downthetrack

downthetrack

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Who's next in the chair ?
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Two names spring to mind but they are both Argyle fans lol!
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:45 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Who's next in the chair ?

Depends on whether you have to plug the chair in or not Question
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Capello   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:46 pm

He's gorn.Average results really,not very inspirational at the last world cup.Wonder who'll take his place and would it make a difference? Harry boy? Maybe,although the mass choice is normally the last one the FA look at when it comes to these matters.And would it be a dilemma for him to leave Spurs at the moment? It'll need sorting pretty quick.
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:53 pm

The only stand-out candidate is Harry Redknapp, but if he leaves Spurs after his speech thanking Spurs for their loyalty today, that will really anger the Spurs fans.
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Whoever it is, I just hope the FA don't dish out a massively lucrative long term contract that rewards failure. Make it performance related with if a termination clause if certain objectives aren't met.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Greenjock wrote:
The only stand-out candidate is Harry Redknapp, but if he leaves Spurs after his speech thanking Spurs for their loyalty today, that will really anger the Spurs fans.

Not sure that he'd care overmuch Jock,he certainly didn't when he went to Southampton from Pompey-now there was a move guaranteed to antagonise.He always seems to be the type of bloke to come up smelling of roses,no matter what he does.I would imagine that the first person he'll care about is Harry Redknapp and sod the consequences.
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:07 pm

Oh but he was choked with emotion outside the courts earlier Razz he couldn't praise Daniel Levy and the Spurs fans enough for their support.

Loyalty in football is almost non existent these days though and he would have the support of the rest of the English fans I guess.
Back to top Go down
Old Timer

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Turning out to be not too bad a week.Got rid of John Terry and Crapello in the space of a couple of days.Time to party.
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Redknapp was talking today like he is leaving Spurs... "I'll always remember the fans chanting my name throughout the last game".

Reckon he'd take it?
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:46 pm

I've shortlisted the ones i'd take

Harry Redknapp
Martin Oneil
Carl Fletcher
Mike Bassett
Guus Hiddink
Jose Mourinho
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:50 pm

monti wrote:

Harry Redknapp
Martin Oneil
Carl Fletcher
Mike Bassett
Guus Hiddink
Jose Mourinho

Can I add Smiffy (as in James Cordon)

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:53 pm

I would guess that Stuart Pearce will get the gig on a caretaker basis. Beyond that, I suppose 'arry is the obvious choice, although he's always struck me as being someone who's completely in his comfort zone as a club manager - all that wheeling and dealing (in the transfer market, I mean), day to day involvement with players, coaches etc.

Dane Bunney would be my choice. After failing as manager at Millbrook and Ottery St Mary FC's, surely the England job is the next logical step. He's got Harry's literacy levels, too, so thats a start.
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 8:54 pm

GibGreen wrote:
monti wrote:

Harry Redknapp
Martin Oneil
Carl Fletcher
Mike Bassett
Guus Hiddink
Jose Mourinho

Can I add Smiffy (as in James Cordon)

Very Happy
#

Well he couldn't be any worse than he is as a comedian
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:01 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
I would guess that Stuart Pearce will get the gig on a caretaker basis. Beyond that, I suppose 'arry is the obvious choice, although he's always struck me as being someone who's completely in his comfort zone as a club manager - all that wheeling and dealing (in the transfer market, I mean), day to day involvement with players, coaches etc.

Dane Bunney would be my choice. After failing as manager at Millbrook and Ottery St Mary FC's, surely the England job is the next logical step. He's got Harry's literacy levels, too, so thats a start.

Trouble is Dane would only pick Man Utd players, anyone who hasn't ever been in a team that's beaten Man Utd, anyone with short hair as he doesn't like long-haired g*po's, and anyone with a surname with one syllable. They would also have to be known as Daz, Baz, Gaz or Chaz which leaves him with a small squad to pick from.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:04 pm

'Capello' topic merged into this one for neatness by me while my cheese on toast is doing.

I used to really, really care about the Engerland team. I couldn't give less of a toss nowadays after so many lacklustre performances in tournaments. Give the manager's job to Beckham. Then at least the team would have cheap undies.

Or sack all the Prem 'stars' and start again under someone like Warnock with the likes of Grant Holt up front.
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:06 pm

News just in:

Harry Redknapp has said that he'll do the England job for the Euro's. But they have to be used and untraceable. Basketball
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:06 pm

Nick Griffin is considering applying for the position if he turns down Forza Verde's role as lead chanter
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:08 pm

The only way it won't be 'Arry is if he turns it down. Which he won't.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Well it's not the first time an Italian's left a sinking ship, is it?
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Andy_Symons wrote:

Trouble is Dane would only pick Man Utd players, anyone who hasn't ever been in a team that's beaten Man Utd, anyone with short hair as he doesn't like long-haired g*po's, and anyone with a surname with one syllable. They would also have to be known as Daz, Baz, Gaz or Chaz which leaves him with a small squad to pick from.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Well it's not the first time an Italian's left a sinking ship, is it?

My mate just text me this, its brilliant
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Given the current stand off between these islands and the rest of Europe at the moment, it will undoubetdly be a home grown manager ... and by home grown, I mean these islands, not just England.
Do we have any English managers these days, any English goalkeepers ?
I don't care who manages them ... it's a busted flush before it even sets foot in wherever they're going... I haven't followed international football for so many years.
there was a World Cup final with Germany the last time around or the time before ... the game was on the box, and I was out in the garden, leaving the TV to the assorted household animals.
Back to top Go down

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:40 pm

Greenjock, your last post was only about the England situation because of your first few words and the rest was not. Stop being naughty and stick to the point.

In some ways I actually don't blame Capello for throwing a hissy fit. He is, whether anyone likes it or not, the England Manager or at least was. To not include him in any discussion about the team is just wrong. They should and could have called him in to take part even if he didn't get his way with what happened. The FA in my opinion didn't want him in the job anymore and to be honest I don't think he wanted to be there either but it doesn't make the FA's methods right.

Harry is a shoe in for the job. There is no other Manager in this Country who fits the job or has his success rate. If offerred, and I think it's a forgone conclusion, he will take it which then leave Spurs in the shit for the rest of the season. He would not be turning his back on Spurs as he has always made it very clear that if the opportunity came his way then he would be proud to do the job. They have always known this and that it was likely he would get the chance eventually. This has only come sooner than they probably thought it would and he would at least see out this season.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:46 pm

I like Chris Hughton,if not Arry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Capello quits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Capello quits   Capello quits Empty

Back to top Go down

Capello quits