Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+23
Freathy
Hugh Midde
VillageGreen
Rickler
PlymptonPilgrim
Greenskin
zyph
Tgwu
Elias
Greenlander
Jim and Wilson
SimonMann52
Tringreen
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
PatDunne
Czarcasm
Dog Bone Malone
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
seadog
PAFCJosh
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
shonbo

shonbo

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 7:59 am

Sounds good earwig. Mods ok if I create a thread for online provenance links or is that moi being a bit pretentious. I'd love to know who else is out there. BTW pesky fish was mentioned by MP White at the weekend in the times. They'vs had 2,000 new subscribers. Looks like people want to support these initiatives.
At the same time if it's not appropritae to advertise these businesses then it is what it is.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 9:25 am

Fine by me, I love fish.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyWed Feb 17, 2021 11:21 am

Ok with me as long as there is video proof of alleged pillow ripping by boxer dogs. Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 5:23 am

Lethally dangerous clown indeed...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 10:22 am

I didn't think we'd had any terror attacks for ages?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 10:39 am

Total bollocks. The group led by two rabid remainers who showed their contempt for democracy.

The main people more in danger are those in the eu.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 10:42 am

Would you rather be protected by MI5/6 SAS, SBS and our police or Europol? Also if the French didn't keep sending loads of disgruntled Syrian and Lybian soldiers over here on dingies we'd have less of a problem to start with.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 11:14 am

Protected by MI5/6, SAS, SBS, our Police and even RSPCA than eu based security organisations.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 12:18 pm

Now, we know how much Boris hated the 'unelected bureaucrats' that resided in Brussels.

So, it should come as no surprise that he has appointed an unelected bureaucrat to the Cabinet.

Why? To oversee the implementation of Brexit. And there we were assuming that Brexit had been done.

Gove will be Lord Frost's boss apparently. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. But just another nail in the coffin of democracy for this country, under the jackboot of the far right Tory party.

Suppose we need someone to make sure all these passports are the right colour.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 2:42 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Now, we know how much Boris hated the 'unelected bureaucrats' that resided in Brussels.

So, it should come as no surprise that he has appointed an unelected bureaucrat to the Cabinet.

Why? To oversee the implementation of Brexit. And there we were assuming that Brexit had been done.

Gove will be Lord Frost's boss apparently. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. But just another nail in the coffin of democracy for this country, under the jackboot of the far right Tory party.

Suppose we need someone to make sure all these passports are the right colour.

I believe that the get it done slogan related to us actually deciding to leave as we did in January however it's an ongoing event with the fishing taking six years to evolve. I think maybe you have been misled by taking three words out of the millions relating to Brexit?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 4:12 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

....... just another nail in the coffin of democracy for this country, under the jackboot of the far right Tory party.

Yup, Boris hated the 28 unelected European Commissioners who make all the bleeding decisions.......sorry, I forgot it's now 27 unelected commissioners - a democratic done away with one the feckers

Err, not Tory Commissioner but....

Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 5:13 pm

I've never been able to vote for an EU commissioner how democratic is that?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 5:38 pm

Good news for UK.....

'Researchers found 34 percent had stopped buying goods and services from the EU since the UK finally severed ties on December 31. Costs and delays were cited as the biggest concerns for younger consumers, with 24 percent of 16-24-year-olds suggesting an increase in cost had put them off. In addition, 26 percent suggested increased delays were behind the decision to stop shopping with Europe.

Men were likely to be more belligerent than women when it came to attitudes towards Brussels with almost twice as many men as women said they would not buy EU goods for "ideological reasons".

Commenting on the survey findings, which were reported by Express.co.uk, one reader said: "I stopped buying EU goods and produce years ago.

"We must do all we can for our country to boost it's economy.'

feck the eu!

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 6:01 pm

My Black passport has arrived, FFS!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 6:07 pm

Mine is very dark blue.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 6:25 pm

Barnier causing trouble...

'MICHEL BARNIER has broken ranks with the EU to reveal his fear France could be the next country to leave the bloc, in a bold threat to Emmanuel Macron.

In an incredible warning to the President, Mr Barnier stated France must understand why Brexit occurred. Although France is one of the leading states of the EU now the UK has left, the Brexit negotiator claimed Frexit may well occur in the future. In a speech to the French Senate today, he said: “We must take a little time to understand why Brexit happened.

Why was there this rejection of the European Union?

“In many poor or troubled parts of the UK, the industry has disappeared, and that also happens here.

“There are fewer public services, the feeling of not being protected.'

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 6:29 pm

No corruption in the eu I see.....

'POST-BREXIT splits are opening up within the European Union with Ireland once again at the centre of a row with Brussels.

Dublin was enraged by the EU's bid to impose a hard border with Northern Ireland at the height of the bloc's chaotic Covid vaccine roll-out. And in a further blow to the united front displayed before Britain's departure on New Year's Eve, EU chiefs are now preparing to slap draconian sanctions on the Irish fishing industry for its alleged failure to stick to Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) rules.

Ireland's fishermen face a £35 million EU funding cut plus massive reductions in their annual quotas after a Brussels-led inquiry found widescale breaches of the CFP including suspected manipulation of weighing systems, under-recording of storage capacity and lack of enforcement action for non-compliance.

Auditors also found evidence of massive overfishing between 2012 and 2016 and EU Commissioner for the Environment, Oceans and Fisheries Virginijus Sinkevicius told Ireland Brussels will open a "payback procedure" which will be taken from future quotas.

The sanctions threat to Ireland comes as the country's fishing chiefs were already facing massive cuts to their annual quotas as part of the Brexit deal and with the future of the so-called Northern Ireland Protocol of the agreement hanging in the balance.'

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 6:32 pm

More bad news for rabid remainers......

'ANDREW NEIL has destroyed Project Fear warnings after the pound surged against the US dollar to hit an almost three-year high just weeks after the full completion of Brexit.

Sterling soared to 1.3954 against the US currency on Thursday, a huge increase of 0.7 percent. The UK currency also gained 0.3 percent against the euro, ending the day at €1.1554 and edging closer to a near year-long high. In his latest takedown of Project Fear warnings, Mr Neil wrote on Twitter: "The £ is nudging up close to $1.40 today.

Not that long ago Goldman Sachs told us that Brexit meant £ was heading for parity with $.

"Wise financial heads nodded in agreement."

Neil Jones, head of FX sales at Mizuho Bank, said the pound is benefiting from the fact that the currency market is already looking at a "post-COVID world".

He said: "The pound is benefiting from its vaccine currency status.

"Expectations for a more rapid economic recovery are kicking into play."

ING strategists said amid the improved forecast for the UK economy, the pound has proved to be the most resilient G10 currency against the US dollar.

They told clients in a note: "It is a matter of time when GBP/USD breaks above the 1.40 level."

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 6:41 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Good news for UK.....

'Researchers found 34 percent had stopped buying goods and services from the EU since the UK finally severed ties on December 31. Costs and delays were cited as the biggest concerns for younger consumers, with 24 percent of 16-24-year-olds suggesting an increase in cost had put them off. In addition, 26 percent suggested increased delays were behind the decision to stop shopping with Europe.

Men were likely to be more belligerent than women when it came to attitudes towards Brussels with almost twice as many men as women said they would not buy EU goods for "ideological reasons".

Commenting on the survey findings, which were reported by Express.co.uk, one reader said: "I stopped buying EU goods and produce years ago.

"We must do all we can for our country to boost it's economy.'

I generally use Asda as it's closer to my home and therefore it's become second nature to check the label for country of origin. Ever since the Spanish began cozying up to the French and Germans, their warships have been antagonising Gibraltarians by straying into their national waters which means that Spanish produce like tomatoes, oranges and satsumas get put back on the shelf along with their French cousins. Most yogurts on sale are usually Franco/German stuff but I do try and buy our own Yeo Valley products. The trouble is that if ditching EU products really takes off you can bet that place of origin will suddenly disappear like magic.

feck the eu!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 7:10 pm

Fun facts:

● Of 1,443 politicians who reside in our two houses of parliament, 793 are unelected.

● That means there are 87 more peers than total number of (elected) MEPs at EU

● The UK has 2nd largest number of "lawmakers" of any country on Earth after 'Communist' China
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 7:15 pm

Josephine and mutti are having a spat....

'EMMANUEL MACRON and Angela Merkel are locking horns over the development of a joint fighter jet, sparking bitter discussions between rival officials - with one saying talks would be better with the UK due to "the same military culture".

Costing more than 100 billion euros, the Future Combat Air System (FCAS) brings together Germany, France and Spain to forge an array of weapons amid deepening European defence cooperation. Dassault Aviation, Airbus and Indra are involved in the scheme to start replacing France's Rafale and German and Spanish Eurofighters from 2040.

The German Chancellor and French President kicked off the ambitious venture in 2017, when the EU was rattled by Britain's decision to leave the bloc and deeply divided over other issues such as the migrant crisis.

But some sources close to the project have warned the plans have become tangled in suspicion and divergences between Berlin and Paris.

A senior French parliamentarian expressed doubts about the project's viability, citing political constraints including Berlin's refusal to participate in combat operations abroad.

They said: "To be honest, it would be a lot easier for us to work with Britain because we share the same military culture."

Not sure where the french get the ''same military culture" from. People know about the Spitfire and Messerschmitt aircraft from WW2 but french ones?

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 7:45 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Barnier causing trouble...

'MICHEL BARNIER has broken ranks with the EU to reveal his fear France could be the next country to leave the bloc, in a bold threat to Emmanuel Macron.

In an incredible warning to the President, Mr Barnier stated France must understand why Brexit occurred. Although France is one of the leading states of the EU now the UK has left, the Brexit negotiator claimed Frexit may well occur in the future. In a speech to the French Senate today, he said: “We must take a little time to understand why Brexit happened.
I don't think many people understand the game the Franco/German alliance is playing at. Ursula von der Leyen may have let the cat out of the bag when she said EU States need to standardise their miltary equipment rather than a mishmash of all shapes and sizes. Oh, and all equipment to be purchased "in-house."

What are these two doing? Nexter systems which is wholly owned by the French Government and Krauss-Maffei Wegmann the German maker of the Leopard main battle tank and other battlefield weaponry have hatched a deal where the Germans will get the lions share of the battlefield equipment while the French received 3bn euros to design and build a new fighter jet to take on the US built F-22.

However, only just recently there's been a falling out between the two as the Germans want more info about the aircraft from the not-so-talkative French. Meanwhile the UK, Sweden and Leonardo of Italy are to build a similar aircraft called the tempest.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 8:01 pm

seadog wrote:
Fun facts:

●  Of 1,443 politicians who reside in our two houses of parliament, 793 are unelected.

● That means there are 87 more peers than total number of (elected) MEPs at EU

● The UK has 2nd largest number of "lawmakers" of any country on Earth after 'Communist' China

The House of Lords scrutinises bills that have been approved by the House of Commons....while it is unable to prevent bills from passing into law, except in certain "limited" circumstances, it can delay bills and force the commons to reconsider their decisions
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 8:18 pm

Don't tell him about the civil service FFS!
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 8:24 pm

seadog wrote:
My Black passport has arrived, FFS!

To go with your black arm band in readiness for when wee Jimmy krankee Splurgeon get's the hoof?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next