The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 8:31 am

I hear that Ajose, who you lot were bragging would take the league by storm, has turned out to be a bit of a dud.

Warmed the bench on Saturday, didn't even get on the pitch. Not even when your lot were chasing a winner. On a fair whack (for you lot) as well.



Last edited by Hugh Watt on Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6654
Join date : 2017-09-09

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 9:07 am

Grace Less wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote " Unlike your trust our Si has a bulging wallett."

  Two points arise. What empirical evidence can you produce about the state of the Trust finances at Exeter City? The Club was the only one in Division Two last year to trade at a profit. Secondly what is this "bulging wallett" of which you boast? Is it some sort of Janner appendage?

Mate I "traded at a profit" last year unlike most league 2 teams but unlike Hallett I couldn't afford to steal your best players. His bulge is huge.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Posts : 11225
Join date : 2011-12-22
Age : 57
Location : Berkshire

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 1:09 pm

Hallet with a pocket full of change totalling £8.54p is more than brent was prepared to spend on the club so I would say it’s pretty bulging.

_______________________________________
I'm one of the common people so says the wife!
(A true GSG Girl)

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5765
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 6:05 pm

With the exeter public boycotting matches, i think the citys football club will remain shit for years to come.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-02-02
Age : 25
Location : Devon's Capital, obviously.

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 10:22 am

Little old Exeter selling more shirts than that of the Premier League sized club down the road? Is that because JSA doesn't stretch far enough to buy luxury's?
https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/exeter-city-sell-more-shirts-3262539
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Posts : 6251
Join date : 2014-03-30

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 10:33 am

Geezer wrote:
Little old Exeter selling more shirts than that of the Premier League sized club down the road? Is that because JSA doesn't stretch far enough to buy luxury's?
https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/exeter-city-sell-more-shirts-3262539


Not particularly something to be proud of, speaks volumes about your fanbase of inbred menchildren.....do you have the full set Geeeeez?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 11:54 am

Geezer wrote:
Little old Exeter selling more shirts than that of the Premier League sized club down the road? Is that because JSA doesn't stretch far enough to buy luxury's?
https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/exeter-city-sell-more-shirts-3262539

I'm more satisfied with getting double your attendances. Besides Stevenage are 50th in that list, looks like a load of shit to me.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 59

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 12:47 pm

The population of Plymouth is twice the size of Exeter so anything less than double size gates would be a failure for us.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali



Posts : 7256
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 43
Location : Plymouth

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2019 2:07 pm

It looks like the table is based on %increase in shirt sales, rather than actual shirt numbers.

How could Stevenage and Salford sell more shirts than Pompey, Fulham and Bradford?

Devon Live has just twisted the information and look to be incorrect in their statement. The shirt sales website can't even spell Bournemouth correctly.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Posts : 5765
Join date : 2014-06-01
Location : Brentocabin

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 31, 2019 5:07 pm

4316. thats all that turned up to watch the little leaders. laugh laugh laugh laugh geek
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 8:38 am

I thought there was going to be mad run on tickets once their new crapshack was open, now that all the old gits have somewhere to sit.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-02-02
Age : 25
Location : Devon's Capital, obviously.

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 12:17 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
4316. thats all that turned up to watch the little leaders. laugh laugh laugh laugh geek

Why are you so obsessed with our attendances? Plymouth as a City (Or town, the best thing those Germans ever did), is twice as big as Exeter, plus you have a much greater catchment area.

If you work it out attendances to population, you will realise ours are much more impressive than yours.

I suppose, attendances figures is all you lot can harp on about at the moment though, because you're dreadful on the pitch - so I'll let it slide....

Just like your league position.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin
seadog

Posts : 11135
Join date : 2011-05-10
Age : 61
Location : @ sea or @home

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 12:32 pm

Ere, geezer and HM, any sign of Down the track recently?

_______________________________________
What lovely weather we are having for the time of year.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 12:43 pm

Geezer wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
4316. thats all that turned up to watch the little leaders. laugh laugh laugh laugh geek

Why are you so obsessed with our attendances? Plymouth as a City (Or town, the best thing those Germans ever did), is twice as big as Exeter, plus you have a much greater catchment area.

If you work it out attendances to population, you will realise ours are much more impressive than yours.

I suppose, attendances figures is all you lot can harp on about at the moment though, because you're dreadful on the pitch - so I'll let it slide....

Just like your league position.

Firstly we're in the play off positions hardly 'dreadful' ,

Secondly its September; after the failures of your past 3 seasons from a promising start, you would have thought you might have learnt better.

Still you don't seem to be the sharpest tool in the box, so I'm not surprised.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6654
Join date : 2017-09-09

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 1:14 pm

Here's what The Chiefs manage to attract from the same catchment area as City,

"Last season saw nine fixtures break the 12,000 mark, the highest of which was the New Year's Eve encounter against Leicester Tigers, which attracted a capacity crowd of 12,807."

Fact is Exeter isn't very well supported end of story.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 2:07 pm

The Chiefs draw support from all over Devon and Cornwall as well.

Interestingly they've bottled 3 of their last 4 seasons as well. Must be something in the water.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-02-02
Age : 25
Location : Devon's Capital, obviously.

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2019 3:04 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Here's what The Chiefs manage to attract from the same catchment area as City,

"Last season saw nine fixtures break the 12,000 mark, the highest of which was the New Year's Eve encounter against Leicester Tigers, which attracted a capacity crowd of 12,807."

Fact is Exeter isn't very well supported end of story.

Well we've already established population wise, we're supported much better than Plymouth, and that's when we have a premier league rugby club to compete with too! Just goes to show how piss poor you lot really are when it comes to supporting your local side.

By the way, Chiefs have a much larger catchment area, pretty much the South West. No other remotely decent rugby sides around here.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 8:41 am

Geezer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Here's what The Chiefs manage to attract from the same catchment area as City,

"Last season saw nine fixtures break the 12,000 mark, the highest of which was the New Year's Eve encounter against Leicester Tigers, which attracted a capacity crowd of 12,807."

Fact is Exeter isn't very well supported end of story.

Well we've already established population wise, we're supported much better than Plymouth, and that's when we have a premier league rugby club to compete with too! Just goes to show how piss poor you lot really are when it comes to supporting your local side.

By the way, Chiefs have a much larger catchment area, pretty much the South West. No other remotely decent rugby sides around here.


Population of Plymouth - 234,982
Population of Exeter - 117,773

Argyle average attendance 2018/19 9,847
Exeter average attendance 2018/19 4,343

PAFC % population support 4.19%
ECFC % population support 3.68%

lol!

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6654
Join date : 2017-09-09

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 8:48 am

Geezer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Here's what The Chiefs manage to attract from the same catchment area as City,

"Last season saw nine fixtures break the 12,000 mark, the highest of which was the New Year's Eve encounter against Leicester Tigers, which attracted a capacity crowd of 12,807."

Fact is Exeter isn't very well supported end of story.

Well we've already established population wise, we're supported much better than Plymouth, and that's when we have a premier league rugby club to compete with too! Just goes to show how piss poor you lot really are when it comes to supporting your local side.

By the way, Chiefs have a much larger catchment area, pretty much the South West. No other remotely decent rugby sides around here.

The Chiefs have the same catchment area as you. If you lot made it to the Prem loads of people from all over the South West would flock to see the big names but as you well know no one believes that Exeter will ever make it past league 1 for more than a season so put their faith in Argyle who everybody knows is the bigger better supported club with much more chance of climbing the leagues. Give it about three years and we will reinstate the historical two league gap between us. Make the most of the Brent hangover Geez it won't last for ever.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne



Posts : 2166
Join date : 2013-11-21
Age : 59

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 9:26 am

Not even 5% of Plymouth people (many will be exiles/Cornish) attend games at HP? sums it up really.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Posts : 8958
Join date : 2011-10-23

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 10:10 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Here's what The Chiefs manage to attract from the same catchment area as City,

"Last season saw nine fixtures break the 12,000 mark, the highest of which was the New Year's Eve encounter against Leicester Tigers, which attracted a capacity crowd of 12,807."

Fact is Exeter isn't very well supported end of story.

Well we've already established population wise, we're supported much better than Plymouth, and that's when we have a premier league rugby club to compete with too! Just goes to show how piss poor you lot really are when it comes to supporting your local side.

By the way, Chiefs have a much larger catchment area, pretty much the South West. No other remotely decent rugby sides around here.


Population of Plymouth -  234,982
Population of Exeter - 117,773

Argyle average attendance 2018/19 9,847
Exeter average attendance 2018/19 4,343

PAFC % population support 4.19%
ECFC  % population support 3.68%

lol!


What compounds these figures is the fact that they came about in a season where Exeter were pushing for promotion for most of it, and Argyle averaged nearly 10,000 in a relegation season.

It’s always been generous to say we are, literally, twice the team they’ll ever be. In real terms, the gap is even wider.

The easiest barometer of how Argyle are doing in terms of peaks and troughs, is if we are in the same league as Exeter....we are most definitely in a trough. Mercifully that’ll only be for one season.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-02-02
Age : 25
Location : Devon's Capital, obviously.

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 10:13 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Here's what The Chiefs manage to attract from the same catchment area as City,

"Last season saw nine fixtures break the 12,000 mark, the highest of which was the New Year's Eve encounter against Leicester Tigers, which attracted a capacity crowd of 12,807."

Fact is Exeter isn't very well supported end of story.

Well we've already established population wise, we're supported much better than Plymouth, and that's when we have a premier league rugby club to compete with too! Just goes to show how piss poor you lot really are when it comes to supporting your local side.

By the way, Chiefs have a much larger catchment area, pretty much the South West. No other remotely decent rugby sides around here.


Population of Plymouth -  234,982
Population of Exeter - 117,773

Argyle average attendance 2018/19 9,847
Exeter average attendance 2018/19 4,343

PAFC % population support 4.19%
ECFC  % population support 3.68%

lol!


Ha - Now try the same calculations with the home crowd, rather than the overall attendances. Sneaking in Sunderland supporters who attended Home Park is a bit shifty. Did you assume that wouldn't be picked up on?

The population of Plymouth is also 264,000, not 234,000.
Exeter is around 130,000.

And another friendly reminder that half of our ground was under construction and out of action for the first 2 months of the season.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Posts : 6654
Join date : 2017-09-09

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 12:38 pm

Geezer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Here's what The Chiefs manage to attract from the same catchment area as City,

"Last season saw nine fixtures break the 12,000 mark, the highest of which was the New Year's Eve encounter against Leicester Tigers, which attracted a capacity crowd of 12,807."

Fact is Exeter isn't very well supported end of story.

Well we've already established population wise, we're supported much better than Plymouth, and that's when we have a premier league rugby club to compete with too! Just goes to show how piss poor you lot really are when it comes to supporting your local side.

By the way, Chiefs have a much larger catchment area, pretty much the South West. No other remotely decent rugby sides around here.


Population of Plymouth -  234,982
Population of Exeter - 117,773

Argyle average attendance 2018/19 9,847
Exeter average attendance 2018/19 4,343

PAFC % population support 4.19%
ECFC  % population support 3.68%

lol!


Ha - Now try the same calculations with the home crowd, rather than the overall attendances. Sneaking in Sunderland supporters who attended Home Park is a bit shifty. Did you assume that wouldn't be picked up on?

The population of Plymouth is also 264,000, not 234,000.
Exeter is around 130,000.

And another friendly reminder that half of our ground was under construction and out of action for the first 2 months of the season.

And after three years or so our ground is still under construction. Yöu can dress it up all you like our support is much bigger than yours, in every way.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 2:03 pm

Geezer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Here's what The Chiefs manage to attract from the same catchment area as City,

"Last season saw nine fixtures break the 12,000 mark, the highest of which was the New Year's Eve encounter against Leicester Tigers, which attracted a capacity crowd of 12,807."

Fact is Exeter isn't very well supported end of story.

Well we've already established population wise, we're supported much better than Plymouth, and that's when we have a premier league rugby club to compete with too! Just goes to show how piss poor you lot really are when it comes to supporting your local side.

By the way, Chiefs have a much larger catchment area, pretty much the South West. No other remotely decent rugby sides around here.


Population of Plymouth -  234,982
Population of Exeter - 117,773

Argyle average attendance 2018/19 9,847
Exeter average attendance 2018/19 4,343

PAFC % population support 4.19%
ECFC  % population support 3.68%

lol!


Ha - Now try the same calculations with the home crowd, rather than the overall attendances. Sneaking in Sunderland supporters who attended Home Park is a bit shifty. Did you assume that wouldn't be picked up on?

The population of Plymouth is also 264,000, not 234,000.
Exeter is around 130,000.

And another friendly reminder that half of our ground was under construction and out of action for the first 2 months of the season.

I can verify my figures. Lets see you verify yours.

You didn't even fill your shit pit of ground when it was under construction. So you can forget that little Wheeze Geeze.
Back to top Go down
Geezer

Geezer

Posts : 197
Join date : 2016-02-02
Age : 25
Location : Devon's Capital, obviously.

EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 10:42 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Here's what The Chiefs manage to attract from the same catchment area as City,

"Last season saw nine fixtures break the 12,000 mark, the highest of which was the New Year's Eve encounter against Leicester Tigers, which attracted a capacity crowd of 12,807."

Fact is Exeter isn't very well supported end of story.

Well we've already established population wise, we're supported much better than Plymouth, and that's when we have a premier league rugby club to compete with too! Just goes to show how piss poor you lot really are when it comes to supporting your local side.

By the way, Chiefs have a much larger catchment area, pretty much the South West. No other remotely decent rugby sides around here.


Population of Plymouth -  234,982
Population of Exeter - 117,773

Argyle average attendance 2018/19 9,847
Exeter average attendance 2018/19 4,343

PAFC % population support 4.19%
ECFC  % population support 3.68%

lol!


Ha - Now try the same calculations with the home crowd, rather than the overall attendances. Sneaking in Sunderland supporters who attended Home Park is a bit shifty. Did you assume that wouldn't be picked up on?

The population of Plymouth is also 264,000, not 234,000.
Exeter is around 130,000.

And another friendly reminder that half of our ground was under construction and out of action for the first 2 months of the season.

I can verify my figures. Lets see you verify yours.

You didn't even fill your shit pit of ground when it was under construction. So you can forget that little Wheeze Geeze.

It still reduced our attendances. The Flybe was constantly sold out throughout the redevelopment meaning if people wanted to sit, they couldn't, therefore they didn't come. A lot of elderly people and families with kids don't go on the big bank as standing for 110 minutes straight is difficult for some.

You claim to verify your figures but you haven't, you gave a load of warped figures, skewed a few things here and there, used some out of date data and then came to a result that fitted in with your agenda.

The ground development also reduced massively the away fans - and for some reason - as per your figures - you think away figures are relevant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.   EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
EXETER RELEGATION THREAD UPDATED.
Back to top 
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: