Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+23
Freathy
Hugh Midde
VillageGreen
Rickler
PlymptonPilgrim
Greenskin
zyph
Tgwu
Elias
Greenlander
Jim and Wilson
SimonMann52
Tringreen
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
PatDunne
Czarcasm
Dog Bone Malone
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
seadog
PAFCJosh
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 8:33 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Don't tell him about the civil service FFS!

You have my promise Wink
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 9:00 pm

You boys voted to leave unelected bureaucrats behind!
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 10:14 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Josephine and mutti are having a spat....

'EMMANUEL MACRON and Angela Merkel are locking horns over the development of a joint fighter jet, sparking bitter discussions between rival officials - with one saying talks would be better with the UK due to "the same military culture".

They said: "To be honest, it would be a lot easier for us to work with Britain because we share the same military culture."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure where the french get the ''same military culture" from. People know about the Spitfire and Messerschmitt aircraft from WW2 but french ones?

I don't think the Uk could ever trust the French again after the way the French pulled out of the Eurofighter Typhoon. The reason was that the French not only demanded "Design Leadership" but that the aircraft use inferior French engines.

Pre dating the Eurofighter was the Sepecat Jaguar stitch up where the French said "we'll have design leadership on the first aircraft and you can have design leadership on the second." When the Jaguar run was complete the Uk said let's get started on the second aircraft whereby the French said "we're really not interested anymore." In a nutshell the French want total design leadership and nothing else. Good luck to the Germans coz they'll need it.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2021 11:59 pm

Frenchman suffering with little cock syndrome......

'ENGLISH should be replaced by French as the official language of the European Union, a French commentator has claimed, as he demanded a counter-offensive be launched.

French right-wing author and commentator Éric Zemmour told CNEWS this week he believes the English language has "crushed" French and called for a boycott of English in the EU post-Brexit. Mr Zemmour argued that now the UK has left the Brussels bloc and only two countries remain in the EU with their first language as English, it is time to recall French as the EU's official language.

He said: "English has completely crushed other languages, especially French.

"Indeed if the British had not left, if Brexit hadn’t happened, we would not be having this discussion.

"English was accepted by everyone, including the French.

"Now that the UK is gone, there are now only two English speaking countries: Malta and Ireland.'

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 12:08 am

Things not going the way the eu loving witch would want.....

'EXPLOSIVE evidence over the botched investigation into former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond will be published in a change of position from Holyrood.

The Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body (SPCB) agreed to publish a submission which had previously been censored by the Holyrood inquiry into the Salmond affair. The committee is investigating the Scottish Government’s botched handling of harassment complaints made against Mr Salmond in 2018. A Court of Session in Edinburgh found the investigation had been unlawful and “tainted by apparent bias”, and Mr Salmond was awarded £512,000 in legal expenses.

MSPs on the Committee on the Scottish Government Handling of Harassment Complaints, previously decided against publishing the submission Mr Salmond made to a separate inquiry, where he accused Nicola Sturgeon of misleading parliament, which she has denied.

On Thursday afternoon, the SPCB ruled "on balance it is possible" to publish the submission.

In a letter, Holyrood Presiding Officer Ken Macintosh said the SPCB had "collectively agreed that on balance it is possible to publish the submission by Alex Salmond on the ministerial code".

Mr Macintosh added the "decision in principle to publish must now be followed by the processing of the submission in line with the committee's evidence handling statement"

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 9:10 am

Guardian - EU doesn't like free speech - you must support the federal project comrades

Violence over jailing of rapper rocks Spain for third night

Spanish police and protesters have clashed for a third night as the backlash against the jailing of a rapper for controversial tweets continued.

Dozens of people have been arrested since Tuesday night when angry demonstrations erupted after police detained Pablo Hasél, 32, who had been holed up in a university in Catalonia to avoid going to jail in a highly contentious free speech case.

The violence has thrust into the firing line the hard-left Podemos party. The junior partner in Spain’s leftwing coalition has opposed Hasél’s jailing and publicly supported the protesters.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2021 12:30 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Frenchman suffering with little cock syndrome......

'ENGLISH should be replaced by French as the official language of the European Union, a French commentator has claimed, as he demanded a counter-offensive be launched.

French right-wing author and commentator Éric Zemmour told CNEWS this week he believes the English language has "crushed" French and called for a boycott of English in the EU post-Brexit. Mr Zemmour argued that now the UK has left the Brussels bloc and only two countries remain in the EU with their first language as English, it is time to recall French as the EU's official language.

He said: "English has completely crushed other languages, especially French.

"Indeed if the British had not left, if Brexit hadn’t happened, we would not be having this discussion.

"English was accepted by everyone, including the French.

"Now that the UK is gone, there are now only two English speaking countries: Malta and Ireland.'

Of course de Gaulle started the rot by saying; "Europe is France and Germany; the rest are just trimmings." In short, those two call the shots and the Hoi Polloi jut fall in line. Later he cut a deal with Germany's Chancellor Adenauer by which French schools would learn German and German schools would lean to parli Francais. naturally the German public went absolutely apechit and it was quickly dropped. Later de Gaulle managed to offend the Canadian Govenment on a visit by spouting; "Vive le Quebec libre," however, the damage was done and consequently the French- Canadians are perennially upset...

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 10:24 am

My heart bleeds for them....not...

'GERMANY has "taken a huge beating" as a result of Brexit, a former MEP and industry leader has said, after a new European Commission analysis suggested the country's economy will be clobbered to the tune of £30billion over the next two years.

The research, published this week, considers the impact Brexit will have on the European economy as a whole, with estimates suggesting it will amount to 0.5 percent of GDP - amounting to £121billion (€140billion) between now and 2022. Brexit will cost Germany - led by Angela Merkel - £30billion (€35billion) during this period, the Commission’s report warned.

Mr Henkel, who stood down from the assembly in 2019, is also the former president of the Federation of German Industries (BDI).

He told Express.co.uk: “Germany is particularly impacted. Not only was Britain the second largest net contributor to the EU‘s Budget and, it is now for Germany to pick up the largest portion of the missing funds.

“Also, before Brexit, Britain was the third-largest export market for its machine tools, its automobiles and other industrial and consumer goods worldwide.

“Since Brexit, German exports have taken a huge beating.”

Mr Henkel said he was “convinced” the long-term impact of Brexit on the EU would be “even more negative” than the data suggested.

He explained: “With Britain having left the EU an important, eloquent and powerful voice for competitiveness, for self-responsibility and for subsidiarity has been silenced and is already missing in Brussels.'

Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 11:07 am

Germany are said to be shitting themselves over the prospect of, as the richest EU nation, becoming liable for Italy’s €2.7 trillion debt.
It’s thought they are printing & stockpiling Deutschmarks & could revert to their former currency overnight if need be.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 11:10 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
PatDunne wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

If only they had been warned......lie after lie after lie after lie

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In December 2019, along with 42 other leading cultural figures, Rimbaud signed a letter endorsing the Labour Party under Jeremy Corbyn's leadership in the 2019 general election.

Nothing unusual about TV stations interviewing Labour supporting activists. Professor John Ashton has been brought to book before while spouting off on the BBC and yet they still turn to him to push their anti Tory propaganda...

.....and it continues this morning on BBC's "The Big Question" (BBC1). Up again pops Professor Michael Marmot and that the well known communist Ash Sarker.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 11:34 am

Sorry the last post got a little mixed up with that Stefanovic / Rimaud stuff. The reality is I couldn't get online yesterday and even now I keep losing internet access at the drop of the hat. Gonna have to get my daughter-in-law to sort it all out. My apologies Embarassed
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 11:59 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Sorry the last post got a little mixed up with that Stefanovic / Rimaud stuff. The reality is I couldn't get online yesterday and even now I keep losing internet access at the drop of the hat. Gonna have to get my daughter-in-law to sort it all out. My apologies Embarassed  

Is it virgin broadband?

They are getting a lot of bad press up my way for their service.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 2:42 pm

The Germans losing £30 Billion?

feck all, only a bit more than setting up a failed track and trace system.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 6:16 pm

Covid tests no longer needed for lorry drivers returning to France after quick UK trips
Lorry drivers won’t need to show a negative coronavirus test if they have spent less than 48 hours in the country.

Harve, tell Macron the borders need to be closed, quarantine them, round them up, not just let them drive back and forth without even needing a test, Macron, sober up ffs.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 6:20 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

Is it virgin broadband?

I am having my connection drop off quite a lot, It's Virgin Media, couple days ago they sent an email telling me my wifi had been upgraded and now it drops off every few hours.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 6:31 pm

We used to use virgin and they were crap then (more than 6 years ago). They lied through their teeth to me when I complained about having no internet for hours on end almost every night. They even tried to tell me that the local exchange had failed and that there was no internet or telephone calls in the area. They said I needed to complain to BT about it and it wasn't virgin's fault. I pointed out to the person that the exchange was working fine because I was using my land line. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 7:48 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
We used to use virgin and they were crap then (more than 6 years ago). They lied through their teeth to me when I complained about having no internet for hours on end almost every night. They even tried to tell me that the local exchange had failed and that there was no internet or telephone calls in the area. They said I needed to complain to BT about it and it wasn't virgin's fault. I pointed out to the person that the exchange was working fine because I was using my land line. Very Happy

The biggest positive, and the reason I moved to Virgin for broadband, is you don’t need a landline. I had BT prior to Virgin and Sky prior to that. Far and away the best most consistent connection was with Sky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 7:51 pm

Never had a problem with sky
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptySun Feb 21, 2021 9:44 pm

Guardian - Labour MPs dismayed at orders to maintain ‘radio silence’ on Brexit
High command fears that criticising Boris Johnson’s flawed deal with the EU would be damaging for the party.

One senior backbencher said the message from the top was very clear – that there should be virtual “radio silence” on the issue. “The order that is coming out is: ‘Don’t mention the war.’ We are being told that Keir wants to move on and that if we mention the B-word let alone suggest we a need better deal with the EU than Boris Johnson’s we are being unhelpful.”

Several sources said that MP Carolyn Harris, Starmer’s parliamentary aide with responsibility for coordinating with Labour members – including on what questions they ask at prime minister’s questions – had been discouraging interventions on Brexit, saying they would damage the leader.

With 'Forensic' Sir Keir wanting no opposition to Brexit from Labour, it's up to Harves increasingly desperate twitterati to be the only anti democratic force in the country.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 2:53 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

Is it virgin broadband?

About two years ago I moved to the otherside of town (not Exeter) because my son wanted me living within in walking distance. I had sky which never let me down and so it seemed logical to continue with them. However, once in my new home it took an age to get online - Sky blamed BT who, so they said, was responsible for connecting me. Once I was up and running it was never as good as my previous address. My daughter-in-law who also uses Sky says she often experiences unstable internet connection as well. My son recently signed me up to a new Sky packages (netflix and other stuff I'll probably never use) and since then it's been awful. As soon as Sky employees cease working from home I'll get an engineer to make a housecall.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 3:48 pm

My boy had all Sky services in Saltash via cable and it was faultless he stayed with them when he moved to a landline connection and it was feckin awful with terrible customer service and they are nie on impossible to leave.
On no accounts ever, ever, ever use Talk Talk. They lost my phone number that I'd had for thirty years (how the fook do you do that even?) they then had the audacity to attempt to sue me for charging me double for the four months that I had no phone or Internet which they blamed on BT.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2021 6:36 pm

Never use talk talk. A friend of mine had no end of problems with them and trying to leave them took weeks. They asked him a couple of months after he left if he would go back and also recommend them to a friend! The answer was FO!

Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 11:16 am

Very encouraging news. Again, The British Bollocks Corporation must be apoplectic having to report 'good' news like this! Laughing

(link)1000 EU finance firms want to set up in London!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 11:28 am

POI wrote:
Very encouraging news. Again, The British Bollocks Corporation must be apoplectic having to report 'good' news like this! Laughing

(link)1000 EU finance firms want to set up in London!

But tell me just one positive of Brexit, just one......
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2021 1:00 pm

It pisses off blair, sir smarmy, major, all limps, the witch of the north and the bbc.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next