Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Fans back in October?

Go down 
+20
Greenlander
RegGreen
Freathy
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
green_fiend
Elias
seadog
Curtain Lickers
akagreengull
sufferedsince 68
Angry
POI
Grovehill
harvetheslayer
Czarcasm
Graiser
Rickler
Punchdrunk
Tgwu
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
RegGreen



Posts : 4450
Join date : 2015-07-08

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 4:27 pm

I wonder if fatty pig will be using his gimp mask from his noncey days lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8960
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 5:34 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Wear a mask, track and trace and make sure everybody knows the risks so they can make an informed decision.


Track & Trace!

"You have been confirmed as having the Covid 19 virus. Please tell us your close contacts over the last 7 days"

"Well, 3 other people in my household, 2 work colleagues, I can give your their names and phone numbers. Oh, and about 5000 total strangers when I went to Bristol for the Rovers match"

Lives matter, football doesn't

I'm talking about how it might work, I wouldn't be comfortable going to the football at the moment but I will when I feel I'm safe.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

Posts : 1007
Join date : 2020-03-25

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 25, 2020 6:29 am

Well if the cinemas can do it in an enclosed space then a football ground should be a walk in the park, shouldn’t it ?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 13300
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 3:47 pm

We should have used HOCl

A CHEAP spray that costs pennies and can kill viruses instantly could help the UK beat the coronavirus,

The substance is applied by a spray or fogger and tunnels resembling airport scanners that people can walk through and have become a common site in parts of the world.

They have a pressure pad on the floor that triggers a fine mist of HOCl as people walk through.

“There seems to be an inherent resistance to new ideas. Our inability to respond quickly to innovation is deeply frustrating.”

In the UK a company called Trimite distributes sanitising fogging tunnels under the name of ShieldMe.

“The potential of fogging with hypochlorous acid is huge,” said company chairman David Roberts.

“We are currently in discussions with some Premiership rugby and football clubs – and we think our three-man tunnels are the solution for bringing spectators back into stadiums.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8960
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 9:46 pm

Fook that with bells on. I'm in no way an anti vax guy I happen to think a world without polio is great but I do not want to get sprayed with whatever that shit is and I would not attend full stop. What's more if I was Covid positive don't you think that once I was in the ground I'd just be breathing the germs around everywhere unless they are actually injecting disinfectants as Trump was suggesting? This has come from Korea who have handled the outbreak well and this is one of the measures they used to get cricket back on but as far as I know they had their pandemic under control.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

Posts : 380
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : at the edge of the sea

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 25, 2020 11:33 pm

I've read elsewhere that the Premier League expects to be playing in front of full crowds by the end of October if the test events at the cricket pass muster.

However no away fans in the EPL next season whatever.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8960
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 2:54 pm

I'm not sure we will have fans back in September now.
Back to top Go down
POI

POI

Posts : 587
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Pfft

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I'm not sure we will have fans back in September now.

Looking less likely init, ears. Makes you wonder, if ever, we'll get back to 'normal' crowds - at any spectator sport again! FFS.

Don't know about anyone else on here, but I have absolutely no interest in watching the footy on TV without the crowds. Just doesn't look/feel right.

I would rather like my 'normal' life back please if anyone is listening that could help - or, is this it? the beginning of the end?

Have the aliens that use our Moon as a death star, who have been watching us for thousands of years, had enough of us, and decided our time is up?study

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15282
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2020 4:18 pm

POI wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I'm not sure we will have fans back in September now.

Looking less likely init, ears. Makes you wonder, if ever, we'll get back to 'normal' crowds - at any spectator sport again! FFS.

Don't know about anyone else on here, but I have absolutely no interest in watching the footy on TV without the crowds. Just doesn't look/feel right.

I would rather like my 'normal' life back please if anyone is listening that could help - or, is this it? the beginning of the end?

Have the aliens that use our Moon as a death star, who have been watching us for thousands of years, had enough of us, and decided our time is up?study


we will be back to normal it just wont be by the end of the year. the science nerds need to hurry up with a vaccine or treatment program that works.
Back to top Go down
POI

POI

Posts : 587
Join date : 2020-04-28
Location : Pfft

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 10:13 am

Angry wrote:
POI wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I'm not sure we will have fans back in September now.

Looking less likely init, ears. Makes you wonder, if ever, we'll get back to 'normal' crowds - at any spectator sport again! FFS.

Don't know about anyone else on here, but I have absolutely no interest in watching the footy on TV without the crowds. Just doesn't look/feel right.

I would rather like my 'normal' life back please if anyone is listening that could help - or, is this it? the beginning of the end?

Have the aliens that use our Moon as a death star, who have been watching us for thousands of years, had enough of us, and decided our time is up?study


we will be back to normal it just wont be by the end of the year. the science nerds need to hurry up with a vaccine or treatment program that works.


Was listening to a PHE geezer the other night on the radio. He said historically, the typical time span to come up with good workable vaccine is around 10 years! He also said a perfect vaccine has never, or will ever exist! Pfft!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15282
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 10:21 am

POI wrote:
Angry wrote:
POI wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
I'm not sure we will have fans back in September now.

Looking less likely init, ears. Makes you wonder, if ever, we'll get back to 'normal' crowds - at any spectator sport again! FFS.

Don't know about anyone else on here, but I have absolutely no interest in watching the footy on TV without the crowds. Just doesn't look/feel right.

I would rather like my 'normal' life back please if anyone is listening that could help - or, is this it? the beginning of the end?

Have the aliens that use our Moon as a death star, who have been watching us for thousands of years, had enough of us, and decided our time is up?study


we will be back to normal it just wont be by the end of the year. the science nerds need to hurry up with a vaccine or treatment program that works.


Was listening to a PHE geezer the other night on the radio. He said historically, the typical time span to come up with good workable vaccine is around 10 years! He also said a perfect vaccine has never, or will ever exist! Pfft!

its because viruses mutate into different strains which is why flu and cold viruses cant be cured but can be treated even with vaccines and treatment programs. One more thing they can do to help the world and thats teach the chinese health and safety and not to eat raw diseased bats.

fans i gather will be allowed to return in stages with social distancing in place, wearing ppe and something worked out so there are no gatherings of large number close together inside the ground mainly the kiosk areas.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 10:43 am

Will there be singing through the masks? No away fans - Christ I do more away than home, could finish me with football for good and as for that shite FA cup non event yesterday forget it!!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Posts : 15282
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 37

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 11:04 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Will there be singing through the masks? No away fans - Christ I do more away than home, could finish me with football for good and as for that shite FA cup non event yesterday forget it!!

no idea on the singing but as with most types you can speak clearly through them i cant see that being prevented.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 11:14 am

Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Will there be singing through the masks? No away fans - Christ I do more away than home, could finish me with football for good and as for that shite FA cup non event yesterday forget it!!

no idea on the singing but as with most types you can speak clearly through them i cant see that being prevented.

I only wear them in shops and can't stand them - my question was tounge in cheek but maybe more about the atmosphere at games. We will see 😀
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8960
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 11:17 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Will there be singing through the masks? No away fans - Christ I do more away than home, could finish me with football for good and as for that shite FA cup non event yesterday forget it!!

It was awful. The PC wankery was just cringeworthy and has fook all to do with football and went on far to long, the advertising hoardings are really distracting and it's shite without the fans. Also the drinks breaks kill any momentum that might have built but I can see them staying because we could then have tv ad breaks. I actually thought "visit Rwanda" on the Arse sleeves was a political statement for a minute but then realised its just more branding. Football is getting drowned amoungst marketing and pc fuckwittery.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 6060
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 11:48 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Will there be singing through the masks? No away fans - Christ I do more away than home, could finish me with football for good and as for that shite FA cup non event yesterday forget it!!

It was awful. The PC wankery was just cringeworthy and has fook all to do with football and went on far to long, the advertising hoardings are really distracting and it's shite without the fans. Also the drinks breaks kill any momentum that might have built but I can see them staying because we could then have tv ad breaks. I actually thought "visit Rwanda" on the Arse sleeves was a political statement for a minute but then realised its just more branding. Football is getting drowned amoungst marketing and pc fuckwittery.
Yep a dogshit ref who sent a bloke off for next to fvck all, and the Var bollocks football is just about dead now.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Posts : 6444
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Inside the mind...

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 11:18 pm

Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Will there be singing through the masks? No away fans - Christ I do more away than home, could finish me with football for good and as for that shite FA cup non event yesterday forget it!!

no idea on the singing but as with most types you can speak clearly through them i cant see that being prevented.

The amount of people infected by church choirs practicing in the usa and not socially distancing etc is staggering.

Singing is apparently one of the worst things you can do in a 'normal' life to spread the virus, I doubt that singing and chants will be encouraged and wouldn't be surprised to see singing 'banned' at football matches.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8960
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 02, 2020 11:26 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Will there be singing through the masks? No away fans - Christ I do more away than home, could finish me with football for good and as for that shite FA cup non event yesterday forget it!!

no idea on the singing but as with most types you can speak clearly through them i cant see that being prevented.

The amount of people infected by church choirs practicing in the usa and not socially distancing etc is staggering.

Singing is apparently one of the worst things you can do in a 'normal' life to spread the virus, I doubt that singing and chants will be encouraged and wouldn't be surprised to see singing 'banned' at football matches.  

Only season ticket holders and what are they going to sing to the zero away fans? Where are you? You're going to be on a fookin ventilator? It's going to be more like a library than a Pentecostal church. Plus I'm not sure it's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 13300
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 4:56 pm

If these venues opens from tomorrow, how about outdoor venues like home park.

Indoor theatre, music and performance venues will be able to reopen with socially distanced audience from Saturday
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6882
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 65
Location : Mutant Abbot

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 9:17 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Will there be singing through the masks? No away fans - Christ I do more away than home, could finish me with football for good and as for that shite FA cup non event yesterday forget it!!

no idea on the singing but as with most types you can speak clearly through them i cant see that being prevented.

The amount of people infected by church choirs practicing in the usa and not socially distancing etc is staggering.

Singing is apparently one of the worst things you can do in a 'normal' life to spread the virus, I doubt that singing and chants will be encouraged and wouldn't be surprised to see singing 'banned' at football matches.  
Yep.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Posts : 6882
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 65
Location : Mutant Abbot

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2020 9:19 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Will there be singing through the masks? No away fans - Christ I do more away than home, could finish me with football for good and as for that shite FA cup non event yesterday forget it!!

It was awful. The PC wankery was just cringeworthy and has fook all to do with football and went on far to long, the advertising hoardings are really distracting and it's shite without the fans. Also the drinks breaks kill any momentum that might have built but I can see them staying because we could then have tv ad breaks. I actually thought "visit Rwanda" on the Arse sleeves was a political statement for a minute but then realised its just more branding. Football is getting drowned amoungst marketing and pc fuckwittery.
Yep a dogshit ref who sent a bloke off for next to fvck all, and the Var bollocks football is just about dead now.
Agree, clearly the Premiership is hell bent on making their ridiculous league a non contact sport, "it's football Jim but not as we know it".
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 7394
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 105
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 6:40 am

What are Argyle are going to do in light of in excess of 5000 season ticket sales if the EFL state initially we'll only sanction a 25% attendance capacity as was touted previously ??
Would imagine Sunderland and others would be in the same boat.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tgwu

Posts : 13300
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 9:30 am

If Lincoln expect to have 3,000 fans in. how many for us

quote

Lincoln City could use a “lottery system” to allocate seats for season ticket holders in a bid to control crowd numbers under coronavirus restrictions.

The team this morning announced a second “renewal window” for season ticket holders from Monday, August 17 at 2pm.

The 2020/21 season is due to start on September 12, 2020, with only 3,000 fans will be allowed into the Sincil Bank LNER stadium, which usually has a capacity of about 10,100 seats.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Posts : 7394
Join date : 2015-04-02
Age : 105
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 11:30 am

Tgwu wrote:
If Lincoln expect to have 3,000 fans in. how many for us

quote

Lincoln City could use a “lottery system” to allocate seats for season ticket holders in a bid to control crowd numbers under coronavirus restrictions.

The team this morning announced a second “renewal window” for season ticket holders from Monday, August 17 at 2pm.

The 2020/21 season is due to start on September 12, 2020,  with only 3,000 fans will be allowed into the Sincil Bank LNER stadium, which usually has a capacity of about 10,100 seats.

Ok so that is around 30% of capacity. If that percentage was applied to us we'd get all our season ticket holders in and few besides
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 8960
Join date : 2017-09-09

Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 15, 2020 4:25 pm

Saw a ST holding mate of mine this morning he said that the first two thousand that booked tickets will get in first although I haven't seen that written anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Fans back in October?
Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: