Czarcasm
Rickler
Punchdrunk
Tgwu
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Fans back in October? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 3:07 pm

Our benifactor better have deep deep pockets - this could easily cripple 75% of pro football!!
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 3:26 pm

"benefactor"  = someone who gives money to help a person or cause

"investor" = someone who supports a business in the expectation of future gain.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 4:17 pm

EFL clubs allowed up to 1,000 fans for pilot event matches this weekend
Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden to meet with sporting bodies this week to continue discussions around planned return of spectators to sport from October 1

Clubs in local lockdown areas were told they would not receive permission to take part in the test events.
An EFL spokesman said: "The EFL remains in discussions with the government about the pilot programme which may include a limited number of further pilot matches during September with capacity limited to 1,000.

"The league is clear in its view that social distancing can be applied safely in football stadia and that having crowds at matches is an absolutely essential part of helping to protect club finances, which remain under extreme pressure. Therefore, the successful delivery of further pilots will be an important step towards getting larger number of fans into grounds safely.

The EFL will continue its dialogue with DCMS and the SGSA to ensure that evidence and insight secured from these events helps to inform the government's position on welcoming back supporters post October 1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 7:11 pm

the MLB and NFL have been letting a section of home fans attend games in the rafter seats of their stadiums.Not sure if NBA/NHL/MLS are but its something football could look at for phasing in fans to see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2020 4:15 am

I wont scroll back to find out who it was but one of the BM's here said after Saturday just wait until Cooper has to collect balls in the air as he's not so confident.

Clearly right
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 21, 2020 11:59 pm

Interesting statement from the Colchester chair on how iFollow revenue is distributed.

Looks like playing away for clubs with larger away followings could do quite well out of it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 8:21 am

Goves just confirmed that fans WILL NOT be allowed back in to football stadia. Well, there you have it folks. But.......................you can still all go to the pub together!

Strange days indeed.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 12:48 pm

Not quite sure if I heard Johnson right there.
Did he say no fans in sports arenas for next 6 months in light of changes ??

Yes he did on strapline now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 12:57 pm

POI wrote:
Goves just confirmed that fans WILL NOT be allowed back in to football stadia. Well, there you have it folks. But.......................you can still all go to the pub together!

Strange days indeed.

they make it up as they go along.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 1:03 pm

Chancellor and Culture Secretary to work with football clubs with support and aid where possible....
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 5:08 pm

I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 6:40 pm

Most L1 and L2 clubs are finished including Argo.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 7:33 pm

Bale returns to Spurs on a salary of over £25 million a year, Chelsea's summer spending is over £200 million and even lowly Villa spend £16 million on a guy who's never played top flight football!

Anyone who expects-or even thinks- that public money should go to football clubs, is seriously deluded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 7:36 pm

Freathy wrote:
Most L1 and L2 clubs are finished including Argo.

Crap
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 7:37 pm

Argo have Simons 3.5 million pounds set aside to see them through.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 10:05 pm

If teams in League's 1 and 2 play behind closed doors and nobody's there to see it, did they play at all?

Bets on the season being mothballed or cancelled if we're still locked out by Christmas. I mean what is the point.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 22, 2020 10:56 pm

POI wrote:

Strange days indeed.
Only till 10pm
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 10:07 am

Wonder if Simon Hallett will come out with some sort of statement this week perhaps reiterating how important subscribing "properly" to ifollow will be moving forward now. Clear thats the only additional revenue this season on top of previous ST Sales.

I bet a lot of clubs in League 1 and 2 are shitting themselves this Wednesday morning
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 10:50 am

It would be interesting to view an "attendance" figure for Ifollow take up not just for us but for all clubs.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 12:33 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
It would be interesting to view an "attendance" figure for Ifollow take up not just for us but for all clubs.
id have thought the figures would be quite high as fans are desperate to see there teams play ive paid for every game so far
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 23, 2020 1:25 pm

I haven’t watched any yet and I won’t see this weekend’s game because I am away but I hope to subscribe for the next one and see if it is worth it.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

Its quite telling Hallets backing of the IFollow model in many interviews ive listened to - personally without fans in the ground all football is dead to me. Also incredible the rise of womens football now being splattered all over media - not a fan!!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 10:50 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Its quite telling Hallets backing of the IFollow model in many interviews ive listened to - personally without fans in the ground all football is dead to me. Also incredible the rise of womens football now being splattered all over media - not a fan!!

Now I understand Halletts concern over piracy of the Ifollow set up.
One of my own lads told me how easy it was to piggy back over any existing users legitimate connection on ifollow. Am absolutely not saying what it is here or in PM but think of the TV interviews with multiple screens and you're there. I dont know the techy bit per se as not interested and wouldnt view out of principle but a 10 second job.

That easy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 11:24 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

One of my own lads told me how easy it was to piggy back over any existing users legitimate connection on ifollow. Am absolutely not saying what it is here or in PM but think of the TV interviews with multiple screens and you're there. I dont know the techy bit per se as not interested and wouldnt view out of principle but a 10 second job.

That easy...

nothing streamed online is 100% safe even encrypted, ifollow games will soon be on all those streaming sites soon enough.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2020 2:43 pm

Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

That easy...

nothing streamed online is 100% safe even encrypted, ifollow games will soon be on all those streaming sites soon enough.

Nope dont even need the streaming sites lol to list the games
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fans back in October?   Fans back in October? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fans back in October?
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next