seen Cooper being helped leaving Harper Park this morning and Macaulay Gillesphey will come back into the squad with the lose of Scar
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 5:01 pm

I expect we’re be relying on our Home Form .AGAIN !
But then again there be fighting for their life’s as well I’d would imagine so let’s not take anythink for granted with this one ! Keep concentration no silly mistakes I think this game ain’t as easy as some might think but we should just have enough..Home win 2-0
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 5:34 pm

Big game tomorrow and really need to win it. Maybe a scrappy 1-0 with a second half goal from Whittaker, no place for complacency though and will take any sort of win.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 6:38 pm

Really need to win this one because we won't get anything against Brum next week. However, we have already lost at home to other relegation sides Swansea and Millwall. Can see Rotherham nicking this one with that ex-Exeter player scoring.

1-0 to Millers
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptyFri Dec 15, 2023 10:06 pm

It is a game we need to win We got to guard against the new manager boost that teams get when they sometimes appoint a new boss. We Know Hazard is playing and to be fair to him he played well against QPR so he deserves another game before Cooper returns. Gilesphrey if he comes on has to produce as i feel if he doesnt start making schuey have food for thought for who he picks in defence then i feel he will be one of the players we move on in January despite him having another 18 months on his deal.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 10:28 am

Loads of seats still available in block 22 this morning. Are Rotherham are bringing any down at all?
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 12:20 pm

Home is win no doubt about it
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 12:52 pm

Freathy wrote:
Loads of seats still available in block 22 this morning.  Are Rotherham are bringing any down at all?

They were given just over 500 (513)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 1:06 pm

Barn Park to the clock, is all cleared

Barn Park to Lyndhurst Stand first few yards muddy from there on keeping to the path is all right and they had a sweeper lorry on the main Lyndhurst path. Workmen would still working when I left, (1200hrs)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 5:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 6:26 pm

that was an eventful game lol

how we only just managed to win that is a joke to be fair we should have won this game with ease. Never seen anything like it in the first half with Hardie going off with i guess concussion then bundu comes on and is imeddiately taken out of the game with a leg/ankle injury and given the length of time it took to get him off the pitch i wouldnt be sure he'll be back anytime soon which is worrying as we now only have 1 striker and if anyone can tell me what Waine did today please let me know as he was a passenger all game. For sure he will be starting against Birmingham next saturday as if Hardie does have concussion he wont be cleared in time and if bundu wont be for reasons stated.

Azaz was fantastic he really is a special player it wont be long till he is attracting attention of Israel or Ireland with his declaration for their national team and called up.... 2 goals and an assist deserves the man of the match award.

Rotherham came for a draw and to their credit their tactics almost worked as soon as they went ahead they slowed the game right down took out our strikers and time wasted and kept us at bay despite our pressing. We really need to invest in the defence in january as we made to many errors at the back the first goal was down to poor communication and tracking. We made the game harder than it needed to be today but a win is a win and gives us an edge against a team below us.

overall good win made hard work of it but 3 points is 3 points.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 6:32 pm

In an ever changing world.......
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 6:44 pm

We weren’t at our best today, but those dirty barstewards were defending just like we were against QPR when we were down to 10 and they did it well as we did.
Seems as it’ll be down to Waine again for the next few games and we need to get behind him
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 7:26 pm

One of the stranger games seen at HP. Argyle conceded a pretty ordinary goal and should really have been further behind when their bloke headed a golden chance over the bar. Oddly, the incidents with Hardie and Bundu totally changed things around-the crowd were enraged and really got into the game and Argyle responded accordingly. The Ex-Greasy un hauled Gibson down for a penalty which was coolly slotted home by Finn, who then smashed a shot against the post in the 13th[!] minute of injury time. Argyle dominated the second half, no surprise when Finn scored after a good low cross from Whittaker and it seemed a foregone conclusion when they had a defender sent off for handball. Doesn't work that way though and Argyle struggled to create much against the well drilled defence. There was always that nagging doubt at 2-1 and their two subs combined to get the equaliser which was possibly their first real attack of the half. Argyle still didn't look like breaking through in spite of a lot of pressure but the superb Finn provided an exquisite dink over the top for Whittaker to get the customary 97th minute winner. Hard work but a good and important win in the end-hope our injured players are ok. Bundu has a severely gashed shin-if Scarr was offed for a dangerous tackle in the week, why did their guy not get the same treatment? Beats me.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 7:27 pm

As has been said - that was not easy! I've seen some dirty teams at HP but Rotherham were a disgrace. Hopefully Hardie was just mild concussion although he didn't look like he knew where he was when he was helped off the pitch. Bundu's injury I just hope is nowhere near as bad as it looked - and it looked season ending. Should have been a straight red for the Rotherham player. When the ref finally did show red for that ludicrous handball it was Argo who looked like the team with 10 men at times and to allow Rotherham to equalise with a free header was unforgiveable. But then Argo's two ultra reliable class acts Morgs and Finn combine at the death to shove the karma right up Rotherham's arse. I really hope Rotherham are relegated and then relegated again the following season.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 7:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptySat Dec 16, 2023 8:22 pm

Freathy wrote:
As has been said - that was not easy!  I've seen some dirty teams at HP but Rotherham were a disgrace. Hopefully Hardie was just mild concussion although he didn't look like he knew where he was when he was helped off the pitch.  Bundu's injury I just hope is nowhere near as bad as it looked - and it looked season ending.  Should have been a straight red for the Rotherham player.  When the ref finally did show red for that ludicrous handball it was Argo who looked like the team with 10 men at times and to allow Rotherham to equalise with a free header was unforgiveable. But then Argo's two ultra reliable class acts Morgs and Finn combine at the death to shove the karma right up Rotherham's arse.  I really hope Rotherham are relegated and then relegated again the following season.

read an update on Hardie and Bundu. Both went to hospital for scans. Hardie's seems a serious one as he has swelling on the left eye aswell as concussed and Bundu just has a bad gash on the shin so not as serious as they made out and one they could have easily taken him off alot quicker than they did if thats all he had imo. Never the less both wont be playing next saturday.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 9:35 am

The Argyle hooligans was out in force on Saturday, fed up with the council and their contractors opening the fenced off Barn Park path that they decided to open it themselves.  Once the fence was open the fans poured through. All ages, men/women. I was only there to report it. sunny sunny sunny sunny
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 11:31 am

Good news, after Saturday break in at Barn Park. They have decided to open fully the Barn Park up to the Park & Ride car park this Friday
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 5:31 pm

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 8:09 pm

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United EmptyMon Dec 18, 2023 11:10 pm

Thanks TG.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United   Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle v Rotherham United
Page 1 of 1