Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.

Go down 
+12
Elias
Greenlander
Tgwu
Vampires11
Punchdrunk
Freathy
akagreengull
Rickler
harvetheslayer
Les Miserable
mouldyoldgoat
Bob Crow
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. Empty
PostSubject: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 12:31 am

Don't think the sarcastic comment and emoji was very professional on the clubs part.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 12:40 am

Have to agree Bob. It doesn't do the club any favours.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 12:56 am

naz??? what is this slang term lol.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 1:11 am

Angry wrote:

Sounds a bit racist to me, what say you Bob?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 4:16 am

Angry wrote:

That cant be Bungo this time surely.
Whoever it was sack the amateur hour idiot today

Bet when Argyle were on the brink of extinction Swindon management put up pathetic comments and emoji like that. Like hell....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 5:03 am

I'm guessing that Naz is Canavan's nickname.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 8:49 am

Embarrassing, pathetic and unprofessional.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 9:02 am

akagreengull wrote:

Cowdrey perhaps ?? Hallett will be mortified to see that
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 9:19 am

1000 is not bad considering the large distance they have to travel on New Years Day. I'm sure Swindon Town and its fans won't be bothered about childish comments when they're celebrating another convincing away win at 16:50 tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 9:46 am

Thats the managers teamtalk sorted then, pin it on the dressing room wall.

Idiots.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 9:50 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

I actually trust SH to look into this show of amateurism, hopefully he is made aware of it.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:11 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Yep, think the Twitter is still Rick's show, but I might be wrong.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 10:14 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Angry wrote:

Sounds a bit racist to me, what say you Bob?

Naz is a new one for me, only thing remotely close I've ever heard was the boxer was nicknamed Prince Naz.
It was the sarcastic ohh bless remark and the emoji I thought was very unprofessional. Not surprised though as Rick Cowdrey was always partial to making sarcastic remarks on Twitter about opposing clubs and our own fans.
Back to top Go down
Vampires11

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 11:25 am

I think its funny, just banter.

you all need to climb out of your own arses with this club-bashing all the time
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 11:45 am

Vampires11 wrote:

And banter is? Yep unprofessional.

Go back in your box......
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 11:49 am

Vampires11 wrote:

It’s not club bashing for club bashing sake, it’s just that I don’t know of any other club that post this sort of thing on their official twitter page. I could be wrong because I don’t understand twitter or use it. Embarassed

As it’s been said the Swindon team talk is sorted.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 11:53 am

Naz is Canavan's nickname and leaving it late was referring to his late goal on Sunday
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 12:12 pm

There was a quote years back, and I wish I could remember who by, along the lines of 'they were Rotherham journalists writing about Rotherham players for Rotherham supporters so bugger impartiality' and ultimately the Argyle twitter feed is supposed to be that.

It's just that back in the day the Rotherham Gazette, or whatever it's called didn't extend much beyond South Yorkshire whereas anything in the internet gets its digital tentacles into the remotest cave and I think standards need to reflect that a bit more. I'm fed up with it's all about the bantz.

For me, I don't like the constant references to support levels. Second biggest home crowds and probably largest away support but it's all so crass and a bit bald men and combs especially when half the towns we visit are a quarter of the size of ours and have half a dozen top level sides an hour down the road. If we ever get back to the championship land we'll be the ones towards the bottom of the pile and getting incensed when the piss is being taken out of us.

Can't things be better than this.

Last edited by Greenlander on Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 12:23 pm

akagreengull wrote:

Vintage argyle then
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 1:08 pm

Greenlander wrote:
There was a quote years back, and I wish I could remember who by, along the lines of 'they were Rotherham journalists writing about Rotherham players for Rotherham supporters so bugger impartiality' and ultimately the Argyle twitter feed is supposed to be that.

It's just that back in the day the Rotherham Gazette, or whatever it's called didn't extend much beyond South Yorkshire whereas anything in the internet gets its digital tentacles into the remotest cave and I think standards need to reflect that a bit more. I'm fed up with it's all about the bantz.

For me, I don't like the constant references to support levels. Second biggest home crowds and probably largest away support but it's all so crasd and a bit bald men and combs especially when half the towns we visit are a quarter of the size of ours and have half a dozen top level sides an hour down the road. If we ever get back to the championship land we'll be the ones towards the bottom of the pile and getting incensed when the piss is being taken out of us.

Can't things be better than this.  

Thats pretty much the way I see it too. All of this besmirching other clubs support because we get an extra couple of thousand through the gate is ridiculous, it is like one eithiopian taking the mick out of another one for being slightly skinnier.

As has been said if we ever got back to the Championship we would be bottom of the pile for attendances and the only time you will see the extra 5 thousand or so 'supporters' that will rock up tomorrow will be when we play Exeter or get into the play offs.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 1:16 pm

Elias wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

Vintage argyle then
Yep, it seems so.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 1:35 pm

Any indications TG reference level of sales for tomorrow...??
Doing rough calculation around about 14,500 would make the average for the season to exceed 10,000
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 1:50 pm

Boring crowd stats for NYE.

Only two teams have had a higher attendance than our lowest so far this season: Bradford and Swindon.

Taking soccerways stadium capacity figures (which is open to dispute as ours is still listed at 19500) there are nine clubs who couldn't even hold our lowest gate and thirteen not our average.

This is the reality of League Two, we should be getting our heads down and trying our damnest to get the feck out of it. They may be our peers on the pitch, there's no disputing that but let them take their shots at us and take the piss. We need to be at different level off it if we want to be taken seriously as a 'big' club. Otherwise we become just another bottom level side.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 2:43 pm

I do love a bit of ATD faux rage. santa rendeer

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2019 2:51 pm

Zackly compared to POTUS our twitter is quite tame. Perspective innit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.   Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo. Empty

Back to top Go down

Swindon announcement on the official Facebook baggo.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next