Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Martin Johnson quits

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Martin Johnson quits Empty
PostSubject: Martin Johnson quits   Martin Johnson quits EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:03 am

I am not upset by this at all. I don't think we have made any progress with Johnson. I hope the RFU get rid of his "coaches" too.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Johnson quits   Martin Johnson quits EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:06 am

some good news for a change!

I think England has taken big steps backwards under Johnson, it'll be interesting to see who gets the job next.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Martin Johnson quits   Martin Johnson quits EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:10 am

And they've stood back and allowed Sean Edwards, best forward coach apparently,to re sign with Wales for 4 years ffs !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Johnson quits   Martin Johnson quits EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Hence why the Welsh pack were so strong.

Someone needs to strangle the idiots up at Twickenham so English rugby can move forward from the last century.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Martin Johnson quits   Martin Johnson quits EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:44 pm

I thought Shaun Edwards was the Welsh defence coach? But whatever, their defence and forwards are very good.

My one little bit of sympathy for Johnson was that he inherited Ford, Wells, Smith and Rowntree. They have been behind the times for years and must take most of the blame for the terrible style of rugby England have played over the last few years. They have coached any "flair" out of the players. A clean sweep is needed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Martin Johnson quits   Martin Johnson quits EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:54 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I thought Shaun Edwards was the Welsh defence coach? But whatever, their defence and forwards are very good.

My one little bit of sympathy for Johnson was that he inherited Ford, Wells, Smith and Rowntree. They have been behind the times for years and must take most of the blame for the terrible style of rugby England have played over the last few years. They have coached any "flair" out of the players. A clean sweep is needed.

I don't know much about rugby Frank. Going for lunch at Tring RFC on Saturday. They play at a decent level now for a little town, just like the cricket club.
It's amazing what astute and inspired people at the helm can achieve at any club.
Back to top Go down
crickeypafc

PostSubject: Re: Martin Johnson quits   Martin Johnson quits EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:24 pm

This is good news i have found the rugby under Johnson to be very boring and forward based when we have some of the best backs in the world

Would like to see a new coach with fresh ideas who gives youth a chance to shine and build for the next world cup which is over here
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Martin Johnson quits   Martin Johnson quits EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 8:33 pm

The thing is, I don't mind a forwards oriented game, if we still had the forwards to play one. The issue is that in the past our pack was unbelievably good at winning those arm wrestles, but now they're not-though they are more mobile. What we need is an established coach with a vision of where we want to be in say two years time, and allow him to do what is necessary. I'd opt for Dean Richards but the RFU will go for a bath or leicester old boy, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Martin Johnson quits   Martin Johnson quits Empty

Back to top Go down

Martin Johnson quits
Page 1 of 1