Czarcasm
Richard Blight
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Fans Forum 25th October. Empty
PostSubject: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:03 pm

As long as you live in Milehouse and can nip home again after the meeting to use up 3-4 hours before kick off. Starts at 10am and is expected to last an hour.

That's designed to keep numbers down and probably only fans fest regulars who might hang around for the 4 hours after the meeting ends will turn up. You sometimes wonder whether only the 200 people who go in there matter and the other 6000 don't. They don't want awkward questions from fans who have to travel from further than PL2 turning up.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:11 pm

If that's the case, then what the feck is the point? relevant, Searching and pertinent questions need to be asked, not stage-managed by a herded dozen Avivas, FFS.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:12 pm

Hence why it took weeks to confirm even the 'safest' of venues, then make it the most awkward time possible. Then to top it off, announce it all on Pasoti whilst making sure the thread is locked so as to have no disparaging comments....jobs a goodun. No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:20 pm

The sooner the Vermin that hang of the coattails of the Chairman are removed from PAFC the better.
Pasoti is corrupted beyond help and should also be removed.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:35 pm

You'd think it was a 1pm kick off or something. They will say they had to be out of the way so the fans fest can start on time. The board had to be back in the boardroom to entertain their guests. So why not have the meeting in the tent after the game at say 5.15? Fans from Cornwall, all parts of Devon and even our London fans could have attended then. Of course that would include all the awkward bastards with all the awkward questions and not just the fans fest brethren. Or they could have used say the City Bus club from say 12 or 12.30.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:38 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Hence why it took weeks to confirm even the 'safest' of venues, then make it the most awkward time possible. Then to top it off, announce it all on Pasoti whilst making sure the thread is locked so as to have no disparaging comments....jobs a goodun. No

Phuking pathetic, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:50 pm

The people running our club are rotten to the core, underhand tactics are the order of the day, only yesmen are welcome at this sham of transparency, anyone else feel like invading the 'tent' with a bat? Mad
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:57 pm

Yes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:12 pm

I was thinking more like custard pies, a la Tizwas!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:20 pm

Wots worse, The Aviva Fan Fest or The Aviva Brent Fest?
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:21 pm

Before you chuck your custard pie can you ask them to re open the Far Post club so that the next time they hold a meeting at 10am a couple hundred more fans will have somewhere to go while waiting 4 hours for kick off.

Oh, and the fact the grandstand isn't going anywhere soon, fans would like their club back.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Obviously the bat in question was of the winged variety, my first thought was a vampire bat, to be let loose on the clowns who've been sucking the lifeblood out of our club, but on further reflection I think a fruit bat would be more apt. You'd need to be fcukin batty to be at HP at 10am unless you're a greentinted fanfester or a member of the prawn sandwich brigade. 10am is a disgrace, what are exiles supposed to do, a Friday night sleepover in the carpark?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Before you chuck your custard pie can you ask them to re open the Far Post club so that the next time they hold a meeting at 10am a couple hundred more fans will have somewhere to go while waiting 4 hours for kick off.

Oh, and the fact the grandstand isn't going anywhere soon, fans would like their club back.

We need SFD with another Grandstand update. pirat
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 10:35 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Obviously the bat in question was of the winged variety, my first thought was a vampire bat, to be let loose on the clowns who've been sucking the lifeblood out of our club, but on further reflection I think a fruit bat would be more apt. You'd need to be fcukin batty to be at HP at 10am unless you're a greentinted fanfester or a member of the prawn sandwich brigade. 10am is a disgrace, what are exiles supposed to do, a Friday night sleepover in the carpark?

The top superfan/janner/ jester, would prefer that the unimportant little people were given imformation on the Mushroom basis, ie fed on shit and kept in the dark. The important news should be kept in the directors box for very important people.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:06 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Richard Blight wrote:

We need SFD with another Grandstand update. pirat

Nothing much to report at present except that while HHP might be dead apparently a scaled down HHP2 lives and breathes. Or at least is planned to.

When I was told that PCC were going to build the stand I was told an announcement was due on the 21st of October. That's tomorrow. We'll see. To be honest I'm not holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 11:09 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
As long as you live in Milehouse and can nip home again after the meeting to use up 3-4 hours before kick off. Starts at 10am and is expected to last an hour.

That's designed to keep numbers down and probably only fans fest regulars who might hang around for the 4 hours after the meeting ends will turn up. You sometimes wonder whether only the 200 people who go in there matter and the other 6000 don't. They don't want awkward questions from fans who have to travel from further than PL2 turning up.

^This^.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 4:57 am

We sometime use a seat next to us, so for Xmas we were going to buy it for one of our little one's to have his own season ticket, but yesterday we was informed we could not have it as it is allocated to a grandstand ticket holder for when they move.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 8:11 am

I hope that Brent and Jones have been rehearsing for Saturday with Paxman and Humphrys as the first question is in:

"Welcome, and our first question is from someone who sadly can't make it as the starting time was designed to only attract the homeless, people who are still at Home Park after the last home game and those encouraged to come as they may get a free seat in the Director's box (but only at the back mind you with redneck and the money lender) and it's from someone who calls themselves "GreenArmy1984"

"GreenArmy1984 remember that this is a very rare chance to question the reluctant one and his band of merry men. Since we last met we've had Tony Wrathall join the board because he found some cash down the back of his sofa, the council have lent the club £800k, work has not yet started on the grandstand, HHP looks like it won't happen, the President hasn't resigned even though he wrote an open resignation letter and no-one knows the true financial situation of the club"

"So what's your question GreenArmy1984?"

GreenArmy1984 wrote:
Hi All can't make it on Saturday due to work

Can someone ask about voting for next seasons home kit & who chooses the options

#Fansforum

:greenrave:
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 8:50 am

Here's mine for James Brent...

After your recent interaction with the PASB and the AFT - don't you think this whole Q & A format with little opportunity for serious cross examination is a charade regarding getting serious answers to serious questions?

Would you be willing to sit for an hour in public in front of a small panel of well informed internet fans such as Graham Clark, John Lloyd, Roger Willis,  Esmer, and  just for the fun of it...  Ian Newell,  and answer any questions they may have?

And if not, why not?

Last edited by Rickler on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 8:51 am

lol!
Blimey , the meeting will probably start with that question
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 8:54 am

alannotivvy wrote:
lol!
Blimey , the meeting will probably start with that question

No feckin chance at all!
Back to top Go down
Graham Clark

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:01 am

Rickler wrote:

After your recent interaction with the PASB and the AFT - don't you think this whole Q & A format with little opportunity for serious cross examination is a charade regarding getting serious answers to serious questions?

Would you be willing to sit for an hour in public in front of a small panel of well informed internet fans such as Graham Clark, John Lloyd, Roger Willis,  Esmer, and  just for the fun of it...  Ian Newell,  and answer any questions they may have?

And if not, why not?

I know I am not alone is being disappointed on how this meeting is being handled. The early start time will alone prevent some questioners from attending. My disappointment is enhanced by the fact that Martyn Starnes column in the Herald today makes absolutely no mention of the meeting and how much he, and fellow Board members are looking forward to meeting supporters and updating them with Argyle's off field position and the future of the grandstand and HHP. It is ironic that on the opposite page n the Herald is an advert paid for by Ed Shillabeer which does advertise the supporters meeting!

Unfortunately, the Cheltenham game is the only game I will miss this season as I will be in Gibraltar / Spain and without the facility to ask questions in advance I will have to rely on others and the hope that the meeting will be on YouTube (as before) so a proper record of what was said is made. i do hope some that can do make the effort to attend.

On the wider point it is for the AFT, as the authoritative voice of the supporters, to represent views of supporters on an ongoing basis to the Board, through Martyn Starnes. The strength of that relationship has noticeably waned over recent months but hopefully an influx of new candidates for the AFT Board will address that apparent shortcoming.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:22 am

Graham,

I wasn't planning on going as it will mean an early start from Ashburton and messing up my wife's plans for the day to get there that early. Plus hanging around in the Britannia for 3 hours without getting sozzled isn't easy. If you have a specific question that you would like asked on your behalf, PM it to me and I'll print it off. I'll either turn up out of shear bloody mindedness or I know of an AFT candidate who's going who might be able to ask for you.

Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:28 am

Graham Clark wrote:
Rickler wrote:

And if not, why not?

I know I am not alone is being disappointed on how this meeting is being handled. The early start time will alone prevent some questioners from attending. My disappointment is enhanced by the fact that Martyn Starnes column in the Herald today makes absolutely no mention of the meeting and how much he, and fellow Board members are looking forward to meeting supporters and updating them with Argyle's off field position and the future of the grandstand and HHP. It is ironic that on the opposite page n the Herald is an advert paid for by Ed Shillabeer which does advertise the supporters meeting!

Unfortunately, the Cheltenham game is the only game I will miss this season as I will be in Gibraltar / Spain and without the facility to ask questions in advance I will have to rely on others and the hope that the meeting will be on YouTube (as before) so a proper record of what was said is made. i do hope some that can do make the effort to attend.

On the wider point it is for the AFT, as the authoritative voice of the supporters, to represent views of supporters on an ongoing basis to the Board, through Martyn Starnes. The strength of that relationship has noticeably waned over recent months but hopefully an influx of new candidates for the AFT Board will address that apparent shortcoming.  

Openness and transparency are obviously of paramount importance at the theatre of dreamers, you couldn't make it up. Suspect
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 10:28 am

Graham Clark wrote:
Rickler wrote:

And if not, why not?

Openness and transparency are obviously of paramount importance at the theatre of dreamers, you couldn't make it up. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans Forum 25th October.   Fans Forum 25th October. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fans Forum 25th October.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next