seadog
Earwegoagain
Cornish Rebel
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 8:44 am

You can see why they water proof the first few rows of the grandstand.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 9:00 am

When thy seated the Mayflower terrace was the price cheaper than the horseshoe, I really can't remember. I do remember a few soakings though and for those of us that sat there took it as an occupational hazard. The flip side was that it was unreserved seating so it didn't take weeks of pre-planning when a group of us wanted to sit together.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 10:41 am

Greenlander wrote:
When thy seated the Mayflower terrace was the price cheaper than the horseshoe, I really can't remember. I do remember a few soakings though and for those of us that sat there took it as an occupational hazard. The flip side was that it was unreserved seating so it didn't take weeks of pre-planning when a group of us wanted to sit together.  

I'm not sure I moved over to the Lyndy once the seats went in. I was talking to a mate of mine recently who used to go with me when we were at school, he asked how much it cost when we were kids, sort of seventies era and neither of us could remember. What I do remember is it wasn't much I can't once remember not having funds to be able to go, the paper round covered it and that was £1.50 a week.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 11:29 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

I'm not sure I moved over to the Lyndy once the seats went in. I was talking to a mate of mine recently who used to go with me when we were at school, he asked how much it cost when we were kids, sort of seventies era and neither of us could remember. What I do remember is it wasn't much I can't once remember not having funds to be able to go, the paper round covered it and that was £1.50 a week.

My first season ticket was as a kid in 1984/85 and cost me a tenner. I'm almost certain if I'd paid on the gate it would have been a quid a pop. So, in effect, thirteen free games. How times change.

And, back on the topic in hand, is it me or are there going to be massive blind spots for those who end up sitting at the back of the new stand.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 12:38 pm

Greenlander wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

My first season ticket was as a kid in 1984/85 and cost me a tenner. I'm almost certain if I'd paid on the gate it would have been a quid a pop. So, in effect, thirteen free games. How times change.

And, back on the topic in hand, is it me or are there going to be massive blind spots for those who end up sitting at the back of the new stand.

Correct, there was an architects image posted on here last year showing projected sight lines, iirc the rear 30/40 seats at bp end top corner have absolutely no view of the corresponding corner flag area.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
^^
You really are a nasty spiteful twat

Seriously, Harve?

I mean look at it...   A catastrophe waiting to happen!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Plymouth could be washed into the sea!

By the way..  How do you know what I have written if you have blocked me?  Superhuman powers?

Thought you'd be amused to know that Holloway has confirmed himself at the talk last night he emailed about the job but was never interviewed for it.

So much for that insider info of him being nailed on and wages being the only stumbling block lol!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 3:35 pm

Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
^^

Seriously, Harve?

By the way..  How do you know what I have written if you have blocked me?  Superhuman powers?

Thought you'd be amused to know that Holloway has confirmed himself at the talk last night he emailed about the job but was never interviewed for it.

So much for that insider info of him being nailed on and wages being the only stumbling block lol!

lol lol so what was Holloway doing at the Moorland Links with Simon Hallet then ?? Discusiing the price of the cladding perhaps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 3:47 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
^^

Seriously, Harve?

lol lol so what was Holloway doing at the Moorland Links with Simon Hallet then ??  Discusiing the price of the cladding perhaps

sht sht sht sht
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 4:31 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

lol lol so what was Holloway doing at the Moorland Links with Simon Hallet then ??  Discusiing the price of the cladding perhaps

Maybe?  Certainly more chance of that than discussing being the manager of Argyle.

Talking of cladding..  I thought (according to you) that was going to be a problem for Argyle too?

Have you ever got anything right?

Certainly not me being arrested at Heathrow.  LOL.  Talk about living in fantasy land. What a whack job you are.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 6:44 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
Rickler wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
^^

Seriously, Harve?

Well he wasn't discussing being manager that's for sure lol!

Maybe he was offering advice lol!

Or maybe your source fed you a bag of shite again.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 7:47 pm

And still no mention of the hoardings blocking off the exit near block 6. Even with fairly modest crowds last season it was still a nightmare trying to get out after the game because of that.

The new changing facilities are good to go so no reason for that ugly shite still to remain?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 8:01 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
And still no mention of the hoardings blocking off the exit near block 6. Even with fairly modest crowds last season it was still a nightmare trying to get out after the game because of that.

Should have popped the question at the fans forum tonight.  Or have had the AFT do it for you, as they offered to do...
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Never realised there was one till you mentioned it to be honest.

I see Newell is shrugging off fans concerns about getting a soaking

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As if you'd be happy to sit in the rain Nool you fat W**ker.
Back to top Go down
RD104

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 12:46 am

Punchdrunk wrote:

The new changing facilities are good to go so no reason for that ugly shite still to remain?

Managers office is temporarily housed there I believe.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 5:21 am

After all that rain the Sprinklers were on at 0500, these groundsman do get a early start
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 9:19 am

Rickler wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Should have popped the question at the fans forum tonight.  Or have had the AFT do it for you, as they offered to do...

No amount of waffle will move the hoarding. It's all a load of bollocks, I've raised my concerns with the club about parking, having to traipse around the ground to get a ticket and all with chronic pain issues. I get told to turn up early. It's lip service that's all but it keeps the saps happy I guess.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 9:30 am

Punchdrunk wrote:
Never realised there was one till you mentioned it to be honest.

I see Newell is shrugging off fans concerns about getting a soaking

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As if you'd be happy to sit in the rain Nool you fat W**ker.

Fatty says,
We used to stand at the front by the dugouts (known as the smelly end to some of us Janers) and when it hammered down, we ran to the back bit just under the Mayflower seats.

Nobody died that I can remember.

Although that's no longer a plausible way of evading the rain when it's all seated. To be honest I don't see it as a huge issue but the seats should be cheaper and people made aware of the rain issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 9:59 am

I would have thought most people are aware or at least ATD posters are as we’re continually being reminded of it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 10:00 am

Graiser wrote:
I would have thought most people are aware or at least ATD posters are as we’re continually being reminded of it.

Is that a bad thing?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 12:25 pm

C&P'd from Mordor.

"The cost of the Grandstand and the acquisition of HHP (the non-ice rink part) amounts to £8.7m. Only £3.1m of the £4.1m loan from Simon Hallett has been drawn down"

-------------------------------------------

£4.1 million loan from SH? Am I missing something here (professes to know little about the whole SH loan malarky due to no interest) - and then only the bit about only £3.1m drawn down!

Pfft - going back to cleaning me intervalometer.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 3:36 pm

Balcony on fans bar going up I was going to post a picture of the drains but it always get caught up in a political mess.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Balcony on fans bar going up I was going to post a picture of the drains but it always get caught up in a political mess.

Very odd choice to plump for an east-facing outside balcony area. It'll all be in the shade by early afternoon. Stick it on the rear (south) elevation and it's in the sun all day. Or the western elevation gets afternoon/evening sun - very nice for the Spring/Summer functions they'll shorely be hoping to take bookings for.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Is that a bad thing?

Once we’re all aware, which we all must be by now, it’s a question of choice, if you don’t want to run the risk of getting wet, sit somewhere else.
During rainfall sitting in row 4 block 11 of the Lyndhurst I nearly always get wet, I could move but can’t be arsed so I don’t keep dripping about it (pardon the pun)
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 5:25 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Is that a bad thing?

Once we’re all aware, which we all must be by now, it’s a question of choice, if you don’t want to run the risk of getting wet, sit somewhere else.
During rainfall sitting in row 4 block 11 of the Lyndhurst I nearly always get wet, I could move but can’t be arsed so I don’t keep dripping about it (pardon the pun)

It's a question of modern stadia having a minimum requirement to cover all spectators from a soaking, bearing in mind this is what we are now lumbered with for another generation. You sound like Ian Newell on PASOTI with your stance on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 6:46 pm

I don't mind Gaffer taking that stance it's the fact that he's always asking other people not to take one. That is a bit pasoti.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next