Dougie
Sir Francis Drake
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 5:04 pm

Interesting news: Brent's standing down as chair of the University Board of Governors with effect from the end of July (2016).

The 'job' (it's unpaid, of course) is being advertised and a quick glance at the requirements suggests there's no way he'd have been able to apply for it if they'd done it this way last time.

Also, gossip has it that a flash motor (a Merc?) was clamped in one of the campus car parks due to not being taxed. People seem to think it was his.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Dougie

Dougie

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 6:01 pm

Watch out for a ijn3 instigated fundraiser for a mural to go up on the campus of James and the giant pension pot
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 6:05 pm

Surprised the Farm haven't started a thread already putting positive spin on the sacking resignation

Last edited by harvetheslayer on Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 6:07 pm

Where did you get this info Sir Francis , if you don't mind me asking ? I'm interested. and need to know a little bit more
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 6:16 pm

A friend who works at the University. I know quite a few people who work there - as i'm sure you know.

It's in the Staff Bulletin so you should be able to find it on-line.

Don't think the clamping got featured though!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 9:00 pm

Chortle.chortle.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Bloody hell suffers building my hopes up when i see a thread like that mate.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 9:26 pm

Sorry meant franny didnt have me glasses on as i said i only saw the tread headline..lol
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Just in case you fancy sending a CV in...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 9:46 pm

Frank, I would like to think your scoop is true and a start to the retreat of Brent from Plymouth public life, but I doubt it. Highly implausible so soon, let alone a clamping. Behave.

The best the internet has to offer in 2016 is the appointment to the university board of governors of Hamish Anderson.
Funnily enough, he's an insolvency practitioner. Maybe he and Brent could discuss that "correction in the market" in 2007/8.
Quote :
Amongst many other appointments, Hamish is a past president of the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association and the current Chairman of the City of London Law Society's Insolvency Committee.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 9:48 pm

Jimmy, can now concentrate fully on his Non Developing cheers
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 9:58 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Frank, I would like to think your scoop is true and a start to the retreat of Brent from Plymouth public life, but I doubt it. Highly implausible so soon, let alone a clamping. Behave.

The best the internet has to offer in 2016 is the appointment to the university board of governors of Hamish Anderson.
Funnily enough, he's an insolvency practitioner. Maybe he and Brent could discuss that "correction in the market" in 2007/8.
Quote :
 Amongst many other appointments, Hamish is a past president of the Insolvency Lawyers’ Association and the current Chairman of the City of London Law Society's Insolvency Committee.  

So the Uni Staff Bulletin is going to get such a thing wrong? No. Don't be so bloody wet.

This isn't even slightly unlikely or improbable: it has already happened, been printed and distributed for (semi) public consumption.

What is it with this place? Why is belief of such a plain and simple truth so difficult to accept?
Back to top Go down

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 10:15 pm

Frank, if you had been self employed as long as I have, you would never ever assume receipt of money due to you until you actually see it in your bank account, and even then, it's best to draw it out and convert it into food or land stamps.
FWIW, I think all your valuable scoops almost always have a great deal of truth when the wash cycle finishes, as I expect the Nelson thing will. I'm not going to go hooping and hollering down Main St until I see cast iron evidence of Brent retreating, with his tail between his legs. It's the little bit of reservation in me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 10:18 pm

They are openly advertising on the Uni intranet for the next Chair of Governors complete with job spec and responsibilities.

That's how far advanced this is.

How it relates to anything else I have no idea.
Back to top Go down

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 11:55 pm

Got my application in.
Dear Polly,
I would like to put my name forward for the chair of the 'tech, I have got some experience with school as I worked there for some eleven years or so, Ive also built a couple of extensions, laid a patio and fitted some double glazing which is much more than the last bloke has ever achieved. Although I am over experienced I am taking some time for myself these days and am happy to help out education in my home city,
Sec Amsterdamage.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 12:15 am

I've also been told exactly the same as SFD.
Back to top Go down

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 3:49 am

RegGreen wrote:
Bloody hell suffers building my hopes up when i see a thread like that mate.

Sadly that's the only building that's likely to be going on...
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 11:20 am

Richard Blight wrote:
I've also been told exactly the same as SFD.

You mean:

1) I'm not making stuff up to appear self-important again despite never having made anything up ever for such purposes in my entire life?

2) There is something in it and I don't have the wrong end of the stick completely?

3) I'm not someone's Patsy being fed a line by some massive conspiracy orchestrated by Nool to set me up?

4) That SF male-voice choir isn't coming around to Jackson Pollock me again? (Not that they ever did last time or the time before that.)

5) I've been telling the truth all along? Heaven forbid!

It's almost as if I'm a local lad, living and working in my home town with lots of friends and acquaintances that I have met by going about my normal business for the best part of 50 years and that those friends and acquaintances are widely spread throughout the wider community we all accept as beeing loosely labelled as "Plymouth".

D'you know what I'd do if I were you? I'd carefully consider how often I have been wrong about such a thing (= Never) before leaping in with both feet and assuming that I'm wrong this time.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 12:39 pm

Good grief raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Astonishing drivel.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Elias wrote:
Astonishing drivel.

Simply spectacular indeed.....  Pig Pig
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Item 5.3: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 5:14 pm

16/08/11: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 5:22 pm

16/04/6: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! EmptyTue Oct 25, 2016 5:34 pm

New Chairman of Governors: Colin Drummond

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

James Brent Quits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: James Brent Quits!   James Brent Quits! Empty

Back to top Go down

James Brent Quits!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next