harvetheslayer
zyph
Czarcasm
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 1:19 am

argyl3 wrote:
I guess with the steel coming down, someone is trousering the money that the scrap value gets?

Bit bemused with that coming down. Suspect a few others are wondering as well. The club have changed the plans so many times suspect even Bungos not sure what set of plans hes supposed to be following
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 8:40 am

Perfect planning prevents piss poor performance. Amateur Akkeron.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 8:52 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
argyl3 wrote:
I guess with the steel coming down, someone is trousering the money that the scrap value gets?

Bit bemused with that coming down. Suspect a few others are wondering as well. The club have changed the plans so many times suspect even Bungos not sure what set of plans hes supposed to be following

Perhaps Silent Si could tweet out an update. silent
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 9:06 am

Very Happy Thanksgiving is in a week's time. Hallett will have a day off to jet over and give us all the gossip, tell us how the property negotiations have been going and also if the council have caved in yet. Can't beat  a dose of good old fashioned Transparency.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 9:31 am

I still fail to see wtf the council have to do with this. Houses in the park ain't happening.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 10:33 am

Eh ? Who mentioned "houses" ?
There are plenty of property deals to sort out, part of HHP transferring back to the club for a start... what are the "conditions" that we were told of ? Then there's the rejigging of  the rest of HHP, let alone the ongoing drainage and the attendant drainage as well. I bet the hamster wheels have been turning furiously.
And for your information, as someone who follows park ins and outs carefully through many different avenues, the council and an ex employee turned developer did have possible plans to build "houses in the park by Holdsworth and Wake St. until their plan was rightly scuppered.

While you're talking residential, then there is certainly a future concern regarding "parkside appartments" ever since Stapleton was given permission to build a hotel when considering later planning law. . I assume you are up with current law whereby  existing uneconomic hotels can be morphed into apartments. That certainly will be a future worry for the park area, HHP, and now including the permission down by the vets as well.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 11:53 am

Update on Planning permission as at 11.50 am of todays date

"Morning

The original consent was submitted and approved under planning application reference 17/01684/OUT. Having checked through our records, I note that there is still an outstanding discharge of condition application which relates to condition 9; application number 18/00907/CDM. This is still currently pending consideration and is yet to have been formally agreed/decided.

Thanks

xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

Emphasis is mine

In short nothing has changed
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 11:59 am

beesrus wrote:
Eh ? Who mentioned "houses" ?
There are plenty of property deals to sort out, part of HHP transferring back to the club for a start... what are the "conditions" that we were told of ? Then there's the rejigging of  the rest of HHP, let alone the ongoing drainage and the attendant drainage as well. I bet the hamster wheels have been turning furiously.
And for your information, as someone who follows park ins and outs carefully through many different avenues, the council and an ex employee turned developer did have possible plans to build "houses in the park by Holdsworth and Wake St. until their plan was rightly scuppered.

While you're talking residential, then there is certainly a future concern regarding "parkside appartments" ever since Stapleton was given permission to build a hotel when considering later planning law. . I assume you are up with current law whereby  existing uneconomic hotels can be morphed into apartments. That certainly will be a future worry for the park area, HHP, and now including the permission down by the vets as well.

You have mentioned houses in previous posts, not this one I'll grant you and I'm as aware as you are about previously scuppered plans. I just can't see the council would be able or want to fund Brent's drainage.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 12:01 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

"Morning

The original consent was submitted and approved under planning application reference 17/01684/OUT. Having checked through our records, I note that there is still an outstanding discharge of condition application which relates to condition 9; application number 18/00907/CDM. This is still currently pending consideration and is yet to have been formally agreed/decided.

Thanks

xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

Emphasis is mine

Yet Porky said only the other day that the drainage issue was made up and has never held the development back. If its not the drains you have to wonder what else it could be?
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 12:09 pm

Side note: change of use from hotels to residential requires a full planning application. It isn't permitted development/prior approval, in the same way that shops, warehouses, and certain other types of buildings can be. I imagine any application would be fought pretty hard, which isn't to say that it couldn't be bullied through if there was a buck to be made.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 12:10 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

"Morning

Thanks

xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx

Emphasis is mine

Yet Porky said only the other day that the drainage issue was made up and has never held the development back. If its not the drains you have to wonder what else it could be?

Whatever it is planning permission doesnt exist
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
You have mentioned houses in previous posts, not this one I'll grant you and I'm as aware as you are about previously scuppered plans.  I just can't see the council would be able or want to fund Brent's drainage.

No, I haven't, so let's have less of this fake referencing, it's become a habit for some of late. Nowhere could you point to me saying that. Naughty Earwig,  I have never believed anyone would build "houses" on HHP. If a residential use application were to be made in the future, to super-cede the town use  granted years ago, it would be the ubiquitous "student accommodation" euphemism or park side apartments. That's where the big money would be. I still worry that will be the plan for the back of the stadium at the Barn Park corner, hence the temporary nature of the taverner portakabin. 
As to the drainage, there is a big pot of money for drainage just sitting there. But this is grant money, and not from the council's own pocket. They themselves are already dipping in to it as has become their way over the last few years with green space money, and all manner of capital projects.  Easy to muddy the waters literally between the two projects up by the football club if people so wish, and brent knows that. In effect, hitch a lubberly lift on some quango grant money.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Prior to Beezys continued references to apartments on the back of the Barn Park area, I’d never given that a thought. I’d think I’d be quite interested in buying one if it ever happened.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 3:39 pm

lol! Naughty Czarks. One mans apartment is another mans house/castle. Call it what you like its all lumped together under residential planning so apartment or house the same thing really. So not really being naughty at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 3:48 pm

Plenty of demand from the likes of some, Czarky. Maybe make someone a nice second home.  I see you as more the  bungalow under Smeaton's Tower type ? raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 3:58 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
lol! Naughty Czarks. One mans apartment is another mans house/castle. Call it what you like its all lumped together under residential planning so apartment or house the same thing really. So not really being naughty at all.

I thought you were a builder. ... no difference between a house, a castle, an apartment ? Do me a favour, naughty Earwig.
Funnily enough I met a very good long term friend of mine many years ago. I was building a 30ft long dragon, and a 20 ft high castle. He was building a 50 ft high elephant. I felt ever so humble. flower
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 5:47 pm

beesrus wrote:
Plenty of demand from the likes of some, Czarky. Maybe make someone a nice second home.  I see you as more the  bungalow under Smeaton's Tower type ? raised eyebrow

That’d be pretty cool....look at the size of my lawn !
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 5:57 pm

beesrus wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I thought you were a builder. ... no difference between a house, a castle, an apartment ? Do me a favour, naughty Earwig.
Funnily enough I met a very good long term friend of mine many years ago. I was building a 30ft long dragon, and a 20 ft high castle. He was building a 50 ft high elephant. I felt ever so humble.  flower

It's good to have the odd leftfield/bizarre post on here Bees keep it up, obviously won't be enquiring as to why you were engaged in such an endeavour. geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 6:12 pm

Very Happy  nothing bizzare Akkers, well not that Summer anyway.  
Here's my mate's elephant to give the context. Sadly another friend, the engineer designer, neglected to specify galvanised/suitable fixings. Great debates at the time over the campfire. It very sadly blew down 8 or 9 years later. A lesson from history for the horseshoe ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 6:18 pm

Very impressed Bees, just had the thought/fantasy of the moanflower being raised to the ground and being replaced
with the amazing elephant.
The symbolism would surpass any scene from 2001.
laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 6:31 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Very impressed Bees, just had the thought/fantasy of the moanflower being raised to the ground and being replaced
with the amazing elephant.
The symbolism would surpass any scene from 2001.
laugh

I hear he actually died yesterday, sadly. HAL, that is. Great voice.
I've often mimicked him
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Nov 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Really?
Will check that out, I'm fairly convinced HAL is in charge of the Brexit negotiations. laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 8:48 am

beesrus wrote:
Very Happy  nothing bizzare Akkers, well not that Summer anyway.  
Here's my mate's elephant to give the context. Sadly another friend, the engineer designer, neglected to specify galvanised/suitable fixings. Great debates at the time over the campfire. It very sadly blew down 8 or 9 years later. A lesson from history for the horseshoe ?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Was that the Elephant Fair? I went in 84 and 85. I wasn't taken in 86 when it shitted it down. After the Beanfield it was a different game altogether.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 9:58 am

Probably the druggiest fest have ever been to. Smile
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 10:44 am

One of the main reasons it got closed down was when the Scorpio nicked a police van and dumped it in the river. They got all billy big boots "yeh we know we nicked it, you know we nicked but wtf are you all going to do about it?" Lol. Didn't go well for the fair or the club.
I think the early Stonehenge and this were the bollocks as far as fessies go haven't been to one in years. Maybe it's just an age thang?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 10 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next