harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
Chemical Ali
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 10:11 am

Tgwu wrote:

The top-flight could also resume on the same weekend as the lower leagues, with all matches taking place behind closed doors.

How ?? The medical council have made it clear they have withdrawn all associated medical staff from attending sports fixtures
Even if this lockdown was ended we gotta expect social distancing to continue am guessing 3-6 months after ??

It aint happening. (that not directed at you TGWU)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 11:46 am

Elias wrote:
No internationals until 2021????

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 1:41 pm

On the Grass Roots Front, We have been told to prepare for a July Pre-season as per normal with the league campaign looking at a 1st august start!

Obviously if this becomes not possible then we will have to adjust things again.

I guess its better to have plans in place just in case we get the green light.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 3:56 pm

Dane wrote:
On the Grass Roots Front, We have been told to prepare for a July Pre-season as per normal with the league campaign looking at a 1st august start!

Obviously if this becomes not possible then we will have to adjust things again.

I guess its better to have plans in place just in case we get the green light.

Happy days. Hope it filters down to the Cornwall Combined Sunday League where I play, plus Cornwall Sunday Vets League.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 4:33 pm

I dont think its anything official, i think its just getting things in place should we be allowed to crack on
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Norman "bites yer legs" Hunter has been a victim of the virus.

Does everyone know why PAFC should be grateful to him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 6:51 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Norman "bites yer legs" Hunter has been a victim of the virus.

Does everyone know why PAFC should be grateful to him?

Yep he cocked up the loan arrangement for Tommy Tyan which enabled Tom to play for Argyle against his parent club Rotherham, think Tynan May have scored a hat trick (not 100% on that) and Hunter was not best pleased about it
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 7:18 pm

Correct

I believe a similar thing happened when Pulis borrowed a player, Nalis, I think, from Leicester and he played against his parent club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2020 7:33 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Correct

I believe a similar thing happened when Pulis borrowed a player, Nalis, I think, from Leicester and he played against his parent club.

is that the same nalis who lived in france while he played for us?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 10:14 am

It also worked against us when (on loan) Marcel Seip scored against us for Blackpool. He was given the "thumbs up" by Stapleton's wife and daughter (who Seip was married to), which led to Carl Fletcher repeating the thumbs up celebration in the next home game in a 1-1 draw with Roy Keane's Ipswich and then criticising the board post match. We got relegated that season and allowed promoted Newcastle to pitch invade (with none of the usual threats that Argyle fans have been given).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 11:10 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
It also worked against us when (on loan) Marcel Seip scored against us for Blackpool. He was given the "thumbs up" by Stapleton's wife and daughter (who Seip was married to), which led to Carl Fletcher repeating the thumbs up celebration in the next home game in a 1-1 draw with Roy Keane's Ipswich and then criticising the board post match. We got relegated that season and allowed promoted Newcastle to pitch invade (with none of the usual threats that Argyle fans have been given).

chris webb wasnt a fan then so he couldnt bullshit a reason for brent o not pay a fine and have janners believe that if they didnt pitch invade he would buy a striker.....from the valleys of wales who was a fireman.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptySat Apr 18, 2020 11:22 am

Chemical Ali wrote:

Beginning of the end really wasn't it? Remember both games really well and massive respect for Fletch who effeectivley gave the chairman and the royal box the finger, of course that's before this fooked up world we live in where the chairman was elevated to some sort of deity beyond criticism from us mortal souls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyMon Apr 20, 2020 5:48 pm

Graiser wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Can somebody succinctly explain what the proposal is that the clubs are allegedly voting on?

Not sure about succinctly as I was under a model railway buggering about with some wiring but I’m fairly sure Talksport we’re reporting that the EFL are proposing for the clubs in the 3 divisions for the season to end now with the clubs in the promotion positions being promoted assuming all points achieved for the same amount of games played.
I thought I also heard no relegation, now I’m not 100% on whether that was just from L2 which could make some sense with only 3 down from L1, no relegation from L2 and only 1 up from the National League.

As for the playoff places, not sure but its been muted elsewhere that it’s possible Cheltenham could be awarded 3 points for their game in hand which would put them in 4th place above Excretia and be promoted.

Whether that’s all conjecture by Talksport I don’t know but I definitely heard it reported on Hawksbee and Jacobs this afternoon

Thanks.

But why would Cheltenham be awarded three points for a game in hand?  Why not  one or Zero?  Who decides and how?

The whole thing sound preposterous to me.  

Resume the season when able to do so.  The only way to 'normalize' the situation imho.

There was a lot of chatter about the players out of contract end of June and clubs not wishing to renew contracts for players they would normally be looking release, looks like we’ll have wait and see.

This may be coming to fruition, big EFL meeting tomorrow where they may vote to end the season prematurely.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 7:48 am

^^^
Yep looks like today that decisions will be voted on. Should know by tonight.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 10:42 am

Some League 2 teams have had to furlough players so they won't want to recall those players and pay them just to play in front of no fans and therefore no income. End the season now and apply average points per game for final positions.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 12:57 pm

I would think mass gatherings like sports events & concerts etc. will be the very last things to return to normal, so why not just suspend the leagues for 12 months & come back to finish the seasons in March 2021 ?
Just a thought
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 1:31 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
I would think mass gatherings like sports events & concerts etc. will be the very last things to return to normal, so why not just suspend the leagues for 12 months & come back to finish the seasons in March 2021 ?
Just a thought

I'd be surprised if we were ready to start the new season in August that could be a plan B but I still think they should write this season off and award places as we are. Playoffs decided by spoofing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 7:15 pm

Still prevaricating

“League Two clubs remain committed to finishing the 2019-20 season, but huge question marks remain over their ability to achieve it.

The clubs spoke in a video conference on Tuesday and have resolved to try to see out the campaign.

However, major challenges caused by the coronavirus pandemic could derail that ambition.

The huge number of players whose contracts finish on 30 June is one of the major issues.

With clubs starved of revenue and some owners suffering issues with their private businesses, sanctioning extensions to these deals has become a major problem.

It could lead to teams having to field massively under-strength sides if the campaign goes beyond 30 June and there have been suggestions League Two would ask the English Football League, en masse, to end the season prematurely.

BBC Sport has been told this will not happen yet but, with so many problems facing clubs, there is no guarantee it will not unless there is clarity over when the campaign will resume.”
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 7:28 pm

Just end the season now. Null and Void just the same as grass roots and non league go again in our respective leagues whenever it's safe to do so.

If we promoted and relegated with 9 games still to play, whats that 28 points of the top on my head ? That would cause a massive shitstorm with those who miss out and those who go down.

Obviously with our position it's favourable but from a neutrals point of view it's the right thing to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyTue Apr 21, 2020 7:42 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
Just end the season now. Null and Void just the same as grass roots and non league go again in our respective leagues whenever it's safe to do so.

If we promoted and relegated with 9 games still to play, whats that 28 points of the top on my head ? That would cause a massive shitstorm with those who miss out and those who go down.

Obviously with our position it's favourable but from a neutrals point of view it's the right thing to do.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  another theory doing the rounds. league one and two are included i couldn't find the article i read this morning.

i agree with the null and voiding and concentrate efforts in getting next season up and running as best as possible.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Null and void the right choice but should include ALL leagues - we will see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 2:04 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Null and void the right choice but should include ALL leagues - we will see.

league one and two will be next theres no doubt about it. Interesting they have held off announcing promotions/relegations as i guess they can only be actioned if all leagues are null and voided.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 2:10 pm

Premier League clubs plan to return to training on May 9 after telling players to get ready to go back to work

Managers throughout the country have been in touch with their 'holidaying' players to tell them of the new plans.
Eddie Howe rang round his Bournemouth players to alert them when they are due to go back in to start work.

The Cherries badly want to get up and running to pull clear of the drop zone in the closing games.

Sheffield United have adjusted their proposed date of a May 4 re-boot and will also now get together on May 9 too.

Sean Dyche's Burnley are also due back in at the same time as they prepare to see out the campaign and even aim for Europe.

West Ham are also working on the same timetable and Crystal Palace are expecting to join them.

Other clubs are keeping their plans under wraps, but most think that is the best and first available date to begin preparations.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 2:14 pm

The BBC understands Oldham Athletic have asked players to move onto the furlough scheme or face redundancy. The Latics are not willing to top up wages above 80% meaning those earning above £2,500 per month face significant pay cut. The club will not comment
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 EmptyWed Apr 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Tgwu wrote:
The BBC understands Oldham Athletic have asked players to move onto the furlough scheme or face redundancy. The Latics are not willing to top up wages above 80% meaning those earning above £2,500 per month face significant pay cut. The club will not comment

They are in exactly the same position as an estimated 9 million other UK workers.

Really don't see why they should be treated any differently.

But I would say that any club that furloughs non playing staff should only get govt support once ALL staff are furloughed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus and Football   Coronavirus and Football - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus and Football
Page 16 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 26  Next