Earwegoagain
Cornish Rebel
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 9:05 am

Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
I’m no builder but a Railway engineer but the principles are very similar, even relaying complicated point layouts I would only utilise the required resources rather than flood the site, particularly with manpower as some are prone to do, the results are soaring costs and busting budgets, as most posters on ATD who appear to have knowledge of civil engineering have commented many times on the circa 6 million budget for the refurbishment appearing to be small beans, perhaps this is why the site does not appear to be over endowed with staff

lol so the same amount of workers need to work twice as long. Double the manpower and halve the schedule and get the old girl back in play

It doesn’t work like that and if you had any idea on allocating resources to a programme of works whilst keeping within budget you might realise that.

As someone who has been a builder for year and also used to allocating resources whilst keeping in budget you are talking shite as per usual. It's obvious that not only planning but cash flow problems have held up the build. That I can live with, what I find hard to bear is the bullshit that this is normal. It's only normal in Brent's world.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 10:19 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
I’m no builder but a Railway engineer but the principles are very similar, even relaying complicated point layouts I would only utilise the required resources rather than flood the site, particularly with manpower as some are prone to do, the results are soaring costs and busting budgets, as most posters on ATD who appear to have knowledge of civil engineering have commented many times on the circa 6 million budget for the refurbishment appearing to be small beans, perhaps this is why the site does not appear to be over endowed with staff

lol so the same amount of workers need to work twice as long. Double the manpower and halve the schedule and get the old girl back in play

It doesn’t work like that and if you had any idea on allocating resources to a programme of works whilst keeping within budget you might realise that.

As someone who has been a builder for year and also used to allocating resources whilst keeping in budget you are talking shite as per usual. It's obvious that not only planning but cash flow problems have held up the build. That I can live with, what I find hard to bear is the bullshit that this is normal. It's only normal in Brent's world.

I am not a building or engineering professional but I supply FF&E to various construction projects and from my experience totally agree with Ears . I have never seen a project that is on budget and on time progress at such a snails pace.

When you consider 18 year ago they managed to knock 3 sides of the ground have new stands ready for punters in 6 months, its indefensible. Especially with the huge advances in construction technology since.

Even if "flooding the site" were a problem, which it isnt its blindingly obvious that the dressing room, club shop and grandstand work could have been carried concurrently for one thing, had Brent forked out on a experienced professional project manager , resource allocation might not be a problem. Instead he hands the job to an arselicker who's only contribution appears to be tossing a few words of corporate waffle on the Baggo whenever the lack of progress gets noted on here.

Its just so tru to form
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 11:20 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I am not a building or engineering professional but I supply FF&E to various construction projects and from my experience totally agree with Ears . I have never seen a project that is on budget and on time progress at such a snails pace.

When you consider 18 year ago they managed to knock 3 sides of the ground have new stands ready for punters in 6 months, its indefensible. Especially with the huge advances in construction technology since.

Even if "flooding the site" were a problem, which it isnt its blindingly obvious that the dressing room, club shop and grandstand work could have been carried concurrently for one thing, had Brent forked out on a experienced professional project manager , resource allocation might not be a problem. Instead he hands the job to an arselicker who's only contribution appears to be tossing a few words of corporate waffle on the Baggo whenever the lack of progress gets noted on here.

Its just so tru to form

Two very good posts from Ears and Hugh which sums up the situation quite lubbly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 12:20 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Not writing shite at all, for example  there’s 10 staff plus the crane operator that I can see at the moment, I can’t see how that particular operation could be increased without compromising safety.
Look whether there’s a cash flow issue or not I don’t know and your only surmising there is.
But it doesn’t necessarily follow doubling the resources means doubling the volume of work produced in the same time frame, that’s very naive thinking
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 12:47 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:

Not writing shite at all, for example  there’s 10 staff plus the crane operator that I can see at the moment, I can’t see how that particular operation could be increased without compromising safety.
Look whether there’s a cash flow issue or not I don’t know and your only surmising there is.
But it doesn’t necessarily follow doubling the resources means doubling the volume of work produced in the same time frame, that’s very naive thinking

14 months of enabling work with mainly a three man workforce. Lol. Brent's an incompetent twat end of.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 3:14 pm

I'm my humble opinion can we just hurry up get it finished so we can focus on the shit brand of football we are served up
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 6:05 pm

What cash flow problems?

Where has this sprung from?

Why do we have cash flow problems?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 6:45 pm

I see the new plans for HHP show the ice rink and a couple of food and drink outlets opposite the GTs. JB's aiding of the GTs is magnificent.

Not that any of it will get built.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 7:05 pm

Where is the unwanted land that the club is going to buy back?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 7:26 pm

When will everybody wise up to the fact there is NOTHING of any benefit to the club in this at all?

Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 7:38 pm

'There are none so blind as those who will not see'
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 9:44 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
What cash flow problems?

Where has this sprung from?

Why do we have cash flow problems?

Dunno... Bollocks probably... But then why don't you take up Brent up on his offer to meet personally with you over coffee and clear a few things up?

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 10:06 pm

I refer to cash flow problems because that's my take on it. Halletts six mill isn't enough for the cost of the whole refurb so the board decide to divert x amount from the playing budget for oh I don't know maybe a couple of years whilst they spend that on enabling works and weigh in with Halletts cash to pay for te actual grandstand bit. Just a hunch. I'd bet my lunch money on it though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 10:21 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
When will everybody wise up to the fact there is NOTHING of any benefit to the club in this at all?

preaching to the choir here SFD, most of us know this and hae done for years as you ill know. The piggery are the ones who need t o wake up.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 10:41 pm

Bloody Avivas
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 11:30 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I think most on here already know this, it's the other places that need telling. Sadly they're too busy still bowing down to his lordship praising him cuz eeeee saved uzzzzz dinnim.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 1:23 am

seadog wrote:
I see the new plans for HHP show the ice rink and a couple of food and drink outlets opposite the GTs.  JB's aiding of the GTs is magnificent.

Naturally but dont forget Brent has no connection to any part of the GTs set up the exact words of one Gary McGuire in his SMS to me so on that basis he owes them nothing. However as you say he'll build sod all anyway. Am under the impression now that he presents these "plans" to give some sort of accreditation to the rest of his catastrophic empire and nothing more than that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 6:56 am

My take is that these 2 are joined at the hip - chuckle brothers, 'to me, to you'!! Look out Gary, I think.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 7:04 am

They have certainly got the rake quite steep on the Mayflower terracing should be very good sight lines at least when completed
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 9:24 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
They have certainly got the rake quite steep on the Mayflower terracing should be very good sight lines at least when completed

Still get bloody wet when it rains coz they won't extend the roof.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 2:14 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Still get bloody wet when it rains coz they won't extend the roof.

You will get a free poncho laugh
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 2:40 pm

seadog wrote:
I see the new plans for HHP show the ice rink and a couple of food and drink outlets opposite the GTs.  JB's aiding of the GTs is magnificent.

False alarm!!! Apparently those units are on Argo land and may be built as a gym/ offices at a later date, probably still before the Ice rink.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 3:34 pm

THE Green Army are kindly advised the Home Park car park will now be closed with immediate effect to all visiting vehicles.

We are now expecting the delivery of large materials as part of the Grandstand redevelopment and this will involve the regular arrival and departure of heavy goods vehicles in this car park.

For the safety of all supporters and visitors to Home Park, this car park will be closed. The best alternative option is the large Park and Ride car park adjacent to the stadium, which is free to use and still a short walk to the club shop and ticket office.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 7:23 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

Credit is due to The Green Guide which sets out the criteria for such things.

Sadly it'll cost you 95 notes to find out exactly what those criteria are.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 8:50 pm

5th edition can be viewed here, should anyone feel the need:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Wikipedia says the 2018 6th edition includes sections on external areas, and updates related to technology changes, so the stuff on stand design is probably still accurate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next